Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858557 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hassan19

There is nothing confusing.

Did you read the instructions on your GC account? They stated it clearly that when applying online you don’t need to sign because a signature (given by writing your full name) will be requested from you, shortly before you submit your application after uploading all your docs. You can write your full name if you want but it is not required.

Cheers
Hassan19:

Another person said I should not sign
I'm confused, do you mean I should just input my full names?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Uriel12: 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
deommanuel:

You're going upfront bro?

When is your resumption?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by blackyshadow: 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2021

Hi Guys,
Good day to everyone here and a big thank you for the information you've shared and the advised you've given. I have taken my time to go through the previous thread and I can say I have learnt a-lot.

So here's my situation.

I'm about rounding up my BSC programme (Environmental Science and Resources Management) at National Open University this January.

But I want to apply for 2 years Diploma in Radio and Television Journalism at Nova Scotia Community College - NSC, the reason for this course is because over the past five years I have been working in multi-national news media organisations and I have grown a passion for journalism.

My monthly salary presently is almost 400k and I have been investing it on a building project so I do not have any good amount of money in my account. The property if sold can fetch me close to 8mil. I'm 30 years old, single, no kids.

I have someone who can stand has a sponsor, she's has a company and cash inflow is not less 30 million. She's not related to me, she was my former boss who has turn like an aunt to me.

How do you advice I proceed with my application?

JustMellow:

Hello Blackyshadow,

You may want to consider going for a PGD/C in lieu of a Diploma. The reason you gave for the program choice is flimsy. Academically, for graduates, PGD/C and PBC is more of a progressive (professional) bridge to a Diploma.

Secondly, Only use 'the' auntie if you can convincingly and evidently show proof of relationship.

Unless you intend to liquidate the property, its usefulness will come resourceful in demonstrating your home ties. As a matured applicant with work experience, its of essence you're able to show some amount as gainful earner. It will also add vigor to your employment circumstances and financial advantage.

Best of Luck

Hello JustMellow

Thanks for your feedback,

So the course I'm studying now, I'll be graduating by November this year even though my last semester exam is this January. This is the reason why I dont want to PGD because it means I'll have to wait till my final results or G.P is out.

For my age is it out of place to do a Diploma? I don't mind doing it.

As for my work what I said is the truth, it has become a passion and I can provide links to my published video journalism stories with my name on the credits.

As for my sponsor she's not related to me but has become like an aunt to me. She's willing to assist me with whatever I need. Kindly advise what I can do to make it more authentic.

For the funds I can personally save upto 1.5mil between now and June. I don't need to liquidate the property, I can get funds from my sponsor to show POF.

I Just want to see if I can process everything this year so I can move by September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
Kelvine95

Have you ordered your gcms note? What does it say?

Cheers
kelvine95:
Hi all, for those that were denied for this reason below;

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status."

How were you able to rectify this? And when you got your gcms notes, what was the Visa officer concern. Please help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
ConradAce1

It will still not be considered as POF. POF must be readily available money. For instance, you cannot attach a property worth 50 million Naira and not attach a bank statement with adequate money to cover your tuition and LE. You’ll still be rejected.

Cheers
ConradAce1:

I think it goes both ways;
1. Finances: that landed property is worth this said amount... In case of financial constraints while studying, it can be sold to meet up.

2 Home ties: if the said property is own by you or gifted, shows would return to have what you studied in CA installed on that land. Example farming and all.
Again, could be a house gifted to you. Shows you will established back home and there is no need for you wanting to remain there.

So in all, in deeds how it’s outline in your SOP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
MerryCoke:

Please, someone should respond smiley
The information you gave is fund related, so if at the time of applying you have enough funds to cover your tuition and living expenses for the entire duration of your program then you are good to go.
But if you are using a sponsor then he/she will have to show funds for at least the first year of your studies, while showing proof of how he/she intends to continue paying your fees(for subsequent years).

I also want you to know approval goes beyond just having funds, some other aspects needs to be as solid(purpose of visit, home-tie,....etc).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
Uriel12:

When is your resumption?

