Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (867651 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 10:25pm On Apr 20, 2021
shupy:
. If you're certain you did. Attach the form and include a screenshot of that section. Be very polite in your response. In regards to the chargeback, reach out to the person that paid on your behalf. Let the officer understand that there's a 100 USD limitation on international transaction when making payment with card issued from Nigerian banks.

That’s what am on already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
dedecoder:
Have you done anything about these allegations up till now?

Something tells me that the person who paid on your behalf used a credit card, and possibly howbeit inadvertently, initiated a chargeback. It could even be that their credit record isn't OK. Please, get them to explain what transpired to you. Even from my end, I do not think you could have played such a prank.

But then, you can only pray and hope that your VO will find your explanations satisfactory. I say this for three reasons:

The default setting of most VOs is to believe the worst about applicants - that you an economic immigrant, with tendencies to lie and misrepresent. The onus is on you to prove otherwise

2. From filling of forms to payments and other correspondences, you are responsible for whatever information that got to their desk on your behalf.

3. This is not a standalone suspicion. It came alongside another suspicion that you answered falsely to a question.

My Take on the Allegation of Answering Falsely

Truth be told, before a VO prepares a PFL, he/she would have reviewed the matter twice or more. You most likely clicked NO (notice I said most likely, not definitely). It could be by mistake.

After all, who hasn't thought they picked something from somewhere before only to discover that they didn't?

Be honest in your response and write in a clear, convincing way to state your points. These people are humans, not alien to errors. The way you write and argue your point can dismiss or affirm their suspicion.

I sincerely wish you the best.

I checked all the files I submitted, I saw that I ticked that box, I was so sure even before checking my im forms on my system, to me it was a mistake from the vo,

About the charge back, my uncle already send the bank statement and the money hasn’t been reversed till date also, my lawyer already doing a write up and am already listing out all the documents am resending to them also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gentleluv: 10:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
Theboysquare1:

That’s where I got my admission for fall. If you are able to get your transcript delivered to them officially you won’t have any problem as that’s the only that’s required of you to get admission.
thanks alot I wasn't in the school but my mum works at the University and she did the whole transcript issue and told me it's been sent via school email. But I had to call her immediately about the whole issue and tomorrow she will go back may be I should send it via courier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gentleluv: 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Name sake amen and thanks. Just thinking if I should send it via courier.
Toopee:
I am resuming there by Fall , by God’s grace.

Was your transcript sent by the school officially or it was sent by an individual? I had mine with WES so, WES did the sending.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
Psychosocial:
I just received my PPR. I was denied about two years ago. How can I get the Biometric Slip?? I don't think I still have it.

Good day @psychosocial am in the same situation as you did biometrics 2yrs ago and am currently awaiting ppr, but I also can't find my biometrics slip. Some suggested to me that if ppr comes I can print out the whole information from my gckey the section that lists all information on my biometrics and uci number.
Someone suggested on this platform that you get in touch with a VFS agent to explain your situation, I already sent you a private message to connect with you as I would like to get in touch to know the outcome and how you were able to scale through it.

Don't mind my epistle ��

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chrome1(m): 12:01am On Apr 21, 2021
Uduak55:

Hello @chrome1, I would like to ask a few questions regarding your application to Centennial College, on behalf of my sister. Kindly accept my email invite.
Hi, Please feel free to drop me a message. I submitted my application documents on 12th of April and got the offer (deposit letter) on the 15th of April. I made the required deposit (2650 CAD) on 16th of April. So, I am awaiting the letter of acceptance. They didn't even give me a deadline to pay the deposit. Here is their words "Due Date of Deposit – Payable now (there is no guarantee on availability of space) The program you were assessed for is highly competitive and fills up quickly. If the program fills up or closes by the time we receive your payment deposit, we will issue the offer letter for the next available intake."
For guys who got admitted at Centennial College, is it same story for you?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JoshM23: 2:10am On Apr 21, 2021
Has anyone used KLm from naija to Toronto.. dem correct bah?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:52am On Apr 21, 2021
AdoChel:
Thank you for sharing this information. Please if my siblings also have visas, do I have to include their visa pages?

sure u can

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 5:00am On Apr 21, 2021
chrome1:

Hi, Please feel free to drop me a message. I submitted my application documents on 12th of April and got the offer (deposit letter) on the 15th of April. I made the required deposit (2650 CAD) on 16th of April. So, I am awaiting the letter of acceptance. They didn't even give me a deadline to pay the deposit. Here is their words "Due Date of Deposit – Payable now (there is no guarantee on availability of space) The program you were assessed for is highly competitive and fills up quickly. If the program fills up or closes by the time we receive your payment deposit, we will issue the offer letter for the next available intake."
For guys who got admitted at Centennial College, is it same story for you?

