Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864197 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oluwayemisi0507: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
No scholarship.. yes; my parents

atiteb4:
congratulations. Did u receive any form of Scholarship? Was your sponsor related to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Silas12345: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
deommanuel:

Hello Silas

If you cannot write the IELTS test, You can decide to ignore the message and your application will be processed the normal route.

Goodluck
Thank you I hope is not going to affect my chance because I have been rejected twice (australia and uk) last year and I have even paid 30% of this Canadian school that offered me admission Lethbridge University...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
Thanks Justmellow,

My mum will be staying with the kids with the support of my husband

Is the Affidafit still necessary?

Thank you

JustMellow:

Hello Dolex86,

The best approach is to get your friends to send the funds to either of your parent. Thereby, the funds will be transferred to you from the account with the narrative – Study Support Funds for my Daughter in Canada. A Deed Gift can be easily drafted out as evidence to tackle the lump sum.

On the other note, you mum can depose a Sworn Affidavit of Custody Declaration from a Notary Public or High Court. In the affidavit, the financial budget for the children's upkeep, and other financial commitment for their wellbeing should be stated therein.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
slyfran6:

Does my CRS score matter?
I took the mock test and my score came out 431.
Is that a good or poor score?
I am yet to formally start the express entry application though.
Also, how much would I require to show as proof of funds if things worked out? Would I need to have it stacked up?
I don't have a master's degree and I'm not very inclined to further education.
I have the best global certifications relevant to my career and which are relevant in Canada.
I have close to 3 years working experience in information security. How is PNP done?
Will PNP increase my express entry chances?

Hello Slyfran6,

As it stands, the current CRS score as at December 23rd, 2020 draw is 468 which might slightly increase due to the no all-program draw since then.

431 is low for FWSP under EE but not for PNP. It may be better to work on improving your score by:

• Taking a short certificate exam to claim 2 or more certificate or get a Master qualification

• Learn French and take the TEF/TCF exact

• Retake IELTS and Max out

• If married, get your Spouse to evaluate the necessary academic qualification and max out IELTS

• Get a job offer in NOC 0, A, or B to claim 50 points

• Get a job offer in NOC 00 to claim up to 200 points

• Securing NOI from any province via their PNP programs attracts additional of 600 points. You can to make some research to get specific guide.

As for the POF:

You will need 12,960 for one person; 13,165 for two persons; and 19, 836 for three persons. The list goes on and it can be easily accessed from IRCC website. Avoid money lodgement and if this happens to be the case, the funds should come from a close family member accompanied with a Gift of Deed.

N.B: If married, whether or not your spouse or dependent children are accompanying, you have to show POF of funds for the number of persons in the (nuclear) family.

For more updates and guides on Study and EE: follow on Twitter @GCMSWriters and IG @gcmswriters

Best of Luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2021
Dolex86:
Thanks Justmellow,

My mum will be staying with the kids with the support of my husband

Is the Affidafit still necessary?

Thank you

Hello Dolex86,

There is no harm including it, but since your husband is in the picture, there might be no need. Your spouse can simply write a letter acknowledging his consent for your study and reference your mother's responsibility to the kids in it.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2021
Big Congratulations to everyone that has gotten a positive response and to those still waiting, don't relent yet. Intensify more on whatever is it that has been done or believed in to keep the hope alive.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2021
Oluwayemisi0507:
PPR received.
God is the absolute greatest.

Second time applicant.

First Application:
Submitted last week in Jan 2019
Refusal 2nd week in Feb 2019

Second Application:
▪︎Applied Nov 26th 2020
▪︎NSE request Dec 17th
▪︎Upfront Medicals Jan 11th
▪︎NSE submission Jan 14th
▪︎Eligibility review started Jan 15th
▪︎Medical passed Jan 16th
▪︎AIP received Feb 10th
▪︎BVL and PPR Feb 17th

Meanwhile, for those that have been feeling like their eligibility hasn't been reviewed or that IRCC hasn't started working on their application yet, please see attached. My eligibility and additional document is still being reviewed and I have gotten PPR.

Also, I changed my course from M.Sc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management to Public Administration and I was so scared I didnt tackle enough.
I didnt submit my own statement too. Only my sponsor.

I joined Nairaland in Dec 2020 after applying in November.
So many "had it been i had joined nairaland earlier" but im thankful.

IT HAS FINALLY ENDED IN PRAISES

@frank @silvamania @Olasubomy @Lekkiboboe and other gurus in the house. God will suprise you all. Amen.

