Stats: 3,153,984 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (868310 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heroulo: 8:55am On Mar 30, 2021
Ketima:

Hello all,

Please if you're based in ph, where can one take the digital photo? Someone needs the info.

You can take it your self, or visit any photo studio to take passport and get the softcopy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2021
Heroulo:

You can take it your self, or visit any photo studio to take passport and get the softcopy

Woow. Really. thanks for that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Laraba083: 9:36am On Mar 30, 2021
Hello, I’ve been a silent reader here.

I got admission to University of Manitoba early last year for Fall 2020, that was April 2020.
I applied for a second degree program. I was doing all the application innocently cos that was my first application. I was just doing things the way I thought it was done didn’t follow any steps or guideline, only what IRCC stated on their website.
I think that kinda affected my application cos I submitted very late, anyway, I started the process late July and I submitted late September. I discovered this group late last year when I got NSE request.

I used my Uncle, mum’s brother as sponsor, I submitted just what I was asked, no extra. Though I added some certifications I had like entrepreneurial skills and professional courses, then SOP that was a final last minute addition.
My uncle only submitted a letter of introduction stating who he was and a letter of Sponsorship then his SOA.
So at a point I was so scared that I didn’t submit enough documents but I’m thankful for where I am at this point.

My Application Timeline goes thus,

- Applied : 24 September, 2020
- Biometrics Request: 25 September, 2020
- Biometrics done : 27 October, 2020 in Lagos
- Got NSE Request: 12 November, 2020
- NSE submitted: 10 December, 2020
-Medical request: 09 February, 2021
-Medicals done: 10 March, 2021
-Medicals Passed: 18 March, 2021
-PPR and BVL( Dropped around 5:30am or so, saw it when I woke up for Subhi): 23 March, 2021 submitted same day using Dhl, I sent it to Abuja and paid for two way courier.
Vfs got it the next day and sent it to IRCC immediately.
Counterfoil: 25 March, 2021
Passport was ready for pickup the same day, had to start calling Dhl again
LOI: 26 March, 2021
Dhl picked up on the same day, Friday
Got my passport on Monday, yesterday, 29th of March, 2021.

I’m really just grateful for the whole thing cos at a point I gave up and just continued with my life. But God did it for me after several fasting and prayers, Alhamdulillah.
My last resumption date is May 3, 2021 and I’m hoping to travel before then.
Though I have some questions.

Cos the way U of M is that you only pay for the courses you registered for, so do I have to pay tuition fee before I travel? And do I need an enrollment letter before I can travel. Also the SOA, showing proof of funds, should it be mine or my sponsors?

I need to know the exact documents I need to show at the airport here in Nigeria and also at the POE. Cos I really still don’t understand how the whole thing works.

Thank you

For everyone still hoping for their good news, I wish you all the best.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 9:47am On Mar 30, 2021
Laraba083:

I got admission to University of Manitoba early last year for Fall 2020, that was April 2020.
I applied for a second degree program. I was doing all the application innocently cos that was my first application. I was just doing things the way I thought it was done didn’t follow any steps or guideline, only what IRCC stated on their website.
I think that kinda affected my application cos I submitted very late, anyway, I started the process late July and I submitted late September. I discovered this group late last year when I got NSE request.

I used my Uncle, mum’s brother as sponsor, I submitted just what I was asked, no extra. Though I added some certifications I had like entrepreneurial skills and professional courses, then SOP that was a final last minute addition.
My uncle only submitted a letter of introduction stating who he was and a letter of Sponsorship then his SOA.
So at a point I was so scared that I didn’t submit enough documents but I’m thankful for where I am at this point.

-PPR and BVL( Dropped around 5:30am or so, saw it when I woke up for Subhi): 23 March, 2021 submitted same day using Dhl, I sent it to Abuja and paid for two way courier.

I’m really just grateful for the whole thing cos at a point I gave up and just continued with my life. But God did it for me after several fasting and prayers, Alhamdulillah.

Cos the way U of M is that you only pay for the courses you registered for, so do I have to pay tuition fee before I travel? And do I need an enrollment letter before I can travel. Also the SOA, showing proof of funds, should it be mine or my sponsors?

I need to know the exact documents I need to show at the airport here in Nigeria and also at the POE. Cos I really still don’t understand how the whole thing works.

Thank you

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 9:56am On Mar 30, 2021
Please throw more light on this

IboBoyNuel:

Yes. You still need to quarantine. Moreover, if you are travelling soon, I don't think it's wise to take the vaccine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 10:02am On Mar 30, 2021
Congrats on your application.

It is advisable to pay your fees before you travel and have a copy of your tuition receipt.

An enrollment letter is necessary as we have seen situations where people were refused access to their flight because of this, some school only gives you enrollment letter after you have registered for classes/paid tuition.

For the POF I will leave that to the gurus to assist you with that.

