Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858535 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
elizyous:
Good morning all

Please I need your input. I applied for my study visa on Feb 4th. I paid 150cad cuz I stated that I had been refused visiting visa before.

I now got a mail Feb 26th, asking that I pay an additional 85cad for biometrics. I paid same day and uploaded the receipt and no update till now.

Abeg, any reason why it took this long to ask that I pay for Biometrics, I have seen other peoples profile where they get message for bio within a week.

Also, pls whats the next step, do I wait to hear from them again before going for my Biometrics or should I go ahead and book an appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
Thanks so much for the update.

Rootiab:
Please be patient. Hopefully by tomorrow or before this weekend they'd have updated it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Joyousgem: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
Queenmama03:
Please has anyone been invited for an online interview after applying for master's? I'm just wondering what to expect. I'll really appreciate your ideas. Thanks

Are you asking about universities conducting interviews before offering admission or IRCC conducting visa interviews for study permits?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
Queenmama03:
Please has anyone been invited for an online interview after applying for master's? I'm just wondering what to expect. I'll really appreciate your ideas. Thanks
Yes it happens alot, that's the method some Professors use to select their potential students

It's most time a good sign if a PROF invites you for an Online interview, the Prof. is interested in you and wants to know the ability of the student he wants to bring to his Lab, most especially if its a Funded MSC program (scholarship) or an MsC program that has a possibility to be funded.

So you have to be prepared and be at your best to go for this interview,

That bin said,

Check this out

SKYPE/ZOOM INTERVIEW WITH PROFESSOR

So, a Professor (PI) finally replied your email:-

“Hi, I'd like to chat with you to learn more about your interest”
Congratulations. This chat is for them to connect the dot, see if there’s a fit & whether you
will make a good candidate

The following content will give an overview of the meeting and some questions you
can/should ask the Professor to show research curiosity.

SO, LET'S GO.

1. The PROF gives a brief overview of the lab, him/herself, current and past research- Here, the
PI tells you everything you need to know (pertaining to the meeting).

2. Your turn- Please be specific. “I’m Adewale, my BSc was in Civil Engineering from Yakuza
Kamakuna University, for my research under the supervision of Dr. James, I focused on
nonlinearity of hydrological system & published in Elsevier journal or presented at DEF
conference”. I use MATLAB, & R for modeling.

3. You will be asked what your Research Questions are and what you want to study for
M.sc/Ph.D.- prepare something specific to say here. (They know it may/will change and just
hypothetical for now, but you need to show you both share similar questions).

4. If your research interest closely aligns (and the feeling is mutual), the PROF will ask why you
want to do Ph.D./M.Sc and why their lab- justify this with something substantial (your career
goal for example)

Now, you will be given the chance to ask questions-

Please you need to ask questions, and below are some questions you can ask PROF during an
interview (see disclaimer above please).

A. Nature of their current and future research
Will, there be a need for someone with your skills and background, will you be working on
existing projects or have to develop your own projects with the PROF

B. The PROF’S expectation of his/her graduate students.

C. PROF’S policy regarding publications with graduate students and after your M.sc/Ph.D.- in
particular, how many papers are you expected to have published from your research.

D. How long does it take, on average, for students to earn their Ph.D. degree there?

E. Funding (this might not be necessary because the PROF should have mentioned it, if not,
PLEASE ASK)

F. Past & current research (if not said before).

G. Are they open to another but similar study system, perhaps a similar project in another
continent (if you get funding)?

H. Resources available in the lab

I. Life in that city (especially, accommodation)
With the above questions, you have engaged the PROF., shown curiosity in what they do & shown you’re ready for the task ahead.

Members who have experience in this, would be able to give you their based on experienced tips and guides

Good luck!!!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
Anon123:

None...

Only a linked account can get this done, local and domiciliary accounts with dollar card for you dom account.

This allows a daily limit of $10,000.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
We’ve aligned grin
Royalty95:

Which school are you going to plz?
I sent a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
Frankspecia1:

Responses please

The system allows for payment, several cards were disabled when CBN brought for the daily limit on local card for foreign transactions or payments in foreign currency.

