Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (863294 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 9:20am On Feb 18, 2021
Please can someone send me details on how to send your passport to abuja vfs.
What is needed and how much i should keep down.
Sending from lagos to abuja.
Thank you in advance for the help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jayrealest: 9:21am On Feb 18, 2021
Esmeob:
Good morning

Please who can help me go through my SOP??

DM me. Am not a guru bt will try to d beat of my knowledge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tigretech: 9:28am On Feb 18, 2021
If you have the time travel to Abuja and submit it yourself because it’s better than all these DHL Stuff..

Documents to Go with You:

Passport Request Letter,
2 Copies of Passport Data Page,
The Original Passport for Stamping,
VFS Consent Form( You can get it on their Site),
Then write your name,address,phone no and email in a a piece of paper because that’s where they would send the passport to.

You will pay some courier fees too or you can package all these document and send through courier to the VFS Office In Abuja.

Remember you have to pay some fees too
JohnErrin:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bosede24: 9:29am On Feb 18, 2021
olasubomy:

Congratulations.

I rejoice with you and wish you all the best in Canada.

congratulations yemisi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 9:29am On Feb 18, 2021
JohnErrin:
See this

How to Send your International Passport and Other Documents to Abuja VFS for Stamping
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131

Download and print the consent form below and fill the 2nd page only

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

AWAIT FURTHER DIRECTIVES FROM MEMBERS IN THIS FORUM WHO SENT THEIR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esom16(f): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2021
jimikata:
Hi,
I mailed them just as you advised and got a response about 5 minutes later stating that one of my reference came after deadline and they didn't receive the other.(I thought I will get notification of it, so that i can inform my referees).
they asked if i will like my application to be consider for fall 2022.

don't know what to do now!

Okay, let them know that you'll ensure they get the other reference letter as soon as possible and explain to them why there was a delay in the other one. Plead and assure them you'll get the reference letter as soon as possible.
I had same issues but mine was my transcript. I assured them I'll get my transcript across and immediately they got it in two weeks time after the deadline they gave me my acceptance letter.
They are easy to communicate with that is one thing I know about them.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2021
Lekiboboe:

See this

How to Send your International Passport and Other Documents to Abuja VFS for Stamping
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131

Download and print the consent form below and fill the 2nd page only

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

AWAIT FURTHER DIRECTIVES FROM MEMBERS IN THIS FORUM WHO SENT THEIR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA
If you did not do your biometrics in Abuja you will pay transmission fee of 7430

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Metari1: 9:53am On Feb 18, 2021
[quote author=JustMellow post=99157259]

Much oblige, kindly go ahead.[/quote

Apologies for the late response.

My question is this: Could one be prevented from entry into Canada if the deferred and new admission letter is now stating mode of delivery as ONLINE due to the pandemic. Not saying it's hybrid( maybe a mix of online and inclass).

This concern is also based on something I read on the IRCC website, someone also raised this concern a few days ago but there was no response.

I have also sent a mail to the school awaiting their response. All in all tuition has been paid and they might only be concern about that.

Kindly find below for your perusal.

I welcome other response also. Many thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esom16(f): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2021
Bebe123:

I don’t think it has anything to do with being nice. She probably gave an airtight application and concrete reasons which made t m review her application. She probably got points for taking initiative too.

If her application was poor or not up to t he if standards, she would have definitely gotten another no.

Very true. It's not about them being nice. Firstly, I believe you just have the right to know why you application was rejected in the first place. Ask. MUN would always reply. Then when you get your response, you'll know if it's sth that can be rectified in a given time (maybe a missing document, or a misunderstanding of an information) or your scores weren't just good enough for them. In the case of the latter,you find another school. In the case of the former, you sort things out and ask for a consideration for that same semester you applied for.
My thoughts though...it might not always work every time. But atleast know the reason you were refused.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ara2004: 10:00am On Feb 18, 2021
House, how can i get the study permit application forms ? will i get them when i start the application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2021
You might have to redeem the funds from mutual funds to your account that has MBS option OR submit the normal stamped account statement and reference letter provided by stanbic asset management.

You can include the redemption form, account statement for the mutual fund account before and after the redemption, then generate MBS for the account that now has the fund. Ask the customer service representative if there's any thing else they can give you to include maybe like a letter stating you just requested to redeem the funds for embassy purpose because MBS isn't available on their platform or something similar.

This will have to be fully explained in your LOE.

Those are the options I would explore if I were in your shoes. Just do your findings well.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE.

