Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861561 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dishydens(f): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
oluwabishop:

Use CIBC, it will take between 7-10 business days. You fill the form A with your bank and they will move the funds to CIBC who will in turn confirm the payment and settle same into the school account, after which your payment will reflect on your account with the school.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
yesssssssssss, congrats to you. it has ended in praises

oyibo4real:
Guys rejoice with me. GOD has done it and I give HIM ALL THE GLORY!!!

My PPR is here finally and I wish the same to all the hopefuls in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
Does anyone have an idea of how many years of PGWP this MBA @University of New Brunswick gives after completion please?

Frankrobbn1:

University of New Brunswick is quite cheaper for MBA with 1 year duration.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chilexeve: 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hello everyone, please for the upfront medicals needed as an NSE requirements, when is the appropriate time to go for the medicals? Is it before submitting the study permit application or after submitting it before you get the NSE request.

please it's urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Teepearls:
Does anyone have an idea of how many years of PGWP this MBA @University of New Brunswick gives after completion please?

From my understanding 1yr program is entitled 1yr PGWP, 2yr program is entitled to 3yr PGWP. Other gurus can explain better.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Johnpaul94:

From my understanding 1yr program is entitled 1yr PGWP, 2yr program is entitled to 3yr PGWP. Other gurus can explain better.

Affirmative
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
Chilexeve:
Hello everyone, please for the upfront medicals needed as an NSE requirements, when is the appropriate time to go for the medicals? Is it before submitting the study permit application or after submitting it before you get the NSE request.

Some people prefer upfront medicals because getting a close appointment date when you are asked for the medical result is usually difficult.

While some people wait until they are asked for the medical result. I submitted my application 7th April 2021 without upfront medicals, I was advised to wait until it’s been requested for. For now, I’m yet to go for medicals.

However, if you are not in Lagos or Abuja, it’s advisable you do book for the medicals as you are coming to Lagos or Abuja for Biometrics. Just saying to save cost.

I hope my little contribution helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
Chilexeve:

You can go before or after you submit your application. If you go after you submit your application, just upload the medical sheet you'll be given by the hospital through the web form once you get the confirmation that your tests results have been sent to IRCC. It will usually take about 3-7 business days for you to get this confirmation from the hospital. (Q-Life specifically).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Skhy: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
@ Oyibo4real
Congratulations ! I rejoice with you.
I also applied with my son, I was confused while making the application, if I should apply for study permit for him also I even asked questions here but no answer, thank God I followed my intuition and applied for study permit for him also.
So people if you are applying with a dependant please apply for a study permit for them not just visitor visa, using the LOA from your school, I guess that's the new COVID-19 rule.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by nifnifemi: 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
1year program 1year PGWP
2year program 3 YEARS PGWP

Teepearls:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
sleekcheek:
yesssssssssss, congrats to you. it has ended in praises

Thank you so much sweerie, the goodnews is finally here! I struggled to remember your name while writing my vote of thanks, let's blame euphoria for it grin. Thank you again sleekcheek, your wishes warmed my heart.

Am a female so no fear cheesy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
Skhy:
@ Oyibo4real
Congratulations ! I rejoice with you.
I also applied with my son, I was confused while making the application, if I should apply for study permit for him also I even asked questions here but no answer, thank God I followed my intuition and applied for study permit for him also.
So people if you are applying with a dependant please apply for a study permit for them not just visitor visa, using the LOA from your school, I guess that's the new COVID-19 rule.

Even though am surprised, you're right. I dont even know how to go about filling the study permit form considering the fact that he's still a child and they're requesting for work experience, address of school and all. undecided

Thanks for your good wishes smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sweetchi2411: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
Teeeee89:
Just got my ppr
Applied October 18, 2020

I will post the full details later. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that post their experience here and also people that answer questions. You guys are doing great and helping a lot of people without even knowing. Thanks so much guys

Congratulations!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sweetchi2411: 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2021
oyibo4real:
Guys rejoice with me. GOD has done it and I give HIM ALL THE GLORY!!!

My PPR is here finally and I wish the same to all the hopefuls in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

You were really next in line!!!

Congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2021
Bro, check your portal now. My medicals were just updated today. It shows that I passed it.
Backcheck:

I think it is. I also submitted my application with full NSE, since march 6, medicals hasn’t been updated

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good evening. Please regarding the first bank , mbankstatmt ... 2weeks after my biometry , embersy , requested for MBS, after going to like 3 branches including headquarters, they seems to be supprice with the sound of it , with the facial expression of not knowing what am taking about..... finally I was giving a letter of confirming the account with thier stamp . Hope this will scale me through, and making it clear that they don’t operate that service.. hope this will scale me through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Backcheck: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
Bro, check your portal now. My medicals were just updated today. It shows that I passed it.

