Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862329 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by franebo: 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lekiboboe:

As regards PG in Paralegal Programs and PG in Investigation related Programs, see the post in the link below and do a google search on them

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/514#95982265

May God bless you.... The link is so helpful. Thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oluwayemisi0507: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hi Cooladex,

Although there is nothing God cannot do, however, I am in the University of Sask and I'll advise that she defers her admission to Winter 2022 so that you must have built the bank account well by then.

It will end in praise.

Yemisi

Cooladex:

Thanks for the advice. She got accepted for 'Educational management' ( Thesis based )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
Are medicals still required for a visitors visa? Like for the person accompanying me to school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mastmony: 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
Okayy

skull4eva:
july 31 is just amonth to sept 1 that classes will start. already i have enrolment letter from winter before i withdrew becos my visa came in march
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello people!

Goodday.
I want to ask...

1)If i have someone paying my tuition for me in Canada and will send my receipt to me, i hope it doesn't affect the approval of my visa since it was not paid from my Nigerian account directly by me, hope it doesn't

2)And if the bank statement by a Canadian resident is so sufficient financially to cater for my expenses for 1 year, is there need of landed property documents and all other financial proves...?

3) And like how much CAD should be in the account of my sponsor, that is probably in Canada

4)If i refund the person that helps me to pay my tuition in Canada in her naira account and later, suddenly put 10kCAD(3m) in my own account since i have refund that person for my tuition, won't it look like loan or i just get it suddenly? Because my bank statement will show there was no money after that payment...
What am asking in essence is, is it advisable to pay my tuition, thereby remaining nothing in my own account but later get the 10kCAD or it is good to have both the tuition+ the 10kCAD already in my account before i begin to pay in order to maintain the fact that i have sufficient funds and not that i got a fast loan or any money somewhere in order for my prove of fund to stand very well...

4)Is it advisable to write in my SOP, that i plan to proceed for masters immediately after my graduate cert(diploma), hope it won't deny me of visa as i plan to stay longer just for study but will write i will come back after my study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by allisgood: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
How long does medical results last with IRCC before it expires and someone has to do a new one again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by scaezar: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lmao. Im not trying to scare him o �. But Dec 2019 to March 2021 is about 15 months na. I already moved on with my life �
Royalty95:

Lol 15 month is outrageous na grin no exaggerate give the guy hbp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
oyibo4real:
Guys rejoice with me. GOD has done it and I give HIM ALL THE GLORY!!!

My PPR is here finally and I wish the same to all the hopefuls in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

Congratulations!!!!! No NSE request

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 10:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
MsJanez01:

Congratulations!!!!! No NSE request

She submitted everything at once.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello House, welcome to a new week!!! Let's pray for more PPR this new week. So last week, I believe 4 people on this platform got their PPR.

Teeeee89- April 12 (AOR Oct 18 2020)
Oyibo4real- April 12 (AOR Jan 24 2021)
DannyD12342- April 14 ( AOR Jan ?? 2021)- Please let us know your AOR date smiley
Eilenora's brother- April 16 (AOR Jan 1 2021)

It seems applications are taking around 3 months on average now.....

Wishing us all best of luck of this week! Stay positive and hopeful!

Teenie19:
Week of April 12 PPR recipients so far! Congrats to you all!!

Teeeee89- April 12 (AOR Oct 18 2020)
Oyibo4real- April 12 (AOR Jan 24 2021)

Many more to come! grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Wow..so sorry to hear this!
This isn't fair...why did they take so long to refuse it? This is just wrong!

Good luck to you on your next application.

sleekcheek:
wow, this is painful. It’s just a delay, pls refire

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heffalump(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
RahmaMohammed:
Hello everyone! Is there anyone applying to study in Canada and travel with their kids? I am filling my forms and there is a requirement for letter of acceptance from a school to apply for study permit for the kids too. I thought I will find them a school once I get there. The IRCC website says

"Minor children before entering Canada
Minor children who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who already have a valid study or work permit.

If they’re coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, they don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when they apply for a study permit.

Before your minor child travels to Canada, make sure their DLI is on the list of those with approved COVID-19 readiness plans. They won’t be able to enter Canada if their DLI isn’t on this list"

@JustMellow, @Lekiboboe, @Frankrobn and other gurus in the house! You guys are just too much for the selfless services you render here. You've all made an indelible mark in the lives of the golden generation of Nigerian youths, and I know God will continue to bless you abundantly at the point of your needs.

However, @RahmaMohammed just asked a very important question that needs to be dissected by the gurus here. I guess this question touches many with families and are on this journey to life transformation.

Please what's your honest opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cooladex(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
Oluwayemisi0507:
Hi Cooladex,

Although there is nothing God cannot do, however, I am in the University of Sask and I'll advise that she defers her admission to Wintwe 2022 so that you must have build your account well by then.

It will end in praise.

Yemisi

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wendyok: 12:12am On Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone..I intend to apply to nbcc for fall or winter session. For the 10k cad for proof of funds. How do I calculate the rate. Black market or bank rate.
Bank rate is about 303 naira per cad. Will I do same for the fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 1:14am On Apr 19, 2021
MsJanez01:

Have u gotten NSE request?
yes I got it the nest day, But I did not use NSE rout
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chilexeve: 5:28am On Apr 19, 2021
Chilexeve:
Good morning friends.

