Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861472 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gbengaadet: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
ralfudoh:
Anyone headed to conestoga, feel free to hit me up, i can assist with airport pickup and drop off at your quarantine location, and some groceries. Just a way of giving back to this wonderful platform. Cheers
for free?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
ralfudoh:
Anyone headed to conestoga, feel free to hit me up, i can assist with airport pickup and drop off at your quarantine location, and some groceries. Just a way of giving back to this wonderful platform. Cheers
God bless you for your kind deed ...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 12:05am On Dec 24, 2020
The UCID is a unique number given to each applicant the moment you registered. It will be on the home page of your student portal. Feel free to send me a mail if you still have any question.
Joto97:
Hello everyone
I’ve being trying to applying for a masters program in the university of Calgary
Succeeded in opening a portal but now they’re asking for my UCID number which I don’t have and literally don’t know anything about.
Checked out their FAQ and QNA section but there was nothing helpful to me there.
Sent them a mail asking a more enlightenment on how to go about the purchase of it but still no response and time is going..
Pls I need help on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 12:11am On Dec 24, 2020
Nawa oo. People are now getting NSE within two weeks! IRCC kilo n happening? Let's have a rain of ppr na grin
Ckechi:

I submitted on the 11th of December and I got my NSE today...so I guess it differs

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lathrowinger: 12:12am On Dec 24, 2020
iampaulsmith:
Nawa oo. People are now getting NSE within two weeks! IRCC kilo n happening? Let's have a rain of ppr na grin
What's nse

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akupuncture: 12:30am On Dec 24, 2020
femredhead:

Congratulations !
Please,what documents did you presented? Do you have family members in Canada or you will stay in hotel?What's the balance of proof of fund you provided before your visa was approved?

I have a family in Canada. N7m balance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akupuncture: 12:32am On Dec 24, 2020
femredhead:

Do you have travel history?

No travel history. Not even to Cotonou.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Its 12 months bank statement and the balance should be able to cover atleast 6 months of school’s tuition and living expenses
How true is this please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MrsFavour2020: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2020
lathrowinger:

What's nse

Nigeria Student Express
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akupuncture: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2020
deepwater:

How much was your litigation cost

C$3,500

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 1:03am On Dec 24, 2020
Akupuncture:

I have a family in Canada. N7m balance.

Okay... Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 1:04am On Dec 24, 2020
Akupuncture:

No travel history. Not even to Cotonou.

Wow !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 4:35am On Dec 24, 2020
Hint: you don't need to take up bag space with things like indomie or milo, you can easily get those at your local grocery store. Nigerian food stuffs are more expensive here so pack more of that.

starkyniichan:

Kakokako already listed a few lemme add a few more

- salt, Maggi, some seasonings
- indomie
- spaghetti
- grounded pepper
- Egusi
- milk, Milo

Tbh just come with everything you can bags you gonna check in at the airport only gets Searched by officials at the airport for money reasons... After you check in your bags at the airport in Nigeria they don't get searched till you reach your final destination only the ones you carry with you they get checked at each layovers if you have any.

Safe journey, wishing you the best �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 4:41am On Dec 24, 2020
Phone na phone, it will work in any country... whether dual-sim or triple-sim.

Sirromey:
A friend was telling me I cannot use a dual sim phone there. How true is this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iyanu6000: 5:40am On Dec 24, 2020
I need help please !!!!!!

Iyanu6000:
Good Evening Everyone,

I studied Agric Economics, graduated with 3.06 out of 5 , however my last 2 semesters results were second class upper but I ended up with second class lower , I have 3 years banking experience now and I will like to apply to a school for my masters program, please can someone guide me on Univeristy of Saskatchewan to study Agric Economics as my masters , what are my chances? And is there any other school I can consider.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:47am On Dec 24, 2020
It’s good that the money be transferred to you from your sponsor’s account. The point I’m trying to make is that, make sure your sponsor has money left after paying your tuition and sending you the living expenses. They expect him to have enough left to care for him and his dependents. So the money you need should not be the exact your sponsor has, your sponsor should have more than you need. I hope you understand me.

Best wishes
RxOtunba:
Yes boss! A friend advised that the living expenses should be transferred to my own account. Or should I leave all in dad's account and submit a balance of like 16m?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:51am On Dec 24, 2020
Congratulations. Is it a course-based or thesis-based master’s? What was the GPA of your last 2 years of study? Please could you share more information on what you did differently in your application? It would help those with 2.2 interested in master’s application.