Oya oooo.. what next ooo. I dey go submit my passport like this.

Sweet!
Sweetest news!!
God be praised. Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
Bjayjay1100:

Do I qualify for NSE if the current balance in my account wasn’t up to 30,000 2-4months ago, but was more than 30k CAD 6months ago, and currently more than 30k within the past one month?

Hello Bjayjay1100,

In summary, have up to the required NGN 9m and avoid unexplained lump sum. Ensure your study cost for the first year don't outweigh the sitting balance in the account.

Ultimately, you should be fine, go ahead with your application.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 1oak: 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello all, please if a persons SP was refused, do they have to do another Medicals after they submitted and passed the previous Medicals. Refusal was November 2020, and they want to reapply this month, February 2021. ?? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Metari1: 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Metari1,

Big Congratulations.

Best of Luck

Hello justmellow!

Thank you for all the information and time you spend on this platform, appreciate o!
God bless you!

I have a concern I will like your insight on, should I go ahead and ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
1oak:
Hello all, please if a persons SP was refused, do they have to do another Medicals after they submitted and passed the previous Medicals. Refusal was November 2020, and they want to reapply this month, February 2021. ?? Thank you.
Medical result is for one year so it should still suffice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2021
Silas12345:
Please what can I do, I don't write Ielts exam

Hello Silas12345,

You can choose to ignore or request for the MBS or the regular BS coupled with an LOE and then upload in the provided column.

The letter should advise the VO why you can't meet the NSE requirements and politely request your application processing should continue in the Regular stream.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
ramobiojo:

Mine is past two months now, NSE route. They received the doc on 14th Jan, eligibility reviewstarted on the same day.

Although I received submission confirmation on Feb 5 after upfront medicals was updated to passed on Feb 3.

I am extending my patience to 3 months.. Lol...

okay. let me cross my fingers. Me i submitted all NSE requirements alongside my application and eligibility review has not started.

Modified: Eligibility review has started.

God help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ketima:

Again, I have the bulk of the money to sponsor myself, but will still have a sponsor who wants to support me (my in-law). I work for her in her company. Hope in-laws can be a sponsor?

Hello Ketima,

You can go ahead with the in-law sponsorship if that is the only option currently available. In the light of this, ensure you are able to provide justifiable proof of relationship and demonstrate that the said person is economically well-established.

On your part; you also have to demonstrate you are gainfully earning (if a mature applicant), home ties especially socioeconomic, future plans for the study, and parents economic level of establishment even if they ain't playing no role.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello guys

I asked this question before but I just want to clarify.
My brother and I are applying for study permit together. He is doing a one year masters program at Queen's University while is I am doing a 4 year undergraduate program at University of Lethbridge.

My parents are sponsoring the both of us. For his proof of funds, we want to use only my dad as his sponsor. For my own proof of funds, we will use majorly my mum as sponsor but also add my dad's pension account certificate.

My question is should my brother pay his tuition fee before his application? His tuition Deposit was $1500, shouldn't that be enough to show commitment?

Also can we submit our applications at the same time?

Or what can we do so that we do not run into problems?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omankem8(f): 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
I just got an MBA into University Canada West.
Though the tuition is a bit pricey, it is also a very good school.

Kindly help on steps on how to start my study visa application.

I'm sponsoring myself, and I'm not going with my husband or family....

How do i go about my statement of Express?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ayoogo:

Good morning Inioluwa1. Pls I need your assistance my sister has been given admission but d agent is saying she can't go with her family. Until after 3 months

Hello Ayoogo,

If your sister's home ties and financial strength isn't solid, it won't be a good idea rather it weakens her chances more.

I believe what the agent meant by 3 months is after the first semester of her study which is on point. Though a family member can apply to accompanying PA at any given point if there are sufficient evidence to convince the VO.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
deommanuel:

You can go ahead to use your in-law as a cosponsor, since you work in her company.

If you can get a study leave letter, It can be a good home tie.

So you can use this in-law as your main sponsor, while still showing that you have enough money to take care of other expenses.

I'm thinking it's betterw as the main sponsor, since you're not self employed. Unless you have some other business that can generate funds while you're away.

Note that you'll have to show proof of your relationship to the said sponsor, and also add Documents to show how she generates income.

Kindly allow for other contributions.

Goodluck!