!! Its been updated. Seems they resumed work finally.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please add my number to the gc as well 07066026532
guyjones1:

please add my number 07025172129
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by netken: 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
3years
Teepearls:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
Please add my number to the gc as well 07066026532

Add mine as well 07062692009
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
I have not travelled yet, but from the information I have gathered from friends who have travelled and from online research I understand that you will be required to do your 3 days hotel quarantine in the city of whichever international airport you land in. After that you are allowed to travel to any other part of Canada to complete another 14 day quarantine provided you follow social distancing guidelines while you transit there. Therefore, I would advise you to fly directly to the airport of the city your friend is staying to avoid extra travel costs. I don't think any issue will arise when you are collecting your study permit in the airport as immigration staff are aware people are schooling remotely from different parts of Canada and the world. I have a friend who is enrolled in University of Canada West (in Vancouver,BC) but recently flew directly to Toronto (from Nigeria) to live with her brother and schools online. She was given her study permit in Toronto Pearson Airport.
Babygurl21:
Congrats to all PPR recipients and to all hopefuls, you will celebrate also.

House please I need some clarification.

1) for those that landed at Toronto, but had to take flights to their final destination in Canada, did you do the initial 3 days hotel quarantine in Toronto, then continued the remaining 11 days at your final destination or you immediately boarded the connecting flight to your final destination and did all the 14 days quarantine at your final destination?

2) My school is in Ontario, but I plan to stay with a friend in another province since lectures are still online. Hope this won't be an issue at POE, since my documents will show school is in Ontario, but my final destination is another province, or should I even fly to the province where my friend stays directly, it has an international airport and flights are being allowed in, flying directly saves me some money.

Ideas are welcome especially from those who have travelled.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nathanbesh: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
Not yet, still undergoing background check
Mobi22:

Your eligibility hasn’t started ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nathanbesh: 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
How can I order for GCMS notes?
Frankrobbn1:

From my professional experiences, I wouldn't advice you to undergo an upfront medicals when you've received a BVL without a decison from the immigration. At this moment, you should incessantly be sending emails and webforms to the visa office in Nairobi so they can finalize the processing of your application. You can also order for your GCMS note to obtain a clearer picture of the current eligibility assessment of the immigration officer.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
Abeg post the documents biko
oyibo4real:

Hmmm! I've been imagining how its gonna be the day I'll receive my PPR and the D-day has finally come, mine came with mixed feelings though, but am ELATED, that's all that matters now grin

I thank you all for celebrating with me, I don't want to quote you to avoid making the thread unnecessarily long, thank you, thank you, and thank you again. May it continually end in PRAISES for US ALL in JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!!!

Special Thanks to all those that still keep this thread alive, the likes of Lekiboboe, Frankrobin, Justmelow, Awys, and a host others, you guys are the real MVPs, God richly bless you in all your good endeavours, Amen!!!

Submitted on 24th January 2021
Biometrics done on 25th January 2021
Medicals on 1st week of February(cant remember the exact date shaa)
Medicals passed on 7th February 2021
Eligibility started on 9th/10th February 2021

Submitted my Son's own on 27th January 2021
There was no need for biometric as he's just 7 years old
We did medicals together and he passed his same date with mine.

I guess he was supposed to receive his PPR today too, but they sent a message requesting that I fill a study permit form in place of the visitor's form I submitted earlier. I was also asked to pay an additional fee of $50 to complete the $100 paid initially for visitor's visa.

If I start typing the docs I submitted, this post will be too long and some people might feel intimidated. All in all, just package your application well and leave no stone unturned, every application is unique so I advise you submit according to your situation but ensure to dot all your 'i's and cross your 't's.

MINE HAS ENDED IN PRAISE AND I WISH THE SAME TO ALL THE HOPEFULS IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
Good evening. Please regarding the first bank , mbankstatmt ... 2weeks after my biometry , embersy , requested for MBS, after going to like 3 branches including headquarters, they seems to be supprice with the sound of it , with the facial expression of not knowing what am taking about..... finally I was giving a letter of confirming the account with thier stamp . Hope this will scale me through, and making it clear that they don’t operate that service.. hope this will scale me through.
Yes it is strange to them

Someone posted a method on how go about First Bank MBS, I think you should check it out, you might find it helpful

Getting MybankStatement Ticket from FIRSTBANK NIGERIA
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/371#99797739
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:03pm On Apr 12, 2021
For those going to memorial in spring 2021. You can now register and request for your enrollment letter now. I requested mine today and got it today

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
How did you request for the enrollment letter? Is it through the self service, also do you need to pay tuition fee to request for the letter

Rootiab:
For those going to memorial in spring 2021. You can now register and request for your enrollment letter now. I requested mine today and got it today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Makah00: 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hello , can I message you. I’m applying to university of New Brunswick for winter 2022 but the recommendation request part is confusing . Please can I message you ?

olasubomy:
APPLICATION PROFILE

Did Upfront Medical on September 16, Submitted Application 4th October, 2020, Received NSE Request Letter 19th November,2020, Responded 26 November 2020,, Review of Addtional Documents Started November 30th, Eligibility Review Started Dec 2nd, PPR dropped Dec 7.

Submitted the underlisted forms as required:

1. Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
2. Family Information (IMM 5257) - I declared only my immediate siblings and parents.
3. Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257) . I have only travelled out of the country only once and that was Dubai, even though the United Arab Emirates is not considered as a strong factor for travel history, i still declared it and stated the metro stations of the two places where i stayed (IF YOU HAVE NEVER TRAVELLED OUT,DONT PANIC, YOU CAN GET VISA ON A VIRGIN PASSPORT).

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE SECTION:

Started this section with a Table of Content to show - Serial No, List of Attached Documents, Institutions/Professional Bodies;

A- Unconditional Certificate of Acceptance - University of New Brunswick (MBA)
B- First Degree Certificate
C- First Degree Transcript
D - Professional Accounting Certificate - ICAN
E - Professional Accounting Transcript - ICAN
F - Accounting Technicians Scheme - ATS
G - Foreign Credential Evaluation Report - Foreign Credential Service of America.
H - IELTS Test Score.

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SECTION.

I also started this section with Table of content as above so the VO will know which page to look for what.

A - Affidavit of Declaration of Income
B- Bank Reference Letter ( From my bank where my salary account is domiciled)
C - 6 Months Bank Statement ( Salary Account)
D - Pension Statement of Account
E- 2 Months Payslip
F- Certified Audited Statement of Networth of my parents signed by a firm of Chartered Accountants with seal.
G-Letter of Sponsorship and support signed by my both parents.
H- Motthers Bank Reference Letter.
I - Mothers Bank Statement.
J- All Incorporation Documents of my mums business.
K - My Dads Tenancy Agreements.

CLIENTS SECTION:

This section had alot of documents so i started with a Table of content to show Page Number, List of Documents & Source/Issuing Institutiion;

A - Statement of Purpose (4 Pages in length with Sub headings)
B - Police Character Certificate
C - Curriculum Vitae
D - Letter of Introduction from Current Employer (Reference Letter)
E - Birth Certificate (Myself and Siblings)
G- Passport Data Page (Parents)
H - SSCE Certificate
i - NYSC Certificate.
J - Letter of Employment from Current Employer.
K - Letter of Confirmation of Employment
l - Promotion Letters in Current Employment.
M - Appraisal Letter of Outstanding Performance
N- Copy of Staff Identity Card
O - Employment Letters from Previous employment
P - Estate Valuers Report on Land and Residential Building.
Q - Pictures of Family ( with footnotes decribing persons in the picture)
R - A picture of Myself and Colleagues in workplace
S - Copy of Lagos State Tax Clearance Card(Myself and Parents)

I hope these helps for those who requested for my profile.
NB: Try to put a lot of effort in working on your SOP and have people review it for you, make sure you attach support documents you have quoted in your SOP.

It will end in praise, i wish everyone good news soonest.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Makah00: 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Hello, can u message you . I’m applying to university of New Brunswick for winter 2022 but the reference request is confusing me . I can send the image so you can put me through. Thanks
University of New Brunswick is quite cheaper for MBA with 1 year duration.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Yk45:
How did you request for the enrollment letter? Is it through the self service, also do you need to pay tuition fee to request for the letter

student menu under mun.ca. yes I paid but I don't know if paying has anything to do with that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
Teeeee89:
Just got my ppr
Applied October 18, 2020

I will post the full details later. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that post their experience here and also people that answer questions. You guys are doing great and helping a lot of people without even knowing. Thanks so much guys

Congratulations!!! News like this keeps us going. All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gpdkingpin11: 8:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
I'm having my medicals at iom ikeja tomorrow
Is anyone here doing the same tomorrow?

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56