Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (867987 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:14am On Mar 31, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Hello everyone , Is it compulsory i renew my passport that would expire by December b4 going for my biometrics?

Also , must I renew it at the exact state where I got it from?

Thanks.

You can go for your biometrics with the passport that would expire by December. You can renew the passport before the submission of your passport for visa issuance. More so, the passport can be renewed any part of the world, provided that its a Nigerian immigration office.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2021
Thanks so much, Sir Frankrobbn1.

Frankrobbn1:

1. No, payment of first year tuition fees is not a requirement prior to be considered for the NSE program.

2. Apparently, NSE request is automated. All applicants receives the request if their application package doesn't contain the required documents (IELTS and MyBank Statement certificate) for the program.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:19am On Mar 31, 2021
ozone00001:

Can a withdrawal request be cancelled?

If IRCC have acknowledged the receipt of your withdrawal request, it will be difficult for such request to be cancelled. However, if you've not received any of such email from them, you can send another message pleading that they should ignore the former withdrawal mail. Most often, this unavoidably leads to denial with flimsy reasons.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:23am On Mar 31, 2021
Funformofi:

Amen sir- It will indeed end in Praise.

I appreciate your response.
@shupy flagged the course and after checking again I think it's the best course to suit my present needs (in my mind oh)
Would you be kind enuf to assist in vetting my SOP (I wrote 2)? You can advise on which will impress the VO and also point out my gray areas.

As regards my family, I am totally up for the route you advised but I don't know how. Reading up success stories on NL has boosted my faith that it's possible.

Long story short, I need help.

I am experiencing a huge volume of enquiries and requests from prospective applicants. Unfortunately, I will not be available to review your letter at this time. I will appreciate if other trusted and knowledgeable gurus on this platform would help you with the vetting of your letters. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused you.

In the meantime, should you've any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here for the benefit of others and the betterment of this platform.

It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doree: 8:32am On Mar 31, 2021
My people, lemme ask o, in a situation where a sponsor fixed a certain sum and wants to transfer the whole sum to you, apart from the certificate, does he still need to show a six months banks statement?
Pls note the applicants statement showing receipt of the funds will be shown.

Please answer..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 8:40am On Mar 31, 2021
Thanks again boss.

I already applied for my own MBS and I got the code 2 weeks ago. Why I really don't feel upbeat about submitting it is because I only started building the account around August which is 8 months now & I have transactions in 7 digits all through these 8 months. As we all know MBS carries 12 months banking history, I am skeptical about the prior 4 months with very few transaction. Hope the VO won't consider the irregularities or sudden change in turnover?

But for my sponsor... No issues whatsoever.

So you suggest I do both or just his alone

Thanks

Frankrobbn1:

I believe your sponsor should have the highest volume of funds in his bank statement. You can provide his Mybank Statement Certificate for this purpose. Since you omitted some documents during the submission of your application, you're absolutely free to attached those documents with the requested information.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Vickglam: 8:41am On Mar 31, 2021
You read that right, it at advantage for you now
if you can complete your study online
in your home country and still qualify
for up to 3 years work permit in Canada.

Before now, you had to have your full study
physically in Canada to qualify for
a post grad work permit.

However due to the pandemic it was reviewed
to having half of the study duration online
and the remainder physically in Canada.

But this have been further reviewed to
having the full study online, and still
qualify for Post Grad work permit.

This is good news for you because,
that removes living cost and feeding cost
from your funding requirement.

And in this time where Canada is approving
study visa for Nigerians, its time to take action.
But note that the study must be
in Designated Learning Institutes(DLI).

DLI, are institutions accredited by the Canadian
government to accept international students.
Not all schools can accept international students
at the same time accepts students without IELTS
exams.

Is this true?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:47am On Mar 31, 2021
Drhay:

Please i have this question as to after studies, canadian government give PGWP for 1year if course taken is 1year (PG CERT), but give PGWP for 3years when course taken is 2years. My question is,

1. How do one go about getting PG CERT for 2years cos most one ive seen is 1year

2. Please have been curious is there a way for getting funding or student loan ?

3. How does CRS, ITA and Nomination work after study.

Sorry for my dumb questions i just felt as a new bee i should plan ahead of time..

1. Most Post Graduate Certificate Programs have 1 year duration. Unless some few courses with 2 years. You can apply with the 1 year duration program and at the completion of your studies, you can apply for study permit extension within Canada to pursue another 1 year program. This will make you eligible for 3 years PGWP after studies.

