Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (866516 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iphiegrace(f): 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Please who has changed school after getting a study permit?
At what point can one change school?
Do you need a fresh study permit when you change school?
Experience in this regard will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Dolex86:
Hello Spectro... Did u apply via NSe or did u get NSE request letter?
Btw...I submitted a day after u

I got NSE request letter. I submitted that same day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Subbyshal(f): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
Royalty95:

Abeg Wetin person fit carry go Help me with suggestions?

Take your cloths, shoes, bags, wigs, extensions, makeup, skincare products, universal adapter, charger, phone case, powerbank, earplugs, drugs(like aboniki, paracetamol, vitamins, felvin/ibuprofen etc)

Food: No vegetables, No dairy, No meat, No gala, No ponmo.

But you can take Fish(make sure its dried well), seasoning, garri, poundo yam, snail, grinded pepper, if you are taking liquid( seal it well), Indomie etc.

Note: All these things can be bought over there, they are just more expensive or not palatable to us yet till we get used to it (like their milk, I hate it)

So you don't have to carry everything and you can also cargo to avoid excess luggage at the airport and just carry the things cargo won't be able to take.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
Spectro:

I submitted my application a few days before you did (11th March)

Biometrics was given on 15th March.

Medical request letter hasn't been sent yet. But eligibility review started on 29th March.

I've gotten three ghost updates since then, but it's difficult to tell if they are pointers or just mere glitches.

I submitted January still haven't gotten medical request bro, be patient bruv.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
ozone00001:

I submitted January still haven't gotten medical request bro, be patient bruv.

If you are in a hurry, then go and do upfront medicals
It’s an option

Meant for the March 2021 applicant guy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
marcelonwa:

It’s an option

� did you read my post? Cause if you did you would see I am trying to tell you that, I submitted January before you did and still haven't gotten. So you should be patient with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phrank1222:

Abeg should I be hopeful for medical request this month? Because one month come be like 1 year for me.

You never see anything o. Just focus your mind on something else and keep yourself busy to avoid anxiety

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
Subbyshal:

Take your cloths, shoes, bags, wigs, extensions, makeup, skincare products, universal adapter, charger, phone case, powerbank, earplugs, drugs(like aboniki, paracetamol, vitamins, felvin/ibuprofen etc)

But you can take Fish(make sure its dried well), seasoning, garri, poundo yam, snail, grinded pepper, if you are taking liquid( seal it well), Indomie etc.

Note: All these things can be bought over there, they are just more expensive or not palatable to us yet till we get used to it (like their milk, I hate it)

So you don't have to carry everything and you can also cargo to avoid excess luggage at the airport and just carry the things cargo won't be able to take.

Thank you so much... I will miss my indomie sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Subbyshal(f): 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Royalty95:

Thank you so much... I will miss my indomie sad

Lol, don't worry there are different types there, so you can take the one you like in Naija and just keep it for special occasions. Onion Indomie is 20CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
childgodly:
Hi everyone,
I have a little problem.
It seems that First Bank is not among the banks recognized to give the mybank statement, but my funds are coming from that account.
How can I work around this problem when applying for NSE
Hello
I just got 2 different mybankstatements from Ota branch of first bank last week
You could go to another branch or talk to a reasonable person at your bank about getting the ticket ID
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chasemaduka: 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
HELP!! HELP!!

Can i get admitted for a master degree program in a Canadian University with a 3.0 GPA in Political science?

If yes, can someone help with schools and link where I can apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
marcelonwa:

It’s an option

I am sure there's been a mistake regarding your post. Maybe if you look through the thread, you will fathom the preceding conversations.

The OP is not too familiar with what is happening. I was trying to reassure him/her because I have not gotten medical request myself.

The other person you quoted has a worrisome case and therefore has every reason to be worried.

I am sure you misjudged as a result of oversight.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hello guys, did anyone apply to Western University(University of Western Ontario) for Fall 2021 and has gotten an admission decision?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
childgodly:
Hi everyone,
I have a little problem.
It seems that First Bank is not among the banks recognized to give the mybank statement, but my funds are coming from that account.
How can I work around this problem when applying for NSE
Try this

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/506#100735214
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by base83: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
Good evening everyone, I need information on payment for the visa application fee.
Gtbank is declining the transaction saying 235 CAD is more than the limit allowed
Is this the same with other bank cards or just GTB.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
ozone00001:

� did you read my post? Cause if you did you would see I am trying to tell you that, I submitted January before you did and still haven't gotten. So you should be patient with them.

I am sure it was an oversight.

Since you haven't gotten medical request, I think you should send an email to IRCC, with the hope that this may expedite the process. While this is your fourth month, and there are people who get their final decisions in the sixth month, I still advise you send an email to IRCC.

But you shouldn't be too worried about this since it has not exceeded the 20 weeks standard processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
base83:
Good evening everyone, I need information on payment for the visa application fee.
Gtbank is declining the transaction saying 235 CAD is more than the limit allowed
Is this the same with other bank cards or just GTB.

You can't pay with Naira card. Naira card is limited to 100 Dollars. You can either pay via Dollar card or you ask someone abroad to pay for you.

Please endeavour to read many of the posts from previous pages. You will find that most of these issues/enquiries have been resolved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
Subbyshal:

Lol, don't worry there are different types there, so you can take the one you like in Naija and just keep it for special occasions. Onion Indomie is 20CAD

20 CAD is kinda expensive sha. Is this 20 CAD for just a piece or a pack?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
This first bank mbs mata , what about us wey don send account statement like that unko con follow with letter say dem no dey operate the service.. make we com dey fear naw abi watin?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
This first bank mbs mata , what about us wey don send account statement like that unko con follow with letter say dem no dey operate the service.. make we com dey fear naw abi watin?

The purpose of the MBS system is to ascertain the veracity and genuineness of the bank statement. If you are sending a letter along with your bank statement, it still won't compare. It may work, though- I don't know.

The best thing is for the bank to send the bank statement directly to IRCC on your behalf. That way, they will know it's coming directly from the bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Keren12: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
It has been like that oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Keren12: 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
[Yes but decided to gi through the normal routequote author=BaaleOfOntario post=100863774]Did you get nse request? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kayyyy:

Lol.... my parents have been shouting about extra luggage for the last 3 weeks when I show them my list. I’ll have to take them in small quantities then.
You’re lucky you’re on low cut

You can reduce your load from other items that are not compulsory you carry or can easily be gotten in Canada then spread the foodstuff between two bags to reduce the weight. The truth is you need your foodstuffs.

Another option is going with your load as it is and paying for extra luggage at the airport if your parents agree. You can take your food in small quantities as planned if you have explored other options in reducing the weight of your luggage.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
ozone00001:

It appears the two of you had the same issue of oversight.

Thank God it's been resolved.

Anyway, medical request can be as quick as a month after application and as long as eight months. On average, it's 4 months.

In the 4th month, applicants should start being proactive. In other words, applicants should start sending email or webform to IRCC if they do not get any response in the fourth month.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RahmaMohammed: 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hello everyone! Is there anyone applying to study in Canada and travel with their kids? I am filling my forms and there is a requirement for letter of acceptance from a school to apply for study permit for the kids too. I thought I will find them a school once I get there. The IRCC website says

"Minor children before entering Canada
Minor children who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who already have a valid study or work permit.

If they’re coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, they don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when they apply for a study permit.

Before your minor child travels to Canada, make sure their DLI is on the list of those with approved COVID-19 readiness plans. They won’t be able to enter Canada if their DLI isn’t on this list"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Ontario is presently on lockdown. For those of you who are traveling to Canada, it's essential you acquaint yourself with news regarding ongoing events in Canada, so that you won't be caught unawares.

I really don't know how this decision will impact air-travel and quarantine laws. You may want to stay abreast of the news.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Drhay: 12:10am On Apr 18, 2021
Please urgent question to the boss in the house, my brother had HND and now doing is PGD (about to finish).

Can he go for a masters degree or phd in canada

Does he needs to verify his result and which would he verify ? HND or PGD cert or both ?

Is there an head for funding irrespective of doing Msc or Phd ?

Please id be glad if its been justify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 12:14am On Apr 18, 2021
Subbyshal:

no powdered milk allowed ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 12:22am On Apr 18, 2021
Drhay:
Please urgent question to the boss in the house, my brother had HND and now doing is PGD (about to finish).

Can he go for a masters degree or phd in canada

Does he needs to verify his result and which would he verify ? HND or PGD cert or both ?

Is there an head for funding irrespective of doing Msc or Phd ?

Please id be glad if its been justify

Since your brother is about to earn a PGD, the next step is masters degree.

No verification of result is required. He merely needs to have his academic transcripts.

If he has both transcripts for HND and PGD, then he can attach both while applying for student visa.

He can attach all the transcripts he has... Anything to satiate the immigration officers.

With a PGD, the next step is a Masters program. If he wants to go into research work (Mresearch), he may find funding. Otherwise, it's hard finding funding in Canada for course work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Subbyshal(f): 12:40am On Apr 18, 2021
Spectro:

20 CAD is kinda expensive sha. Is this 20 CAD for just a piece or a pack?

A pack and it goes higher depending on the store
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Subbyshal(f): 12:41am On Apr 18, 2021
Rootiab:
no powdered milk allowed ??

It's not allowed. If you cargo tho, some cargo companies help people ship it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chasemaduka: 12:50am On Apr 18, 2021
[It is like in this place you people reply only to people you know. E be like say here don turn Facebook quote author=Chasemaduka post=100888860]HELP!! HELP!!

Can i get admitted for a master degree program in a Canadian University with a 3.0 GPA in Political science?

If yes, can someone help with schools and link where I can apply?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57