Be sure that your card is enabled for online transaction, if it is not, it won't go through.

You can get someone in Canada or with a domiciliary account to help with the payment.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
Hello House,

Please has anyone travelled to Canada in recent times whose port of entry is different from the final destination in Canada.

Did you book flight from Nigeria to your final destination, stay three days quarantine at port of entry then reschedule your connecting flight to your final destination in Canada or did you book flight going to port of entry e.g Toronto then book a connecting flight to e.g. Nova Scotia after quarantine?

The cost is quite significant, hence, I need some clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
Anyone with Medical appointment for next week but not ready for it yet? Please hit me up. I really need a date soon. In Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anndav(f): 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=Krissy01 post=99469370][/quote]

Sorry dear, God will help you find a way

But did you fill and sign the use of representative form

Or the agent acted for you as if you are the one applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
Dolex86:
Hello Ketima,
Which school are you applying to?

I have already applied to schools, gained Admission in 1 and waiting for 2 more. But the SOP am referring to for review is for study permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=tracy0803409 post=99446051][/quote]pls your candid advice family
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 3:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
Bebe123:

I am so sorry that this happened to you but you shall overcome it.

Please get a VERY GOOD IMMIGRATION LAWYER ASAP.

Also vet the lawyer and your new application in Nairaland as you move forward so if there is any error, you can be guided.

Pls don’t do this on your own. I think the 5year ban is too serious to be done on your own unless you can do a great job and it’s airtight.

There are legit immigration lawyers that you can access from CAnada to fight this claim.

DON’T GIVE UP.
IT WILL END IN PRAISE.
thanks for the advice but I don't know any legit immigration lawyer and I'm currently looking for one... Pls if you know anyone that could help, that would be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Anndav:

Sorry dear, God will help you find a way

But did you fill and sign the use of representative form

Or the agent acted for you as if you are the one applying
No I didn't sign any representative form. The agent definitely acted on my behalf do you know what I even find funny the most, its the fact that his telling me that he wants to try Cyprus so that I can go before April and I don't like Cyprus, I told him No so he's saying that he's done with my application that he would refund all my money that I should go and find another agent. After messing up my Application, he's now telling me this.... I'm so pissed rn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
Pls i need recommendation for schools offering PUBLIC HEALTH as per Graduate diploma

Gurus in the house,your inputs pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:
No I didn't sign any representative form. The agent definitely acted on my behalf do you know what I even find funny the most, its the fact that his telling me that he wants to try Cyprus so that I can go before April and I don't like Cyprus, I told him No so he's saying that he's done with my application that he would refund all my money that I should go and find another agent. After messing up my Application, he's now telling me this.... I'm so pissed rn
That agent dey mad. Sha, God dey. Some of this agents are rubbish. Same way one agent told me that if I go for pgd I won't get visa and if I apply for masters I wont get and he wants me to go for uk cause he would get his cut.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by boluslim: 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ok,

With the Education qualification in your degree, you have a Potential of becoming an Academia that is a Lecturer (it depends on you though if that's what u want).

Well, the choice is yours, if you are going for a thesis based MASTERS in Canada, most Universities will require you to get across to a Professor that his/her Research areas is related to yours, and to make it easier for you, it's best to look for professors that has research areas related to your research experience e.g your final year Project, field work, term paper etc.

See this link for details and guides on getting Masters Admission in Canada.
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

But all in all, the ball is in your court, only you can decide the one that fits you cos you know yourself much better in terms of ability and the area you are proficient at in Agric.

About looking for Job in Agric field in Canada after graduation, I heard that Saskatchewan province is a good destination for people in Agricultural related field.

You might want to ask about this on the
Living in Canada thread , you will get a Based in experience response from the members living in Canada on that thread, visit the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant

- I don't know if Masters Admission is still on for Fall (September 2021) session, members in house might be able to give you a response on that.