2. There are no student loan or funding for post graudate certificate programs.

3. Upon the completion of your studies in Canada, you will be awarded a Canadian degree which increases your CRS score to dive into the Express Entry pool. In addition to your work experience in Nigeria and a good IELTS/CELPIP score, you will be given an ITA. On the other hand, you can also qualify to apply for PR under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) if your one or two years Canadian work experience falls under the NOC Skill Level 0, NOC Skill Level A or NOC Skill Level B.

I hope this information is helpful to your enquiry

It will end in praise

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nickisindigo(m): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Your chances are good at securing a study visa to Canada. However, It's important that you should prepare your application in accordance with the Canadian immigration regulations and manuals for the visa officer's review. The sponsor of your study abroad also plays a pivotal role in your case file and the reasons for opting to study in Canada considering the local options available in your home country.

It will end in praise

Thanks brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2021
Laraba083:
Hello, I’ve been a silent reader here.

I got admission to University of Manitoba early last year for Fall 2020, that was April 2020.
I applied for a second degree program. I was doing all the application innocently cos that was my first application. I was just doing things the way I thought it was done didn’t follow any steps or guideline, only what IRCC stated on their website.
I think that kinda affected my application cos I submitted very late, anyway, I started the process late July and I submitted late September. I discovered this group late last year when I got NSE request.

I used my Uncle, mum’s brother as sponsor, I submitted just what I was asked, no extra. Though I added some certifications I had like entrepreneurial skills and professional courses, then SOP that was a final last minute addition.
My uncle only submitted a letter of introduction stating who he was and a letter of Sponsorship then his SOA.
So at a point I was so scared that I didn’t submit enough documents but I’m thankful for where I am at this point.

My Application Timeline goes thus,

- Applied : 24 September, 2020
- Biometrics Request: 25 September, 2020
- Biometrics done : 27 October, 2020 in Lagos
- Got NSE Request: 12 November, 2020
- NSE submitted: 10 December, 2020
-Medical request: 09 February, 2021
-Medicals done: 10 March, 2021
-Medicals Passed: 18 March, 2021
-PPR and BVL( Dropped around 5:30am or so, saw it when I woke up for Subhi): 23 March, 2021 submitted same day using Dhl, I sent it to Abuja and paid for two way courier.
Vfs got it the next day and sent it to IRCC immediately.
Counterfoil: 25 March, 2021
Passport was ready for pickup the same day, had to start calling Dhl again
LOI: 26 March, 2021
Dhl picked up on the same day, Friday
Got my passport on Monday, yesterday, 29th of March, 2021.

I’m really just grateful for the whole thing cos at a point I gave up and just continued with my life. But God did it for me after several fasting and prayers, Alhamdulillah.
My last resumption date is May 3, 2021 and I’m hoping to travel before then.
Though I have some questions.

Cos the way U of M is that you only pay for the courses you registered for, so do I have to pay tuition fee before I travel? And do I need an enrollment letter before I can travel. Also the SOA, showing proof of funds, should it be mine or my sponsors?

I need to know the exact documents I need to show at the airport here in Nigeria and also at the POE. Cos I really still don’t understand how the whole thing works.

Thank you

For everyone still hoping for their good news, I wish you all the best.

HAPPY FOR YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adejoju1: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You can check University of New Brunswick. Try it and thank me later.

It will end in praise
Thank you very much for your reply, the issue is my 2.2,what graduate diploma will you advice i go for first,cause it seems my 2.2 cant get me in a master degree in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2021
ooa1st:
Frankrobbn1, thank you bossman.

Like you rightly said, I attached my English test result but used a regular bank statement not MBS, the request letter I got this morning only asked for MBS, no IELTS.

My main concern is, should I get MBS from myself and my sponsor or that of my sponsor alone is sufficient?

Note, I already submitted a regular bank statement of 6 months.

Also can I add a document that wasn't requested to the MBS & upload together (I omitted employer intro letter and death certificate of my dad).

Thanks once again (please anyone with idea can help address the concerns raised.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE

Great. Please when did you apply?. What date this month?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by richieboy1994: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2021
Which how can one get scholarship to study MS program at any University in Canada. Please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2021
I applied 25th of this month

Legacyedition:

Great. Please when did you apply?. What date this month?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oppsonn: 9:57am On Mar 31, 2021
Hello NL,

Please what are the chances of getting visa of someone of 35 that want to apply for second undegraduate degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2021
ooa1st:
I applied 25th of this month

Wawu. That's fast.... Knack them the documents abeg make them that eligibility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babynkem: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2021
slyfran6:

Does my CRS score matter?
I took the mock test and my score came out 431.
Is that a good or poor score?
I am yet to formally start the express entry application though.
Also, how much would I require to show as proof of funds if things worked out? Would I need to have it stacked up?
I don't have a master's degree and I'm not very inclined to further education.
I have the best global certifications relevant to my career and which are relevant in Canada.
I have close to 3 years working experience in information security. How is PNP done?
Will PNP increase my express entry chances?

