Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (876101 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by afomon12: 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
Gurus still waiting for your response on this ooooo
afomon12:
While filling the forms please gurus. Under the national identity document. I have a permanent voters card and a National I.D card. However, these national identity document does not have an expiry date. So what should I fill in for - Enter the date your national identity document will expire ? Gurus !!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TOMSY(f): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
EyinjuGod:
Good afternoon,
Please do I need to get myself a supervisor before applying to Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Course: Economics.
Thanks guys for the feedback

No. you don't need a supervisor. They'll assign one to you when you start the program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stephanie94: 5:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
Good day lovely people, I studied English Education but I had a low CGPA from Nigeria, 2.68 and I’m currently doing my masters in Germany. I have realized most schools cannot accept my CGPA in Canada because it’s too low. Therefore, I have decided to through the PGC route. My intention is to study Special Education/ Early Childhood Education. My question is are there any CGPA limit for PGC and would applying from Germany give me an edge concerning getting my visa? Please give help me sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
awys:

Yes please prove it it's very important as is not your relative let it be a strong proof to really convince them
Alright. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2021
IboBoyNuel:
Good day gurus in the house.

I applied for study permit since October 13th. I still haven't received a decision yet. I requested for my GCMS notes about a month ago and I received them today. I can't find any notes by the visa officer on it. This is the screenshot of the assessment section and I don't know what "recommend interview" means.

Also it looks like the notes section was covered or something.

Gurus in the house please help

Your application is moving in the right direction.

The meaning of Recommend Interview means the Case processing agent ( visa officer) reviewing your file has passed it on to a Senior Visa Officer to review and give his/her final verdict.

Keep praying and hopefully, it comes with approval.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
MUN's final decision comes 8-12 weeks after deadline for course submission, that 2 to 3 months, hopefully you should hear from them from the 2nd week in March......as regards applying to other schools, research the schools, get to know their acceptance rate for admission in your area of interest, if you have funds, you can apply, it increase your chances and you get to make you choice from all of the school offering you admission.

It will end in praise.

modestmj:
Good Morning House & Happy Sunday,

I am a graduate of Sociology with a 2:1 (4.28), 2018. I applied to Manitoba 2019, Sociology & Criminology, I didn't get admission. I applied to Manitoba again 2021 same course, I still didn't get admission, same as Windsor for Criminology. I didn't get admission still. I was already getting sad. So I decided to apply to Memorial University, "Folklore" shortly before the deadline Jan 15th as advised by someone with similar experience who has been active here.

My questions are:

-What are the reasons for me not having admission to those schools even when I was thorough with my SOP & other documents?

-When does admission come in for applicants to Memorial University since I applied Jan 15?

-What advise can I get with regards to applying for other schools or should I be patient & wait for Memorial University?

Please I need your responses and advice. God bless, thank you. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2021
olasubomy:

Your application is moving in the right direction.

The meaning of Recommend Interview means the Case processing agent ( visa officer) reviewing your file has passed it on to a Senior Visa Officer to review and give his/her final verdict.

Keep praying and hopefully, it comes with approval.

It will end in praise.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
pickatyouu:

Some on this thread said only with COPR can one travel to Canada at the moment

Some traveled yesterday.

Let's wait for their landing gist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
feistymikey:
Please how are people paying for their visa application online now since the limit on Nigerian cards is now $100

My payment has not been going through

You will need to look for someone who has a dom account to either help you pay or gives you the details of the card for you to make the payment. You can either pay back in USD or NGN equivalent to the person.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gitgreen: 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
Maputhohq:

Anybody with any advice in the house please??

What do you really want? Switch to Web development or try to infuse Mass Communication into Web Development? Web Development is a huge career path on its own. And evidently, you don't need a degree for that let alone a second degree.

Please focus on building your dev skills and build a career there. By the way what is your skillset in web development?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EyinjuGod(f): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
thanks for the information.
TOMSY:

No. you don't need a supervisor. They'll assign one to you when you start the program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
Fully-Funded MSc/PhD positions in Electrical Engineering, University of Alberta

1. Funded MSc/PhD positions in the lab of Prof. Li Cheng
https://apps.ualberta.ca/directory/person/lcheng5

2. Prof. Xingyu Li is actively looking for MSc/PhD students in Artificial Intelligence/ Deep Learning
https://apps.ualberta.ca/directory/person/xingyu

To prepare & package your Documents & Cold mail for this opportunities, this is your plug
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by pickatyouu: 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
deommanuel:

Some traveled yesterday.

Let's wait for their landing gist.
Ok bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2021
IboBoyNuel:
Good day gurus in the house.

I applied for study permit since October 13th. I still haven't received a decision yet. I requested for my GCMS notes about a month ago and I received them today. I can't find any notes by the visa officer on it. This is the screenshot of the assessment section and I don't know what "recommend interview" means.

Also it looks like the notes section was covered or something.

Gurus in the house please help

Has your eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maputhohq: 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2021
gitgreen:

What do you really want? Switch to Web development or try to infuse Mass Communication into Web Development? Web Development is a huge career path on its own. And evidently, you don't need a degree for that let alone a second degree.

