Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,319 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857307 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wd2454418: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2021
I urgently needs God's help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oliadeo7: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2021
wd2454418:
I need help urgently! I am to pay school fees in Canadian dollar, but I have it in naira, my consultant suggest I seek for who is in Canada, US or UK that can assist me to pay the money and I pay the person in naira.

The consultant told me raising draft in Nigeria might take 3weeks. Pls and pls I need someone to help me on this I have the money in naira.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2021
Hello,

See link below.

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome6

mastmony:

Kindly assist me with their website

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wd2454418: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2021
Oliadeo7:

Check your pm
OK.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 9:16am On Apr 23, 2021
Good Day,

Could you please assist with the London office email address as well as the link for their webform page.

God bless us all.

Baphil:
I actually still submitted my friend's own after the expiry date and they updated it.

Another different thing I did was to send a mail to the two London email addresses because I noticed from her GCMS notes that London office was the secondary office while the Nairobi office was the primary. So since I had sent a series of webforms and emails to Nairobi that didn't make much difference, I sent the mails London and they responded and told me to raise a webform to them to enable them effectively alert the office in charge and I did so about a week ago and her PPR came out yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibukun2000: 9:22am On Apr 23, 2021
qb41:

Undergraduate or graduate?
undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Precious000: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2021
Good day everyone
I'd like to make an enquiry

I want to study a course of four years and I have an international passport valid for three years
Should I go ahead with it? As I heard that it's possible to renew both the passport and study permit in Canada

Thank you for your response in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2021
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
and
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Webform link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

ooa1st:
Good Day,

Could you please assist with the London office email address as well as the link for their webform page.

God bless us all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 9:37am On Apr 23, 2021
I do not think It is a requirement. Please where was it stated as a requirement? I am open to learn. I have done quite a number of Canadian study permit applications and I did not include it in any and ALL the applications out were approved. So how is it a requirement and they approved without it?

I am actually not saying you should not include it if you want to but I insist it isn't a requirement until you show me where it is stated as so and I will learn. That's why we are here.

All the best!

Gentledaf:

It's not compulsory to include police clearance certificate in your application but it is a requirement. We have to be wise my people

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2021
Precious000:
Good day everyone
I'd like to make an enquiry

I want to study a course of four years and I have an international passport valid for three years
Should I go ahead with it? As I heard that it's possible to renew both the passport and study permit in Canada

Thank you for your response in advance.

Yes you can go ahead and use it. As rightly said, you can renew both the passport and permit in Canada.

It makes no sense renewing a three years valid passport. Besides, I don’t think it’s possible.

Await others input though as this is just my understanding of the situation you presented.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for us All}

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2021
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Only a fool will say that there is no GOD! I have seen him at work in my life and I am a living testimony that He answers prayers in line with His will for you and me.

This journey started 2years ago when I initially wanted to do express entry but my score wasn’t high enough. I wrote IELTS back then and got an 8,8,8,6.5 in S,R,L and W respectively. I contested the writing score and to God’s glory, after 3 weeks it came back approved and my writing score was increased to 7 bringing me to an overall band score of 8.

Fast forward to last year October when I suddenly decided that I wanted to try the study route out and saw a course I like but it was one week to the deadline. I quickly gathered my documents and submitted a few days before deadline. I applied to just one school with faith. To GOD’s glory, I got the admission! 2nd hurdle crossed lol.

I was advised by a friend to ready up everything about packaging my application from Nairaland and I turn this platform to my new bible, digesting every detail from Thread 13 all the way from writing my SOP to how I arranged my documents. I even read from someone’s testimony here, to use my office email when applying which I also did. Thank you all for your immense contributions on this platform. You are saving lives!!! I packaged my application without using any agent, all to the glory of GOD ALMIGHTY. I arranged my documents using table of contents for each section as advised here.

Funny part is that when I submitted my application with full NSE, I was expecting that in one month, my visa would have arrived. This one became a serious test of faith but God is always faithful. Imagine being sent for biometrics 1month after applying as against the usual 1 week of other people. I sent webforms and emails once every week, all the way to the same day I got my PPR and they kept responding with their usual email of its actively under control.

One thing I would suggest is that if you are yet to do your medicals, pls do and send to them. It saves you a whole lot of waiting because when they are checking ur eligibility, rather than sending u to go and do medicals which will take more time, its approved immediately.

My timeline is below:

Application Date: February 4th, 2021 (I submitted my application with all the requirements for NSE route)
Upfront Medicals: February 26th, 2021
Upfront medicals passed: March 2nd, 2021
Biometrics Request Date: March 5th, 2021
Biometrics Done: March 8th, 2021
Request for MBS: April 9th, 2021
Submission of Additional Document (MBS): April 12th, 2021
Eligibility review started: April 13th, 2021
PPR and BVL!!!!! April 22nd, 2021

As at yesterday morning, I was still begging God to give me this as my birthday gift and lo and behold at 9:23am, my love letter dropped!!! I laughed, cried and rolled on the floor in my office. I couldn’t sleep all night, my mind has been racing on different things, truly-problem no dey finish, lol. Please pardon my long epistle.

God is too faithful to fail! He did it for me and will do it for everyone on this platform that is expecting. And to the gurus in the house who constantly help and give advice, may GOD bless you and grant all your hearts requests. AMEN

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by teefinix: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2021
Good morning
Kindly assist. I recently got written authorization to allow my children travel with me to canada . They have visitor visa while i have my study visa.

I mentioned in my request for authorization that i need them with me in canada since my husband is not in Nigeria too.

I already booked a one-way ticket for myself. .since my kids are going with visit visa can i book a one-way ticket for them or a return ticket

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buckyfof(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2021
elizyous:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Only a fool will say that there is no GOD! I have seen him at work in my life and I am a living testimony that He answers prayers in line with His will for you and me.

This journey started 2years ago when I initially wanted to do express entry but my score wasn’t high enough. I wrote IELTS back then and got an 8,8,8,6.5 in S,R,L and W respectively. I contested the writing score and to God’s glory, after 3 weeks it came back approved and my writing score was increased to 7 bringing me to an overall band score of 8.

Fast forward to last year October when I suddenly decided that I wanted to try the study route out and saw a course I like but it was one week to the deadline. I quickly gathered my documents and submitted a few days before deadline. I applied to just one school with faith. To GOD’s glory, I got the admission! 2nd hurdle crossed lol.

I was advised by a friend to ready up everything about packaging my application from Nairaland and I turn this platform to my new bible, digesting every detail from Thread 13 all the way from writing my SOP to how I arranged my documents. I even read from someone’s testimony here, to use my office email when applying which I also did. Thank you all for your immense contributions on this platform. You are saving lives!!! I packaged my application without using any agent, all to the glory of GOD ALMIGHTY. I arranged my documents using table of contents for each section as advised here.

Funny part is that when I submitted my application with full NSE, I was expecting that in one month, my visa would have arrived. This one became a serious test of faith but God is always faithful. Imagine being sent for biometrics 1month after applying as against the usual 1 week of other people. I sent webforms and emails once every week, all the way to the same day I got my PPR and they kept responding with their usual email of its actively under control.

One thing I would suggest is that if you are yet to do your medicals, pls do and send to them. It saves you a whole lot of waiting because when they are checking ur eligibility, rather than sending u to go and do medicals which will take more time, its approved immediately.

My timeline is below:

Application Date: February 4th, 2021 (I submitted my application with all the requirements for NSE route)

As at yesterday morning, I was still begging God to give me this as my birthday gift and lo and behold at 9:23am, my love letter dropped!!! I laughed, cried and rolled on the floor in my office. I couldn’t sleep all night, my mind has been racing on different things, truly-problem no dey finish, lol. Please pardon my long epistle.

God is too faithful to fail! He did it for me and will do it for everyone on this platform that is expecting. And to the gurus in the house who constantly help and give advice, may GOD bless you and grant all your hearts requests. AMEN

Congratulations, what God cannot do does not exist

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2021
With a study visa, are you allowed to work 20hours a week even though on your form u stated NO to the question, do u have recourse to work......
?

Please respond.

olasubomy:
Hello, house, I thought to share with you feedback on a webinar we "( my school)" had online with an official of IRCC today. I specifically asked him if it is true that international students can work more than 20 hours per week due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.

He debunked it and said we are only allowed to work 20 hours per week and that we should be careful of taking information that cannot be verified on the IRCC website so as not to spoil our immigration record.

He mentioned they gave that leverage to those that were supporting the health sector and that they have stopped it.

I thought to share this feedback because I know it would be useful to many.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 9:59am On Apr 23, 2021
wd2454418:
I need help urgently! I am to pay school fees in Canadian dollar, but I have it in naira, my consultant suggest I seek for who is in Canada, US or UK that can assist me to pay the money and I pay the person in naira.

The consultant told me raising draft in Nigeria might take 3weeks. Pls and pls I need someone to help me on this I have the money in naira.

To pay your school fees at the best rate (CBN), please visit any of these banks: Stanbic-IBTC, Fidelity, Access, FCMB etc and ask them for a (FORM A), that you want to pay your foreign University tuition.

Go to the bank with the following documents:

• Original International Passport
• Original copies of your University certificate
• Your school Invoice showing their bank account and other details.
• They’ll give you a form to fill too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dynatotita(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2021
Congratulations once again. For the additional MBS request, did they specify the period? If not what changed between the old one submitted and the new one?

elizyous:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

My timeline is below:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2021
Thanks oh.

I applied initially with MBS in February. The requested for it again in April. I guess they wanted to be sure the money was mine and stilll there.

Please always leave the money in ur account throughout ur application process. You never know!

Dynatotita:
Congratulations once again. For the additional MBS request, did they specify the period? If not what changed between the old one submitted and the new one?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2021
elizyous:
With a study visa, are you allowed to work 20hours a week even though on your form u stated NO to the question, do u have recourse to work......
?

Please respond.

All students are permitted to work for 20hours a week, that’s the standard policy. The evidence of work requirement you’re asking about is Co-op and it’s not all programs/courses that have it included in their program structure.

So if your course has Co-op you choose ‘Yes’ to that question and provide your evidence, if not you choose ‘No.’

So, whatever you chose there has no effect on your 20hours work eligibility granted to all students.

I hope I was able to provide clarity to your question.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2021
elizyous:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

My timeline is below:

A very big congrats to you once again. God is indeed faithful.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2021
Please when did you get the LOA request?
scaezar:
Thanks a lot. Yes, they requested for a new LOA. Just that.
I wish you all the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone

I submitted my online application on March 7, 2021 (reapplication) but my biometrics which I’ve done since the first time I applied in 2019 hasn’t been updated in my new application yet. Is it something to be worried about?

I didn’t submitted any NSE document for my new application and yet to receive any update since I submitted, not even NSE, the only thing that’s been processed here is my background check which has been on immediately I submitted my application.

Is there anyone that reapplied in March or February and has gotten any update since then?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 10:41am On Apr 23, 2021
Who apply for centennial college and has gotten acceptance letter for fall ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by teefinix: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2021
Kindly advise

teefinix:
Good morning
Kindly assist. I recently got written authorization to allow my children travel with me to canada . They have visitor visa while i have my study visa.

I mentioned in my request for authorization that i need them with me in canada since my husband is not in Nigeria too.

I already booked a one-way ticket for myself. .since my kids are going with visit visa can i book a one-way ticket for them or a return ticket

Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OyiBeeBee: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2021
Good morning.
Please I don't mean to derail this thread but I'm sure I'd get the correct answer here.

If my flight is scheduled to leave Lagos on the 8th of May by 10pm and land Toronto on the 9th of May. Please when do I do my covid test?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 10:55am On Apr 23, 2021
God bless you boss

Appreciate

Baphil:
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
and
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Webform link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 11:06am On Apr 23, 2021
I used on April 16th to pay my mum and sis's visit visa application to Canada. I used for my own study visa application in March.
hexzelle:

When was the lastime you used the barter card for international transaction?
Trying to create one but the reviews on play store b one kind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 11:09am On Apr 23, 2021
elizyous:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

My timeline is below:

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2021
Maximum of 72 hours before May 8th

OyiBeeBee:
Good morning.
Please I don't mean to derail this thread but I'm sure I'd get the correct answer here.

If my flight is scheduled to leave Lagos on the 8th of May by 10pm and land Toronto on the 9th of May. Please when do I do my covid test?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2021
Ade2303:
Hello everyone

I submitted my online application on March 7, 2021 (reapplication) but my biometrics which I’ve done since the first time I applied in 2019 hasn’t been updated in my new application yet. Is it something to be worried about?

I didn’t submitted any NSE document for my new application and yet to receive any update since I submitted, not even NSE, the only thing that’s been processed here is my background check which has been on immediately I submitted my application.

Is there anyone that reapplied in March or February and has gotten any update since then?

Hello Ade2303, I’ve been following your posts and it seems we have almost the same profile. I submitted my application (a reapplication too) on Mar 4 and my Biometrics I did last year has not been updated also. Although I submitted MBS.

And just like you too my background check started immediately (Mar 5).

Are you for Fall intake? Maybe they’re waiting till after attending to the May intakes before starting ours.

Let’s keep each other posted on developments.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2021
Gentledaf:
Who apply for centennial college and has gotten acceptance letter for fall ?

Me, although it was last year. I deferred to Fall this year and have a new LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baztardmods: 11:16am On Apr 23, 2021
Please anyone got the number of a genuine police officer especially a woman at the Force Headquarters in Ikoyi. I need to do my police clearance asap.. please I don't need scammers.. and it's not for study.. kindly help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2021
Thanks so much for this. Yes its clear

Pinkey2021:

All students are permitted to work for 20hours a week, that’s the standard policy. The evidence of work requirement you’re asking about is Co-op and it’s not all programs/courses that have it included in their program structure.

So if your course has Co-op you choose ‘Yes’ to that question and provide your evidence, if not you choose ‘No.’

So, whatever you chose there has no effect on your 20hours work eligibility granted to all students.

I hope I was able to provide clarity to your question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.