Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (871053 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2021
skull4eva:
LONG POST ALERT!!!!!

MY APPLICATION FULL TIMELINE.

I applied initially for fall 2020 on July 13th 2020

I ordered for GCMS notes in August and it came 2.49am September 16th the day I was supposed to travel to Lagos to do my Biometrics at VFS. GCMS came as eligibility failed I took courage as a man and went ahead for the biometrics that same day. I brought the GCMS to the gurus in Nairaland and they advised me accordingly. I was denied based on no travel history, Sponsored by third party, Not well established economic situation and family composition, Limited economic and family ties to home country and employment shows moderate earnings.

Sponsor had an account statement of 60k cad CAC, International passport, Contract with government of alberta, tax clearance etc. not same family name though

I also had a statement of account of 3million then. I applied with my wife and son

My program was a PhD at McGill. Gurus advice that I seek funding but I didn’t get initially,

My second application was December 16th 2020

17th December my supervisor did zoom with me and promised funding which later came on the 11th of January (18k CAD in total aside scholarship and teaching assistantship)

I wrote another LOE using the same statement of account of my sponsor (60kCAD) made Him pay my tuition for winter 8700 CAD although he paid twice (6KCAD at the time of application and 2k700 CAD at the time of NSE request)

I also did a gift deed of 4million from my mum to raise my statement of account to 8million

I also dropped my family and use them as home ties attached proof of my car ownership and landed properties of parents. Also because of the gift deed I needed to add my mums payment Voucher and earnings per annum which was around 3.2m.

In my first application I got a study leave from the university where I work although because I was still on contract I didn’t have the opportunity of TETFUND so what I did my second application was to hammer on bond which was attached to the study leave because I will be paid while I am on study and also pointed out the legal implications to my career and my surety which was my dad.

Then I explained why I never travelled and needed to travel at this point in my life pointing out the need to get publications in Q1 rated journals and that the study time is almost the same with this place 5yrs with better facilities and technical knowhow there.

Details of the Timeline for the second application

Admission received: April, 2020

Differed to January 2021 and I Have also differed again to September 2021 due to delayed visa things
School: McGill University, Montreal Quebec
Program : PhD Bioresource Engineering
Application Type : Online
Application Submitted : Dec 16th, 2020 (Did biometrics with my first application)
Got NSE REQUEST on 23rd December 2020 and responded with only MBS as I already submitted my IELTS alongside my application Overall band 7.5

Submitted the NSE REQUEST 8th January 2021 because I had to send it to my broad and friend Frathermathy for review. He and Vibrant 99 also helped go through my SOP and LOE

Medicals: December 22nd, 2020, at Qlife family clinic
Medical updated to passed on 6th January 2021

Confirmation mail of Receipt of NSE documents came 11th January 2021

Got the graduate research assistant offer letter from my supervisor (18k CAD) on 11th January 2021 and sent it through webform and email

Confirmation mail of Receipt of graduate research assistant offer letter from my supervisor mail came 29th January 2021

Submission confirmation mail came on 5th February 2021

BVL Dropped: Feb 24th, 2021

PPR Dropped 8days later 3rd March 2021

Waiting for Passport with visa to Land

Trust God always be prayerful and hopeful. I submitted my sponsors old account statement of Dec 2019 to June 2020 he didn’t print another because I forgot to request it again. Have a mindset that your application cant be perfect but do your best and pray for mercy.

It will end in praises for all PPR hopefuls.

Wow big congrats ... with God It must surely end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by canadasool: 10:41am On Apr 19, 2021
Hi, you can access IRCC exchange rates on this link https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E
Wendyok:
Hello everyone..I intend to apply to nbcc for fall or winter session. For the 10k cad for proof of funds. How do I calculate the rate. Black market or bank rate.
Bank rate is about 303 naira per cad. Will I do same for the fees.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello people!

Goodday.
I want to ask...

1)If i have someone paying my tuition for me in Canada and will send my receipt to me, i hope it doesn't affect the approval of my visa since it was not paid from my Nigerian account directly by me, hope it doesn't

2)And if the bank statement by a Canadian resident is so sufficient financially to cater for my expenses for 1 year, is there need of landed property documents and all other financial proves...?

3) And like how much CAD should be in the account of my sponsor, that is probably in Canada

4)If i refund the person that helps me to pay my tuition in Canada in her naira account and later, suddenly put 10kCAD(3m) in my own account since i have refund that person for my tuition, won't it look like loan or i just get it suddenly? Because my bank statement will show there was no money after that payment...
What am asking in essence is, is it advisable to pay my tuition, thereby remaining nothing in my own account but later get the 10kCAD or it is good to have both the tuition+ the 10kCAD already in my account before i begin to pay in order to maintain the fact that i have sufficient funds and not that i got a fast loan or any money somewhere in order for my prove of fund to stand very well...

4)Is it advisable to write in my SOP, that i plan to proceed for masters immediately after my graduate cert(diploma), hope it won't deny me of visa as i plan to stay longer just for study but will write i will come back after my study.

Good Morning

1) No, it doesn't matter nothing.

2) If you have them please provide them. They're very much Important.

3) Depends on the total of your tuition for one year and living expenses, and the duration of your program. The total of these two with some more money in the account (at least $30,000CAD) would suffice.

4) Please have both Living expenses and tuition in your account. It's not compulsory to pay your tuition before you submit your application.

5) Kindly allow for more knowledgeable persons to reply this.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chilexeve: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2021
Chilexeve:
Good morning friends.

Please I'm about to start my study permit application.

Some of our landed properties don't have survey plans. we just have the agreements/deeds of assignment which are unregistered. Is it necessary to get survey plans for them? Can I use only the agreement for my application even though they are unregistered? Is it also necessary to get the certified true copies of them by notarizing the documents (agreements)?

For the deed of assignments, do I need to scan each and every one of the pages? I'm guessing it will be bulky considering how many pages each agreement contains.

Please treat as urgent as I want to get everything right.

It must surely end in praise.

Someone should help me oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
scaezar:
Lmao. Im not trying to scare him o �. But Dec 2019 to March 2021 is about 15 months na. I already moved on with my life �
bro don’t loose hope because I also applied December 2019 and got approval 2021

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
MsJanez01:

This NSE is looking like a big deal now ooo. If u have your NSE requirements now why not send through webform and mail. When in January did u apply? Cause I know some January applicants through NSE and yet to get a decision so ure not alone
22 January.. I don’t know if I should live everything the way it is , am just scared of the fact that I submitted nomal printed bank statement, hope using the nomal rout with with that would course no harm. Now that Firstbsnk’s has the electronic statement , doing it with out their concent, don’t know if it will not stair up something else , because this people can be very psychological
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chioma3000001: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
Guys please I booked my medicals in Abuja but there’s no Standard chattered bank where I stay so as to make payment..can I pay I when I get to IOM??or must I pay in their bank account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
grin grin
Blaze123456:
bro don’t loose hope because I also applied December 2019 and got approval 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
Chioma3000001:
Guys please I booked my medicals in Abuja but there’s no Standard chattered bank where I stay so as to make payment..can I pay I when I get to IOM??or must I pay in their bank account
use your bank app to pay. Then print the receipt. No one goes to the bank anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chiogenma: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning everyone, please how do I apply to a school in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by irijuola: 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
If you are traveling on the 26th and landing on the 27th via Toronto airport, holla me for a quarantine partner at crowne hotel, Toronto for shared cost.
Send a mail pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Intrepid01(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
Austin163:
Did you send mail to all of them? Lol. Why them no go warn you to refrain from sending mail to multiple immigration offices.lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Intrepid01(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

The authorised website to order for GCMS notes on this platform is via this medium.

