Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Any fanshawe college student still in Nigeria, waiting for ppr?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by glam12: 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
I am not quite sure of that. I think you should communicate with the school to find out. However, if I can get any information regarding that soon, I will come back here to update you.
Best of luck!

AKANLE2:
CONGRATS. PLEASE CAN I GET PGD FINANCE ADMISSION IN UWINNIPEG WITH CGPA 2.6 BCS ACCOUNTING
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TOMSY(f): 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
Good day guys. Please I have a question.

Is it legal to state that you converted naira to dollar at the black market (Bureau d' change) in your SOP? My sponsor transferred above #2million in december from one bank account and bought $5,000 USD cash and deposited into another account (domicilliary) on the same day. The balance is a bit above $8000 US. I'm trying to explain the reason for the lump sum.

Or do you think there is no need to explain this in the SOP?
P.S The money was transferred to the person who changed it, and $5000 cash was received from him.

Cc
@Frankrobbn1
@Richard
@Lekiboboe
@Anon123
@JustMellow
and others

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elyasix: 1:20am On Mar 01, 2021
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
The above concerns were the reasons why I got rejected rencetly, abeg what documents should I use to back my application up when reapplying for the 2nd time soon.
Please guru in the house help me abeg, I only have one intake left on my undergraduate Admission offer...God bless everyone! [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 1:28am On Mar 01, 2021
TOMSY:
Good day guys. Please I have a question.

Is it legal to state that you converted naira to dollar at the black market (Bureau d' change) in your SOP? My sponsor withdrew above #2million in december from one bank account and bought $5,000 USD cash and deposited into another account (domicilliary) on the same day. The balance is a bit above $8000 US. I'm trying to explain the reason for the lump sum.

Or do you think there is no need to explain this in the SOP?

Thank you.
What concerns them with black market? Just a withdrawal was made from a savings/current account to fund domiciliary account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mudicua: 1:33am On Mar 01, 2021
Hello Everyone,

It has been ages. grin cheesy

I just dropped by to say happy new month.. and encourage everyone to keep their chin up, and be positive.

Thanks to Frank, Lekiboboe, Awys, Justmellow and all the gurus in the house who still keep this forum thriving.

I will try to drop by more often.

Y'all have a beautiful month of March. May it bring you all great news.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:52am On Mar 01, 2021
May all you have been waiting for come out positively this month in Jesus name. Amen. Congratulations in advance to everyone waiting for one good news to another.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 6:53am On Mar 01, 2021
Amen, thanks.

I applied for MSc Kinesiology in Dec 2019 and got admission in July 2020.

Sure! If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Thaiy:

OK, that's lovely.

What course did you apply for and when did you start you process? I have an application with MUN that is awaiting final decision coming in a couple of weeks.

Stay in touch....so you can provide us with assistance since you are through with your process and travelling soon, receive Godspeed in what lies ahead.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 6:58am On Mar 01, 2021
Lamideyy:
Good evening
Please is anybody already at St John’s (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
Please I need to make some inquires
Somebody that is schooling there already
Please
Undergraduate or postgraduate
Anyone
Thanks

I am not there yet, but I started classes online since September. Will I be able to help?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 7:00am On Mar 01, 2021
OtunbaTee:

When is your course starting?

Started in Fall 2020. I'm in my second semester now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 7:05am On Mar 01, 2021
Bebe123:

Hi,

Congratulations on bagging a scholarship.

1. Is the scholarship for undergraduate in MUN.

2. Did you apply for it?

3. Pls can you give more details on how you got t scholarship.

Thanks in advance

I got funding from my graduate supervisor. During our first interview, before he accepted to be my supervisor, he asked if I needed funding; I said yes, and he granted me 17,500cad every year.

If you get an meeting with a potential supervisor, please try to ask if he has funding in case he/she doesn’t mention it.

It will all end in praise, Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Summe: 7:22am On Mar 01, 2021
Good morning everyone and happy new month.

I am in search for a travel buddy to Newfoundland for 9th of March, using Qatar Airways. If you’re a female, we can work towards sharing a room and costs for hotel quarantine in Montreal.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 7:59am On Mar 01, 2021
demure178:
Any fanshawe college student still in Nigeria, waiting for ppr?

I'm here oo, Fanshawe May 2021. Hoping my PPR drops this week by GOD's GRACE, Amen!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 01, 2021
Omankem8:

Thank you mami.

Her Dad and My parents think the weather is too cold for her. And also how i intend to juggle her alone with academics. And she's the apple of thier eyes.

I could visit every 6 months pending when I'm done with my program, i do not intend to stay back.

I really want to go with her but it will definitely cost more...

I'm just at a loss to what to do.

Just to encourage you, I am leaving my one year old baby, although my program ends in Dec. (I am at peace with this because I tried to travel with him but my first application was rejected and then I had to apply alone).

Think it through, finances and everything and do what gives you peace. It's a tough decision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2021
A JOYFUL and BLESSED MARCH to us all, there shall be RAIN of PPRs and good news this week and this Month in Jesus name, AMEN!!!

MAY IT END IN PRAISES FOR US AS WE MARCH INTO ANOTHER LEVEL OF GREATNESS!!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 8:32am On Mar 01, 2021
oyibo4real:
A JOYFUL and BLESSED MARCH to us all, there shall RAIN of PPRs and good news this week and this Month in Jesus name, AMEN!!!

Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dave1860: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2021
Hello, Please as anyone traveled recently and shared his/her travel experience?
I would like to know the documents to print out for travel(study permit) and the experience for the new mandatory hotel stay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2021
oyibo4real:
A JOYFUL and BLESSED MARCH to us all, there shall RAIN of PPRs and good news this week and this Month in Jesus name, AMEN!!!

