Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862380 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 8:35am On Dec 25, 2020
femredhead:
Can someone clarify this.

A letter won't cut it, let them transfer the money to your account and write a letter of support stating why they are sponsoring you before you apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 8:48am On Dec 25, 2020
Good morning and happy holidays to the wonderful family here.

I just want to use this space here to appreciate every member and contributor here. Unlike the USA student visa thread where people display arrogance most times and refuse answering questions but are always in the habit of referring the one asking the question to read the entire threat from the beginning, this thread is totally different in that I see people here providing answers the best way they can in order to help others with their inquiries. This is really good and I only just booked this space to commend everyone here.

IT WILL ALL END IN PRAISE FOR EVERYONE OF US HERE.

Happy Holidays!

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by evergold(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2020
Is there anyway to download University West Canada enrolment letter online. A guy is in trouble here. They are not allowing him to board because of it in Ethiopian Airlines

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2020
evergold:
Is there anyway to download University West Canada enrolment letter online. A guy is in trouble here. They are not allowing him to board because of it in Ethiopian Airlines
someone should please answer this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 9:44am On Dec 25, 2020
evergold:
I don't know, but I think the school should have sent it to him before now or uploaded it to his student account.
Hope it has been sorted out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please for does going to Memorial, please how can I apply for my enrollment letter. I emailed them and they said I should fill a form online and I no see any form online o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by henryvic: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2020
He or she should go to myucw student portal and navigate to enrolment and download it or check the student email

uote author=mcobex post=97409593] I don't know, but I think the school should have sent it to him before now or uploaded it to his student account.
Hope it has been sorted out?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 10:34am On Dec 25, 2020
3.59 in british colombia. studied computer science. going for msc computer science. chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 11:16am On Dec 25, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Please what do i select in the current status in canada part?
Thank you
No Status in CANADA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by evergold(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2020
Checked in, now in the lounge I book with wakanow sipping vodka

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas to everyone of us.

May this season bring us so much Joy.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2020
evergold:

I love your steady updates boss grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2020
Rootiab:
Good morning everyone. Please for does going to Memorial, please how can I apply for my enrollment letter. I emailed them and they said I should fill a form online and I no see any form online o

Login to your memorial self service via my.mun.ca, you will see the enrollment letter request under the registration menu.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Phatkayconcept: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Phatkayconcept

I did not need a covid-19 test. They just needed the receipt from arriveCAN app.

You can mail the airline, tell them your route (departure, transit and destination country) and ask them if you require a test. Find an email sample and their email addresses below.

Good afternoon dear Sir/Madam,

Please I would like to ask if I require a covid-19 test. I could not find this information anywhere.
I will be traveling with Ethiopian airline from Lagos, Nigeria to ABC, Canada through this route:

Abuja ——> Addis Ababa —-> Dublin —-> Toronto ——-> final destination.

abvres@ethiopianairlines.com

abvcto@ethiopianairlines.com

Abvonlinedesk@Ethiopianairlines.com

Tilahuntd@ethiopianairlines.com

Thank you.
Regards

Your name

All the best and have a safe flight.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2020
Rootiab:
Have u got your study permit already??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2020
evergold:
Hope the other person was able to sort the enrollment letter thing?
Journey mercy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
mcobex:
A letter won't cut it, let them transfer the money to your account and write a letter of support stating why they are sponsoring you before you apply.

Okay.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2020
In theory, that's true.

Insanity:

Be careful of bonds that compel you to come back after your studies. Most permanent resident routes doesn't support such, if you have any kind of sponsorship or scholarship that requires you to return to your home country, you're automatically not eligible. This is based on information I'm not certain of, please confirm this before you tie yourself to a tree.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS

Last last Mary Run am 2 seconds!

