Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (868093 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
AMEN!!![quote author=Aladeope post=100968014][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 8:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
AMEN!!!
olasubomy:

It means a visa officer is currently reviewing your file. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by goldee29: 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2021
Thank you for your response. I meant Full time MBA, however EMBA means Executive MBA.

Anon123:

EMBA? In full pls so I can advice properly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Room112(m): 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
peruxie:
which branch did your sponsor eventually get one and also what was the procedure ?

Most branches in firstbank are not on the pilot phase so you will have to get the customer service of your branch to contact ebusiness dept in their head office lagos. To get the name of the staff in-charge pls contact the customer service number on ''visa-mybankstatement.com'' she will give it to you so your customer service officer can reach him or his department by mail. It cost 1000 naira and can paid via paydirect or quick teller.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bblight: 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good evening everyone.
Please I am applying for a study visa in Canada.
Please is it advisable to use my brother in Canada as my sponsor when applying for a student visa.

He is the only one with an account that has a considerable amount of money that have stayed in his account for 6months.

He is willing to transfer the amount I need to any account that I may decide to use but I am not sure what to decide as sending a lump sum of money to an account which I may decide to use as my statement of account will raise an eyebrow.

My mum has a company account but there is less than 5million in the account at the moment because the COVID 19 affected her business and in the last 6months they have not been movement of fund in the account.

I also have my personal account with an amount of about 2million and there have been movement of fund in the account for the last 6months.

Please can anyone advise me on what to do as per which account statement will be best to use or which account should money be transferred to.

Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 8:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Bro have you gotten your passport back ?

oyibo4real:
Just felt to share

Am still waiting for my son's PPR to arrive. For those that might be applying with their child/ren, please submit the study permit form instead of the visiting visa form, this is what is actually delaying my son's application and its hindering me from making my travel plans.

Enough of this PPR dryness, let there be RAIN OF PPR upon THY Children MIGHTY GOD, AMEN!!!

IT SHALL END IN PRAISE FOR EVERYONE!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ade2303:

Did you get NSE request?
Did you submit MBS and ielts
Did you do upfront medical?

Has your background check completed and you medicals updated passed?

GCMS note revealed a lot.

(I got NSE request on 25th March and submitted MBS same day. I had submitted IELTS result before giving Biometrics)

(Eligibility started on 29th March)

Medical examination for me is tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
elizyous:
I submitted Feb 4th. I will lead the prayer session and be shouting AMEN!!!!

It will end in praises for us all in JESUS NAME! AMEN!

I remember you. We submitted on the same day. It will end in praise for us in Jesus name!
Amen!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by netken: 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
Please are u to resume school in may?
Spectro:

(I got NSE request on 25th March and submitted MBS same day. I had submitted IELTS result before giving Biometrics)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gentleluv: 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hello house, pls did anyone applied to NSCC for fall 2021? I applied and got a mail today that application was unsuccessful because transcript sent from my University here wasn't official and because of that application wasn't successful. But my mum works at the University and she did helped to get the transcript and was mailed from the academic office, pls what can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
netken:
Please are u to resume school in may?

No, September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by netken: 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
Did u get MER or u are doing it upfront
Spectro:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Psychosocial: 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
I just received my PPR. I was denied about two years ago. How can I get the Biometric Slip?? I don't think I still have it.
oyibo4real:

Yes oo, since Saturday and it came with my beautiful visa grin. Still surprised it was sent, processed and returned within 48hrs shocked

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
gentleluv:
Hello house, pls did anyone applied to NSCC for fall 2021? I applied and got a mail today that application was unsuccessful because transcript sent from my University here wasn't official and because of that application wasn't successful. But my mum works at the University and she did helped to get the transcript and was mailed from the academic office, pls what can I do?
That’s where I got my admission for fall. If you are able to get your transcript delivered to them officially you won’t have any problem as that’s the only that’s required of you to get admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ibkpgeo:
Bro have you gotten your passport back ?

Yes oo, since Saturday and it came with my beautiful visa . Still surprised it was sent, processed and returned within 48hrs

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 9:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
Good evening house.

Please between QĽife and IOM, which one is preferred for Medicals?
Need to make a quick decision please.

Thank you

Both of them

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Psychosocial: 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
oyibo4real:

Yes oo, since Saturday and it came with my beautiful visa . Still surprised it was sent, processed and returned within 48hrs 
Sent you an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by pstfrancis(m): 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hello guys pls your input will be appreciated especially from all my bosses.
I have Msc Human Nutrition but was employed by my school with my Bsc food science. Most the classes I take is food science related courses. I want to find out if I can go for Msc Food science again or something else. Thanks house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Psychosocial:
I just received my PPR. I was denied about two years ago. How can I get the Biometric Slip?? I don't think I still have it.