May / September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
Lentomac

It’s the Naija immigration doc. See sample pic below

Cheers
lentomac:
Hello Guys,

I noticed members who had travelled in this forum do mention Yellow Card

What does YELLOW CARD means?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
tracy0803409:
Good evening House, pls I need to start preparing ahead, cos I don't intend using an agent based on the so many testimonies I have read here, pls I will be receiving my admission letter soon from the two schools I applied to for Masters, what is the next step? After receiving my admission letter, how do I go about my visa application cos I am traveling with my Husband and son, thanks for your candid responses.
It will surely end in praise, Amen
Congratulations on your Admission

To apply for Canada Study Visa Application,

This is your plug

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

The NSE (Nigerian Student Express) route
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/705#97124448

As regards you travelling with your Hubby & Son, that might not be a good idea cos they ought to serve as Ties to your home country (Something that can compel you to come back to Nigeria), and it is mandatory for you to show strong home ties to your home country

I think the guru would be able to shed more light on this

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 5:56pm On Jan 04, 2021
Chocs:
Lentomac

Cheers
Thanks so much Chocs for the attachment

I do appreciate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hello,
To all those who left Nigeria for Canada from December 2020, did you need to get vaccination yellow card to travel?
I don't mean the yellow card you fill at immigration post at airport before departure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
lentomac:

This is your plug

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/705#97124448

As regards you travelling with your Hubby & Son, that might not be a good idea cos they ought to serve as Ties to your home country (Something that can compel you to come back to Nigeria), and it is mandatory for you to show strong home ties to your home country

Thanks a lot, I appreciate you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2021
MadeMan01

It is not required.

Cheers
MadeMan01:
Hello,
To all those who left Nigeria for Canada from December 2020, did you need to get vaccination yellow card to travel?
I don't mean the yellow card you fill at immigration post at airport before departure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yusufoshodi1: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
Good evening guys, Please are there people that are supposed to resume this Jan that are still waitng a response from IRCC?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeenzo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hello guys, apologies for going M.I.A settling down in Canada is something else, but we thank God
So I am just gonna go straight to the point, just a piece of advice in two areas

1. Before your PPR (this stage is for people that are yet to get their positive feedback from IRCC)
2. Arriving in Canada (This stage is for people that have received their passport and already in Canada)

I purposely left out the pre-travel stage because rules and regulations surrounding your pre-traveling can change without notice, when I was traveling I didn’t need to show a COVID test result but now I think Canada actually demands a negative test result from all travelers by air.

1. Before your PPR: This stage can be very grueling and might look long, but over my time listening to gurus here I can tell you that
a. There is no method to this application, no two application is the same, just make sure you do your due diligence.

b. If you haven’t done your medicals please I would advise that you go ahead and book for your medicals because appointment dates run thin very fast. (I am not against anybody wanting to wait for IRCC to tell them to go for their medicals but doing it upfront speeds things up)

c. Order your GCMS notes: if your application has passed 2-3 months without you hearing from IRCC, I suggest you order your GCMS notes, that will give you some peace of mind because you know where you actually stand.

2. Arriving Canada: This stage is for people that are just arriving in Canada:
a. Take your time to adjust: it took me almost a week for my body to adjust to the time, cos when it's just 2 pm in Canada it's like 10 pm in Nigeria and your body would be telling you to go to sleep, so you have to gradually fight it and try staying awake till the evening time or night time for your body to adjust

b. The weather: the weather is nothing like what you have experienced, and honestly your mind and body might not fully prepare you for it. This stage is also gradual; get good snow boots and thick winter jackets, also if you can purchase an electric warmer blanket it would be a good move. Let kijiji be your go-to site for your purchases.

c. opening of account: I strongly recommend CIBC smart for student account because it has no monthly fee, your interac transactions are free, you get access to SPC (Student Price Card) which is a student loyalty program that gives you discount on fashion, food and groceries, movies etc. (please note this is just my two cents as per my research and what i currently use)

d. Accommodation: Make sure that your accommodation if it's off-campus, has all utilities included in your monthly rental fee because trust me the last thing that you want is to be keeping tabs on when your hydro, water, the internet should be renewed to avoid disconnection.

