Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864296 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jayrealest: 5:20am On Feb 28, 2021
iampaulsmith:
If your question is about graduate studies go ahead and ask, I‘ll try my best to provide answers.

Please how long does it take for one to secure admission at ucal? I applied on d 14th Jan 2021 for masters and no update at all yet since then.

Also on my to-do list only original tanscript request is there. Am I to send my original transcript from my sch even when admission is still in view? Although I already supplied student bcopy during my application. Are they waiting for the transcript to give admission?

Please can u give me the total estimate for the tuition for masters in engineering course based as I have navigated through their website and have only found the fees per course which is not exactly what I wanted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:31am On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:
Pls guys I need help this was what my agent sent to me saying that I'm banned from Canada and based of what am seeing that's not what the letter says, so pls can some one go through it and explain what they mean, am I welcomed to reapplying?
Oh this is sad Krissy am so sorry for this. The first letter was a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER which they normally send at first to explain anything they are not clear about or if they have seen any misrepresentation you will be given a chance to explain with back up proofs and this is for 10days in which after 10days if they don't hear from you they will go ahead with the decision and the decision is always most likely a ban for 5years which is stated in the 2nd letter. If you can afford an immigration Lawyer to help you file this case just explain everything as it is provide all the documents you used in the application I think they would be able to do it but if you cannot do this I think you have to wait for the 5years to elapse before you can reapply normally
P.S: some agents are bad while some are Good if you have to use them at all get all the documents yourself don't allow them get any documents for you they don't have it all they say is lies to take your money they are into business remember!!!!. The day you will submit the application both of you can sit down and do it together please and Please and if possible avoid them totally this thread is enough to get information and you do researches too CANADA [/b]has also posted all the guidelines on their website to do all these things yourself it's not all countries that do this, everything concerning immigration is on Canada's website well explained there!!!
P.S if that agent had followed up and checked the portal when they sent the [b]PFL
it wouldn't have resulted to this they don't even have the luxury time to check portals for updates that's how bad it is cuz they need to make money from other candidates!!! .I have someone close to me to that's into this issue his was bank statement they didn't check the PFL only to find out from his GCMS NOTES that he had been banned like 6months back and they didn't tell him or checked!!!
GET YOUR DOCUMENTS YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE TO USE THEM!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:08am On Feb 28, 2021
awys:

Oh this is sad Krissy am so sorry for this. The first letter was a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER which they normally send at first to explain anything they are not clear about or if they have seen any misrepresentation you will be given a chance to explain with back up proofs and this is for 10days in which after 10days if they don't hear from you they will go ahead with the decision and the decision is always most likely a ban for 5years which is stated in the 2nd letter. If you can afford an immigration Lawyer to help you file this case just explain everything as it is provide all the documents you used in the application I think they would be able to do it but if you cannot do this I think you have to wait for the 5years to elapse before you can reapply normally
P.S: some agents are bad while some are Good if you have to use them at all get all the documents yourself don't allow them get any documents for you they don't have it all they say is lies to take your money they are into business remember!!!!. The day you will submit the application both of you can sit down and do it together please and Please and if possible avoid them totally this thread is enough to get information and you do researches too CANADA [/b]has also posted all the guidelines on their website to do all these things yourself it's not all countries that do this, everything concerning immigration is on Canada's website well explained there!!!
P.S if that agent had followed up and checked the portal when they sent the [b]PFL
it wouldn't have resulted to this they don't even have the luxury time to check portals for updates that's how bad it is cuz they need to make money from other candidates!!! .I have someone close to me to that's into this issue his was bank statement they didn't check the PFL only to find out from his GCMS NOTES that he had been banned like 6months back and they didn't tell him or checked!!!
Thanks for this explanation. This agents don't even check peoples profile for any update and sometimes they might get emails and they won't check it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 6:18am On Feb 28, 2021
Onweke:

Yeah Yteem was right. Don't mind the people telling you that you are banned. If you can explain the anomaly as regards the name of your mother on application and Sworn affidavit then you are good to go . You have to reapply and address the issue accordingly.

