Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861462 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ATHIBAT: 3:16am On Apr 11, 2021
Please who else since last hear September 2020, applied for visa and have completed everything, passed medicals since February this year, submitted NSE February this year, and status is writing submitted since February till date!

Could someone please help with a format of writing a Web form?

Am I alone in this? Coz I'm actually tired.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 3:45am On Apr 11, 2021
Good morning my people.

Asking for a friend please:

Please links to schools with [/b]postgraduate diploma on film production or business related courses with reasonably low fees[b].

Thank you as always.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 4:40am On Apr 11, 2021
elizyous:
@Frankrobbin

Please I was asking if its a good sign from the embassy as I got a request to send mybankstatement again yesterday. I applied on Feb 4th with all NSE requirements.

Pls respond

I think they are already on feb 4th

My application was submitted feb 14th and eligibility has started already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 5:15am On Apr 11, 2021
Kkddyit:

Congratulations. Please can you share her timeline including that of your daughter.

Thank you very much.

Thanks guys . . .

I applied for my study permit on 15th of October 2020
Got my PPR 5th of Jan
Travelled to Canada on the 18th of Feb
Applied for visiting visa for hubby and daughter on the 5th of March
Got their approval on the 29th of March (Hubby missed the email so we just found out yesterday)
PS: I applied for visiting visa for hubby because he will be returning to Nigeria after bringing my daughter. Otherwise a SOWP is the right application for those who want to stay.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 6:38am On Apr 11, 2021
letskeeptalking:

Thanks guys . . .

Got my PPR 5th of Jan
Got their approval on the 29th of March (Hubby missed the email so we just found out yesterday)
PS: I applied for visiting visa for hubby because he will be returning to Nigeria after bringing my daughter. Otherwise a SOWP is the right application for those who want to stay.

The visiting visa was so fast, I've heard SOWP takes a longer time, is this true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:47am On Apr 11, 2021
ATHIBAT:
Please who else since last hear September 2020, applied for visa and have completed everything, passed medicals since February this year, submitted NSE February this year, and status is writing submitted since February till date!

Since your Application has exceeded Standard Processing time ,

Do this ASAP,

How to send Webforms & Mails to IRCC offices if your application has EXCEEDED STANDARD/NORMAL PROCESSING TIME (With Message Body Sample)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/473#95627040

Also check this (with message body sample),
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#98846426
Credits :awys

Email address of other IRCC offices you can send your mails to
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/6#97288992

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2021
Baphil:
Good morning my people.

Asking for a friend please:

Please links to schools with [/b]postgraduate diploma on film production or business related courses with reasonably low fees[b].

Thank you as always.

Good morning

For Film Production PG programs, your friend should do a thorough google search on this

PG. Cert, Advanced Television and Film – Script to Screen
Centennial College, Toronto, ONTARIO

PG. Cert, Advanced Television And Film
Sheridan College, Oakville, ONTARIO

PG. Cert, Multimedia Storytelling
Mohawk College, ONTARIO

PG. Cert, Documentary & Non-Fiction Media Production
Seneca College, ONTARIO

FOR Business related PG programs,

Your friend should see the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/644#96730373

About reasonable low fees, I don't know your definition of that, but your friend should be having like $15,000 CAD upward to study a PG program in Colleges.

Your Friend should take his/her time and google the above programs, visit their respective websites to see their tuition amount for international students so as to know the ones that is within his/her budget

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ATHIBAT: 8:00am On Apr 11, 2021
Thanks I appreciate.

I want to ask thus for a friend. She did her medicals in February and she was asked to do it again, that is the TB test, and the hospital told her until May before she gets a feedback on the result, that is like 10 weeks...is that normal?

Lekiboboe:

Since your Application has exceeded Standard Processing time ,

Do this ASAP,

How to send Webforms & Mails to IRCC offices if your application has EXCEEDED STANDARD/NORMAL PROCESSING TIME (With Message Body Sample)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/473#95627040

Also check this (with message body sample),
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#98846426
Credits :awys

Email address of other IRCC offices you can send your mails to
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/6#97288992
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by biolaowo(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2021
I couldn’t receive your mail. You can send me at biolaowoche@gmail.com
Uzomachukwu:

Your last sentence, just what I was about to say.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tiara97: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2021
So sorry, when did you get NSE request?

ATHIBAT:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2021
Hieveryone, can MBS be used as bank statement for pof?
Or one would use normal bank statement and then submit MBS when they get NSE request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2021
Please I have a question, is letter of introduction from employer necessary. Especially if you have a sponsor and your job or salary would contribute in no way to funding your studies. Would one still need to get a letter of introduction?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 8:59am On Apr 11, 2021
Hello everyone, for the upfront medicals needed as an NSE requirements. When is the appropriate time to go for the medicals? Is it before submitting the study permit application or after submitting it before you get the NSE request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TradeSunMoore: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2021
ATHIBAT:
Thanks I appreciate.

I want to ask thus for a friend. She did her medicals in February and she was asked to do it again, that is the TB test, and the hospital told her until May before she gets a feedback on the result, that is like 10 weeks...is that normal?

Yes. The sputum test is for 8-10 weeks. After the 10 weeks your friend may also be required to do a final X-ray a months after for final clearance. (i.e 3 months after the sputum sample )

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by nickvanilla(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2021
Wow! This thread has been so enlightening, but there's something I've been thinking about.

It seems a candidate with 2:2 at undergraduate level stands a good chance of getting study permit/visa with a certificate program admission, compared to 2:1 candidate.

With a 2:1 you qualify for admission into Master's. So to the Visa Officer, why not go for a Master's instead of a certificate program that will most likely cost more.

Or am I wrong?

