Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857322 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doughyeenbae(f): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hi Glam, congratulations. I also applied to the university of winnipeg fall 2021 advanced business management. Please i have a question, when filling your form, what was filled under level of studies? college diploma or university-other studies. Thanks.
glam12:
Sorry about your delay. I went through the exact same thing with University of Winnipeg. That was why I said conditional offer in my detailed post earlier.
Eventually I was dropped out of the list for my preferred course of study (pgd Human Resources) because class was full; I had to take on the next available course (Advance business management certificate). Even this one I was put on the waiting list so it was shaky. But as God will have it, I got my AIP and was enrolled at dying minute. That is why I say this journey will try your patience in every possible way.
My advice to you is to take the next best step at every juncture of setback, just don’t give up. Keep moving.

Even with
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 9:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Mzflexydeeva:

Wow! I am so grateful for this. Please I don't mind suggestions for other schools as my only focus has been University of Manitoba

Do some research on the PhD programs at University of Alberta, Concordia University, University of Victoria, and Memorial University of Newfoundland.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Celoexpress:
Thank you so much Mr Frank, never too late to hear from you.

Please I also have a few challenges that I will appreciate your advise and that of our gurus on this platform (Mr Frank, Lekiboboe, OtunbaTee, JustMellow, etc.)

I have deferred till May 2021 but I am yet to notify IRCC because I do not have the new LOA from the school yet.

Also, how often can I keep sending webforms please as my application is way over processing time and I have sent webforms and mails once every week for the past 3 weeks without acknowledgment or update from the embassy asides my GCMS notes.

Lastly, my passport expires January 2022, I have 2 schools in mind, my current school which I deferred ends in March 202. This means the study permit to be issued is longer than the validity of my passport. Do you advise I renew now since it is still a year away before expiry or wait till close to end of this year to renew which by then, I would be in Canada as I plan to leave in April.

Please guys, I would appreciate your advise and responses on this. Thanks to you for your consistent help.

To the best of my knowledge
1. If the date you deferred to is not up to 150 days, you dont need to inform ircc about your new LOA.
2. You can renew your passport 6 months to expiration, which should be around June July this year. Also when u get a new passport you'll now put in for study permit extension. Which they will also approve and you'll get the new passport stamped.

Others can contribute too..

Stay safe chief!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
Babhydoll:
Good evening guys
Please for those of us going through the NSE route that submitted the document they requested for and eligibility review hasn’t started since you submitted, did anyone get approved even without eligibility review process cause I don’t understand it’s over a month I submitted Nd still no response from them it’s as if they just dumped my application somewhere I’m confused on what to do Nd yes I’ve been sending webform but still nothing

Yes I got approved without eligibility changing status throught out the timeline. Like it didnt even change for a day, also when i submitted my NSE documents on the 15th of December, it was acknowledged on the 31st, so my brother your patience must download additional patience to avoid overthinking..

It will end in praise...amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chichidgreat2012: 10:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
I tap into your testimony sis..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babhydoll: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Yes I got approved without eligibility changing status throught out the timeline. Like it didnt even change for a day, also when i submitted my NSE documents on the 15th of December, it was acknowledged on the 31st, so my brother your patience must download additional patience to avoid overthinking..

This was what I got from them
Good Day

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The additional documents you submitted have been added to your application, as per your request.

Regards,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

No, you won't be notified via email when the Eligibility Review assessment is ongoing on your file. Keep an eye on your CIC account for updates on your application.

It will end in praise
okay. Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
WhiteSpace:
Hello People of God,

I need your advice and assistance. I received Original Passport Request today.

There is less than 2 years left on my passport and IRCC says my passport must be valid for the expected time I would be spending in Canada.
Please, I need legit contacts that can help me with a fast passport renewal.

Secondly, I want to know the list of documents I must travel with. Mind you, I have not paid any fees to the school and I have already applied to defer till September, 2021. Still waiting for the school to send me deferrment letter, though supervisor wants me to resume ASAP. MSc.