AMENNNNNN!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TOMSY(f): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2021
shupy:

What concerns them with black market? Just a withdrawal was made from a savings/current account to fund domiciliary account.

The money was transferred to the person who changed it, and $5000 cash was received from him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2021
Amen! Happy new month of March,it shall rain PPR for us this month in Jesus name Amen
Mudicua:
Hello Everyone,

It has been ages. grin cheesy

I just dropped by to say happy new month.. and encourage everyone to keep their chin up, and be positive.

Thanks to Frank, Lekiboboe, Awys, Justmellow and all the gurus in the house who still keep this forum thriving.

I will try to drop by more often.

Y'all have a beautiful month of March. May it bring you all great news.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2021
Amen.I receive that congratulations in Jesus name Amen

Vietnaminfo:
May all you have been waiting for come out positively this month in Jesus name. Amen. Congratulations in advance to everyone waiting for one good news to another.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 9:04am On Mar 01, 2021
Summe:
Good morning everyone and happy new month.

I am in search for a travel buddy to Newfoundland for 9th of March, using Qatar Airways. If you’re a female, we can work towards sharing a room and costs for hotel quarantine in Montreal.

Congratulations... Canada will favour you Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 9:21am On Mar 01, 2021
Elyasix:
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
The above concerns were the reasons why I got rejected rencetly, abeg what documents should I use to back my application up when reapplying for the 2nd time soon.
Please guru in the house help me abeg, I only have one intake left on my undergraduate Admission offer...God bless everyone! [color=#990000][/color]
When did you apply and what course are you going for? How old are you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 9:23am On Mar 01, 2021
Have you gotten any notification since afternoon NSE confirmation?
Rootiab:
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2021
Elyasix:
Order for your GCMS NOTES to get a full detailed explanation of the refusal reasons. These reasons are generic once your Notes are out then the gurus here will be able to dissect it and give ideas on how to tackle the reasons for your next Application.
In BTW who is your sponsor? What's your previous educational background and what course are you going to Study? And what is the level of study of the program you are going for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 9:26am On Mar 01, 2021
Wow! I think you just have to gather appropriate documents and try again. It will end in praise!
Johnchan2:

my admission letter says 1 year for pre nursing and after successful completion get into Bsc Nursing program so that should be a total of 4 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:34am On Mar 01, 2021
1.I don’t know about now but till last year, Ucalgary only consider all application after the deadline. My guess is that you applied for the Fall term and the application deadline is April 15 so you might not get a response before then but things might have changed cause the application deadline for fall in previous years was March 30 not April 15. But even at that it might still take two to three months so keep your fingers crossed.

2. Just ignore the original transcript on the to-do list as long as you have submitted the student copy. It will be stated on your admission letter to send the original transcript and admission deposit of $500.

3. The tuition fee is roughly $26,500 for the entire program excluding the general fees

Hope this helps

Jayrealest:

Please how long does it take for one to secure admission at ucal? I applied on d 14th Jan 2021 for masters and no update at all yet since then.

Also on my to-do list only original tanscript request is there. Am I to send my original transcript from my sch even when admission is still in view? Although I already supplied student bcopy during my application. Are they waiting for the transcript to give admission?

Please can u give me the total estimate for the tuition for masters in engineering course based as I have navigated through their website and have only found the fees per course which is not exactly what I wanted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2021
Dave1860:
Hello, Please as anyone traveled recently and shared his/her travel experience?
I would like to know the documents to print out for travel(study permit) and the experience for the new mandatory hotel stay.

Letter of enrollment
Letter of acceptance
Covid 19 negative test result (72 hrs before flight)
SOA (POF)
ArriveCAN receipt
Tuition receipt
LOI

Quarantine plan. (Just know this and know where you are headed)

As for the experience regarding the mandatory hotel stay. We are waiting to hear from those who landed recently and can give us an update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 11:01am On Mar 01, 2021
How long after they start eligibility reviewing will one get a response? Please, I would love to get random answers. Cos in my first application i was refused study permit 72hrs after the eligibility review started. But I know some persons that didn't hear from IRCC till about 2 months after.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2021
kelvine95:
How long after they start eligibility reviewing will one get a response? Please, I would love to get random answers. Cos in my first application i was refused study permit 72hrs after the eligibility review started. But I know some persons that didn't hear from IRCC till about 2 months after.

I don’t think anyone can categorically say or confidently beat their chest that they know the pattern of how this application matter works.

There might be a pattern but no one knows the timing.

Once you submit, just try and take a deep breathe and pray and to hear favourably from them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 11:15am On Mar 01, 2021
Hello all,

Please am trying to Marge the documents that I will upload and will need guidance or direction to page I can get comprehensive sections where each document wil be.

It will really be of help and again saw site for merging pdf here but can't find it again. Will need that too.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oluwayemisi0507: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
The Eagle has landed just now. Yaaaay cool cool grin grin
UPS dey deliver sharp sharp. Make una use them abeg.

Timeline
Second time applicant:
▪︎Applied Nov 26th 2020
▪︎NSE request Dec 17th
▪︎Upfront Medicals Jan 11th
▪︎NSE submission Jan 14th
▪︎Eligibility review started Jan 15th
▪︎Medical passed Jan 16th
▪︎AIP received Feb 10th
▪︎PPR received Feb 17th
▪︎Sent passport to Abuja Feb 17th
▪︎Acknowledged on Feb 19th
▪︎Passport Returned to my house March 1st

But my counterfoil and LOI has not dropped yet. Should I be worried?

Side Note: The study permit application might stress you out but I can assure you that it is worth the wait. May the land of Canada be full of milk and honey for us all. Amen.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.