To be on a safer side, you can be projecting for next year SEPTEMBER 2022, cos most Masters programs begin classes by then, which means before September 2022, you must have gotten admission and your study visa approved before then.

YOU CAN AWAIT ADDITIONAL RESPONSE FROM THE Gurus & honorable members
Thank you
I don't want this thesis based course it seem like a long and stressful process. I want to pick a course and apply straight away (I don't know if I'm making sense but this is the best way I can express myself, pardon me please).

I will use the links you posted and if I have any further questions, I will post. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anndav(f): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:

Sorry, don't try Cyprus..is actually visa free for student and it's not really a good place there is no prospect dere, before trying anywhere else try to settle dis and clear ur name first

If you have filled the use of representative form it might have been easy to explain it was an error from ur representative and he will be the one facing fire from the error

So the only option is an immigration lawyer or consultant to look at ur case after you have put all your cards in the table

That agent actually messed things up for you , but there is no condition , no matter how bad that God can't take care of

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
PotentialNurse:

Everyone is advising her on how to explain wella, what possible explanation can she give in misrepresenting your mum’s name?

How did the agent come about the two names?
Wasn’t she the one that provided all the information the agent used?

Please, I know she is feeling bad already but she should own up to her mistake.

I am not telling her to explain. I am just saying and echoing what the letter states. Not my own statement.

I will not be the one to say she misrepresented information because I don’t know the person and I have no information other than what she posted.

She alone knows what she submitted, she alone knows if what she did is right or wrong.

I am just providing answers to the questions she asked in her very first post. The remaining is left in her hands to do as she deems fit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:

I'm really sorry about the situation you're in.

If you can, please get your money back.

You'll be getting a whole lot of help from here. I'm certain your issue is gonna be sorted out.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
Salientjoe:
Good day house,

To those who did Covid-19 test before boarding, Is there a way to know if the testing centre is accredited and the result would be accepted by the airline?

There are some Lagos state approved centers for testing.

Please see attached and kindly re confirm.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
Yteem:

There are some Lagos state approved centers for testing.

Please see attached and kindly re confirm.
Babe this pic you attached is blur ooo it's not clear!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
Does anyone know where I can get a good or legit immigration lawyer/consultant.pls it's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:
Instead of Cyprus there are better European countries you can face but will still be capital intensive and the processing of study permit I don't know how it's done in Nigeria here. Germany, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands at least those countries are good also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
PotentialNurse:

Everyone is advising her on how to explain wella, what possible explanation can she give in misrepresenting your mum’s name?

How did the agent come about the two names?
Wasn’t she the one that provided all the information the agent used?

Please, I know she is feeling bad already but she should own up to her mistake.
first of all I think you should know the full story before saying I should own up to my mistake am just 18 and an definitely not the only one running the application myself I needed help and someone told about this platform after all the deed have been done and I can't start telling my life history here, so I only told the part where I needed help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:
Does anyone know where I can get a good or legit immigration lawyer/consultant.pls it's urgent
Send mail to ANAMEKELE he used an immigration lawyer for his application he is on this thread send him a mail to give you their contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AKANLE2: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=glam12 post=99472704]Finally got my Passport back after about 4 weeks...
Timeline:
PPR: - 27th January,2020
Passport submission @VFS Abuja: - 28th January,2020
Passport return & LOI :- 25th February, 2020

I feel so relieved.
Mine was a tough wait. I hope nobody else has to wait that long.
The feeling of having the study permit is so surreal. Definitely worth the wait.

Good luck to everyone that is on this journey. Remember, What God cannot do does not exist!

quote author=glam12 post=98661562]THE LONGEST WAIT OF MY LIFE!
It can only be God!

Thanks to all the gurus! (I’m sorry, I can’t seem to remember their handles now)

I have been a silent member of this platform, but I must confess that I have benefited a lot; that is why my conscience have not allowed me to rest without coming back to share for the benefit of others, just like I was also blessed by others.
So, Permit me to share my testimony to inspire or boost someone’s hope.