Timeline below:

Applied in June, 2020
With upfront medicals
Available funds exactly as on admission letter
No updates
Biometrics in August
No updates
Requested GCMS notes in October
Received GCMS notes early November
Recommended for interview
No updates
Sent webforms in early December
Medicals updated to passed in mid-December
Biometrics validity letter same day
No updates
Sent webforms
No updates
Applied for another GCMS notes last week
Original Passport Request today.

Thank you all for the kind advices, prayers of faith and encouragements here. Indeed, God is Great!

Silent Reader

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
Thank you so much Otunba.

OtunbaTee:

To the best of my knowledge
1. If the date you deferred to is not up to 150 days, you dont need to inform ircc about your new LOA.
2. You can renew your passport 6 months to expiration, which should be around June July this year. Also when u get a new passport you'll now put in for study permit extension. Which they will also approve and you'll get the new passport stamped.

Others can contribute too..

Stay safe chief!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babhydoll: 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Was this the type of acknowledgment you got from them too?
Good Day

The additional documents you submitted have been added to your application, as per your request.

Regards,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rasakiopoewa: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
Pls can anyone explain why my current status is still showing action required after refusal since jan 26th. Received a correspondence letter with reasons for refusal but current status shows application updated and back to action required. Any explanation to that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rasakiopoewa: 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Also study mathematics with 3rd class hons. I have been in bizz for 10+ years meaning study gap is 10+ years. Which course, cert and school can I beam my searchlight. Will appreciate your advice sirs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Babhydoll:

Was this the type of acknowledgment you got from them too?
Good Day

Regards,

Email title : we successfully received your documents xxxxxxxxx
E.mail body: we got your documents. Thank you.
Bleep
Xxxx
Bleep
Xx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Psychosocial: 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello Guys,

I got refused study permit in 2018. I am trying to apply again. In the denial letter I got in 2018, there was a UCI number on it. Should I use this same number in filling out my IMM forms? or does IRCC give every application a UCI number??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hi OtunbaTee, could you please share me the letter you sent to ircc concerning nse about ielts weiver. I need the letter. Merci
OtunbaTee:

Bleep
Xxxx
Bleep
Xx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
slimy205:
I am scheduled from medical on the 4th at IOM lagos. Please house what are the requirements for an upfront medical?
- Go with your International passport. However, if you currently have a medical condition, go with your report and prescription.

- If it is medical request, they won't give you anything to upload. If upfront, you will get a slip (e-medical sheet) to upload

- Please do well to go there with proof of payment of medical fees.
I did not print my transfer slip and that caused a little delay for me. The officer wanted to send me out to print it but I had to practically force him to print it with the printer in the office.
This method may not work for everyone so please go there with the print out of your transfer.
- Also try to do the transfer two days before your appointment date. It'll make confirmation easy for you. In my case, the officer wrote "Pending" on my progress slip because they were yet to confirm transfer. Save yourself that hurdle.

Further advice:
- Go early. Book for 8am.
- Drink plenty of water before the medical screening.
- Relax, It takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. If you are healthy, you will be fine

Credits :@rebeccausoro

After you are through with the medicals at IOM they would give u an E-MEDICAL SHEET, its that E-MEDICAL SHEET u gonna send via WEBFORM AND MAIL to CIC NAIROBI IMMIGRATION OFFICE & to email addresses of other IRCC Immigration Offices

The link below is ur plug for that
Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (Upfront Medicals) & Sending the same E-medical sheet via E-mail to Nairobi office (see template of the message body for the Webfrom & Email)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

E-mail Address of other IRCC offices you should send your E-medical sheet to
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/82#97848700

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
Rasakiopoewa:
Also study mathematics with 3rd class hons. I have been in bizz for 10+ years meaning study gap is 10+ years. Which course, cert and school can I beam my searchlight. Will appreciate your advice sirs
With your 10 years educational gap, you can't go for a Mathematics or related program, you can only go for a PG. Cert program in a Business Related area (based on your work experience)

Go thru this
PG.Cert in Business Related Programs & Colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/644#96730373

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Since you Did your BIOMETRICS at Abuja

Just follow this guide

How to Send your Passport and Other Documents to Abuja VFS for Stamping
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131

Luckily for you, ABUJA VFS is more faster in processing PASSPORT for Stamping of VISA unlike LAGOS VFS that behaves otherwise

Its Lagos that requested her passport, but she submitted in abuja. Paper application last year march.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 11:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Pls I need help so I've gotten admission to the university of Manitoba since November 2019,the decision envelope came February beginning I got denied so i applied for visa again march 2020 before the coronavirus came and embassies we're shutdown and all, I emailed my uni explaining what's going, the told me I have three multiple start dates which is jan2020, may2020 and sept2020 but I missed all three and sent another email to the school they gave me the option to defer my admission thereby moving it by one term making my start dates june 2020,September 2020 and January 2021 now the issue is January just passed i was hoping my visa would arrive january but it didn't so basicailly I've lost my admission, now my visa still no response from the embassy the only thing they returned was my passport without it stamped a little paper saying my application is still in process and this was October 2020,Right now am confused, am I missing something pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 12:03am On Feb 03, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Bleep
Xxxx
Bleep
Xx

I didn’t this email when I uploaded my IELTS and mybankstatement in my online application. Since 23rd december I submitted. No eligibility review has started till today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 12:25am On Feb 03, 2021
Doughyeenbae:
Hi Glam, congratulations. I also applied to the university of winnipeg fall 2021 advanced business management. Please i have a question, when filling your form, what was filled under level of studies? college diploma or university-other studies. Thanks.
University -Other studies!!! I also applied for the May intake for the course so choose that option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 1:57am On Feb 03, 2021
EngrJackto:
Canada Visa Guide

Below is a comprehensive list of benefits you stand to gain when purchasing the Canada Visa Guide.

Documents and Templates to assist you in landing your dream job and get a full settlement plan before leaving Nigeria for Canada

How to get a work permit and Permanent Residency Status before leaving Nigeria.

Inside Tips and guides to ensure your application is stronger compared to 99% of other people.

Sample Downloadable documents to help you boost your application and make you stand out.

Easy way to get your educational credentials evaluated.

Step by Step Video demonstration guide until you land in Canada.

List of Canadian companies hiring which most people don’t know and how to get a job with these companies

Exact blueprint to get your Job & Accommodation sorted before leaving your country.

The above highlights are what you stand to benefit from when you get the Canada Visa Guide. As a way of giving you a guarantee for your money, If you don’t get any of the above-highlighted benefits in the guide. Simply ask for a refund and your money will be refunded in full.

The guide which is authored by an oversea base Nigeria immigration expert is currently on a discounted price of N20,000. price to increase soon.

You can get it through this link if interested https://travel.infoprod.com.ng/visaguide

Call/Whatsapp: 09056036917 for questions

I am not sure this is allowed here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 5:08am On Feb 03, 2021
EngrJackto:
Canada Visa Guide

Below is a comprehensive list of benefits you stand to gain when purchasing the Canada Visa Guide.

Documents and Templates to assist you in landing your dream job and get a full settlement plan before leaving Nigeria for Canada

How to get a work permit and Permanent Residency Status before leaving Nigeria.

Inside Tips and guides to ensure your application is stronger compared to 99% of other people.

Sample Downloadable documents to help you boost your application and make you stand out.

Easy way to get your educational credentials evaluated.

Step by Step Video demonstration guide until you land in Canada.

List of Canadian companies hiring which most people don’t know and how to get a job with these companies

Exact blueprint to get your Job & Accommodation sorted before leaving your country.

The above highlights are what you stand to benefit from when you get the Canada Visa Guide. As a way of giving you a guarantee for your money, If you don’t get any of the above-highlighted benefits in the guide. Simply ask for a refund and your money will be refunded in full.

The guide which is authored by an oversea base Nigeria immigration expert is currently on a discounted price of N20,000. price to increase soon.

You can get it through this link if interested https://travel.infoprod.com.ng/visaguide

Call/Whatsapp: 09056036917 for questions

Please sir , this content is not allowed in this forum

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 5:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Psychosocial:
Hello Guys,

I got refused study permit in 2018. I am trying to apply again. In the denial letter I got in 2018, there was a UCI number on it. Should I use this same number in filling out my IMM forms? or does IRCC give every application a UCI number??

Yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Emy31: 6:00am On Feb 03, 2021
Has anyone who did not submit NSE gotten PPR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hairbyuj(f): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2021
Which school is that?

WhiteSpace:
Hello People of God,

I need your advice and assistance. I received Original Passport Request today.

There is less than 2 years left on my passport and IRCC says my passport must be valid for the expected time I would be spending in Canada.
Please, I need legit contacts that can help me with a fast passport renewal.

Secondly, I want to know the list of documents I must travel with. Mind you, I have not paid any fees to the school and I have already applied to defer till September, 2021. Still waiting for the school to send me deferrment letter, though supervisor wants me to resume ASAP. MSc.

Timeline below:

Applied in June, 2020
With upfront medicals
Available funds exactly as on admission letter
No updates
Biometrics in August
No updates
Requested GCMS notes in October
Received GCMS notes early November
Recommended for interview
No updates
Sent webforms in early December
Medicals updated to passed in mid-December
Biometrics validity letter same day
No updates
Sent webforms
No updates
Applied for another GCMS notes last week
Original Passport Request today.

Thank you all for the kind advices, prayers of faith and encouragements here. Indeed, God is Great!

Silent Reader
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ololadejacobs: 7:20am On Feb 03, 2021
Hello good morning guys ,i applied for SP oct 6th I didn’t submit NSE requirements and my NSE request already expired since dec 24th but application status is still showing YOUR ACTION IS REQUIRED , and timeline is also showing WE NEED SOME DOCUMENTS FROM YOU . Is there anyone with similar case abs later got approval ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2021
Emy31:
Has anyone who did not submit NSE gotten PPR?
yes. Not me tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 7:26am On Feb 03, 2021
Congratulations Sir!

Please can we know the first course and school you applied to and what course and school you changed to?

My spouse has a similar timeline and was refused a second time.

Would love to know how you tackled it all

Thankyou.

gbengaadet:
FIRST OF ALL, I GIVE GOD ALMIGHTY ALL THE GLORY!
Permit me to share my story to inspire or boost someone’s hope.
So, this is my story?

• I started this journey mid-2019, so I applied in Dec 2019
• 22nd of Jan 2020, I was refused [Reason—Purpose of visit]
• Remark: In my application, I made a blunder of wrongly applied for a wrong course [Ordinary diploma]
• Then I changed my school and course [Post graduate program]
• Re-applied in March 2020 [ Then covid19 lockdown activated and the waiting period started……]
• 14th August did upfront medical and passed 10th September
• 20th September got AIP
• Then, no update again [Webform enquires and emails activated]
• 10th December BVL dropped [Then no update again, another session of emails activated]
• 13th Jan, Boom! PPR dropped [Abuja Embassy]
• 18th Jan, LOI and passport stamped.
• 21st Jan passport delivered
• 31sts Jan, Landed in Maple Canny.

Additional timeline:
• Sponsor – Self
• Good travel history
• Study gap - 16yrs
• Age – 40+
• Application type - Paper based
• Both applications were handled 100% by me (No agent)�

I encourage every one of you to never give up, even if not for anything but for your children’s future.

Please join me to thank God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:09am On Feb 03, 2021
Good morning everyone. Ghost update no 5. �����

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Inestimable61: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2021
Guys I got a rejection base of personal
Assets and financial status . I’m not even sure my application was thoroughly looked at because it’s not true . January 2021 intake . Already requested for GCMS note and deferred to September 2021.
I’m thinking of submitting another application immediately or should I just wait a little ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.