Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,868 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857481 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
mcobex:
An employer that can't show his SOA but promises to pay tuition fee for second year won't fly at all. I will advise they pay first year tuition (since the applicant will sign a bond that he will work for them for 5 years after graduation).

Correct one Sir!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by UBCcookies: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
evergold, BiggestAmajo & choc(f) thanks so much for your responses they were all really helpful.

Can I carry dried fish and yam lol I like yam alot
Also palm oil please?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
deommanuel:

100k x 12 = 1.2M (approx 3800CAD)

When I converted the 15M it was around 48k CAD (could be less or more cause of exchange).
The POF is okay, considering flight and some extra costs will be covered too.

If you sign the agreement with your employer, it's a really beautiful home tie. But I think his refusal to show his bank statement will be a problem. The VO needs to know he can actually pay for the second year's tuition.

I'm sure the gurus in the house can shed more light.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES

If someone is working at one of the Local Government in a state and the Local government service commission is ready to sponsor the person financially by giving the letter explaining that.

Is the letter of financial backup from the local government service commission is sufficient for proof of fund as the employee is a unified staff and meanwhile the government can't give out statement of account to the workers?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by evergold(m): 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
I am finally in Ikeja ready for tomorrow's trip on Ethiopian Airlines

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by evergold(m): 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
UBCcookies:
evergold, BiggestAmajo & choc(f) thanks so much for your responses they were all really helpful.

Can I carry dried fish and yam lol I like yam alot

I carried dried fish and wrapped it in that big carton color cellotape. Yam will be too heavy for your bags
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by evergold(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
mcobex:
Try to add 1kg to the 22kg bag. Also check the airline site to see how much to have to pay for extra luggage (just to be sure how much you will pay)

Extra weight is 60 USD. Extra luggage is 85000 naira. Since I don't have extra luggage, I will be paying only 60 USD.

The bag on top is my carry-on/hand luggage. I don't know if that is weighed though, because it is more than 7kg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
evergold:

Extra weight is 60 USD. Extra luggage is 85000 naira. Since I don't have extra luggage, I will be paying only 60 USD.

The bag on top is my carry-on/hand luggage. I don't know if that is weighed though, because it is more than 7kg.
They don't really weigh the carry-on luggage, but make sure no foodstuff is inside.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
October babies,
Has anyone got BVL and PPR who applied after 6th?
IRCC should give Christmas and New year present with PPR.
I'm restless grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
evergold:

Thanks for the long message. These are my luggages. The biggest one is 31kg. I know I am going to pay about 60 USD for that.

All set Boss!!!

I wish you a safe flight!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by evergold(m): 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
deommanuel:

All set Boss!!!

I wish you a safe flight!

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2020
MadeMan01:
October babies,
I'm restless grin
Lolz you never can tell it can still drop overnight its not too late.God of 11th hour is at work ooo.December never finish we still have one more week ooo.As it is now IRCC don switch to holiday mood ooo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
MadeMan01:
October babies,
I'm restless grin

Nothing ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goodbetterbest: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
MadeMan01:
October babies,
I'm restless grin

September applicant here...still waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
Salientjoe:

Okay, Thank you

Did you pay in CAD or USD?
I didn't use Form A but I know people who did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
evergold:

Thanks boss
I wish you safe journey.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
Philadelphia:
Happy holidays everyone!

Please help answer my inquiry.

My program costs $44,500 CAD for 2 years (MSc.) and I’m self sponsoring.

While showing proof of funds, can I submit my bank statement with a balance of tuition fees for 1 year ($24,000) and living expenses for 1 year ($10,000) or must I have the balance of living expenses for 2 years ($20,000) plus total tuition for 2 years ($45,000)?

Unless you have a means of earning income in Nigeria while you're away for your studies, if not, the later is your best bet.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by teminhi: 8:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Seniors,

I'm having a booking challenge with aircanada from Toronto to my destination. After booking successfully, I got a mail from them that I have to present the card I used for the booking with a valid ID before I'll be allowed to board. My sponsor did the booking and there's no way I can go with her card. Has anyone experienced this before? How do I go about this? Card has been debited already. I'll really appreciate your quick response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
Philadelphia:

At the bolded, the company has agreed to pay the tuition for the second year. I spoke with the director and requested for the company’s account statement but he refused. He however said he can only issue me a letter to buttress that they’re going to pay my tuition for the second year.
This letter he said he will address to the embassy after I sign a bond an have it notarized that I’d work for the company for a minimum of 5 years after my studies when I return in order for them to recoup the investment.

I tire for the matter

Be careful of bonds that compel you to come back after your studies. Most permanent resident routes doesn't support such, if you have any kind of sponsorship or scholarship that requires you to return to your home country, you're automatically not eligible. This is based on information I'm not certain of, please confirm this before you tie yourself to a tree.

Goodluck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
look for noel abingwa on youtube... he addressed this.. he went 6 months before start date... according to him, he was almost asked to return... check his videos plz
lentomac:

@Chocs
@Frankrobbn1
@mcobex

I go appreciate una response to this my question

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
MadeMan01:
October babies,
I'm restless grin

Applied since August and I'm still waiting. I started online this September, and just concluded the Fall semester last week. I really want to be there at the beginning of the winter semester.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
evergold:

Thanks for the long message. These are my luggages. The biggest one is 31kg. I know I am going to pay about 60 USD for that.

God ooo... I also want to pack my bags like this for Canada ooo...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sisikemi23: 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
deommanuel:

No, you shouldn't be worried.
If I'm correct, the letter was about NSE and informed you about faster visa processing times(20 days as opposed to the usual 2months+).