@Onweke, please let her mind them o. The letter actually states that she is banned. However if she feels she can explain the discrepancy WELLA she is free to reapply and prove beyond reasonable doubt that she did not misrepresent information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tunbebes(f): 6:40am On Feb 28, 2021
awys:

Read above YTEEM just posted the website to apply for your notes

Ok. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tigretech: 7:08am On Feb 28, 2021
Please I got a mail from DHL that my passport will arrive on Wednesday that’s 3rd but I have not got the Counterfoil update and LOI...

Is anything wrong?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 28, 2021
Yteem:

@Onweke, please let her mind them o. The letter actually states that she is banned. However if she feels she can explain the discrepancy WELLA she is free to reapply and prove beyond reasonable doubt that she did not misrepresent information.

Everyone is advising her on how to explain wella, what possible explanation can she give in misrepresenting your mum’s name?

How did the agent come about the two names?
Wasn’t she the one that provided all the information the agent used?

Please, I know she is feeling bad already but she should own up to her mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:48am On Feb 28, 2021
boluslim:
Good evening everyone, this is my second time posting and I have been reading comments. Please I'm yet to understand how this works, I want to apply for MSC in any agric course as my background is agriculture and I graduated with 2:1, please I need someone to put me through on how to get started, I don't know anything at all.
I also don't know how to reply back, please indicate how I can do that. Thank you all
There are lots of Agricultural related courses,

For M.SC, you can't just go for any MSC in Agric Course, you need to have an Area of Specialization, Research interests of the Agric course you want to go for.

That bin said,

- What agric course did you study in the University?

- What was your final year Project thesis on (Topic) , that is what are of agric is your final year project on ?

To reply, click on "Quote" , type your Message in the Box, then click on "Submit"

SHIKENA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2021
Omankem8:
Hello all...

Please i intend to start my application by next month.

My daughter is 14 months now.

Her dad and my mum said i cannot take her with me because she's too small and also the weather.
She will be almost 2 by October which is in my intake.

Is it a good idea to apply without her, seeing as she's too small or do i use her as my home tie.

I'm only going for my MBA DUE TO My company is opening a new office in another country and i intend to go for that position.

Lekiboboe, and my ogas. Please advice and help me... so i can know what best

With respect to travelling with babies, it is entirely up to you. The baby is not too small to travel with you and you can establish your home ties using other strong reasons and demonstrate that it is needful for your baby to travel with you.

Both options have their pros and cons.

If you decide to leave baby in Naija - explain why, from the point of care for your child. The baby would also serve as home tie.

If you want to travel with your baby - you need to prove that you have adequate resources to take care of your child (over and above what they require you to tender), you have made daycare arrangements and she would not disturb your studies in any way. Also, you need to demonstrate why she has to travel with you.

All the best, personally, I prefer travelling with your baby. The choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 28, 2021
Exactly! Perfect explanation.

awys:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:02am On Feb 28, 2021
Yteem:

I don't think she can reapply till after 5years but she can always get an immigration lawyer to start the process of filing the case and start working on it once they submit the case then and they review it they can now reverse it then maybe it will now be a normal refusal but she can't just reapply like that a decision has been made and the file closed and the decision has to do with a ban which makes it complicated let me put it that way so to reopen a file on a normal day that's where a Judicial review comes in so that last sentence on the letter that's how IRCC puts it in every of their letter whether it's a ban or a refusal so maybe she cuz I think once she tries to reapply like that it may be flagged cuz it's a ban!!! So if she can afford an immigration lawyer to start with first that's what I think other gurus can correct if am wrong ooo am not an expert or a guru oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2021
Goodmorning nairalanders please reply�
Please what document can I use to explain huge deposit of let say 3-5million from sales of land as I'm using my mum as sponsor and is it compulsory to back it up with my dad's landed property since I'm using mom as main sponsor?
And if uncle is another state how can I get the letter of sponsorship,? Is it advisable for him to get it done in his state(abj) scan and send to me alongside his bank statement and properties ?
Plus can someone please share their link for requirements for study permit
@awys
@lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2021
Rani001:
Goodmorning nairalanders please reply�
Please what document can I use to explain huge deposit of let say 3-5million from sales of land as I'm using my mum as sponsor and is it compulsory to back it up with my dad's landed property since I'm using mom as main sponsor?
And if uncle is another state how can I get the letter of sponsorship,? Is it advisable for him to get it done in his state(abj) scan and send to me alongside his bank statement and properties ?
Plus can someone please share their link for requirements for study permit
@awys
@lekiboboe
First of all who are using as your main sponsor if it's your mum then get all the documents from her like the letter of Sponsorship, Affidavit of Sponsorship a gift deed comes in where she transfered or gifted money to you then that can come in
Then for the sale of land you sold the land directly and the money was transferred to you right? If yes then you can explain it in your LOE that a land was sold and the money transferred to you backing it up with the documents used in the transaction
Then if your mom is your sponsor then you don't need letters from your uncle or dad or are the three of them sponsoring you ? I think one sponsor should suffice cuz from the Application form you only choose one sponsor from the drop down list am not sure please others can confirm this then other gurus can suggest too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Backcheck: 9:07am On Feb 28, 2021
Jayrealest:

