Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864225 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ruthbella(f): 11:51am On May 06, 2021
Goodmorning, Has anyone who applied for study visa between December 9 and December 19 2020 through normal route received PPR ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johanneiyoha(f): 11:57am On May 06, 2021
Hello Nairalanders
Pls is health insurance plan necessary when applying for visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeebabyyy: 12:00pm On May 06, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS! God will come throughfor us too!
zurryland:
ITS PPR Babyyyyyy
It has ended in praise ooooooooo
The excitement is toooo much
To God be the Gloryyyyyy
TIMELINE.......
APPLIED January 27 ,2021 with NSE Documents
Biometrics January 30th
Upfront Medical Febuary 9th
medical passed Febuary 15th
Eligibilty Review started Febuary 20th
Background Check Febuary 25th
March 8th....i recieved a mail from them asking for additional MBS.i.was suprised because i sent everything the first time but i still responded sharpaly.

Then the wait started...from March 8th, my status didn't change again till yesterday.
BVL..May 4th
PPR May 5th..
My school is resuming this May.....
I want to encourage someone with my beautiful testimony.God released my PPR just at the nick of time when i was considering a deferral to september.He showedd up for me.
I have beeen a silent reader since last year.Thanks guys @justmellow for responding to my mails.u rock and to other GURUS, keep up the good work.
Uni of Manitoba see youuu sooooon.

Indeed it has ended in praise�����

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 12:05pm On May 06, 2021
Aladeope:
yes

As long as you did not agree on a fee and he just paid to claim a figure.. ignore that guy, change your admission portal password immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MATHEWADEX: 12:05pm On May 06, 2021
Thanks, please which post can I get the full information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 12:05pm On May 06, 2021
Johanneiyoha:
Hello Nairalanders

NO!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MATHEWADEX: 12:08pm On May 06, 2021
Thanks. Which post can I get the full information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ayoslas88: 12:08pm On May 06, 2021
[quote author=sunshine087 post=101431147]Hello gurus in the house.

Need your help.

My little sister just got the NSE request. However, we want to go through the regular route. Is there anything we can do to let

When did u submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 06, 2021
Johanneiyoha:
Hello Nairalanders

Now you're asking the right question. And the answer, I think, is: No!

It's the job of the school offering you admission to ensure that your student health insurance plan is in order; that's why insurance cost is often included as part of your tuition and fees. I don't know any Canadian school that will enrol you if your health insurance isn't in order. As such, IRCC hardly spends her scarce resources to look into your plan of health insurance upon entering Canada as a student. The schools are constitutionally obligated to ensure you as a student, and particularly an international student, maintain a health plan before enrolment.

But does IRCC worry about your health insurance plan during your time in Nigeria? The answer is still no. Why would they, when they know that whatever happens to you in Nigeria is none of their business? So long as you have the money to maintain a Canadian health insurance plan when you travel to Canada, you're good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johanneiyoha(f): 12:16pm On May 06, 2021
Kunfu:

How much is the police report

I did mine today 8k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 12:17pm On May 06, 2021
[quote author=ayoslas88 post=101431997][/quote]

Good day @ayoslas88

If you don't want to go through the NSE route just ignore the message your application would be placed on hold for 30days after then they would begin processing it the normal route.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kunfu(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You need the following documents for NSE program;

1. MyBank Statement Certificate
2. IELTS Certificate with no band less than 6.0
3. Upfront medicals.

It will end in praise
Please What do you mean by upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ymc007(f): 12:43pm On May 06, 2021
Ymc007:
Hello people, i seriously need help and advice from our gurus here.
i graduated with a third class in Elect, i have BCS certificate in IT, 5+ years work experience in IT. Can i apply for masters in IT course directly or do a graduate certificate in IT then proceed to masters? i have been looking for diploma courses in IT but only found certificates. Please help. I'm looking forward to starting in January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RuggedArab: 1:01pm On May 06, 2021
Hi Guys, I trust you all are doing fine.

This is my background:
First degree - Computer Engineering
Work experience - 6years ( Financial Analyst)

I am about to apply for a certificate program ( Business Intelligence & Data Analysis & Reporting) in Calgary coming winter 2022.

I have a sibling living in Canada for over 8years now. My sibling got houses ( reason I want to school in Canada) so where to stay would not be an issue.

I am the one sponsoring myself for tuition aside accommodation/feeding.

My questions:
1. Considering the high rate of student visa permit denial, what are my chances? The program duration is 10months.
2. What advise is the best for me to achieve doing this program?

NB: I do not intend to stay after my program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 1:05pm On May 06, 2021
Benquip:

This was my convo with him

Hello my fellow applicants.

Sorry about the lenghty post

I just want to chip in on this use of dealing with somebody you don't know to either help you in one financial help or the other. Or act as your agent. I know opinion may not be relevant, but is for those that really wants to know.

In 2020, I started my Canada study plans. I began by buying a book to record all my researches. YES I BOUGHT A BOOK FOR IT. Am they type don't believe that I cant do it. Even if I can't, I must try. To the point, I have a book about all the province in Canada, how many colleges and universities in each province, and also all the towns in each province lol � �. Until i narrowed it down to the universities I want to apply (based on cost and fast,easy immigration plans).

After that I went to study Permit process. I started with Canavisa forum, cos I didn't know then that this group existed. I had 32 gig phone, almost 5gig was screenshot of relevant info I think I may need and stored for reference when I will need them. The only info I don't get from Canadavisa forum was it will hard that get master's with 2.2, but thank God I got lucky at the last minute, i scaled through and got one.

