Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861266 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
ganiruogene:
Please if I want to submit a document through webform, which visa office should I select? Nigeria-Lagos or Kenya-Nairobi?

I sent mine to Kenya-Nairobi and it was received and attended to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
ooa1st:
Spectra welcome

How was medical and IOM today?

I wish everybody good luck.

[qquote author=Spectro post=101001334]

Thank you very much for your kindness.

May God continue to bless you for all the good things you've been doing.

I wish you success in your application... You deserve the great things yet to come your way.

I think Frankrobbn1 and Lekiboboe should anoint and induct you into the guru-class. I meant that as a joke, but you definitely are a Guru.

Thanks a lot.

It was Q-Life, and it was alright.

Have you done your medical examination too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
ganiruogene:
Please if I want to submit a document through webform, which visa office should I select? Nigeria-Lagos or Kenya-Nairobi?

Majority of applications for a study permit from Nigerians are processed in Nairobi, Kenya but you can send it to both. The responsible office would respond to you.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
olasubomy:

Majority of applications for a study permit from Nigerians are processed in Nairobi, Kenya but you can send it to both. The responsible office would respond to you.

It will end in praise.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pinkey2021:

I sent mine to Kenya-Nairobi and it was received and attended to.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2021
scaezar:
16 months later, PPR this morning!!!!!!

Massive congratulations!!!! wow!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement. I got a little nervous when my PPR didn't drop the same day as my BVL. When I then saw a mail from IRCC this morning, I thought for sure that it would be my PPR, only for them to ask for Police Certificate. Abi do they think I am a criminal? embarassed
However, I have uploaded my police certificate today and I am hoping for the best.
I really appreciate being on this forum, I have learnt a lot from the applicants and gurus here.
Even if I don't get it now, I will keep trying.

You will get it don’t worry.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
Toopee:
Good evening house and a big hearty congratulations to those who got their PPR. More PPRs awaits us.

I want to submit my application and my spouse who is my sponsor, is yet to get pay stubs (pay slips, I think). In case he eventually gets it, can I still be able to upload the file ?

You mean after applying? Yes you can via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
Your weekly Administrator is here for updates grin grin grin

Week of April 19 PPR recipients so far! Congrats to you all!! More to come this week!

Psychosocial- April 20 (AOR Feb 10)- NSE
Theboysquare1's cousin - April 21 ( AOR Jan 27)- NSE
Scaezar- April 21 (AOR Dec 2019)
Zodiacwarrior- April 21 (AOR Dec 31) - NSE

I love this PPR rain! For those who got rejected, please stay encouraged and REFIRE!!!! It will end in praise

Teenie19:
Hello House, welcome to a new week!!! Let's pray for more PPR this new week. So last week, I believe 4 people on this platform got their PPR.

Teeeee89- April 12 (AOR Oct 18 2020)
Oyibo4real- April 12 (AOR Jan 24 2021)
DannyD12342- April 14 ( AOR Jan ?? 2021)- Please let us know your AOR date smiley
Eilenora's brother- April 16 (AOR Jan 1 2021)

It seems applications are taking around 3 months on average now.....

Wishing us all best of luck of this week! Stay positive and hopeful!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thank you

Johnpaul94:

This can serve
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2021
Boss Man i have done ooo

Looking up to IRCC to bless me and plenty of us here with PPR.

Your application is doing well anyways. A month plus but you're almost done.... Only bosses can pull such moves.

I wish us all sweet sweet breakfast.

Spectro:

Thanks a lot.

It was Q-Life, and it was alright.

Have you done your medical examination too?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mrkingz: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

No you don't

Egbon,
I sent you a PM via email. Awaiting your response, biko.
Twale baba!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mrkingz: 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
MsJanez01:

Either the general or academic. I'll advise you do the general. Standard POF is 30k CAD inclusive of your first tuition. The gurus can assist further

..with a band 6 (minimum) across all skill levels; L,R,W,S

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nurseriches: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
My timeline: April 2nd 2021
Biometrics: April 3rd 2021
Upfront Medical: April 3rd

Medical Has not been updated
Eligibility has not started
Background check has not yet started

I am applying from the United States of America
Is this Normal??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
Haven’t still gotten mine and I submitted before you
oyibo4real:

Yes oo, since Saturday and it came with my beautiful visa . Still surprised it was sent, processed and returned within 48hrs 
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by badmanjo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
Your background check seems to have started tho with what I'm seeing here

Nurseriches:
My timeline: April 2nd 2021
Biometrics: April 3rd 2021
Upfront Medical: April 3rd

Medical Has not been updated
Eligibility has not started
Background check has not yet started

I am applying from the United States of America
Is this Normal??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by possessor1: 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
Congratulations! Guys!!!
Teenie19:
Your weekly Administrator is here for updates grin grin grin

Week of April 19 PPR recipients so far! Congrats to you all!! More to come this week!

Psychosocial- April 20 (AOR Feb 10)- NSE
Theboysquare1's cousin - April 21 ( AOR Jan 27)- NSE
Scaezar- April 21 (AOR Dec 2019)
Zodiacwarrior- April 21 (AOR Dec 31) - NSE

I love this PPR rain! For those who got rejected, please stay encouraged and REFIRE!!!! It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Emmyzdon: 12:35am On Apr 22, 2021
Please how do I book for biometrics here in nigeria and can I just go there and do it.

What do I need to take to the biometric centre
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by possessor1: 12:50am On Apr 22, 2021
You need to take your letter of invitation for biometrics.
Letter confirming your application (application number etc)
2 photocopies of the data page of your passport.

The gurus can add.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by peruxie: 2:06am On Apr 22, 2021
Pinkey2021:
Let me officially introduce myself.

I’m not very new although I’m new!

I’ve been lurking in the backgrounds of Nairaland since early 2020 after I submitted my first application. And my! Have I grown since then.

I first heard about this place from a Nigerian-Canadian YouTuber sometime mid 2019.

After my first application, I became an active reader and soon realized the mistakes with my application. Even before the refusal came I knew I would be refused because my application was just rubbish�

But since after the delay, I’ve read and learned a lot from the gurus and expert here starting from as far back as thread 13! I became an active reader from thread 15 till date.

I’ve just reapplied after all the life changing nuggets that I gleaned from gurus like @frankrobbn1 @justmellow and some other very old names I can’t mention now.

I was in the background live when @Luckymama @fratermathy and the rest were here doling out advices and tips. I even remember when @Lekiboboe joined and asked his first question� And today he’s a guru of repute even though he would want us to believe he’s not. My brother only God almighty will reward you for all your efforts and time given to this thread.

Here’s my timeline as it stands now:
First Application: April 25, 2020
Biometrics: Sept 24, 2020
BVL: Sept 25 2020
Refusal: Sept 26

Second Application
Deferred program to Fall (Sept), 2021
Upfront Medical: Feb 25, 2021
Submitted: Mar 4, 2021 with MBS
Background Check: Mar 5, 2021

On 11th Mar (7days after I applied, I realized I mistakenly opted ‘NO’ to that infamous question about if one has been denied Canadian visa or any other country visas before. I quickly filled out a new e1294 form with the correct info and sent via webform. At the same time I sent a very compelling email to all the IRCC email addresses individually, pleading with them that it was an honest mistake.

Only Beijing and Edmonton I think responded that they’ve received my new form and updated my application with it. The email also assured me that my application is still being processed.

So, that’s where I am currently in my journey. I decided to become active by rendering solutions to the best of my knowledge and capacity to anyone who requires it. I’m not a guru though. I’m just someone whom Nairaland Canada visa thread has helped a great deal.

{It’ll Surely End in Praise for Us All}
hi I sent you an email request... When resending the form did you attach any letter of explanation on the webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 2:12am On Apr 22, 2021
thaiwo1234:
Hello
Pls for the IELTS which are we to write and for the MBs how much is meant to be in the account

Either if the Ielts; either academic or general training will suffice. For the amount in the account at least $30,000 Cad.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 2:32am On Apr 22, 2021
Anon123:

Medicals no follow

A quick one in the questionnaire of the study permit ''Is work an essential part of your study permit?''

Is the response yes for everybody, or just for people with Co-op?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wealth360: 3:51am On Apr 22, 2021
Hello Everyone.

It's been a while I visited this great 9ja family. I am so happy to see that everything is going on well. Congratulations to those PPR choppers and to those rejected, don't give up please.

Special shout out to @frankrobb1 and Senior man @justwise. Mehn this are the only monikers I know here. Thanks guys for all you do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wealth360: 3:52am On Apr 22, 2021
Please, its NO
Thaiy:

A quick one in the questionnaire of the study permit ''Is work an essential part of your study permit?''

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wealth360: 3:53am On Apr 22, 2021
Otherwise, if your study requires you to work like coop, you can answer yes.
Thaiy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wealth360: 3:58am On Apr 22, 2021
Please Gurus in the house, I kept seeing NSE application. Can anyone inform me about this NSE stuff? What's it about? Doesn't it mean prospective students cannot apply through CIC website again?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chrome1(m): 6:01am On Apr 22, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:
PPR DON LAND THIS MORNING OOOO I GIVE GOD THE GLORY

Congratulations.

What's your POF like? I am still trying to solidify my POF. Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 6:09am On Apr 22, 2021
wealth360:
Otherwise, if your study requires you to work like coop, you can answer yes.

OK, thank you.....I had chosen yes, but will get it corrected to no, as my study does have a coop.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Residentourist: 6:18am On Apr 22, 2021
wealth360:
Please Gurus in the house, I kept seeing NSE application. Can anyone inform me about this NSE stuff? What's it about? Doesn't it mean prospective students cannot apply through CIC website again?

Thanks

NSE stands for Nigeria Student Express. It is a new initiative which is aimed at improving processing time of student visa applications of prospective Nigerian students who are resident in Nigeria. (The processing time is meant to be 20days but unfortunately, that's not the reality)

The requirements are;

1. A minimum band score of 6 on all aspects of IELTS (Academic or General module is accepted)

2. A mybankstatement certificate from your bank showing a transaction history of 1year. Usually the account is supposed to show a balance of 30kCAD (or at least your fees plus the 10k for living expenses)

Most people provide these documents when they apply, others submit normally and get prompted by IRCC to provide the documents. When you get prompted by IRCC you are given a grace period of 30days to submit the documents. During the 30days period, processing of your application is on hold.

IRCC was very explicit when they stated that submitting the documents is not compulsory and when you fail to submit, it is assumed that you have decided to opt out of the NSE route and your application will be processed normally.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Residentourist: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2021
wealth360:

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 6:24am On Apr 22, 2021
Distinguish ladies and gentlemen

His Excellency President @Frankrobbn
The Senate President @lekiboboe
Honourable Speaker @justmellow

Abeg my SOP is ready!!!
Abeg help me look into it

Abeg help your boy oooooo

Don't let me do mistake before correction

Edakun wink wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 6:26am On Apr 22, 2021
wealth360:

Thanks

The NSE is Nigeria Student Express, it does treat applications after it has been submitted via the CIC site. NSE send request to applicants to provide a MBS account and IELTS result within the 30 days period.

Applicants who submit their requirements get their application processed via the NSE route which initially had a processing frame of 20 days, however, it processing time seems to have increased. The request dies specify and instructs on what to provide, the least POF in the account should be $30,000 Cad, and a minimum of 6 in all ielts band.

For applicants who do not received such request or do not have the requirements will respond to have their applications processed via normal route (CIC) which is processed in the CIC timeframe of about 20 weeks.

So to your question, you still have to apply via CIC.

All the best....I am not a guru, wait while other guru responds.

It will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.