Finally, here comes a PPR oo, let it RAIN on your children God, wow!

CONGRATULATIONS bro, I don't really know how you can go about your misplaced biometric slip, two years no be beans. Put put a call across to VFS office tomorrow, I believe they should be able to proffer solution or give you another one.
Congrats again.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
netken:
Did u get MER or u are doing it upfront

No, it's upfront. I booked last month... Q-Life.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
Psychosocial:

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by toki4real: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
I applied on 13th March, done biometrics , what I have here is background check for 5weeks now

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
I am resuming there by Fall , by God’s grace.

Was your transcript sent by the school officially or it was sent by an individual? I had mine with WES so, WES did the sending.

gentleluv:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by netken: 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2021
Okay all the best..am also to resume sept and eligibility started mar 24..i think i wìll go ahead and book for upfront medicals
Spectro:

No, it's upfront. I booked last month... Q-Life.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
netken:
Okay all the best..am also to resume sept and eligibility started mar 24..i think i wìll go ahead and book for upfront medicals

Yeah, I think you should.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
Maygirl953:
Had ghost update on Sunday morning, had another one today. Pls what does it meaning?

. Fever don catch me. Lord, it shall end in praise.

What is a ghost update please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cherukei2015: 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hello Gurus and everyone in the house, I just stumbled on this platform a few weeks back and it amazing to see the level of support and encouragement that is being shared here; WELDONE you guys.

I am silent reader but decided to come out of the closet to respond to you
akoko123:

My timeline is as follows;
Upfront medical - Sept 2020
Visa Applied: January 31st 2021
Medical Passed - 8th Feb 2021
Received Request Letter for NSE - 26th Feb
Submission Deadline - 26th March
Sent Webform on 27th March to IRCC requesting for application to go through normal route because I didn't already have an IELT result and it was impossible to meet the deadline given by IRCC because there were no flexible test that will allow me meet the deadline.
Received email from IRCC - 15th April confirming that they received my webform message.
Review of Eligibility: Not started

My advice to you is do not be in a hurry to decline the NSE request, I feel they look at the applicant as unserious besides your application will still be suspended for 30 days.

I just got a letter from IRCC today that I qualify for NSE and I should submit IELTS and Mystatement of Acc .
I'm confused as the IELTS is low band 5 but my account is adequate. Even if I choose to write a new IELTS I dont want to do computer based cos that affected me the last time and the next available IELTS written exam at MOD abuja is about 4weeks away which by then I wont be able to meet up with the request deadline..

PLEASE, should I ignore the request for NSE and allow them proceed normally or I must supply the requested info.

Secondly, if I ignore, can that affect final decision?
HELP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 10:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

I just thought of something now, (An ASSUMPTION THOUGH)

- Was it the day you wanted to submit your Study Visa Application, you downloaded your IMM FORMS from the IRCC website or you have downloaded it a long while ago on your system?

- Did you download the form from a random third party website that has the IRCC IMM forms?

- Was the Acrobat Adobe Reader you used to fill your form an UPDATED ONE

Am asking this cos IRCC do state that, an applicant must make sure he/she downloads the updated IMM forms from the IRCC website (cos the IMM form for January 2021 can be quite different from the March 2021 IMM form) & make use of the latest ACROBAT READER to fill the forms

I actually downloaded it that day, and I checked with my old im forms, all are the same though.. and I have the bank statement of the card I used in Canada, there are no reversal till date also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Anon123:

But IRCC should have contacted the applicant and let him know that the visa fee payment didnt go through before now. Besides its not its fault but from the payment platform or service at the time of payment.

I think its unfair to be issued a procedural fairness letter cos the issues raised is a technical fault not from the applicant

My point, funny thing is there was no reversal showing on the card bank statement, preparing to submit the documents already..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cherukei2015: 10:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
Please what is this ghost update?
Maygirl953:
Had ghost update on Sunday morning, had another one today. Pls what does it meaning?

. Fever don catch me. Lord, it shall end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
sirenoel:
I can only answeron the chargeback part. It means the bank you made your applicationand biometrics payment with has recalled the money from IRCC's position. Either the person who mad Serge payment made the request or the bank did for some reason. Or a technical challenge from the bank. Either way, you get the point. You need to make another payment.

I would I make a repayment when there is no charge back on the bank statement, the money wasn’t returned or something.

More so, for charge back, the headings are always a request letter mostly.. don’t know why it’s added to procedural fairness

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia