Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864251 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 8:50pm On May 01, 2021
Winner0718:

Okay Mr lecturer, would you kindly teach me? I am open to learn new things. However, you could see what i said could land me in trouble? Have you asked yourself about what you said earlier if it could land you in trouble?

Ko gba agidi. Use ur brain to think.

Peace

I have taught you enough... learn from my above
Lessons

Before you land in jail cos of false accusation. Shebi you want to go to Canada if you like don’t change that your flippant mouth cheesy undecided shocked when they sue you, you will learn to control your mouth.

Omo I am done typing here.
I pray you don’t learn the hard way

Goodnight

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doree: 9:00pm On May 01, 2021
Doree:
Please gurus, I need a last minute verification.

I am actually doing this myself but I wish to make a strong application without loopholes, however I am confused as to the POF requirement.
My profile,
I am getting 4m transferred from a fixed deposit of three months.
My confusion:
Upon collapse of the fixed deposit, my sponsor's account which the money will pass through to get to mine is not really active and as such, has less than 100k therein. I've been advised to show the transactional page, but then again, the stated page will still show the account balance.

On the other hand, my sponsor also has another account with a steady monthly inflow of 270k but with low balance as well having just concluded a project.

My question.
A. Can the three months Certificate of fixed deposit suffice?
B. If not, do I have to now show the other Account statement in order to prove steady inflows for the sponsor's upkeep? Or is it unnecessary?

Note: I am showing my BS too to reflect the receipt of the money, and that will be the substantial money therein.

Also, I am just accounting for living expenses as my tuition fees are already sorted out my sponsor is my mother.

I"ll also appreciate somebody vetting my SOP. Please, don't ghost me o

Please nah, gurus I'm still here o. Help me make a tidy application.

Please answer, biko...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 9:04pm On May 01, 2021
mostblessedman:
Goodmorning house, Pls I have a few questions I need your help on. I have been admitted to Postgraduate Diploma Program in Business Administration at MUN for fall 2021. The next stage for me now is Visa application. Please I need your advise as to how to go about Proof of funds. My undergraduate education was in Petroleum Engineering, and I graduated in 2011. Ever since I worked the first five years as a Project engineer with an engineering company and was involved in project management and construction related projects, afterwards I joined the bank as a marketer where I still work and do part time home lesson for kids. The money in my personal account is no where near the required tuition plus living expenses (13000CAD). Someone had advised that I defer till January and take the next four months to build the required funds in my account as my age is way above that for parental sponsorship since I will be 36yrs by September and not married. Please I need the gurus in the house to advise me on what to do, as I read that visa application must be made by May 15, 2021 in other to join fall class of 2021
Am no expert. In fact I'm just an applicant. You being self sponsored applicant, you will need to show way more fund than an applicant that's being sponsored. You're going for a 2 year course. Although the financial requirement states an applicant must show funds for 1 year tuition and 10k CAD. That might not be the case for self sponsored applicants. You require a lot of fund. Defer your admission and build up your account. You might also consider going for a 1 year course rather than 2.
You should be concerned about the program you're going for. I can't make sense of how you're going to convince the VO the reason you're going for the course. It just doesn't seem genuine, but if you feel you have a very good explanation, then you're good to go.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2021
Royalty95:

I have taught you enough... learn from my above
Lessons

Before you land in jail cos of false accusation. Shebi you want to go to Canada if you like don’t change that your flippant mouth cheesy undecided shocked when they sue you, you will learn to control your mouth.

Omo I am done typing here.
I pray you don’t learn the hard way

Goodnight

Olodo Mr jailer, the questions i asked you senior you abi i get. Mind you learn to read to understand and dont juat read!!! Its very important sho get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Meringe(m): 9:18pm On May 01, 2021
My nephew got a request letter for ielts. He did the computer delivered test on 24th April, meanwhile, the request deadline is on the 1st of May.
As at this moment, British council is having technical issues of uploading results. He had to write a letter to VO explaining the situation. Is it okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:18pm On May 01, 2021
egaji83:
Thanks for your swift response.... Please the admission I got should resume in Canada by September, you said 15 weeks for review... Can I still meet up Please what I do while I wait Because time is if the essence.... I though it will take like 1 month....

In reality cos of covid, apps don't take a month.. If your application has passed the processing time, you either send mails at different intervals or apply for your notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:23pm On May 01, 2021
fav2deep:

Please how can we successfully send them an email, while I was reading through I saw them saying that sending them an email will delay the success of the application. I do not know how through this is. Is there an email or something

It doesnt rather it brings to their notice your app is taking longer than it should.

Please send a mail using the email you use in apply for visa. Use URGENT as the subject. On the body of the mail ensure u include your

Full name
Date of birth
UCI and application number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by modestmj: 9:25pm On May 01, 2021
Good Evening Everyone,

Please does anyone have an idea where I can do Police Clearance Certificate in Abuja?

Many Thanks�

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:25pm On May 01, 2021
Businesstools:
Good evening, guys.