IRCC AUTHORIZED LINK TO ORDER FOR GCMS NOTES

Please be advised that you will need an individual who is presently living in Canada to order for the notes on your behalf. The individual can be a student, worker, permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Chiogenma:
Good morning everyone, please how do I apply to a school in Canada?
Hi,

Your question is quite Generic

You would need to consider some factors before applying to a school in Canada

- Do you have you have your transcript with you?
- what is the name & qualification of the program you want to apply for in Canada?
- What is your highest Level of Education?
- When did did you graduate (What year) ?
- What is your CGPA?
- Do you av a 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd Class?
- Are you working alrdy ?
- Is your Job related to what you studied in your polytechnic or university?
-  How many years have you been working?

Your response to the above questions will determine the kind of study program you can or should apply to in Canada

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chilexeve: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good afternoon all,

please Polaris bank is claiming they do Mybank Statement, but canada is not included. I've been to several branches yet same story.

please what can I do? Should I transfer the fund to a bank that does it then explain the lump sum in my SOP?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hi, how much is the hotel fee? Please

irijuola:
If you are traveling on the 26th and landing on the 27th via Toronto airport, holla me for a quarantine partner at crowne hotel, Toronto for shared cost.
Send a mail pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ladheyy(f): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
kunbeeee:
I applied June last year for MEST.
Okay, thank you. Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
Gentledaf:

Wow big congrats ... with God It must surely end in praise
sure it will endd in praises. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by franebo: 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
ayoslas88:
University of Manitoba....... pls drop my admission oooo

Have you received admission from University of Manitoba for Sep. Intake? I am asking because am also an applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 1:57pm On Apr 19, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Good Morning,

These are my opinions

I doubt if you would be able to convince a Visa Officer that your Purpose of Visit to Canada is to study based on your intentions.

Going for a B.SC is a Wrong Career Progression
for you since you already have an HND Degree.

If you hide your HND during your Visa Application, it would raise lots of suspicion to a Visa Officer e.g Age Gap, Study Gap etc.

I don't know your age , but B.SC in Canada is for those within the age range of 17-24.

Your Academic Qualification (if you don't mention your HND Degree) might Clash With your Job Qualification
Your qualification to work as a Business
Developer would be suspicious to a Visa Officer , cos they can assume it is impossible to be in that position with an High School Certificate (WAEC)

Your Best Shot To Increase your Visa Chances is this

With your HND, you are expected to go for a PG.Cert in Marketing Related Degree (based in your HND degree) or PG. Cert in a Business related program (based on your Job at NBC and other marketing/business related Jobs you have done in the past after your HND). There are loads of colleges in Canada offering the above PG. CERT PROGRAMS.

Doing the above, too a reasonable extent, a Visa Officer would be convinced your intentions to come to Canada to Study is GENUINE

DO AWAIT MORE CONTRIBUTIONS FROM OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS THREAD
This Canada study permit is really stressing we Nigerians.
Someone at the age of 40 can decide to go for bsc or even for diploma courses,its no body's business. One can finish bsc and decides to go for another bsc,honestly I can decides that.
I blame our leaders that created all these problems for we youths.

When I was applying for my diploma degree in one of the colleges in NL, one of the requirements to apply is that I must have gone to a higher institution for not less than 3years which means I can use bsc or HND to apply to get a diploma cert. If there is no career progression, why such requirements. How can someone be denied a study permit after giving admission and paying tuition fee. I believe that Schools should work with Embassy before giving admission.

This personal assets and finance Visa officers are requesting, is it for someone at the age of 25years who want to study that they are asking! Even in their place, how many people under 30 years can boast of landed properties,their citizens go to school with loans.

Upon after providing these requirements, NSE will come up with their own, they will still delay and refuse applicant the opportunity after several months. I really blame our bad government for all these humiliation and stress this Canadian VOs are causing us.

My points though, not writing to impress or go against anyone's views or points. I just decided to pour out my mind.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
Austin163:
Someone at the age of 40 can decide to go for bsc or even for diploma courses,its no body's business. One can finish bsc and decides to go for another bsc,honestly I can decides that.

When I was applying for my diploma degree in one of the colleges in NL, one of the requirements to apply is that I must have gone to a higher institution for not less than 3years which means I can use bsc or HND to apply to get a diploma cert. If there is no career progression, why such requirements. How can someone be denied a study permit after giving admission and paying tuition fee. I believe that Schools should work with Embassy before giving admission.