Please focus on building your dev skills and build a career there. By the way what is your skillset in web development?
I want to be able to start a career in Canada as a web developer, but apparently I can't do that as I would need a reason to go. My main problem right now is purpose, should I take up the Interactive Web design course in Georgian College which would really help in setting me up in the Canadian IT sector and help increase my web dev skills as it's a really hands on course or take up the Masters in Communication Technology just to be able to go over (less immigration trouble) and maybe later try to get into the Web dev community after my studies while still increasing my web dev skills during the Masters programme on my own. Which would be a better route.
My skillset right now include HTML/CSS, JavaScript, React. I know I still have a long way but I've been able to come this far. I plan on taking more coursera courses and having side projects to be able to add to my portfolio.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
TOMSY:

depends on course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hi Guys,
Its me again after a while.
I applied since October 7th last year.
Medicals passed,
Biometrics passed,
I submitted the NSE documents before 25th dec the expiry date.
The thing is, i didnt get a confirmation/acknowledgement like the others that my NSE documents were received. When I uploaded them on my portal, it was successful and said documents recieved and thats all but my eligibility review hasn’t started since 23rd Dec I submitted my NSE documents till today. I have sent countless of webforms and emails and what i keep getting is my application is still under review and they cant tell when they’ll be finalising it. Its crazy. I ordered my GCMS notes on Tuesday to know how far with my application. They should just tell me if i got it or not let me know my way foward. I’m really tired. Trust me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by qudusbalogun89: 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2021
I need answer to this please....

qudusbalogun89:
Please ooo the gurus in the house, I need quick answer to this question.

To someone that is accompanying a minor to travel for study, what type of visa is he going to apply for? Work or visiting visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayibo1: 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
deommanuel:

Hello,
I can help with that.
how can I get your contact pls? so I can send u a copy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
Longjonjoe:

Has your eligibility review started?

Yes. Started on the 31st of December
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hello everyone, please if you're in the the business or know anyone in the business of arranging Bank statements for Proof of funds or know someone that is in the business, kindly send me a message on my email @theimmanuela@gmail.com �
I am in dire need of it to complete my application documents... I don't know any rich person, please help cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
earlher:
Hello everyone, please if you're in the the business or know anyone in the business of arranging Bank statements for Proof of funds or know someone that is in the business, kindly send me a message on abiodunae@yahoo.com �
I am in dire need of it to complete my application documents... I don't know any rich person, please help cry
Please don't put your self into a deeper mess with this .There is nothing like arranging bank statement for proof of funds don't let them give you fake docs that will put you into trouble there is nothing like arranging bank statement for immigration to be forewarned is to beforearm
A word is enough for the wise!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hello everyone
Please I have someone who want to relocate to Canada with three children but there still young, so what the best way for her to relocate to Canada is studying okay, please i need your suggestions please....or how will she go about the relocation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
Tigretech:
Hello!

Good Morning and Happy New Week Ahead

Please if you are traveling to Canada Soon. I would love us to discuss something vital and beneficial..

Please hit me up...

Thanks

To all those Waiting for PPR, E Go Drop Very Soon

God Is Alive

Why not share here if it isn't that confidential, so whoevev is interested can hit you up!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Longjonjoe:
Hi Guys,
Medicals passed,
Biometrics passed,
The thing is, i didnt get a confirmation/acknowledgement like the others that my NSE documents were received. When I uploaded them on my portal, it was successful and said documents recieved and thats all but my eligibility review hasn’t started since 23rd Dec I submitted my NSE documents till today. I have sent countless of webforms and emails and what i keep getting is my application is still under review and they cant tell when they’ll be finalising it. Its crazy. I ordered my GCMS notes on Tuesday to know how far with my application. They should just tell me if i got it or not let me know my way foward. I’m really tired. Trust me

Bruh! I know exactly how you feel. I applied on the 13th. I didn't get acknowledgement either. My profile just says "additional documents uploaded". And my eligibility review started December 31st. I did upfront medicals on 21st January and since then it's been silence.

I Sha requested for my GCMS notes and it came in Today. I realized that they've received and reviewed the additional documents since the day I uploaded it. I just wasn't notified. I'm pretty sure your eligibility has started too. They just didn't update it. I've sent lots of webforms to Nairobi and they haven't replied anyone yet.

Just keep praying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
feistymikey:
Please how are people paying for their visa application online now since the limit on Nigerian cards is now $100

My payment has not been going through
If you know someone in Canada or abroad ,beg the person
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hello All,

Is there a whatsapp group for people applying for study permit

Please add me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
afomon12:
While filling the forms please gurus. Under the national identity document. I have a permanent voters card and a National I.D card. However, these national identity document does not have an expiry date. So what should I fill in for - Enter the date your national identity document will expire ? Gurus !!!!

Leave that part, it's for diplomats...I once did the mistake and was later told the meaning

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2021
earlher:
Hello everyone, please if you're in the the business or know anyone in the business of arranging Bank statements for Proof of funds or know someone that is in the business, kindly send me a message on abiodunae@yahoo.com �

Hello earlher,

I understand your concern and sincerely all fingers are not equal but you risk getting banned for 5 years and you need to understand that this is a public forum and we get this negative feedback from IRCC because of perceived fraudulent documents they think we submit to boost our application

Everything on this forum is legal cause we don’t even know who’s monitoring the forum

All the best moving forward

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2021
awys:

Please don't put your self into a deeper mess with this .There is nothing like arranging bank statement for proof of funds don't let them give you fake docs that will put you into trouble there is nothing like arranging bank statement for immigration to be forewarned is to beforearm
A word is enough for the wise!!!
1. With the current MBS method, you'll be easily found out.
2. If the person send bold money into your account without any relationship, itll be regarded as lump sum, and what relationship is between you two,.
3. The person would also pay part of your fees from his or her account...so think about it well before using that method. You must either explain the lumpsum, and the person must be ready to leave the money till when your application is completed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2021
Longjonjoe:
Hi Guys,
Medicals passed,
Biometrics passed,

Same with me just calm down and let’s hope for the best
The NSE is scam���....
They are not real with the 20days Dey said

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
Are people who are resuming in May travelling now

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.