@ Lekiboboe please help me here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by biolaowo(m): 9:33am On Apr 11, 2021
please i can't access the mail i used to register, can you mail me on biolaowoche@gmail.com
englois:

Send me a mail instead
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2021
demure178:

I think they are already on feb 4th

My application was submitted feb 14th and eligibility has started already
Please, how do one know when the eligibility has started,cause mine is like 'your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2021
Happy sunday to you all. Please can i use my pension contribution statement as part of Statement to submit to show POF or home-tie as a sponsor( not main applicant)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 9:53am On Apr 11, 2021
Good morning every one I have a few questions to ask and I’ll appreciate if I can get a response.

Now my question goes thus.
Myself and my cousin applied for study permit visa. She applied January ending and did her biometrics 2nd of February I applied February 13th and gave my biometrics 18th February she was called for Medicals exactly 30days after her biometrics she booked appointment and gave her biometrics on 31st of March and yesterday her biometrics was updated to pass.
Although we used same sponsor who happens to be her dad. I am their cousin and have been with them for 15years.
What do gurus in the house think might be the reason for the delay from IRCC is it the fact that we both used same sponsor or resumption time, because she is to resume may. While mine is still September or it’s just the normal way IRCC operate. Maybe my file was given to a slow visa officer. Am just tired of waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adekolagreat(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2021
Good morning people, such a long time I was here.

I have been going through the forum in search of landing gist. Abeg, is there anyone who traveled recently, please come narrate your experience so we know how to prepare for ours especially with this plenty restrictions. Meanwhile, who is traveling this month, let's know how we can work together.

Success to those still expecting... gbogbowa la ma je breakfast.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2021
Another New Week. IRCC, Abeg na.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyIE: 10:11am On Apr 11, 2021
Good day fam!! I intend applying for a study permit if given admission. But I would like to know my chances of getting a visa as I am married with two kids ages 1 and 3. I was denied study visa twice in 2017. I got admission to study MBA back then but my BSc is in chemistry. Now I intend applying for a course related to my first degree. But my major issue is getting a visa and also my kids accompanying me. Although they’re both US citizens. Your response and advice would be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 10:15am On Apr 11, 2021
[quote author=Theboysquare1 post=100690532]Good morning every one I have a few questions to ask and I’ll appreciate if I can get a response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 10:54am On Apr 11, 2021
letskeeptalking:

Thanks guys . . .

Got my PPR 5th of Jan

Please I also intend to do this after I land. Does it mean ur daughter will be on visitor's permit in canada or can it be converted to study permit for the duration of your own studies too?
Also,does it mean only one's spouse can bring the kids? What of if I decide I prefer my mum cos honestly dunno how soon my hubby will tidy his business and job here to come over and I want the kids to come asap when I land.
Kindly shed more light on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 11:03am On Apr 11, 2021
Theboysquare1:

Although there was more than enough money for funding us two, after paying our fees in full. Our sponsor also transferred 10million to our account each. So we provided his account and our as proof of fund each. So I still don’t understand the reason for delaying my own application
Don't overthink it. There are people that submitted before your cousin and are yet to know the outcome of their application. That doesn't mean they won't get study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2021
nickvanilla:
Wow! This thread has been so enlightening, but there's something I've been thinking about.

It seems a candidate with 2:2 at undergraduate level stands a good chance of getting study permit/visa with a certificate program admission, compared to 2:1 candidate.

With a 2:1 you qualify for admission into Master's. So to the Visa Officer, why not go for a Master's instead of a certificate program that will most likely cost more.

Or am I wrong?

@ Lekiboboe please help me here.
To bolded, to some extent YES

For Academic/Career/Logical sake, it is expected of a 2.1 graduate to go for a Masters, but there are 2.1 graduates in this thread who got a PG.Cert admission and got their Study Visa Approved.

If you have a 2.1 and you want to go for a PG. Cert, you have to show cogent reasons in a convincing manner on your SOP why you are going for a PG. Cert instead of a Masters Degree.

Also, a 2.1 graduate can go for a PG. Cert if his/her work experience is not related to the degree he/she had a 2.1 in. Which means this person is going for a PG.Cert program related to his/her Work experience.

To me, Financial Implication (cost) of a program is not an excuse for an Applicant to go for a Program that is cheap despite having a good grade (2.1).

Take a look at this illustration....

Nnena has a 2.1 and applied for a PG. Cert, and her reason for going for PG. Cert is cos she's not financially capable to go for an M.SC, a Visa officer might not likely be satisfied with such excuse, cos a Visa Officer will expect Nnena to be financial ready to go for a Graduate SCH before applying for Study Visa (DUE DILIGENCE)

I will leave he mic to the gurus & other HONORABLES for more inputs on this 2.1 going for PG. Cert Saga smiley

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2021
[quote author=Theboysquare1 post=100690532]Good morning every one I have a few questions to ask and I’ll appreciate if I can get a response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bollybeejay: 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
letskeeptalking:

Thanks guys . . .

Got my PPR 5th of Jan
Can you share your number?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyIE: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
Can someone please advise?
LadyIE:
Good day fam!! I intend applying for a study permit if given admission. But I would like to know my chances of getting a visa as I am married with two kids ages 1 and 3. I was denied study visa twice in 2017. I got admission to study MBA back then but my BSc is in chemistry. Now I intend applying for a course related to my first degree. But my major issue is getting a visa and also my kids accompanying me. Although they’re both US citizens. Your response and advice would be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
LadyIE:
Can someone please advise?
only the visa officer can determine that based on your situation and your application packaging.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayinka1981: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please when is the best time to submit a study application for winter 2022.
Then secondly, i need contact details of Frank. Pls reach out to me. Mine is 08059762799 Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
Admin9:
Another New Week. IRCC, Abeg na.

This week is our week of celebration!

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51