Yes I got admitted for fall but waiting for the acceptance letter

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:04am On Apr 21, 2021
JoshM23:
Has anyone used KLm from naija to Toronto.. dem correct bah?
yes but my friend who used. Said after doing her first covid test. They emailed her that she'd do another at the airport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 6:09am On Apr 21, 2021
oyibo4real:

Yes oo, since Saturday and it came with my beautiful visa grin. Still surprised it was sent, processed and returned within 48hrs shocked

Wow. That was really fast. Is this Abuja or Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 6:10am On Apr 21, 2021
Johanneiyoha:
Pls bro,how do I get justmellow on IG?
I typed it and brought out other names.
Pls hw do I get him to attend to me.
Bros, I will rather advice you not to give your self headache over this.

When you are ready to apply again, you can contact Justmellow and his team on Instagram, there are other profs too here

GCMSwriters .

They will help you write your letter and scale via the challenges.

I made this silly mistake in my first application. Used a whole month to write SOP of 8 pages and still wrote rubbish with confidence grin

As I dey read my SOP self I dey happy. I done set, I done do photocopy, put passport, ready envelope to send, Nah passport request letter remain. Application Submitted 31days ago.

If dem try talking in any rubbish grin, I done contact Immigration lawyer for reconsideration or we enter court with judicial review. 3,000CAD done ready grin

Bro,can you text me justmellow IG ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 6:48am On Apr 21, 2021
Our beloved country

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anndav(f): 6:58am On Apr 21, 2021
Johnpaul94:
Our beloved country

Pls is dis a new update processing time for this week?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 7:06am On Apr 21, 2021
Anndav:

Pls is dis a new update processing time for this week?

This is the new update as at this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 21, 2021
Johnpaul94:
Our beloved country

Regardless of how bad things are in our country, and how diplomatically useless our government is, this wide gap between the processing time of Ghanian and Nigerian applications is totally unfair to Nigerians. I feel we need to start calling out IRCC on Twitter for this unfair treatment.

I know some people will think that Nigerian applications take so long because of the so-called timewasting hurdles in verifying documents originating from Nigeria, however the very fact that IRCC started its NSE pathway and made the claim that they could process the applications in merely 20 days tells us otherwise.

The existence of NSE totally shows that much of this delay is intentionally engineered against us.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 7:12am On Apr 21, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Regardless of how bad things are in our country, and how diplomatically useless our government is, this wide gap between the processing time of Ghanian and Nigerian applications is totally unfair to Nigerians. I feel we need to start calling out IRCC on Twitter for this unfair treatment.

I know some people will think that Nigerian applications take so long because of the so-called timewasting hurdles in verifying documents originating from Nigeria, however the very fact that IRCC started its NSE pathway and made the claim that they could process the applications in merely 20 days tells us otherwise.

The existence of NSE totally shows that much of this delay is intentionally engineered against us.

I concur with you. We need bring IRCC attention to this ill development on Twitter.

Last week I checked, Ghana processing time was 10wks while Nigeria processing time was 20wks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 7:14am On Apr 21, 2021
Rootiab:
yes but my friend who used. Said after doing her first covid test. They emailed her that she'd do another at the airport.
most airline at the airport request rapid test at the airport most especially Virgin airline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 7:23am On Apr 21, 2021
Please how much is police clearance certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 7:39am On Apr 21, 2021
Please give us update on this abeg.
Wishing you all the best.

demure178:

My point, funny thing is there was no reversal showing on the card bank statement, preparing to submit the documents already..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 7:46am On Apr 21, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
Ranging from 5k- 15k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 7:47am On Apr 21, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

It’s honestly not fair
We were on our own and they brought the NSE which they said it takes 20days , let’s just pity them and call it 1month
Now just image people who submitted with NSE documents with the hope of faster results and they’re waiting for over 4months
And it’s even more crazy that when they request for this NSE, applicants go out of their way to make sure they meet up with the NSE requirements and guess what
Some of them still get denied for funny reasons.
I know this visa isn’t our right but It’s sha not fair ...Omo e go better.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 7:57am On Apr 21, 2021
Thank you
Rootiab:
sure u can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 7:59am On Apr 21, 2021
Please can anyone share contacts of people who can do it for 5-7k? Thank you.

Blaze123456:

Ranging from 5k- 15k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 8:03am On Apr 21, 2021
AdoChel:
Please can anyone share contacts of people who can do it for 5-7k? Thank you.

This can serve

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Backcheck: 8:12am On Apr 21, 2021
TundeTheHunter:

Bro how far with your application? Any update after the BVL?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 8:12am On Apr 21, 2021
Current processing time for Nigeria is now 21 weeks while Ghana is reduced to 6 weeks. What's really happening. How did I find myself in this country?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2021
21 weeks is outrageous even the so call NSE processing time is a scam

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2021
My cousins PPR just dropped this morning

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2021
Theboysquare1:
My cousins PPR just dropped this morning

Congrats

Timeline please

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)