Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864741 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chikawego: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
henerie17:
Please can a fixed deposit certificate be provided as POF?

Thank you

How did you use this fixed deposit certificate for NSE? Is it possible ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
Rootiab:
hmmm it's like you want to starve on burgers and pizza abi

Abeg Wetin person fit carry go Help me with suggestions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
elizyous:
Yes I have and my eligibility review started a day aftee I submitted. Na God hand we dey.

It will end in praise!

Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by franebo: 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
It look as if you are talking about me because, this is exactly my situation. I planned to do another Masters in Food Science but will not disclose to the V. O that I already have a masters degree. Am also looking at going for courses related to "Investigation" cos am an investigation Officer in a Govt establishment.

EverGrateful:
Hello House,

Kindly assist with your opinion on this issue. I am actually asking for my sister. She has a BSc (2010) & MSc (2015) in Food Tech but works with a govt body that conducts elections in Nigeria. She plans to go for an MSc in a specialized aspect of food science in Canada. She has had no work experience in her field of study except for 6months IT but she is very interested in this FOOD area. Please what can be the justification in her SOP/LOE to VO for her plan to study in Canada.

Guru's in the house please respond- Frankrobbn1, Justmellow, Lekiboboe and other gurus in the house. Make una help a sister ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Fresh88Man: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
Good Afternoon guys, please i got an information that it's only Ethopian airline that is allowed to take students to Canada.. how true is this pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Royalty95:

Please can you tell us what you will be buying so we can learn from you while shopping
Someone like me I don’t know what else to take along with me aside my box of cloths bag shoe and wig sad

Chaiiii!!! I envy you people ooo...

You guys are already talking about how to travel, what to take, etc...

One day, we shall get to that stage too.

As for me, I don already pack everything ready before visa approval. I've been packing for the past three years.

Lucky for me, I bought a lot of things when they were a lot cheaper.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sorry for the irrelevant question, but who has an idea the cost of Tuition at University of saskatchewan? The tution per year am seeing at the school site seems to be small.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Royalty95:

Abeg Wetin person fit carry go Help me with suggestions?

Utensils
Food stuff
Clothing
Bedsheets, towels, curtains
Shoes, socks, gloves
Winter coat
Belts
Laptop, phones, storage device
Singlets, underwears
Soaps, toiletries
Medicines

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Chikawego:

How do we use fixed deposit certificate on NSE route when the money is not in the account?

Submit MBS showing how the funds left your account for fixed deposit. This is what a friend did and her application was processed via NSE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hello Everybody,

Please who has an idea of the limit on access( Diamond) Visa card on international POS

I want to make a transaction of $850

Please advise

All the Best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Spectro:

As for me, I don already pack everything ready before visa approval. I've been packing for the past three years.

Lol you will celebrate soon.. heheheh please what did you buy? Tell us cheesy. When was things cheap o?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
Royalty95:

Please can you tell us what you will be buying so we can learn from you while shopping
Someone like me I don’t know what else to take along with me aside my box of cloths bag shoe and wig sad
Lol.... my dear please add extensions (attachments) heard they are really expensive in Canada.
Adding egusi, ogbono, crayfish, black pepper, seasoning cubes, spaghetti, tea bags, milo, red garri. I was told on the other thread (Living in Canada/ life as a Canadian immigrant) that dairy products are prohibited. So no milk

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
Spectro:

Utensils
Food stuff
Clothing
Shoes, socks, gloves
Winter coat
Belts
Singlets, underwears
Soaps, toiletries
Medicines
Seriously?? Utensils are allowed?? Thank God for this platform, I learn new things every time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Try any of these two file compressing methods

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/239#98929324

Credits: JustMellow

Tricks for Compressing your Documents (PrimoPDF) to a more smaller size than using
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/49#89624823

Credits: Nnonso16
Thank you very much. PrimoPDF helped with the compression after compressing with ilovepfd, I also removed some pages with the help of Adobe Pro trial version, let me go and cancel it first...lol.

So my watch begins today, one month after my birthday.
Baba God, unto your hands I commit my application.

This forum remains the "bestest"! Thank you everyone

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
HorlarJP:

She used the Regular Route before she got the NSE request and she did the IELTS and also provide the my bank statement and her medical isn’t an upfront one ! She did it after she got a medical request and her school is resuming is May... Thanks boss
ok then

Based on your last post about when she submitted her Application (November 2020), it has passed standard processing time (23 weeks). A Medical Request is most time a good sign on a study visa application, so she should start sending webforms/mails to IRCC and also indicate she gonna be resuming May in the webform/mail, in order to initiate a possible expedition on her application

Refer to that HOW TO SEND WEBFORMS/MAILS TO IRCC WHEN APPLICATION HAS PASSED STANDARD PROCESSING TIME post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kayyyy:

Lol.... my dear please add extensions (attachments) heard they are really expensive in Canada.
Adding egusi, ogbono, crayfish, black pepper, seasoning cubes, spaghetti, tea bags, milo, red garri. I was told on the other thread (Living in Canada/ life as a Canadian immigrant) that dairy products are prohibited. So no milk

Won’t all this result to extra luggage cheesy my dear I’m even on low cut at the moment. Will just find a way n get lots of wigs

Thanks for your info

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kayyyy:

Won’t all this result to extra luggage cheesy my dear I’m even on low cut at the moment. Will just find a way n get lots of wigs

Thanks for your info

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Spectro:

Utensils
Food stuff
Clothing
Shoes, socks, gloves
Winter coat
Belts
Singlets, underwears
Soaps, toiletries
Medicines

Ahan you can find this utensil abroad na...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
HorlarJP:
Please does anyone know how I can send a webform to IRCC. Thanks
Step-by-step Video there on how to send a Webform to IRCC
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/637#88758353

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Spectro:

Chill bro
You will rejoice soon

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by HorlarJP: 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Step-by-step Video there on how to send a Webform to IRCC
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/637#88758353

Thank you boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
Emmyzdon:
These whole table of content is confusing me and I honestly want to submit a tidy application.

Please I need help o on how to insert a table of content in my PDF document. Watch several YouTube videos but it isn’t working
I used the free trial version of ADOBE PRO. It comes with a lot of options.

Goodluck!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akoko123: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
hello every one.
I applied for a study permit for a college diploma in toronto. I have my admission letter already and the school didnt require an IELTS.
I know college diploma does not qualify for NSE however I recently did the IELTS but scored low with Band 5.
would it be dangerous to include a Band 5 ielts result in my visa application even though its not NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Let me ask this funny question please.
The Visa fee is 235 CAD right? Yes?

I used my USD card for payment and I thought the Canadian dollar equivalent will be deducted, say about 188USD but I got a debit of 235 USD.

Isn't this strange? Someone help me out here please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
akoko123:
hello every one.
I applied for a study permit for a college diploma in toronto. I have my admission letter already and the school didnt require an IELTS.
I know college diploma does not qualify for NSE however I recently did the IELTS but scored low with Band 5.
would it be dangerous to include a Band 5 ielts result in my visa application even though its not NSE?

Any degree, diploma or certificate qualifies for NSE. The minimum IELTS score required for NSE is a 6.0 in each of the 4 categories. You do not need to include an IELTS report for a regular study permit application, so why include it all? I think you should just leave it out since you are not applying via NSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akoko123: 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Let me ask this funny question please.
The Visa fee is 235 CAD right? Yes?

I used my USD card for payment and I thought the Canadian dollar equivalent will be deducted, say about 188USD but I got a debit of 235 USD.

Isn't this strange? Someone help me out here please?

I recently paid my study visa fee of 150 cad with a dollar card . I simply deposited 120 USD in the card and payment was successful.

not sure why u were debited that way oo.. Call your bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akoko123: 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
TundeTheHunter:

Any degree, diploma or certificate qualifies for NSE. The minimum IELTS score required for NSE is a 6.0 in each of the 4 categories. You do not need to include an IELTS report for a regular study permit application, so why include it all? I think you should just leave it out since you are not applying via NSE.

I havent submitted it at all.. I will leave it out thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
Ketima:
Sorry for the irrelevant question, but who has an idea the cost of Tuition at University of saskatchewan? The tution per year am seeing at the school site seems to be small.

Sask does indeed have some of the cheapest tuition rates in CA. What you see on the site is what it is, although it's been said that there's to be some minor increase in the tuition in the nearest future.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
TundeTheHunter:

Hi, please which province are you going? I will be travelling around that same time but to British Columbia. I am looking for someone to share hotel and airbnb with for quarantine
Quebec Montreal. McGill to be precise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
akoko123:

I recently paid my study visa fee of 150 cad with a dollar card . I simply deposited 120 USD in the card and payment was successful.

not sure why u were debited that way oo.. Call your bank
This is a screenshot of the total fee charged, this particular transaction was declined as I used my normal card, then I used USD card thinking they will just debit the Canadian equivalent but I was debited 235USD....

I sincerely hope there isn't any problem

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
franebo:

It look as if you are talking about me because, this is exactly my situation. I planned to do another Masters in Food Science but will not disclose to the V. O that I already have a masters degree. Am also looking at going for courses related to "Investigation" cos am an investigation Officer in a Govt establishment.

[b][/b]Are u planning to come back to your job here? If yes then Investigative aspect would make sense if not i will advise you dwell on areas that are important in the new environment you find you self like food quality, Food processing and Food safety ( HACCP, Risk factors etc)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Silas12345: 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Please help me check the status of this application... I just got my login from my agent

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6