Thanks @deommanuel.
Yes I have proof our relationship through the daughter unmarried, pictures of us together during our traditional and white wedding. Can I add birth certificate as well to show proof of relationship?
For how she generates money, I intend showing invoices of purchase of goods from manufacturers and as well invoices of sells to wholesellers and retailers as it is a mega distribution company. Hope that will be ok.

Thanks so much for your help. You guys have been of immense help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
Bosede24:
Political studies..have you been given admission? If you don’t mind please drop your mail

Hello Bosede24,

Have you gotten the admission now and hope you didn't put all eggs in one basket by only applying to Pol Science?

The course is highly competitive in Canada and most DLI admits about 5 - 8 students or fewer students for this program.

If your admission hasn't dropped, be hopeful but still, try to apply to some other schools in a closely related course around Pol Science or other related course to your current functioning domain.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
Thanks Just Mellow

A letter of consent has already been written

It shall end in praise
JustMellow:

Hello Dolex86,

There is no harm including it, but since your husband is in the picture, there might be no need. Your spouse can simply write a letter acknowledging his consent for your study and reference your mother's responsibility to the kids in it.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
Metari1:

Hello justmellow!

Thank you for all the information and time you spend on this platform, appreciate o!
God bless you!

I have a concern I will like your insight on, should I go ahead and ask.

Much oblige, kindly go ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
Vfs. Omo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sweetchi2411: 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
Metari1:
My own love letter has arrived! Who am I that GOD is so mindful of!

I will share timeline soon.

Catching my breath, this is all I can type for now!

Congratulations!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godlives1: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello House, all the gurus, Mr Frank, Lekiboboe... Please I need your advice on what to do.

My wife got accepted into a 1-year PG Cert program at NSCC for fall 2021. Hoping to apply by end of May. No landed property, was sold last year in pursuace of PR. It's a family of 4. I'm the PA for PR. The plan is we would join her as soon as she lands, thereafter, I'd continue with the PR as I have masters and 10 years work exp.

Please house, what's your take as regards the timing of application, if she didn't have CLB 7 for NSE?

Can we use fixed deposit that would mature at the time of application?

Can I co-sponsor with her brother who has landed properties.

I need more tips on what to do regarding PR, considering that the program would end May 27, 2022.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blessing456: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
Bosede24:
have you been given admission?
still under review. you?
why not respond to my mail, lets talk better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hy
Good afternoon
Please does anybody know how I can pay my $300 tuition deposit for Memorial University Newfoundland(MUN)
I’ve tried a MasterCard and it isn’t working �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:
Vfs. Omo

You still have not gotten your passport back

When did you submit again?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mastmony: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2021
Congratulations

Tigretech:
Good Morning

24 October 2020: Applied For Student Visa and I was asked to do an Upfront Medical before I can submit the application. And I did all and submitted

30 November 2020: Request Letter stating that I qualified for NSE and asked me to provide MyBankStatement and IELTS Result which I submitted.

18 January 2021: Got a message for another Medicals and I contacted the IRCC and told them that my former Medicals was done on 19th October 2021 and it’s not up to 4 months and they are asking for another medical and usually Medicals last for 12 months and I got a reply from them saying I should do what I was asked to do because it’s for verification and clearance.

11 February 2021: I did the second Medicals and it was submitted to the IRCC by the medical agents directly.

16 February 2021: I got a correspondence letter and an original passport request letter..

I’m so happy because everything went on so well and successfully.

Please if you are going to Manitoba let’s link up and know how we can help each other.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
Good afternoon everyone.
Please who is going/applied to the university of Ottawa for the fall 2021. Let’s link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2021
Tigretech:
Good Morning

24 October 2020: Applied For Student Visa and I was asked to do an Upfront Medical before I can submit the application. And I did all and submitted

30 November 2020: Request Letter stating that I qualified for NSE and asked me to provide MyBankStatement and IELTS Result which I submitted.

18 January 2021: Got a message for another Medicals and I contacted the IRCC and told them that my former Medicals was done on 19th October 2021 and it’s not up to 4 months and they are asking for another medical and usually Medicals last for 12 months and I got a reply from them saying I should do what I was asked to do because it’s for verification and clearance.

11 February 2021: I did the second Medicals and it was submitted to the IRCC by the medical agents directly.

16 February 2021: I got a correspondence letter and an original passport request letter..

I’m so happy because everything went on so well and successfully.

Please if you are going to Manitoba let’s link up and know how we can help each other.

Thanks

Tigretech 1-0 Village people

congratulations brother!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2021
Yteem:

You still have not gotten your passport back

When did you submit again?

1st of February 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.