• I started this journey in 2019, I started by doing a lot of research (Nairaland, etc.), university portals, websites, and all that
• Jan 2020 I travelled to my Nig uni to collect a student copy of my transcript and started applying for admission in Canada

Educational Qualifications and experience are as follows:
- B.Sc business Administration - 2004
- MBA (Human Resources) - 2014
- Total 15 years post graduate experience
- Recent experience: 5 years procurement role
- Preferred course of study - pgd Human Resources
- Canada institution - university of Winnipeg (fall - sept2020 intake)
- Conditional Acceptance letter - April 2020
• Visa application timeline:
Online Application submitted - June 14, 2020
• Documents: -
I created 7 folders and scanned all these documents into them:
Folder 1 - Study permit form (IMM ...)
Folder 2 - Data page; photocopy of previous visas. (Canada visitor visa 2019, Dubai 2015, China business tourist visa 2013) Note: all these visas were expired at the time of application
Folder 3- Letter of acceptance; Receipt of payment for school fees; MBA transcript; B.Sc transcript; A WELL WRITTEN SOP (notarized); CV; All educational certificates;
Folder 4- Financial support documents (Reference letter from bank; Bank statement for 4 months (Bal - about 10m); bank e-statement for 6 months; pay-slip, employment letter, study leave letter (note:I wrote and signed ball these office letters by myself even though I used valid contact phone no and informed my colleague); sigma pension reference letter; Narration of income letter; property offer letter (worth 30m but not fully paid for, included my receipt worth 8m); change of name documents; notarized convent letter from spouse; Narration of income letter ( as at middle March 2020 I maintained a balance of about 4m (inflow of about 20m within 3 months) then I lodged in the additional 4-6m within March to June when I submitted my application ( I tagged each payment with a narration - e.g, sale of car, sale of land, etc. )
Folder 5 - Digital passport
Folder 6 - Pre- medical (IOM); police certificate; biometric certificate (remember I had been issued a Canada visitor visa last year)
Folder 7: Family information form (IMM .....)

I would also like to state that I opted to use an agent, this is because I didn’t want my usual procrastination to delay me. I wanted someone to put me on my toes, but that even proved wrong as she was so relaxed, all he did was gave me a list of documents as seen above; I filled the forms myself, did all the paperwork myself; even SOP was written by self; after I sent the documents I was even the one putting pressure and asking... Have you submitted? Have you submitted?
Fast forward to...
AIP - August 5, 2020
Online classes - August 2020

The legendary wait started, Anxiety mixed with full time online school, full time job, etc. ‘mBe patient, No update!’’ was the only response I always get from the agent no matter the long message I type...lol it was frustrating not been able to access your application by yourself sha. The agent was also physically and worse still emotionally unavailable for me... lol
I am not discrediting any agent but personally I can say CONGRATS. CAN I GET PGD FINANCE ADMISSION IN UWINNIPEG WITH CGPA OF 2.6
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
awys:

Send mail to ANAMEKELE he used an immigration lawyer for his application he is on this thread send him a mail to give you their contact
ok thank u

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AKANLE2: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
CONGRATS. PLEASE CAN I GET PGD FINANCE ADMISSION IN UWINNIPEG WITH CGPA 2.6 BCS ACCOUNTING[quote author=glam12 post=99472704]Finally got my Passport back after about 4 weeks...
Timeline:
PPR: - 27th January,2020
Passport submission @VFS Abuja: - 28th January,2020
Passport return & LOI :- 25th February, 2020

I feel so relieved.
Mine was a tough wait. I hope nobody else has to wait that long.
The feeling of having the study permit is so surreal. Definitely worth the wait.

Good luck to everyone that is on this journey. Remember, What God cannot do does not exist!

quote author=glam12 post=98661562]THE LONGEST WAIT OF MY LIFE!
It can only be God!