MsJanez01:
Good morning everyone. Submitted my application Jan 31st, just got my NSE request. They only asked for my bank statement since I already submitted my ielts. My question is, my funds are in stanbic mutual funds investment and they do not have mybankstatement for it. Pls how do I go about this? Plus the request letter stated a link where i can obtain mybankstatement. I'm a little bit confused. Please if you have used mutual funds or fixed deposits, how did u got about submitting this as NSE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ara2004: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2021
House. I just read this few minutes ago. I don't think a police clearance certificate is required for a study permit application. With the information below, i am not applying for a PR and i am not declaring any criminal record. Who also shares my view?

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police character certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2021
I got this mail from ircc nairobi

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jayrealest: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2021
Jayrealest:
Good morning great gurus of this group. God bless all you do. Please I av applied for masters admission since January against fall 2021. Can I book and do medical even when I av not started my student Visa application as am yet to receive admission letter

Please my post is begging for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Metari1: 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021
Jayrealest:

Please my post is begging for your response

You can, but it is probably best to receive the admission letter first and then you can book medicals while working on your sop and other necessary documents you need for your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 18, 2021
Awesome God.
I just received my PPR.
Please if you sent to Abuja kindly advise on how to go about it and the fees required. Thank you.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:29am On Feb 18, 2021
Tohbieee:
Awesome God.
I just received my PPR.
Please if you sent to Abuja kindly advise on how to go about it and the fees required. Thank you.
congrats. Please when did u apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2021
Good morning house, I have received my LOA from my school. I am however confused on the speculations that the school must indicate that in person attendance is required before entry can be allowed into canada. There was not such thing specified on my LOA from the school.
Do I have to mail the school raising these concerns given that the school is a DLI with covid plans already in place.
I anticipate a response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2021
Olayinkaji:
Good morning Guys, who has applied to canadore college before. I just received the offer letter today and asked to pay this before holding my seat. Is it a must I pay for this fees knowing how long Canada takes time to process visa. House, what's your take?

Is the deposit refundable?

Why not go for Conestoga college, deposit is 1500 and its refundable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2021
Rootiab:
congrats. Please when did u apply?
November 3rd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adetunji001(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Tohbieee:
Awesome God.
I just received my PPR.

Congratulations to you!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Inestimable61: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2021
Oghogho1313:

Was personal assets and financial status the only reason stated in the correspondence letter? There seems to be a reference to the study plan as well relating to purpose of visit.

The correspondence letter had personal assets and Financial status and also purpose of visit .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2021
Adetunji001:

Congratulations to you!!!
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2021
Esmeob:
Please if I have two sponsors i.e. my mum and dad, am I supposed to do a sworn affidavit of support for each?

Let either of your parent sponsor either of your brother and you.
Each supporting with affidavits, it makes it easier.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Drshobz(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2021
tall2ce:
I am about to apply for Masters in Employee Relations at Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Please can anyone confirm if the school accepts student copy transcripts? And the deadline Fall 2021 for the course I want to apply for is February 15th. Is it late?

Boss please can you help me with direct link to that course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jayrealest: 10:51am On Feb 18, 2021
Tohbieee:

Thank you.

Congratulations to you. I sent u a DM please check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Drshobz(m): 10:52am On Feb 18, 2021
tall2ce:
I am about to apply for Masters in Employee Relations at Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Please can anyone confirm if the school accepts student copy transcripts? And the deadline Fall 2021 for the course I want to apply for is February 15th. Is it late?

Boss please can you help me with direct link to that course or HRM

I am having difficulties in searching for courses I want to chose from in the university website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2021
ericksenE:
Hi,
Thanks for your response. It was definitely an error. I sent an email to the London office and they said I should ignore the email that it's an 'Administrative Error'

Hello Ericksen,

I can imagine what a relief it is to you.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2021
Mehnnnnn..you can imagine.
My mind was just going haywire...But we thank God,
Seriously awaiting PPR o!
JustMellow:

Hello Ericksen,

I can imagine what a relief it is to you.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2021
Thank you
Thaiy:

Let either of your parent sponsor either of your brother and you.
Each supporting with affidavits, it makes it easier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2021
Thank you

Jayrealest:

DM me. Am not a guru bt will try to d beat of my knowledge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:02am On Feb 18, 2021
Tohbieee:
Awesome God.
I just received my PPR.
Hearty Congratulations to you on your Visa Application Success

See this
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/278#99183341

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.