So the bank statement should be generated via mybankstatement service. You should reach out to your bank as regards this. This statement should have a balance of at least 30k Canadian Balance.

Concerning IELTS, you need to score an average of 6.0. I'll advise you register for the Computer based version of IELTS so you can receive your results earlier.

I'm sure you also saw the part where they mentioned that your application will be processed the normal way if you do not submit the two documents after 1 month I think. If you feel you won't be able to send those documents, you can ignore the letter and your application will be processed the usual way.

May I ask when you did your biometrics?

I wish you luck in your application.

Cheers smiley
Thanks for the info!!!
I did my biometrics on Monday and got the request letter the same day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
Goodbetterbest:

September applicant here...still waiting

We are here o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gbengaadet: 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
Please between UPS and DHL which is better in terms of service to send passport to VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hello teminhi,

You should give them a call. Load enough airtime because you might have to wait for long before you get connected.

Air Canada Reservations

Tel 1-514-393-3333 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (long distance charges may apply)

All the best

teminhi:
Seniors,

I'm having a booking challenge with aircanada from Toronto to my destination. After booking successfully, I got a mail from them that I have to present the card I used for the booking with a valid ID before I'll be allowed to board. My sponsor did the booking and there's no way I can go with her card. Has anyone experienced this before? How do I go about this? Card has been debited already. I'll really appreciate your quick response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hi,

I would suggest you cancel the booking and ask your sponsor to transfer funds into your account. Otherwise tell your sponsor to book through a local agent if they won't be able to transfer funds to you. Once you get the funds, pay for the ticket by yourself. Unfortunately, the low monthly limit on card amount payment would be a problem here. So think about alternatives.

However, if all these are not possible, you may get your sponsor's contact details, colour photo ID printed along with image of the bank card. This is a long shot and last resort but know that it could backfire too. If your sponsor has the same last name as you the fight and risk may be worth it but not guaranteed.

This is not the first time am hearing about this or experiencing something related and it boils down to the reputation our dear countrymen have built that now rubs off on every compatriots. I bought ticket using a prepaid $ card for my friend's family a couple of years back on their way to join him in NZ. I had to hand over the card to the wife to take along because we bought the ticket online directly through an international travel agency. Unsurprisingly, the card was requested right from MMA before they could board. Imagine if we didn't think about it and plan appropriately.

Also, I couldn't pay for my quarantine housing from Nigeria but had to get my brother do it from the US because payments from and to Nigeria were not permitted in www.transferwise.com however, I informed them in advance and they approved it because we have same last names.

So it is not impossible even as it is but you need to make efforts to guarantee there won't a problem because of the card midway.

teminhi:
Seniors,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Somebody5589: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
Good evening guys
I applied to University of Saskatchewan for a M.Ed in Curriculum studies Thesis

So I'm hoping I wouldn't have any issues especially in the documents upload
For one I was asked to upload my degree certificate, which I don't have that yet, Corona and all, so I uploaded a copy of the to whom it may concern issued to us by the school.. so I'm hoping that would suffice?

And when it came to the issue of transcripts, I uploaded the students transcript, mainly because when I tried requesting for it from my school's record's portal I had issues with putting in an address, so I don't know if the student transcript would hold out for now, and a later time the original would be requested, this is because I haven't been able to detach the uploaded documents, no matter how I try..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
hi every one. happy holidays.

concerning the study leave doc from our employer, is this usually verified by IRCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hi,

I can't speak to admissions process for University of Saskatchewan specifically but student copy transcripts are typically acceptable for admission applications. If your application is otherwise qualify, you will get a conditional admission offer and then required to submit the official or missing documents before you get the final LOA. I don't know whether the "To Whom It May Concern" would suffice in place of a degree certificate but if it does include a statement to the effect that your certificate is being processed then it could fly. However, in future whenever you are in doubt ask questions. I would have suggested you sent an email to the admissions unit and ask these specific questions and they would be in the best position to advise. Regardless, you have shot your shot and so just wait, hope and pray.

It shall end in praises.

Somebody5589:
Good evening guys
I applied to University of Saskatchewan for a M.Ed in Curriculum studies Thesis

So I'm hoping I wouldn't have any issues especially in the documents upload
For one I was asked to upload my degree certificate, which I don't have that yet, Corona and all, so I uploaded a copy of the to whom it may be concerned issued to us by the school.. so I'm hoping that would suffice?

And when it came to the issue of transcripts, I uploaded the students transcript, mainly because when I tried requesting for it from my school's record's portal I had issues with putting in an address, so I don't know if the student transcript would hold out for now, and a later time the original would be requested, this is because I haven't been able to detach the uploaded documents, no matter how I try..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2020
Insanity:

Be careful of bonds that compel you to come back after your studies. Most permanent resident routes doesn't support such, if you have any kind of sponsorship or scholarship that requires you to return to your home country, you're automatically not eligible. This is based on information I'm not certain of, please confirm this before you tie yourself to a tree.

Goodluck.

Thanks for shedding light on this boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2020
Always assume that Canada will verify all documents that you submit no matter how insignificant. If you do this and act accordingly you will have a rest of mind. It is not a good feeling to have sleepless nights unsure whether your document would be verified or not because something was wrong with one or two of them. Don't risk a 5 year BAN!

JosephYemsol:
hi every one. happy holidays.

concerning the study leave doc from our employer, is this usually verified by IRCC?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
Akannitommy:
Always assume that Canada will verify all documents that you submit no matter how insignificant. If you do this and act accordingly you will have a rest of mind. It is not a good feeling to have sleepless nights unsure whether your document would be verified or not because something was wrong with one or two of them. Don't risk a 5 year BAN!

yeahyeah.... noted..... thanks tho...

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: Unbreakable1(m) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55