Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857627 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2020
feclela:
Please how long does it take for Conestoga College to give or deny admission?

It's been a week since I submitted my application.

Also, how much is their initial deposit for PGC in HRM ?

You applied it’s been only a week ?
Please add patience to your tea and sip. Well, the time frame is often 3-4 weeks for colleges.
Just exercise some patience. We are in a festive season & the pandemic too is breathing well
but I think Early February, you should have gotten a response.

You don’t need to be scared of admission denial. It’s not the IRCC. As long as you checked you were up to the admission éligibilités, then pend for nothing but your admission letter.

As of now, relax and go chill.
Happy New year

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2020
feclela:
Please how long does it take for Conestoga College to give or deny admission?

It's been a week since I submitted my application.

Also, how much is their initial deposit for PGC in HRM ?

Hi.. It takes min of 3 weeks...
I applied nov 22, got my offer dec 11...

Min deposit is usually d same for all dept..1500cad within 30days...

I'd advise that you don't pay at the last minute. Give enough time for payment processing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2020
Chocs:
Hello feclela,

It takes 4-5 weeks. Christmas and new year holiday might make it slower.

Deposit: 1,250 cad

Best wishes

It's now 1500 for programs after may intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Amarachibaby(f): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2020
Please some one should help me with the link to the theard for TOEFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2020
Thank you all for answering my questions.

Cambrian College gave me admission two days after submitting my application (they don spoil me) lol.

Anyway thanks everyone

JosephYemsol:

Hi.. It takes min of 3 weeks...
I applied nov 22, got my offer dec 11...

Min deposit is usually d same for all dept..1500cad within 30days...

I'd advise that you don't pay at the last minute. Give enough time for payment processing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyCaty(f): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2020
JosephYemsol:

It's now 1500 for programs after may intake
To understand clearly,Do you mean is 1500CAD that can be paid to secure your seat in Conestoga..Or it depends on your department.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2020
LadyCaty:

To understand clearly,Do you mean is 1500CAD that can be paid to secure your seat in Conestoga..Or it depends on your department.

Hi chief... Deposit fee is 1500cad within 30 days..

Then balance of your tuition for first semester, deadline is 3 months before start of semester...

My tuition for 1 year is app 18kcad.
M to pay 1500cad before Jan 10 which I have paid aiidy..
Also, am to pay 9k+ before June 15...
Program to start sept 7 2o21...

This is applicable to all dept..

Hope u understand now...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 11:59am On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:

Type "toefl Nairaland on Google"..youll get more than u need...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyCaty(f): 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2020
JosephYemsol:

Hi chief... Deposit fee is 1500cad within 30 days..

Then balance of your tuition for first semester, deadline is 3 months before start of semester...

My tuition for 1 year is app 18kcad.
M to pay 1500cad before Jan 10 which I have paid aiidy..
Also, am to pay 9k+ before June 15...
Program to start sept 7 2o21...

This is applicable to all dept..

Hope u understand now...

Yes I understand now..Thank you
But is yours conestoga too?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
LadyCaty:

Yes I understand now..Thank you
But is yours conestoga too?

Yes sir...
Construction management
Pgc fall 2021...2 yrs prog
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Amarachibaby(f): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
JosephYemsol:

Type "toefl Nairaland on Google"..youll get more than u need...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2020
Please is there anyone that can help. A cheap university that is likely to accept a graduate with 3.59cgpa. Or slightly expensive. Please i beg. I don search tire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dayjeee(m): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
Merry Christmas my good people
I have admissions in cape breton university and Georgian college. Considering the deadline of tuition deposit of Georgian, 2500 CAD in jan 21, i may not be able to meet up. Even if i try to meet up, I may not have enough time to get the rest of the tuition fee and POF together before deadline.
Also heard it's hard getting PR in ON.
Cape breton would have been my best shot as it gives me options of starting in sept 2021, Jan 2022 or April 2022. Also, heard it is easy getting PR in the Atlantic province.
But I dont really see people going to that school from here. Hope its a good school and i won't have issue with VO if i apply for Study permit.
Lastly, i am also looking for Master programs that can give me funding, i found a school, i sent an email to potential supervisor like 2 weeks now, no response. Though it is not part of the department admission requirements to get a potential supervisor before applying. Do you think it is still wise to apply to?
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:

Don’t you think that IELTS will be better?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Please is there anyone that can help. A cheap university that is likely to accept a graduate with 3.59cgpa. Or slightly expensive. Please i beg. I don search tire
Try university of Winnipeg and university of Manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Whispering: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,

Merry Christmas to us all.

Abeg I wan ask, has no one travelled yet with their family who doesn't have student visa?

Please share your experience � or what and how you prepared for travel.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Amarachibaby(f): 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
Philadelphia:
Don’t you think that IELTS will be better?
Both are the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hi, I have applied for Canadian visa, got the NSE letter and I have uploaded the required documents and my eligibility review has started. I did my medicals on the 11th of December and it is yet to be updated. I just saw that I had to email multiple offices and I just did so.
I was just wondering if my passport will still need to be stamped when my visa gets approved as I have a subsisting visitors visa that is valid till my passport expires.
I wonder if anyone had had an experience on this case and can she’s more light on this area
Gods grace!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
Both are the same
If it's NSE you are using it for TOEFL is not accepted only IELTS is accepted as stated in the letter except someone has successfully used TOEFL which am not aware.
All the best!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
Both are the same
says who??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
Both are the same

I think the IRCC requests specifically for IELTS even for NSE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
Amarachibaby:
Both are the same
Baba, no talk wetin u no sabi oooo.... Same ko!!!

If you processing Canada, u need IELTS in every way..not toefl.... Emphasis on the country u processing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jason2moh: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
Try Booking.com. I found a place where I was able to quarantine from there.
Ayobami2001:
All my reservations via airbnb are being declined by the hosts cos they don’t want a international traveler that will quarantine in their shared living space. undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LynWinner: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2020
Good day, please I plan on applying for a student visa through the NSE.

I studied Applied Biochemistry at BSC level( 3rd class) over 10years now. Please I need help with schools in different provinces in Canada that accept 3rd class for graduate diploma programs.

I learnt that the program I wanted to apply to initially is unrelated and may lead to visa refusal. So I am starting my search all over. Please,I need suggestions on suitable and related courses I can apply for.

I really wish to commence all process by January. Will write IELTS by second quarter of next year in preparation for 2022 application that usually commences in May.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
LynWinner:
Good day, please I plan on applying for a student visa through the NSE.

I studied Applied Biochemistry at BSC level( 3rd class) over 10years now. Please I need help with schools in different provinces in Canada that accept 3rd class for graduate diploma programs.

I learnt that the program I wanted to apply to initially is unrelated and may lead to visa refusal. So I am starting my search all over. Please,I need suggestions on suitable and related courses I can apply for.

I really wish to commence all process by January. Will write IELTS by second quarter of next year in preparation for 2022 application that usually commences in May.

Thanks for your response.
From what the Gurus & forum members have said in this forum

"It's either you go for Program Related to your Degree or Work Experience (Your Job)"

Since it's 10 years you have been away from academics, a PG Program related to your work experience is wat you should go for, and if your work experience (job) is related to your degree, that's good for you.

What's the name of your JOB?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
Chimzy4real:

Cheap is relative, what is your budget for total tuition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2020
Jason2moh:
Try Booking.com. I found a place where I was able to quarantine from there.

Please, which province did you find where to quarantine on booking.com? How much was it? Ive been searching for accommodation for long on Airbnb?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
Philadelphia:

Please explain the words in bold.

For instance, for Ontario's Masters stream of their Provincial Nomination, if you schooled with a scholarship or sponsorship that request for your return to your home country after your program, you're ineligible to apply for that Provincial Nomination. I don't have a lot of information on this, I just thought you should know so you can now research and confirm it yourself before signing any bond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jason2moh: 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
I'm studying in Toronto. I found a place where I paid 700 CAD for 16 nights. I had a private bathroom but a shared kitchen.
You'd have to wear a mask to use any shared spaces, like the kitchen or garden area, or when picking up food order.
In the same accommodation, you can also book a room with shared bathroom, which is allowed. But going to and from your room, you'd have to mask up.

Insanity:

Please, which province did you find where to quarantine on booking.com? How much was it? Ive been searching for accommodation for long on Airbnb?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
My people . How una dey?.

I done dey alright now.

Thank God refusal no carry us enter depression.

Make we continue this Canada journey now. cheesy grin

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
Legacyedition:

I done dey alright now.

This is the spirit of success.... You keep trying until you win

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
Legacyedition:

I done dey alright now.

We Move!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)