Your CRS matter.
Best is PNP if your job is in demand in the province you applied to. Although some province pick from the pool. When picked, it increases your chance of getting your PR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2021
Please I need your help. Please and please. I just got my PhD offer letter from University of Alberta for fall 2021.
1) I will need help to review my SOP.

2)Also how would you advise. My statement of account just got 'busy' and I don't have funding letter yet from the school. My supervisor said the grant she is expecting will be coming around May or June.

3) Should I wait till June to apply. I intend to use NSE. I have IELTS already but I don't have upto the 30kCAD. Please help me out.

I will appreciate your email so I can discuss further.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omalinze: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2021
Omalinze:

In a sane world, this is how short everyone's application timeline should be, if not shorter. But this life no balance at all. Hence some applications seem to take ages while others take just a few weeks.

So my eligibility finally started on the 26th of February, that's exactly one month after I submitted my application. God's grace I pray.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bosede24: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2021
SweetJJ:
Please I need your help. Please and please. I just got my PhD offer letter from University of Alberta for fall 2021.
1) I will need help to review my SOP.

2)Also how would you advise. My statement of account just got 'busy' and I don't have funding letter yet from the school. My supervisor said the grant she is expecting will be coming around May or June.

3) Should I wait till June to apply. I intend to use NSE. I have IELTS already but I don't have upto the 30kCAD. Please help me out.

I will appreciate your email so I can discuss further.
congratulations...I also applied to University of Alberta and since January have not heard anything from them. Please when do you apply?. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 11:40am On Mar 31, 2021
Please I need help ����. Someone please answer me. I am a newbie here. But I have read and read a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 11:42am On Mar 31, 2021
Bosede24:
congratulations...I also applied to University of Alberta and since January have not heard anything from them. Please when do you apply?. Thanks

I applied since October last year. Got the admission letter March 16th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 11:53am On Mar 31, 2021
Hi guys,
Can someone help me out with a school with affordable tuition for MBA.
Asking for a friend.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2021
Omalinze:

So my eligibility finally started on the 26th of February, that's exactly one month after I submitted my application. God's grace I pray.
Yours is better my eligibility review started March 4 2021 after sending webform and mails. Medical and Biometrics was completed November 20 and 23rd. GCSMs note requested last week . Still waiting for response from IRCC and GCSMs Note. 12th week attending lectures online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2021
ericksen:
Hi guys,
Asking for a friend.
Thank you

Try memorial university of newfoundland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Popoolabolu(m): 11:56am On Mar 31, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

I don't think visa officer cares about the age once the school that supposed to care about it grants you admission.

Thanks for your reply. I sincerely appreciate.
Like i stated earlier, I am currently having issues with the proof of funds thingy with respect to the visa processing. Agents i have met are demanding for about ₦300k for the proof of funds/sponsorship letter.
That's the point i am currently stuck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2021
ericksen:
Hi guys,
Asking for a friend.
Thank you

https://www.business.mun.ca/graduate/mba/mba-tuition-fees.php
Check Memorial University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Popoolabolu:

Thanks for your reply. I sincerely appreciate.
Like i stated earlier, I am currently having issues with the proof of funds thingy with respect to the visa processing. Agents i have met are demanding for about ₦300k for the proof of funds/sponsorship letter.
That's the point i am currently stuck
Some would say 300-400k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ILoveDLord(m): 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
I will not like to argue about your point.

But the good thing is, just like you said, police certificate is not even compulsory for study visa application.

olalekan9320:
No, Nigeria PCC is valid for only three months if you are in Nigeria

Yes, it's forever and not even one year if you have left the country when you received it

For example, Mr A got his Nigeria PCC in Oct 2020 and want to use it to apply in March while still in Nigeria, no, not possible

Mr B got his Nigeria PCC in Oct 2020 while in Canada(or anywhere outside Nigeria) the PCC is valid as long as he doesn't return to Nigeria even though 3 months is stated on it.

Note: not a regular on this thread so speaking from FSW point of view and to the best of my knowledge PCC isn't compulsory for study visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by drhammed: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Fully-funded MSc Position at University of Ottawa, Canada.

Suitable for students with background (& interest) in Bioinformatics, entomology, molecular techniques (e.g. DNA extractions, PCR), ecological theory, & scripting

Please Apply

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1377151062340116480?s=21

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.