Please I'm about to start my study permit application.

Some of our landed properties don't have survey plans. we just have the agreements/deeds of assignment which are unregistered. Is it necessary to get survey plans for them? Can I use only the agreement for my application even though they are unregistered? Is it also necessary to get the certified true copies of them by notarizing the documents (agreements)?

For the deed of assignments, do I need to scan each and every one of the pages? I'm guessing it will be bulky considering how many pages each agreement contains.

Please treat as urgent as I want to get everything right.

It must surely end in praise.

Please someone should help me answer this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning all
Am still waiting, because nothing I can do than to wait,
Applied since last year 16 Oct 2020
After sending mail and Web form this what I just got as reply this morning

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by HOC189: 7:57am On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning Elders.
Trust you all slept well?.
I just got my offer of admission for undergraduate study from Brandon University to study BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.

Here is my profile:
Finished WAEC 2011

I have HND in marketing(which I didn’t include in my application).

Currently working as a Business Developer with Nigeria Bottling Company from 2019(Contract Staff).

My aunt in the US(a nurse) will be sponsoring me all through.

For home ties I’m married with a child and I have 2plots of land.

I have never traveled outside Nigeria before.

Please what best way can I prepare my SOP regards my huge study gap, and what other documents do I need to present so as to make my application considered.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 8:12am On Apr 19, 2021
Wow... too long. Pls order your gcms notes

Olanrewajuluke1:
Good morning all
Am still waiting, because nothing I can do than to wait,
Applied since last year 16 Oct 2020
After sending mail and Web form this what I just got as reply this morning
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2021
Teenie19:
Wow... too long. Pls order your gcms notes

have done that 3 mont ago
Review of eligibility is empty then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 8:29am On Apr 19, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Did you do upfront Medicals ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2021
mastmony:

July ending?

Isn't that too early to travel?

I'm also starting class in September

My thought also....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EzekielMab(m): 9:08am On Apr 19, 2021
Gm guys.

Has anyone been able to this Nigerian student express ??

Pls email me in how you were able to do it fast
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tiara97: 9:12am On Apr 19, 2021
has your eligibility review started now? I think you should order another gcms note.

Olanrewajuluke1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 9:34am On Apr 19, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
yes I got it the nest day, But I did not use NSE rout

This NSE is looking like a big deal now ooo. If u have your NSE requirements now why not send through webform and mail. When in January did u apply? Cause I know some January applicants through NSE and yet to get a decision so ure not alone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 9:48am On Apr 19, 2021
HOC189:
Good morning Elders.
I just got my offer of admission for undergraduate study from Brandon University to study BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.

Here is my profile:
Finished WAEC 2011

Currently working as a Business Developer with Nigeria Bottling Company from 2019(Contract Staff).

Please what best way can I prepare my SOP regards my huge study gap, and what other documents do I need to present so as to make my application considered.
Thank you.
This would need a very convincing SOP to fly ooo. The study gap is too far ur best bet that would have been less stressful would have been to go for postgraduate diploma or certificate with ur HND. Anyway explaining the study gap is ur greatest challenge now and also how established ur sponsor is to pay the high tuition for four years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2021
Theboysquare1:

Did you do upfront Medicals ?
the medical I I did was from one of Lagos state General hospital, I was really sad when I realised here that they has the specific hospital
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
request for another note by now it should show eligibility status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2021
Tiara97:
has your eligibility review started now? I think you should order another gcms note.

started since February 25, GMCS also take longer days to arrive that why am just looking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2021
This eligibility review seems like a big deal. I really do not understand. What of me that my eligibility and back ground check started concurrently a day or two after my biometrics. And up till now am still waiting. Is there any hope at all of getting positive outcome?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2021
HOC189:
Good morning Elders.

Here is my profile:
Finished WAEC 2011

Thank you.
Good Morning,

These are my opinions

I doubt if you would be able to convince a Visa Officer that your Purpose of Visit to Canada is to study based on your intentions.

Going for a B.SC is a Wrong Career Progression
for you since you already have an HND Degree.

If you hide your HND during your Visa Application, it would raise lots of suspicion to a Visa Officer e.g Age Gap, Study Gap etc.

I don't know your age , but B.SC in Canada is for those within the age range of 17-24.

Your Academic Qualification (if you don't mention your HND Degree) might Clash With your Job Qualification
Your qualification to work as a Business
Developer would be suspicious to a Visa Officer , cos they can assume it is impossible to be in that position with an High School Certificate (WAEC)

Your Best Shot To Increase your Visa Chances is this

With your HND, you are expected to go for a PG.Cert in Marketing Related Degree (based in your HND degree) or PG. Cert in a Business related program (based on your Job at NBC and other marketing/business related Jobs you have done in the past after your HND). There are loads of colleges in Canada offering the above PG. CERT PROGRAMS.

Doing the above, too a reasonable extent, a Visa Officer would be convinced your intentions to come to Canada to Study is GENUINE

DO AWAIT MORE CONTRIBUTIONS FROM OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS THREAD

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dejavu5050: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2021
Silas12345:
Please help me check the status of this application... I just got my login from my agent.... Please you people should reply me nah.... Give me hope nah
You are not alone in this journey,I have a similar timeline too.Submitted application Feb 22 but missed NSE deadline on Mar 29,although I later submitted MBS 3 days after the deadline.As we speak eligibility is yet to commence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.