Has anyone been able to access the IRCC website today? I don't know what is happening. It keeps taking me around.

You were timed out while logging in.. You have to wait for like an hour before trying again or use another browser
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:29pm On May 01, 2021
Teeprecious:
Hello all and happy new month. It shall be our month of endless testimonies by God's grace.
Please how long does it take for IOM to send medical result to IRCC?
Secondly if I want IOM to send my result to me,which of their email addresses do I send my request to?
Thank you.

Good day Chief..
IOM takes 3-5days(might be less)

After completion of the medicals, you will be given a slip as evidence of medicals have been done. IOM sends the results themselves to IRCC after that 3-5days but you can also send via webform (google webform) and attach that slip.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:35pm On May 01, 2021
hoodboy:
there’s a part of the form that says list of relatives living in Canada, please is this inclusive of extended family?

i have a cousin schooling in Canada, as well as an uncle whose status i’m not sure of and a nephew that was born there. do i have to list these people or should i skip.

Secondly, with regards to employment, my last formal employment was as a teacher (npower) and it ended in Aug 2020, been ridimg on bolt since then as well as my side gadget sales, which is not a registered business. so do i fill ik self employed as my current employment/activities?

kindly help me with this

thanks a lot

For the bolded, the form requires you to fill only family directly related to you like parents and siblings, not extended or uncles.

For the employment.. You need to show you have experience related to the intended course with your cv. T
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by scaezar: 9:35pm On May 01, 2021
@psychosocial Howfar with your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 9:38pm On May 01, 2021
Meringe:
My nephew got a request letter for ielts. He did the computer delivered test on 24th April, meanwhile, the request deadline is on the 1st of May.
As at this moment, British council is having technical issues of uploading results. He had to write a letter to VO explaining the situation. Is it okay?

Yes send via webform...

Then wen the result comes out you upload on your visa portal along with the letter

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 9:46pm On May 01, 2021
Please just be strait faward .. what is the Fait people that submitted without my bank statement cert?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 9:55pm On May 01, 2021
Anon123:

For the bolded, the form requires you to fill only family directly related to you like parents and siblings, not extended or uncles.

For the employment.. You need to show you have experience related to the intended course with your cv. T

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentle21: 10:02pm On May 01, 2021
Hello my wonderful people and gurus, Please, I just got Master's admission offer from Concordia Uni of Edmonton. Alberta. I'm confused on the details of the document to submit for my Student Visa and also I will appreciate insight on how to draft my SOP. I will appreciate any assistant, guidance and links that can make my dream a realitiy. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 10:06pm On May 01, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Baggiomarrio,

There are now two study permit streams that applicants from Nigeria must meet either stream requirement for their application to be considered as complete.

As it is clearly stated, all or a considerable number of applications for the Fall 2021 session submitted before May 15, 2021, will be processed before August 6th in time to meet with class resumption.

If your application is for the Fall session, irrespective of when you applied, you will get a decision but it doesn't stop you from having a Plan B.

Best of Luck
thanks very much ..... please break it down. My scul is resuming this may . So that why am asking . I still don’t understand am just 18
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 10:47pm On May 01, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello JDforeal,

Your query is not all clear. However, if your brother is sponsoring you, he will have to demonstrate commitment by paying part of your tuition and LE transferred to you (or open a GIC).

The lump sum can be justified by property sales, deed gift, loan repayment, liquidation of investment, etc.

From the provided information, your sponsor's financial profile may not be satisfactory and the monies can be termed not accessible to PA or as borrowed monies. For better advice, you may want to give a clear picture of the true situation. What about your parents?

Best of Luck

Thanks Justmellow for your response

For more clarity
My sponsor(immediate elder brother) earns 1.1m monthly and has been working in his current job for 8months now with a new bank account but he hardly has tangible balance in his account but currently has 1.6m balance
He has over 8 years progressive work experience

As a family
We’ve been able to raise 10million and plan on sending it to his personal account as sales of property and generate a purchase receipt that would be notarized

Sponsor also has 1.2m in investment account and 6m in pension account
And 5 landed property at purchase price of 7million

Sponsor would pay my first semester fees approx 3m (compulsory to secure a seat) from personal account and also send 5million to my personal account for living expenses for a year

My parents aren’t financially capable, my mom is a pensioner and doesn’t earn much

Please do you think this steps I plan taking is advisable?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 10:49pm On May 01, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello JDforeal,

Your query is not all clear. However, if your brother is sponsoring you, he will have to demonstrate commitment by paying part of your tuition and LE transferred to you (or open a GIC).

The lump sum can be justified by property sales, deed gift, loan repayment, liquidation of investment, etc.

From the provided information, your sponsor's financial profile may not be satisfactory and the monies can be termed not accessible to PA or as borrowed monies. For better advice, you may want to give a clear picture of the true situation. What about your parents?