Cheers
Oduffa:
I have a 2:2 and I got my masters admission to University of Toronto. You can get in if you have a strong application. You need a good statement of purpose and work experience in the field you want to do the Masters in.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:52am On Dec 24, 2020
Yes, if you meet all the requirements
Semisolasola:
Do they really grant study permit a second time!?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by starkyniichan(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2020
hope4brym:
Hint: you don't need to take up bag space with things like indomie or milo, you can easily get those at your local grocery store. Nigerian food stuffs are more expensive here so pack more of that.

Well yeah, but 14days quarantine wasn't able to come out then, I needed something fast to prepare ... And tbh just packed 14days worth and it's finished already so yeah it served it's purpose.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deepwater(f): 6:23am On Dec 24, 2020
Joto97:
Hello everyone
I’ve being trying to applying for a masters program in the university of Calgary
Succeeded in opening a portal but now they’re asking for my UCID number which I don’t have and literally don’t know anything about.
Checked out their FAQ and QNA section but there was nothing helpful to me there.
Sent them a mail asking a more enlightenment on how to go about the purchase of it but still no response and time is going..
Pls I need help on this.

@Impeccablerose please help out here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 6:34am On Dec 24, 2020
Thanks boss! I explained to my dad already that there's no need to add his company's bank statement, just as you advised. So now, d plan is to go with only his personal acct of 15m balance after living expenses has been transferred to my own account. Is it okay to apply within 1 week that the living expenses gets into my account? Please can you help review my SOP or refer me to someone. Thanks.
Chocs:
It’s good that the money be transferred to you from your sponsor’s account. The point I’m trying to make is that, make sure your sponsor has money left after paying your tuition and sending you the living expenses. They expect him to have enough left to care for him and his dependents. So the money you need should not be the exact your sponsor has, your sponsor should have more than you need. I hope you understand me.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:51am On Dec 24, 2020
NairaLuck:

Yes coming to Kitchener in a few days.
Thank you.
Can I DM so continue, that's if it's still available

Bro! Please can I dm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by impeccablerose: 7:30am On Dec 24, 2020
iampaulsmith:
The UCID is a unique number given to each applicant the moment you registered. It will be on the home page of your student portal. Feel free to send me a mail if you still have any question.

@Joto97, you question was addressed by iampaulsmith here.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 7:57am On Dec 24, 2020
gracevien:
Top of the day gurus in the house,
Pls I need ur expert advice on this....

So due to financial constraint I intend applying for a 1 year postgraduate program. Within the one year in Canada I should be able to raise money for a 2nd postgraduate program.
Now my question is what and what will be required from me when applying for another student visa for the 2nd program...

I don’t think you can apply for another study permit. I think what you will do is to apply for a study permit extension by submitting your new admission letter and other required documents. You also need to do this in time so that you are not out of status.

Kindly confirm further but this is what I think is obtainable as per your question.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NairaLuck: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2020
adeniyi3971:

Bro! Please can I dm you?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chukwubuikexo: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2020
The mybankstatement should contain your Ticket ID and passcode. The bank can either provide it online or you would have to visit the bank. The mybankstatement and the normal bank statement contain the same thing but their mode of delivery is different.
The NSE requires the mybankstatement with ticket ID and passcode
skull4eva:

Thank you sir for your response. But i have a quick question will obtaining my bank statement online from my bank app and uploading it in the space provided suffice or i shud get bank certificate with ticket number? How can i get that ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Phatkayconcept: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2020
Hi guys!

Please those who travelled recently, Lagos to Canada with Ethiopian airline, abeg do I need COVID-19 test?

I heard that some people were not allowed to board because of COVID-19 test, people who recently travelled please comment on this please, my travel is few days from now.

Abeg, abeg!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yeankux: 8:37am On Dec 24, 2020
Ckechi:

I submitted on the 11th of December and I got my NSE today...so I guess it differs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 8:42am On Dec 24, 2020
silvamania:

Hello

I doubt that. They specifically requested for IELTS. It's either you get that or wait till the period lapse and they continue with your applications

All the best

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 8:43am On Dec 24, 2020
Ckechi:

I don't think so...in my letter they specifically said IELTS

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2020
deommanuel:

They specifically asked for IELTS, so I'm not sure anything else will be accepted.

I heard if you write the computer based IELTS , you can get your results in a week or thereabout.

Goodluck!!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yeankux: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2020
Ckechi:

yea i guess, but did you submit all the Requirement For NSE while applying too, like your IELTS . i just want to know if they will still send it since i have not receive anything yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55