Try chop rice and chicken! Leave Canada first , 2021 we continue

Try enjoy your life cos PROBLEM NO DEY FINISH O!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hello harley4

You should consider express entry to get a permanent residence if you have 3 years of work experience.
harley4:
Hello everyone, please I need your assistance.
Age 29
Qualification:
M.Sc. Chemistry (Biochemistry)
B.Sc. Biochemistry
Married with 2 kids
I’ve intension to further my career in Canada. Please can someone advise me on the cheapest university which I can apply for Ph.D., preferably in Ontario and other general ideas on how to start the process. I will really appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hello afolabiao,

Your mum can write a letter stating she would take over your child and sign it. You can go an extra step by notarizing it. You can also attach mushy(cute) pictures of your mum and son to your application

A few more comments on your application:

How old are you? If you’re mature the visa officer would expect you to have something going for yourself. Job and maybe properties. The employment situation of your parents and spouse can also factor into the decision, if their situation isn’t good, the visa officer will assume you won’t return back home (even if they know you won’t return, they still want you to prove you will return after your studies)

Also if you’re mature, it would do good to attach your bank statement to the application too. They might wonder why you have your family and your parents still have to pay for everything.

If your aim is to get permanent residence(PR), please make sure this 8 months course will work for you. Do you have at least 3 years of work experience already? Because an 8 months course will give you less than 1 year of post graduation work permit and that’s not enough time to gather points for the PR application. You can play with the CRS score tool (you can google it) and see if this 8 months would be enough to get you points for PR application.

Best wishes

afolabiao:
Hello everyone,
I am in the process of applying for an 8 month post graduate certificate with a proposed start date of September 2021.
I am married and have a 1 year old son. My sponsor is my dad he is retired but receiving pension. He is paying the tuition for the entire program duration and he will transfer the cost of living expenses to my bank account prior to submitting my visa application. He will also submit his bank statements and landed properties.
My mum has agreed to take temporary custody and care of my 1 year old son while I travel to Canada for the 8 months program. My husband lives in the same town with my mum and he is currently unemployed but intensively looking for a job.

What documents can I submit regarding my mum taking temporary custody and care of my son during my absence?
What other advice can you give regarding my situation?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Have u got your study permit already??
nope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2020
Rootiab:
yes but wont be allowed to enter inside
Lol me and my family entered with my sister when she was going in Augustsmiley we bribed the immigration officer and we were let in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thiwhy(f): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2020
Bettybarbie9:
Good day people . Please I’m new here . I have a question . I want to migrate to canada via study route . But my major issue is my CGPA i had 2.70 on a 5 point scalein human physiology (2:2) My questions are
1) can I get masters directly (even if it is in unpopular university)
2( how much should I budget for this ?
3) which school should I apply to ?

Thanks in advance

1) you can’t get a masters directly with your cgpa but you can go for a post graduate diploma. Another option is applying to US schools, with your cgpa you can go for masters directly if you can back it up with Gre, there are lot of schools in USA.. you can check USA visa thread and go through it or you apply for Pgd in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Duch52(f): 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the process, is there a WhatsApp group I could join where I can be put through on what to do and how to go about it, I’d really appreciate.

Thank You
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hello Duch52

There’s no WhatsApp group. You can go back to previous info from here. At the bottom of the page you’ll see numbers, click on 1 (one) and it will take you to the beginning. There are also old threads, this one is 18 but there are others before it (you can use the search button to find them) For example type Canada student visa thread 17, and that one will come up. You can then go to page 1 and start reading.

If you have any questions during or after reading, you can post it and people will answer.

Welcome, best wishes and Merry Christmas
Duch52:
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the process, is there a WhatsApp group I could join where I can be put through on what to do and how to go about it, I’d really appreciate.

Thank You

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by GreatMage: 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
Halo all;

So how's Canada and application going? grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayobami2001: 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
House...there is an update. A negative test is now required if you flying with KLM. Open the link below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflying.com/the-netherlands-now-requires-a-negative-covid-test-even-for-transit-passengers/amp/

With new strains of corona virus popping up in different countries (including Nigeria), please don’t assume, check with your airlines again to confirm that you can fly without a negative test so you will be allowed to board. This is an important update

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/12/24/new-coronavirus-strain-appears-to-emerge-in-nigeria-africa-cdc

ero007:

Thank you very much, you saved me some money.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sirromey(m): 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas guys. Please is anyone travelling via Lufthansa on 30th?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 6:49am On Dec 26, 2020
Please how long does it take for Conestoga College to give or deny admission?

It's been a week since I submitted my application.

Also, how much is their initial deposit for PGC in HRM ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2020
feclela:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 9:16am On Dec 26, 2020
Hello feclela,

It takes 4-5 weeks. Christmas and new year holiday might make it slower.

Deposit: 1,250 cad

Best wishes
feclela:

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.