Best of Luck

Thanks JustMellow for your response

For more clarity
My sponsor(immediate elder brother) earns 1.1m monthly and has been working in his current job for 8months now with a new bank account but he hardly has tangible balance in his account but currently has 1.6m balance
He has over 8 years progressive work experience

As a family
We’ve been able to raise 10million and plan on sending it to his personal account as sales of property and generate a purchase receipt that would be notarized

Sponsor also has 1.2m in investment account and 6m in pension account
And 5 landed property at purchase price of 7million

Sponsor would pay my first semester fees approx 3m (compulsory to secure a seat) from personal account and also send 5million to my personal account for living expenses for a year

Sponsor isn’t married hence doesn’t have any dependent

I have a landed property and a registered business name as my tie back home

My parents aren’t financially capable, my mom is a pensioner and doesn’t earn much

Please do you think this steps I plan taking is advisable?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 11:00pm On May 01, 2021
Hello people, I need update regarding my bro's application, he applied through an agent on 14th December, 2020 and after forcing out login details from the agent today,

I saw that a correspondence letter dropped on 19th April, 2021.....Talking abt biometrics validation.

Same 19th, correspondence letter showing refusal based on purpose of visit, personal assets

Lastly, procedural fairness letter on 29th where the VO talked abt Eco Bank statement not being genuine, and he should respond in 15 days......bank statement is 100% genuine so I plan to send MBS on Tuesday.

My concerns are these;
-Is it possible to get procedural fairness afta a refusal? Or is it that they are trying to reconsider him?

-Application profile states "Action Required" I thought it should be "decision made"

-Profile still shows "we are reviewing your eligibility..." and also "we will contact you when we make a final decision"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 11:00pm On May 01, 2021
shupy:

I'm no expert. However, It's important your sponsor(brother) show sufficient amount in his account, you on the other hand don't necessarily have to submit your statement of account. How old are you?

Thanks so much for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 11:06pm On May 01, 2021
maestro09:

To digress abit from your question, does your brother have dependents (wife and kids)? If yes, how does he plan to provide for them if only you is taking 8 million from him.

I think you should mention if his wife is working to show that she supports the house with her income.

Thanks a lot for your response

My brother isn’t married (30 yrs old) I’m he’s immediate younger sibling
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Businesstools(m): 11:20pm On May 01, 2021
Legacyedition:

Use another browser.

I just did and it worked. Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Businesstools(m): 11:21pm On May 01, 2021
Anon123:

You were timed out while logging in.. You have to wait for like an hour before trying again or use another browser

I used another browser and it worked. Thanks a million.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mofolam: 11:26pm On May 01, 2021
Please I use God take beg una. Some of us are jjc and are we reading this thread from 2019 to help tidy a flawless-avoiding-story-that-touch application. Please let’s refrain from elongating the thread unnecessarily. If you want to argue or engage in keypad Fight. pls do it in ur pms. God no go shame all of us

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 11:27pm On May 01, 2021
RxOtunba:
Hello people, I need update regarding my bro's application, he applied through an agent on 14th December, 2020 and after forcing out login details from the agent today,

I saw that a correspondence letter dropped on 19th April, 2021.....Talking abt biometrics validation.

Same 19th, correspondence letter showing refusal based on purpose of visit, personal assets

Lastly, procedural fairness letter on 29th where the VO talked abt Eco Bank statement not being genuine, and he should respond in 15 days......bank statement is 100% genuine so I plan to send MBS on Tuesday.

My concerns are these;
-Is it possible to get procedural fairness afta a refusal? Or is it that they are trying to reconsider him?

-Application profile states "Action Required" I thought it should be "decision made"

-Profile still shows "we are reviewing your eligibility..." and also "we will contact you when we make a final decision"

You need to have that agent arrested walahi

Finally send the MBS asap. But he has been refused which is a surprise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 11:30pm On May 01, 2021
I just dey vex for here, I neva tell applicant sef lol.........But my question is "does procedural fairness come after decision? A whole 10days after.
Anon123:

You need to have that agent arrested walahi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 11:31pm On May 01, 2021
All this back and forth on the 1st of a new month. Omo!! May is starting hot hot. Please one love..... On another note, have the Canadian prime minister and Ontario premier concluded on the restriction on international students?? Cause I’m getting really home sick, I need to move my flight ticket.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 247humble: 11:55pm On May 01, 2021
bollybeejay:

Masters or Post Graduate diploma in electrical engineering related program is better

Thanks for the input.
Schools are not accepting me to switch from Chemical Engineering to Electrical Engineering at Master's or even PGD Level, they say there lots of EE Courses that I didn't do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Geo4646: 12:23am On May 02, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elyasix: 1:07am On May 02, 2021
Hello everyone!. I want to make a deposit of 1500cad into Conestoga college using flywire and it says "we are unable to receive money from your country ATM"... Please is there anyone who has made the deposit into Conestoga college before? Please guide me through another option(s) Thanks and God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ysakaws1: 1:37am On May 02, 2021
shegzy25:
Please assist me the pic is blur, please open the file attached to this text
Please what was the outcome of this? How did you address the issue and what was IRCC’s decision?

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78