Also about accommodation, please be careful about basement apartments make sure they have heaters, they might be cheap cos they rarely come with heating systems and trust me you wouldn't wanna be in a house that doesn't have a heating system in the basement. so please be careful about basement apartments

Please feel free to ask questions and I would try my possible best to answer them.

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
lentomac:

This is your plug

What about using landed properties as Home ties, my son is less than 2years,what Di you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
lentomac:
Hello Guys,

I noticed members who had travelled in this forum do mention Yellow Card

What does YELLOW CARD means?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Chocs:
ConradAce1

It will still not be considered as POF. POF must be readily available money. For instance, you cannot attach a property worth 50 million Naira and not attach a bank statement with adequate money to cover your tuition and LE. You’ll still be rejected.

Cheers

Ooh noted.
But I meant if attaching a landed property worth some cash, it can be another perspective
Like a rental house. Proceeds from there results from the rents paid - commercial house.
Then this is linked to the BS and backing.
Not just a house.
Me no they they ooh.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
I only did if for personal reasons - to get the new one - but it is not a requirement to travel to Canada. I got the polio vaccine too at the port health facility when I went to replace my old yellow card.

MadeMan01:
Hello,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kandybite: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2021
englois:
Just saw my IELTS result but yet to get the hard copy via courier. Can I use the screenshot of the previewed online result for my NSE request.

Congratulations, you did well ......how did you register pls and what material did you use to prepare?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SwayB(m): 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
lentomac:

Yes you can,

but you gotta package your Application to show you are going to be a best fit for the PG. Cert program you wanna go for despite having a 3rd class

Do refer to this post

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/700#97090650

Advanced Diploma is lesser to a B.Tech/B.SC, so I think your agent is totally wrong on this.

Be careful of the kind of agent you use, so as to avoid stories that touch.

With the Resources on this forum, I feel you can D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself)

Also refer to this post
PG.Cert/Post Baccalaureate in Computer Science Related Programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/431#95227017

Thank you for your input. I just don't want to waste money on application fees cause about three people have told me the same thing that i might not get admission applying for a pgd and at the same time, if i go for an advanced diploma, it does not show career progression. Kind of in a dilemma atm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by femredhead: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Congrats !

Is it Academic or General?

englois:
Just saw my IELTS result but yet to get the hard copy via courier. Can I use the screenshot of the previewed online result for my NSE request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
Chocs:
Kelvine95

Have you ordered your gcms note? What does it say?

Cheers

Hi Chocs, yes. I am yet to receive it. But then, I have gotten a study leave, my mum is transferring her land to me and I am presently in look for a supporting sponsor, as you suggested. Just wanted to know if any other person have had this exact issue and what the person did to rectify it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ose2021: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
yusufoshodi1:
Good evening guys, Please are there people that are supposed to resume this Jan that are still waitng a response from IRCC?

Yes, I am in a similar situation

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by badmanjo(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
Thanks Adeenzo for the detailed information, I would like to know if I can book for my medical weeks before starting my study permit application and also, in your province, what's the estimated price for a 1-bedroom house/space that comes with all utilities... Thank you

adeenzo:
Hello guys, apologies for going M.I.A settling down in Canada is something else, but we thank God
So I am just gonna go straight to the point, just a piece of advice in two areas

1. Before your PPR (this stage is for people that are yet to get their positive feedback from IRCC)
2. Arriving in Canada (This stage is for people that have received their passport and already in Canada)

I purposely left out the pre-travel stage because rules and regulations surrounding your pre-traveling can change without notice, when I was traveling I didn’t need to show a COVID test result but now I think Canada actually demands a negative test result from all travelers by air.

1. Before your PPR: This stage can be very grueling and might look long, but over my time listening to gurus here I can tell you that
a. There is no method to this application, no two application is the same, just make sure you do your due diligence.

b. If you haven’t done your medicals please I would advise that you go ahead and book for your medicals because appointment dates run thin very fast. (I am not against anybody wanting to wait for IRCC to tell them to go for their medicals but doing it upfront speeds things up)

c. Order your GCMS notes: if your application has passed 2-3 months without you hearing from IRCC, I suggest you order your GCMS notes, that will give you some peace of mind because you know where you actually stand.

