Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861123 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Gbolah21:

Oh ok thank you, but I’d like to know, is study permit different from admission offer ?

YES...Study permit is your visa but admission offer is your admission letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by thaiwo1234: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hello
Pls for the IELTS which are we to write and for the MBs how much is meant to be in the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
Callioge:
Honestly this nse is scM, applied February 23rd through nse till date no updates whatsoever, God is in control. Amen

Tomorrow makes it 2months since I submitted NSE and eligibility started. Yet to get a decision.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thought you got BVL yesterday or the day before?

If i am correct, i think you're super close, maybe a little details is all that is needed from your end to seal the deal. Don't worry, your next post is that of PPR God willing. you've gone this far, no going back bro.

God is involve

TundeTheHunter:
Yes... they did.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by scaezar: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thanks a lot. Yes, they requested for a new LOA. Just that.
I wish you all the best!
Ifelajulo:

Congratulations all glory to God. 16months is not a joke.

IRCC must have tried your faith. Please after your submission of LOA and POF, do they ask for these documents again before your PPR? Mine is 10months this month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
Darmison:
Hello fellow dreamers. Please i need help. What can A microbiologist that graduated with 2.2 in Nigeria go for in Canada. @lekiboboe
Please help

A PGD in quality Assurance manufacturing and management

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
Darmison:
Hello fellow dreamers. Please i need help. What can A microbiologist that graduated with 2.2 in Nigeria go for in Canada. @lekiboboe
Please help
See the links below for MICROBIOLOGY related PG. Cert programs and the schools offering them, then google search them.

Note:
Endeavor to check the 3-links below cos most of the programs in the links are the same , but there are one or two programs that are spread between the 3-links

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/557#96293458

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/406#94920304

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/254#99028079

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
Good day everyone. Please after PPR what next. Does my cousin have to book appointment to get her passport submitted. Please I need answer. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
thaiwo1234:
Hello
Pls for the IELTS which are we to write and for the MBs how much is meant to be in the account

Either the general or academic. I'll advise you do the general. Standard POF is 30k CAD inclusive of your first tuition. The gurus can assist further

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hexzelle: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
RxOtunba:
Yea, flutterwave barter card, that's what I used in paying for my application.

When was the lastime you used the barter card for international transaction?
Trying to create one but the reviews on play store b one kind

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
hexzelle:

When was the lastime you used the barter card for international transaction?
Trying to create one but the reviews on play store b one kind

Forget those reviews, man. Barter card works fine, so long as you're ready to go by their high exchange rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bunmijab: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hello everyone
Please I want to ask about using my dad's landed property as a supporting document... Can I still use it even without a certificate of occupancy on it? But it has a red copy.

Also for sponsor
Please can I use my in-laws company and still add my dad land documents as supporting documents?

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
Helloeveryone, please which is more reliable Qlife or IOM? Or are they both effective.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
TennieYF:
Helloeveryone, please which is more reliable Qlife or IOM? Or are they both effective.

They’re both effective.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hexzelle: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Forget those reviews, man. Barter card works fine, so long as you're ready to go by their high exchange rate.

Gracias!, hopefully it works on upwork o!, naija debit cards na case

Modified: not a great or good experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2021
TennieYF:

Also, I am seeing that Qlife costs N40k while IOM costs N46,500. Is this accurate or am I choosing the wrong one with Qlife?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
Mobi22:

They’re both effective.

Okay thanks. The Qlife is like 6k cheaper than IOM, is this correct?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
TennieYF:

Okay thanks. The Qlife is like 6k cheaper than IOM, is this correct?

Yes Q-Life is cheaper by N6,5k. Both clinics are good. Personally, I used qlife. Did my medicals on 25Feb and submitted my application Mar 4th. My results took 5days to be sent to IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
Please if one is doing upfront medicals for NSE, do I need to fill the Request for Medical form, IMM 5753?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
TennieYF:
Please if one is doing upfront medicals for NSE, do I need to fill the Request for Medical form, IMM 5753?

Medicals is mandatory if you pass the eligibility phase of your application. Doing an upfront medicals doesnt guarantee or add any advantage to your application only that it hestens the final decision to be made on your application either positive or negative.

You mustnt fill the form.you can apply with the other three forms cos when you apply, theres no specific section for the medical form but the other three have sections for it.

NSE route requires you to provide an IELTS result of at least 6.0 per band and MBS(Mybankstatement) certificate. Medicals no follow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
TennieYF:

Nope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
Let me officially introduce myself.

I’m not very new although I’m new!

I’ve been lurking in the backgrounds of Nairaland since early 2020 after I submitted my first application. And my! Have I grown since then.

I first heard about this place from a Nigerian-Canadian YouTuber sometime mid 2019.

After my first application, I became an active reader and soon realized the mistakes with my application. Even before the refusal came I knew I would be refused because my application was just rubbish�

But since after the delay, I’ve read and learned a lot from the gurus and expert here starting from as far back as thread 13! I became an active reader from thread 15 till date.

I’ve just reapplied after all the life changing nuggets that I gleaned from gurus like @frankrobbn1 @justmellow and some other very old names I can’t mention now.

I was in the background live when @Luckymama @fratermathy and the rest were here doling out advices and tips. I even remember when @Lekiboboe joined and asked his first question� And today he’s a guru of repute even though he would want us to believe he’s not. My brother only God almighty will reward you for all your efforts and time given to this thread.

Here’s my timeline as it stands now:
First Application: April 25, 2020
Biometrics: Sept 24, 2020
BVL: Sept 25 2020
Refusal: Sept 26

Second Application
Deferred program to Fall (Sept), 2021
Upfront Medical: Feb 25, 2021
Submitted: Mar 4, 2021 with MBS
Background Check: Mar 5, 2021

On 11th Mar (7days after I applied, I realized I mistakenly opted ‘NO’ to that infamous question about if one has been denied Canadian visa or any other country visas before. I quickly filled out a new e1294 form with the correct info and sent via webform. At the same time I sent a very compelling email to all the IRCC email addresses individually, pleading with them that it was an honest mistake.

Only Beijing and Edmonton I think responded that they’ve received my new form and updated my application with it. The email also assured me that my application is still being processed.

So, that’s where I am currently in my journey. I decided to become active by rendering solutions to the best of my knowledge and capacity to anyone who requires it. I’m not a guru though. I’m just someone whom Nairaland Canada visa thread has helped a great deal.

{It’ll Surely End in Praise for Us All}

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pinkey2021:

I’ve been lurking in the backgrounds of Nairaland since early 2020 after I submitted my first application. And my! Have I grown since then.

I first heard about this place from a Nigerian-Canadian YouTuber sometime mid 2019.

After my first application, I became an active reader and soon realized the mistakes with my application. Even before the refusal came I knew I would be refused because my application was just rubbish�

But since after the delay, I’ve read and learned a lot from the gurus and expert here starting from as far back as thread 13! I became an active reader from thread 15 till date.

I’ve just reapplied after all the life changing nuggets that I gleaned from gurus like @frankrobbn1 @justmellow and some other very old names I can’t mention now.

I was in the background live when @Luckymama @fratermathy and the rest were here doling out advices and tips. I even remember when @Lekiboboe joined and asked his first question� And today he’s a guru of repute even though he would want us to believe he’s not. My brother only God almighty will reward you for all your efforts and time given to this thread.

Second Application

On 11th Mar (7days after I applied, I realized I mistakenly opted ‘NO’ to that infamous question about if one has been denied Canadian visa or any other country visas before. I quickly filled out a new e1294 form with the correct info and sent via webform. At the same time I sent a very compelling email to all the IRCC email addresses individually, pleading with them that it was an honest mistake.

Only Beijing and Edmonton I think responded that they’ve received my new form and updated my application with it. The email also assured me that my application is still being processed.

So, that’s where I am currently in my journey. I decided to become active by rendering solutions to the best of my knowledge and capacity to anyone who requires it. I’m not a guru though. I’m just someone whom Nairaland Canada visa thread has helped a great deal.

That was really proactive and a smart move.

I wish you an approval this time.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pinkey2021:

Second Application

Thank you very much for your kindness.

May God continue to bless you for all the good things you've been doing.

I wish you success in your application... You deserve the great things yet to come your way.

I think Frankrobbn1 and Lekiboboe should anoint and induct you into the guru-class. I meant that as a joke, but you definitely are a Guru.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement. I got a little nervous when my PPR didn't drop the same day as my BVL. When I then saw a mail from IRCC this morning, I thought for sure that it would be my PPR, only for them to ask for Police Certificate. Abi do they think I am a criminal? embarassed
However, I have uploaded my police certificate today and I am hoping for the best.
I really appreciate being on this forum, I have learnt a lot from the applicants and gurus here.
Even if I don't get it now, I will keep trying.
ooa1st:
Thought you got BVL yesterday or the day before?

If i am correct, i think you're super close, maybe a little details is all that is needed from your end to seal the deal. Don't worry, your next post is that of PPR God willing. you've gone this far, no going back bro.

God is involve

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
Good evening house and a big hearty congratulations to those who got their PPR. More PPRs awaits us.

I want to submit my application and my spouse who is my sponsor, is yet to get pay stubs (pay slips, I think). In case he eventually gets it, can I still be able to upload the file ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement. I got a little nervous when my PPR didn't drop the same day as my BVL. When I then saw a mail from IRCC this morning, I thought for sure that it would be my PPR, only for them to ask for Police Certificate. Abi do they think I am a criminal? embarassed
However, I have uploaded my police certificate today and I am hoping for the best.
I really appreciate being on this forum, I have learnt a lot from the applicants and gurus here.
Even if I don't get it now, I will keep trying.

All indications look like you have an approval verdict in the offing. If it was a refusal, you would have had it almost immediately after your BVL dropped.

It will end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
Spectra welcome

How was medical and IOM today?

I wish everybody good luck.

[qquote author=Spectro post=101001334]

I wish you success in your application... You deserve the great things yet to come your way.

I think Frankrobbn1 and Lekiboboe should anoint and induct you into the guru-class. I meant that as a joke, but you definitely are a Guru. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
Please if I want to submit a document through webform, which visa office should I select? Nigeria-Lagos or Kenya-Nairobi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
olasubomy:

That was really proactive and a smart move.

I wish you an approval this time.

Thank you so much.

Amen.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
Spectro:

I think Frankrobbn1 and Lekiboboe should anoint and induct you into the guru-class. I meant that as a joke, but you definitely are a Guru.

Thank you for your kind wishes and prayers.

As for the guru part...nah, lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.