Please how long does it take for one to secure admission at ucal? I applied on d 14th Jan 2021 for masters and no update at all yet since then.

Also on my to-do list only original tanscript request is there. Am I to send my original transcript from my sch even when admission is still in view? Although I already supplied student bcopy during my application. Are they waiting for the transcript to give admission?

Please can u give me the total estimate for the tuition for masters in engineering course based as I have navigated through their website and have only found the fees per course which is not exactly what I wanted.

You applied very late, thats like a day to the deadline for Engineering course based. They said admission decisions are sent out on a rolling basis, cus I applied December and I have received my decision since 1st of February

For the Transcript, you’ll only need to send it if you’re given admission.

For this year, fee per 3 unit course is Around 2400 cad and the whole program is a 30unit program. (For Civil Engineering)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Englishisamust: 9:41am On Feb 28, 2021
Englishisamust:
Good day nairalanders, I need your help I just broke my laptop inches

after the bike I board lastweek had an accident, thank God I only got a minor injury.

I have a project I'm going to defend on Monday and I need the laptop to defend the project. Now that the laptop has been broken I just need you guys to help me with a few money to repair the laptop. my parent cant afford the money because of personal reason. please you guys I just need your help, the engineer I went to meet said 10k will repair the laptop.

I will be so grateful if anyone can help me with any amount. please help me I will do anything for you. Please I don't want to lose my chance of finishing with upper credit because the project supervisor had informed me that monday is the deadline to present the project please help me.

Have try every way to get the money I was even thinking of stealing. I decided to swallow my pride and come look for helper here

This is the picture if u think I'm lieing

Some body should please help me, God will help u too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2021
Good morning all

Please I need your input. I applied for my study visa on Feb 4th. I paid 150cad cuz I stated that I had been refused visiting visa before.

I now got a mail Feb 26th, asking that I pay an additional 85cad for biometrics. I paid same day and uploaded the receipt and no update till now.

Abeg, any reason why it took this long to ask that I pay for Biometrics, I have seen other peoples profile where they get message for bio within a week.

Also, pls whats the next step, do I wait to hear from them again before going for my Biometrics or should I go ahead and book an appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:32am On Feb 28, 2021
glam12:
Finally got my Passport back after about 4 weeks...
Timeline:
PPR: - 27th January,2020
Passport submission @VFS Abuja: - 28th January,2020
Passport return & LOI :- 25th February, 2020

I feel so relieved.
Mine was a tough wait. I hope nobody else has to wait that long.
The feeling of having the study permit is so surreal. Definitely worth the wait.

Good luck to everyone that is on this journey. Remember, What God cannot do does not exist!

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES! cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BP291296(f): 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Hi everybody in the house!!! I’m new on this platform, I don’t know how it works here. I have read through different immigration parts and I am very impressed. Albeit I still need advice on my case. I have B. Sc in Tourism Studies and currently rounding off my master’s in Business Administration here in Nigeria. I am a flight attendant with almost 4years experience in the same organization and about 3 years experience in customer service / sales from previous jobs. But these skills fall under the skill level C of the NOC Canadian system.

Without further ado, Below are my details.

1. Age: 32 years old.

2. Educational background
B.Sc Tourism Studies Second Class Upper 3.87
M.Sc Business Administration (in view)

3. Professional certificate:
HSE (1-3)

4. Marital Status : Single

5. Current account balance is NGN1m, 4500usd

6. Job Experience:
Flight attendant - more than 3 years
Customer service/sales rep from previous jobs - more than 3 years

7. I currently have a South African visa on my passport.

8. Sponsorship: myself

9. Family ties: father’s property and my current job

I’m in a fix currently, which immigration options favor me more (EE or via study visa)? I hope I’m asking the right questions. And could you suggest universities or colleges I can apply to if I’m favor of study visa, I’m open to better ideas and advise too. Thanks I’m anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
Good day house,

To those who did Covid-19 test before boarding, Is there a way to know if the testing centre is accredited and the result would be accepted by the airline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by boluslim: 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
I studied agricultural production and management science, please note I have a B.Sc (Ed).
I researched on tourist attractions in my local government as my final year project.
I've seen alot of agric courses too but I don't know which one I fit in and I'm also looking for a location where I will be able to get a good job after school with my certificate.
I'd also like to know when the next admission will be open

Thank you for your response, I really I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by boluslim: 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lekiboboe:

There are lots of Agricultural related courses,

For M.SC, you can't just go for any MSC in Agric Course, you need to have an Area of Specialization, Research interests of the Agric course you want to go for.

That bin said,

- What agric course did you study in the University?

- What was your final year Project thesis on (Topic) , that is what are of agric is your final year project on ?

To reply, click on "Quote" , type your Message in the Box, then click on "Submit"

SHIKENA
I studied agricultural production and management science, please note I have a B.Sc (Ed).
I researched on tourist attractions in my local government as my final year project.
I've seen alot of agric courses too but I don't know which one I fit in and I'm also looking for a location where I will be able to get a good job after school with my certificate.

Thank you for your response, I really I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akby(m): 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
Salientjoe:
Good day house,

To those who did Covid-19 test before boarding, Is there a way to know if the testing centre is accredited and the result would be accepted by the airline?

If you're in Lagos, go to VFS office. There's a clinic there where you can take the test. Two people I know used it, and they are in Canada now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bebe123: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:
Pls guys I need help this was what my agent sent to me saying that I'm banned from Canada and based of what am seeing that's not what the letter says, so pls can some one go through it and explain what they mean, am I welcomed to reapplying?

I am so sorry that this happened to you but you shall overcome it.

Please get a VERY GOOD IMMIGRATION LAWYER ASAP.

Also vet the lawyer and your new application in Nairaland as you move forward so if there is any error, you can be guided.

Pls don’t do this on your own. I think the 5year ban is too serious to be done on your own unless you can do a great job and it’s airtight.

There are legit immigration lawyers that you can access from CAnada to fight this claim.

DON’T GIVE UP.
IT WILL END IN PRAISE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
Johnchan2:
Hello,

Good Morning everyone,
I applied for study permit on the 3rd of November, 2020 and got a rejection letter on the 17th of January, 2021.
The reasons for rejection were:
• I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on: purpose of visit
• I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on: personal assets and financial status and
• your proposed study is not reasonable

I further requested for the GCMS Notes and recently got a reply and it says:
1. lump sum deposit, it is unclear whether funds represented will be available for students study
2. student have not demonstrated that they are established in home country
3. applicants family is not established in country of residence
4. motivation to study in Canada does not seem reasonable at this point; study plan submitted is general and does not outline clear career path or goal

SOME NOTED DETAILS
+ i started my bachelors degree in my home country where i completed only 3 semesters (Bsc Nursing Program 2017- 2018). I got admission into Pre-Nursing program and after completions further apply to get into the nursing program
+ 20 years
+ Mother is my sponsor
+No work experience
+paid tuition fees and started my classes online

Please can i get help on how to tackle this issues as i plan to reapply soon.....like how can i proof i am established in my home country? can my mum be my tie to my home country? and please what documents do i need to submit in this second application?...... Thank you all

Johnchan2:
Hello,

Good Morning everyone,
I applied for study permit on the 3rd of November, 2020 and got a rejection letter on the 17th of January, 2021.
The reasons for rejection were:
• I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on: purpose of visit
• I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on: personal assets and financial status and
• your proposed study is not reasonable

I further requested for the GCMS Notes and recently got a reply and it says:
1. lump sum deposit, it is unclear whether funds represented will be available for students study
2. student have not demonstrated that they are established in home country
3. applicants family is not established in country of residence
4. motivation to study in Canada does not seem reasonable at this point; study plan submitted is general and does not outline clear career path or goal

SOME NOTED DETAILS
+ i started my bachelors degree in my home country where i completed only 3 semesters (Bsc Nursing Program 2017- 2018). I got admission into Pre-Nursing program and after completions further apply to get into the nursing program
+ 20 years
+ Mother is my sponsor
+No work experience
+paid tuition fees and started my classes online

Please can i get help on how to tackle this issues as i plan to reapply soon.....like how can i proof i am established in my home country? can my mum be my tie to my home country? and please what documents do i need to submit in this second application?...... Thank you all

How many years program are you going for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Please has anyone been invited for an online interview after applying for master's? I'm just wondering what to expect. I'll really appreciate your ideas. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
Queenmama03:
Please has anyone been invited for an online interview after applying for master's? I'm just wondering what to expect. I'll really appreciate your ideas. Thanks

Is this for real shocked IRCC, hmmmm! God go help us. Gurus, over to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 1:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Thank you, the land will favour you in Jesus Name.

Dovelove543:
Hi Everyone,
I just dropped by to encourage everyone to never give up.

Many thanks to Frank and many others.....

If I can, I will be here on Saturday, tomorrow, to answer any question that I think I can answer here just to encourage you guys. I hope to be here God willing by 11 am EST. That's 6 pm Nigerian time.

All the best!

Nairalander now in Ontario Canada!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
Squirrel01:

Please the school I want to apply to ,stated on their website that they do not accept study Gap of more than five years,which kind law is this ,
Shey from 2015 August I graduated till now February 2021 ,has it exceeded already?

It's not valid, it expired, July 2020
So, you can apply to other schools.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
Pls can anyone help with a response?

elizyous:
Good morning all

Please I need your input. I applied for my study visa on Feb 4th. I paid 150cad cuz I stated that I had been refused visiting visa before.

I now got a mail Feb 26th, asking that I pay an additional 85cad for biometrics. I paid same day and uploaded the receipt and no update till now.

Abeg, any reason why it took this long to ask that I pay for Biometrics, I have seen other peoples profile where they get message for bio within a week.

Also, pls whats the next step, do I wait to hear from them again before going for my Biometrics or should I go ahead and book an appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
boluslim:

Thank you for your response, I really I appreciate
Ok,

With the Education qualification in your degree, you have a Potential of becoming an Academia that is a Lecturer (it depends on you though if that's what u want).

Well, the choice is yours, if you are going for a thesis based MASTERS in Canada, most Universities will require you to get across to a Professor that his/her Research areas is related to yours, and to make it easier for you, it's best to look for professors that has research areas related to your research experience e.g your final year Project, field work, term paper etc.

See this link for details and guides on getting Masters Admission in Canada.
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

But all in all, the ball is in your court, only you can decide the one that fits you cos you know yourself much better in terms of ability and the area you are proficient at in Agric.

About looking for Job in Agric field in Canada after graduation, I heard that Saskatchewan province is a good destination for people in Agricultural related field.

You might want to ask about this on the
Living in Canada thread , you will get a Based in experience response from the members living in Canada on that thread, visit the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant

- I don't know if Masters Admission is still on for Fall (September 2021) session, members in house might be able to give you a response on that.

To be on a safer side, you can be projecting for next year SEPTEMBER 2022, cos most Masters programs begin classes by then, which means before September 2022, you must have gotten admission and your study visa approved before then.

YOU CAN AWAIT ADDITIONAL RESPONSE FROM THE Gurus & honorable members

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
elizyous:

Pls can anyone help with a response?

Please be patient. Hopefully by tomorrow or before this weekend they'd have updated it

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.