2. Arriving Canada: This stage is for people that are just arriving in Canada:
a. Take your time to adjust: it took me almost a week for my body to adjust to the time, cos when it's just 2 pm in Canada it's like 10 pm in Nigeria and your body would be telling you to go to sleep, so you have to gradually fight it and try staying awake till the evening time or night time for your body to adjust

b. The weather: the weather is nothing like what you have experienced, and honestly your mind and body might not fully prepare you for it. This stage is also gradual; get good snow boots and thick winter jackets, also if you can purchase an electric warmer blanket it would be a good move. Let kijiji be your go-to site for your purchases.

c. opening of account: I strongly recommend CIBC smart for student account because it has no monthly fee, your interac transactions are free, you get access to SPC (Student Price Card) which is a student loyalty program that gives you discount on fashion, food and groceries, movies etc. (please note this is just my two cents as per my research and what i currently use)

d. Accommodation: Make sure that your accommodation if it's off-campus, has all utilities included in your monthly rental fee because trust me the last thing that you want is to be keeping tabs on when your hydro, water, the internet should be renewed to avoid disconnection.

Please feel free to ask questions and I would try my possible best to answer them.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
femredhead:
Congrats !

Is it Academic or General?

Academic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2021
Kandybite:

Congratulations, you did well ......how did you register pls and what material did you use to prepare?

Thanks. I registered with British council.
I used IELTSLIZ. Google it out.
My advice is that you base more of your preparation on writing. I started practicing for speaking on the exam date. So, let the order of your preparation be in descending order: writing>reading>listening>speaking.
Then, Google IELTS past exams and practice. I think this should suffice.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
SwayB:

Thank you for your input. I just don't want to waste money on application fees cause about three people have told me the same thing that i might not get admission applying for a pgd and at the same time, if i go for an advanced diploma, it does not show career progression. Kind of in a dilemma atm.
You are welcome,

Hmmmm, well No risk, No Reward, So the above link I sent is just an Approach to take a Calculated Risk that can be favorable to you, and so you won't put all your eggs in one basket, try apply to two schools (colleges)

I have friends who applied for a PG. Cert admission in a College with a 3rd class degree, and they got Admission (Cambrian College & Conestoga College to be precise)

Suggestion
- Try apply to Cambrian College (if they have a computer related PG. Cert program)
I heard they have Application Fee waiver for International Students, try confirm that, then you can use your Application fee to apply to another college
e.g Conestoga College and check for a computer related PG. Cert program there and apply, I have seen a response in this forum that says Conestoga College accept 3rd Class

Like you know already Advance Diploma shows no Career progression for a B.TECH/B.SC Graduate

What does it profit an applicant to get admission for a wrong program qualification & not get study visa due to wrong career progression

In a nutshell, do your due diligence & don't be scared to take the bull by the horn

You can await more suggestions to your questions which can be helpful aswell

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by maestro09: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
ConradAce1:

I think it goes both ways;
1. Finances: that landed property is worth this said amount... In case of financial constraints while studying, it can be sold to meet up.

2 Home ties: if the said property is own by you or gifted, shows would return to have what you studied in CA installed on that land. Example farming and all.
Again, could be a house gifted to you. Shows you well established back home and there is no need for you wanting to remain there.

So in all, in depends how it’s outline in your SOP

What if the land belongs to your parent, and you explain that the land will be inherited by yourself and siblings.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
tracy0803409:
What about using landed properties as Home ties, my son is less than 2years,what Di you think?
Yes you can use it

Apart from your Husband and Kids as ties to your home country
- Landed Properties
- Parents
- Siblings
- Your Job in Nigeria
- Positions (e.g Church Youth Leader etc.)

are good Hometies

Since you are married , your Husband and Kid is a strong tie to your home country

To whether your Son (less than two ) can go with you or not, that I can't say, but I feel it's possible

A married Applicant with a kid at that Age range and was successful with her Visa would be able to answer this question

Gurus too can help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deepwater(f): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2021
Chocs:
Lentomac

Cheers

Negative that is not yellow card!

The International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) is known as Yellow card

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89