This personal assets and finance Visa officers are requesting, is it for someone at the age of 25years who want to study that they are asking! Even in their place, how many people under 30 years can boast of landed properties,their citizens go to school with loans.

Upon after providing these requirements, NSE will come up with their own, they will still delay and refuse applicant the opportunity after several months. I really blame our bad government for all these humiliation and stress this Canadian VOs are causing us.

My points though, not writing to impress or go against anyone's views or points. I just decided to pour out my mind.
You have said the undiluted truth

Unfortunately, schools in Canada are after the applicants tuition, & they can't influence decision of IRCC on applicants.

Education has nothing to do with age, but many factors from this part of the world has seriously affected applicants
e.g Industrial Actions by universities etc. which has an effect on the age of an applicant

IRCC don't see some applications of people from this part of the world as genuine cos with the state of this nation, they assume the JAPA mindset has defeated the purpose of Visit of many to Canada (which is to study).

REASONS WHY ONE NEED TO SHOW PROGRESSIONS AND PROVIDE THE RIGHT & LEGIT DOCUMENTS BEFORE APPLYING FOR A STUDY VISA IN CANADA

In a nutshell,

What does it profit an applicant to gain admission to a Canadian school and get denied of a study visa

Ki oluwa wa pelu wa!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MightyFortress: 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
Following

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chioma3000001: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2021
shupy:
use your bank app to pay. Then print the receipt. No one goes to the bank anymore.
thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
Austin163:

A very sad truth

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
Austin163:

In as much you are right and we can blame our leaders for all this. Canada is not the only country in the world, UK, Australia, Ireland among others have easy study visa processes if you want to study abroad, if one can't go through the process of canada.
Another fact why the process is hard is because almost every youlth want to leave this country if they ve the means, buh all these processes is what is still holding some people.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good day house,

Please who do I go to if I want to value a property.. how is it done?? also, which address should I address my SOP and recommendations to??
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
I have a question please, I removed a lot of files while trying to achieve the needed 4mb capacity. For instance, my transcript is 4 pages in length, but I only uploaded the two middle pages that had the course details taken while I removed the first page(bearing the address and office of the sender, name and recepient of the transcript) and the last page (bearing final cumulative GPA).

Now the question, is this an act of hoarding information? I am asking because i have seen a lot of refusals because of too much info or too little info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
Omo today is dry o

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
deommanuel:

Good Morning

1) No, it doesn't matter nothing.

2) If you have them please provide them. They're very much Important.

3) Depends on the total of your tuition for one year and living expenses, and the duration of your program. The total of these two with some more money in the account (at least $30,000CAD) would suffice.

4) Please have both Living expenses and tuition in your account. It's not compulsory to pay your tuition before you submit your application.

5) Kindly allow for more knowledgeable persons to reply this.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES.

Thanks so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeteejii: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
Teenie19:
Hey...any update on your end? No update here..

hey no update yet.

Study permit for may 2021
Date of submission: Feb 13 2021
Biometrics requested: Feb 15, 2021
Biometrics completed: Feb 16, 2021
Eligibility Started: February 24, 2021
Upfront Medicals done: March 25, 2021
Medical passed - April 12, 2021

Hopefully soon. Wishing everyone that applied good news soon.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nini1234: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
Austin163:

Well said. Please can I send you a mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hello,

Did you defer your admission to September yet?
I am applying for my sister and I have advised her to defer her application to September. It seems right now the processing time is about 3 months ..so I think Feb applicants might only hear back sometimes in May. which will be too late to start May session...

Teeteejii:

hey no update yet.

Study permit for may 2021
Date of submission: Feb 13 2021
Biometrics requested: Feb 15, 2021
Biometrics completed: Feb 16, 2021
Eligibility Started: February 24, 2021
Upfront Medicals done: March 25, 2021
Medical passed - April 12, 2021

Hopefully soon. Wishing everyone that applied good news soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.