Thanks to all the gurus! (I’m sorry, I can’t seem to remember their handles now)

I have been a silent member of this platform, but I must confess that I have benefited a lot; that is why my conscience have not allowed me to rest without coming back to share for the benefit of others, just like I was also blessed by others.
So, Permit me to share my testimony to inspire or boost someone’s hope.

• I started this journey in 2019, I started by doing a lot of research (Nairaland, etc.), university portals, websites, and all that
• Jan 2020 I travelled to my Nig uni to collect a student copy of my transcript and started applying for admission in Canada

Educational Qualifications and experience are as follows:
- B.Sc business Administration - 2004
- MBA (Human Resources) - 2014
- Total 15 years post graduate experience
- Recent experience: 5 years procurement role
- Preferred course of study - pgd Human Resources
- Canada institution - university of Winnipeg (fall - sept2020 intake)
- Conditional Acceptance letter - April 2020
• Visa application timeline:
Online Application submitted - June 14, 2020
• Documents: -
I created 7 folders and scanned all these documents into them:
Folder 1 - Study permit form (IMM ...)
Folder 2 - Data page; photocopy of previous visas. (Canada visitor visa 2019, Dubai 2015, China business tourist visa 2013) Note: all these visas were expired at the time of application
Folder 3- Letter of acceptance; Receipt of payment for school fees; MBA transcript; B.Sc transcript; A WELL WRITTEN SOP (notarized); CV; All educational certificates;
Folder 4- Financial support documents (Reference letter from bank; Bank statement for 4 months (Bal - about 10m); bank e-statement for 6 months; pay-slip, employment letter, study leave letter (note:I wrote and signed ball these office letters by myself even though I used valid contact phone no and informed my colleague); sigma pension reference letter; Narration of income letter; property offer letter (worth 30m but not fully paid for, included my receipt worth 8m); change of name documents; notarized convent letter from spouse; Narration of income letter ( as at middle March 2020 I maintained a balance of about 4m (inflow of about 20m within 3 months) then I lodged in the additional 4-6m within March to June when I submitted my application ( I tagged each payment with a narration - e.g, sale of car, sale of land, etc. )
Folder 5 - Digital passport
Folder 6 - Pre- medical (IOM); police certificate; biometric certificate (remember I had been issued a Canada visitor visa last year)
Folder 7: Family information form (IMM .....)

I would also like to state that I opted to use an agent, this is because I didn’t want my usual procrastination to delay me. I wanted someone to put me on my toes, but that even proved wrong as she was so relaxed, all he did was gave me a list of documents as seen above; I filled the forms myself, did all the paperwork myself; even SOP was written by self; after I sent the documents I was even the one putting pressure and asking... Have you submitted? Have you submitted?
Fast forward to...
AIP - August 5, 2020
Online classes - August 2020

The legendary wait started, Anxiety mixed with full time online school, full time job, etc. ‘mBe patient, No update!’’ was the only response I always get from the agent no matter the long message I type...lol it was frustrating not been able to access your application by yourself sha. The agent was also physically and worse still emotionally unavailable for me... lol
I am not discrediting any agent but personally I can say CONGRATS. CAN I GET PGD FINANCE ADMISSION IN UWINNIPEG WITH CGPA OF 2.6
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
awys:

Instead of Cyprus there are better European countries you can face but will still be capital intensive and the processing of study permit I don't know how it's done in Nigeria here. Germany, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands at least those countries are good also.
But the fact that the travel ban has been attached to my name isn't that going to affect my application to other countries?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Yteem:

I am not telling her to explain. I am just saying and echoing what the letter states. Not my own statement.

I will not be the one to say she misrepresented information because I don’t know the person and I have no information other than what she posted.

She alone knows what she submitted, she alone knows if what she did is right or wrong.

I am just providing answers to the questions she asked in her very first post. The remaining is left in her hands to do as she deems fit.
Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
Krissy01:
But the fact that the travel ban has been attached to my name isn't that going to affect my application to other countries?
The countries that shares information with CANADA are UK, USA, AUSTRALIA and NEWZEALAND so for now those countries I listed that you can try are good to go with

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90