Laraba083:

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lyndaa22: 10:10am On Mar 30, 2021
Congratulation!!

Laraba083:

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 10:15am On Mar 30, 2021
Laraba083:

Thank you

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2021
Laraba083:

Thank you

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2021
Laraba083:

Thank you

congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iffylove: 10:37am On Mar 30, 2021
Congratulations....
Please what program are you going for in U of M
Laraba083:

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Funformofi: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2021
Funformofi:

Hello House, I'm a newbie and I have followed the Canada visa trend 17 and 18.
I must say I'm very impressed at the way information and support is given.

I am interested in migrating thru the study path. I have applied to Georgian college and awaiting their response.
I am a 40years old female, married with 3kids and have 17years work experience.

1, I really would like to how to package my application to include my children
2, Can I apply for my husband's visitor visa along with mine and the kids (I saw online that visitor visa takes 206 working days now)
I am applying for an advanced diploma in aviation......any downsides to this?

I really would appreciate your expertise and experience here. Thank you all
@baphil @justexcellent @frankbonn1

Can the guru's in the house help me out please. @frankrobnn1 @justMellow who else pls?

I appreciate you @shupy. Your response made me look at the course relevance again. However, I know that no 2 profile are the same.

@chilexeve thanks for flagging my question

Or is there a better way of getting to be a part of the forum and having your questions answered
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doree: 11:02am On Mar 30, 2021
Good morning all,

Gurus in the house abeg no waka pass me by. Will it raise a red flag if My sponsor transfers my living expenses at once to my account? Or will it be better to split the funds into three or four payments? Pls note that the funds will almost be the only tangible money in my own account lipsrsealed

Ps: he is transferring a sum previously fixed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Good evening house.
Please i am in need of a little assistance.

I have compiled different job adverts for a particular position on a doc/word document. I need to create a link that opens the file (the file contains 10 hyperlinks to ten different web pages) on my SOP.

NB: I know how to create a web link on word document but i have no idea on how to create a link that opens a word document that contains different web links.

Any idea how to do this please?

Hello house!
I asked this question yesterday but i have just learned how to do it.
In case you are having the same challenge, the website below helped me and i hope it helps you too...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.library.kent.edu/files/sms_harrison_webword.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwis4d6r3tfvAhXFSxUIHfWNA3sQFjACegQIEhAC&usg=AOvVaw2Jyz9V8diV_QhNFzmz08XL

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2021
Doree:
Good morning all,

Gurus in the house abeg no waka pass me by. Will it raise a red flag if My sponsor transfers my living expenses at once to my account? Or will it be better to split the funds into three or four payments? Pls note that the funds will almost be the only tangible money in my own account lipsrsealed

The later is better

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 11:27am On Mar 30, 2021
Hello again!

Please when explaining available fund for POF, is it advisable to get ones conversion using FX rate or black market rate?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2021
Ketima:

Hello all,

Please if you're based in ph, where can one take the digital photo? Someone needs the info.

Do you really need to go to a photo studio to take the photo? You surely can do it using a smartphone. This App can be of help.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Metari1: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Hello again!

Please when explaining available fund for POF, is it advisable to get ones conversion using FX rate or black market rate?

You can explain using the currency of the account i.e NGN, USD, EUR etc. They are familiar with understanding financial strength of different nationalities. I do not think they use black market rate to convert.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2021
thanks a lot. downloaded.

Uzomachukwu:

Do uou really need to go to a photo studio to take the photo? You surely can do it using a smartphone. This App can be of help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doree: 11:51am On Mar 30, 2021
Anon123:

The later is better

Can you give a probable timeline for like 4m sponsorship,
E.g 1m week 1
2m week 2
And the last 1 or 2m week 3.
Is that ok or should it extend into months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2021
Laraba083:

Thank you

Hearty congratulations, dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by taminat: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Hello again!

You can’t use black market rate. Try xe or oanda. Xe has a lower rate which may be prudent

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Doree:
Good morning all,

If your sponsor is legit, there surely is no need splitting the funds, so long as the source of the money is satisfactorily explanable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doree: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

If your sponsor is legit, there surely is no need splitting the funds, so long as the source of the money is satisfactorily explanable.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tiara97: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
Congratulations!!

Laraba083:

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
Congratulations

Laraba083:

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
yeah, I dont think there will be a need for splitting. with gift deed, affidavit of sponsorship, and letter of sponsorship and sponsor SOA can serve. my opinion though

Uzomachukwu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Hello again!

You can use the IRCC exchange rate. Google it and scroll to Nigeria.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good day NL,

Please, anyone who knows how payslip is been calculated should explain to me pls. So i can draft one for my application, i work in my parent’s company was was still advised to get payslip for the last 3months. I need the payslip for my application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by CuteCandy90: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
Please who has information on how to get a police character certificate here in Lagos?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ufodeking: 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, Please, is Canada borders open for fresh international students?

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100