Now when it was time for study permit, behold I came across this group when I was thinking how can a whole Nigeria not have forum for study in Canada. I found this group and boom I started my usual screenshots from the beginning. Bombarded gurus with questions and they really came to my rescue.

But then It baffled me, I met an applicant like me, we exchanged pleasantries and he is using agent. I was shocked when they Applicant knows nothing regarding Canada study permit. I mentioned upfront, for wia no idea. I mentioned NSE, for wia. No idea. All he knows was biometrics, the one he did in lekki. Tell me, why won't an agent mess him or her up, when he or she has no idea of the program (study permit) he or she just applied. My point here is, as an applicant, please is important you know all these things, so that you know when an agents tells you something contrary to what is obtainable and as well not let the useless agents hand you 5year ban on a platter of gold.

On the issue of who will help you pay tuition fee, application fee. That same guy dt wanted scam Rootiab, chatted me when I was asking questions about form A and how to go about it paying tuition. He came with promise to help me pay, I laughed and told him form A will help me pay it. If form A won't, then I will ask my relatives in Canada. So I don't need him. He never disturbed me again.

So point here is, please we have form A, make use of it for Tuition fees. Then for applications, cos of this, I had to go and open
a domiciliary account, went to aboki to exchanged at 478/dollar. Paid it into the dorm account. Mind you I have relative in Canada, but mehn I want to be sure that I did everything myself. Most of us did MMM and lost millions and didn't cry, not be to exchange dollar at 478 with aboki that will kill me for just one time payment.

In summary, let's try to do all these things by ourselves but if an agent must do it for you, please have knowledge of the whole process. cos most of all this agents are messing things up for us. As well as those yeye brothers who wants to dupe us, na God go judge una. Is only in situation that you know you can't do without the help of someone that you can gamble it. Like I recently did gamble one with a good fellow I met here, but let it be finance that you can get over with or let it not be what that can land you almighty 5year ban.

That's my own intake.

Please @ guru frank, still waiting for your final email review before I hit the summit buttons �. We all shall smile to Canada in no distant time.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2021
bollybeejay:

Please guys when it comes to making payments for your visa application, please make sure it's someone you know and trust paying for you, don't contact anyone you don't Know personally or trust to make payment for you because this issue of charge back is getting much, let's be careful out there please. Now IRCC will begin to scrutinize every payments made on application from Nigeria, I tire for our people, what do you gain in acquiring useless funds by jeopardizing people's life, now we see why IRCC has to scrutinize everything coming from us, I really don't blame them
I really don't know what's wrong with our people, how can one pay for someone's application and charged back to recover the money and in the end renders the person 5years ban, its crazy. I now understand why VOs refuses most Nigerian's visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 1:13pm On May 06, 2021
dyce101:

Please, did you also upload your NSE requirements?

I did from the time I started my application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 1:18pm On May 06, 2021
Someone was just given 5 years ban cos of chargeback.

Please pay your application fees yourself.

If you can't open Dorm account cos of reference.

1. Open Visa USD prepaid card with access bank.

2. Open Visa gold prepaid card with First bank.

It takes about 3-5 business days to get this card after application.

Deposit your USD into it and make your payment.

If one week is too long too wait then 5 years ban with damaged reputation will be shorter.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 1:18pm On May 06, 2021
Kunfu:

Please What do you mean by upfront medicals

Upfront medicals means going for medical test before IRCC sends you a request to do so.

For the medicals there are only two centers in Nigeria eligible to conduct the tests:
1. IOM in Ikeja, Lagos; and Abuja
2. Q-Life Family Clinic, Ikoyi Lagos.

Find their links to book here:

IOM:

How to book for Medicals at IOM, Ikeja, Lagos or Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/261#93191277

Q-Life:

Q-life , Lagos , Details (For Medicals)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/389#94601459

After you’ve done the medicals, you can either upload the slip given to you during your application, or you do the below if you’ve already submitted your application:

Visit the link below on
Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (Upfront Medicals) & Sending the same E-medical sheet via E-mail to Nairobi office (see template of the message body for the Webfrom & Email)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

Pls note that it can take few days or longer before it reflects on your GC key profile.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for us All}

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Shayo5: 1:24pm On May 06, 2021
Good afternoon,

can anyone give me info on the requirements for admission for undergrad programmes in Canada?

My lil sis is using an agent, just want to make sure we are not being scammed.

She has her WASSCE results, what else will she need?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 1:38pm On May 06, 2021
Shayo5:
Good afternoon,

can anyone give me info on the requirements for admission for undergrad programmes in Canada?

Thank you

Requirement will depend on the school in question
Most times, just WASSCE result and Transcript would suffice. In other cases, you might need an English proficiency examination.
I hope your agent can be trusted cz E BE THINGS OO.
You can start your research too, if you have a preferred province in Canada your sister would like to school...makes the research easier.
Check school fee, admission requirements and search based on her desired course of study as well.
You can mention her desired course of study and your school fee budget. Maybe others can give recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 1:53pm On May 06, 2021
Actually, it is important that your sponsor declares how many dependents he has in his letter of sponsorship if he is married. The V.O assesses the financial statements on the basis that if the sponsor is married then he has dependents: how much does the cost of supporting the applicant take away from the funds shown in the bank statements?

You cannot have a sponsor who is married with dependents and has a bank balance of 10M and the applicants' cost of studies + living expenses is amounting to 60-70% of that bank balance. The cost of studies becomes an unreasonable expense because what will now be left for he and the family after he commits himself to sponsoring you?

Anon123:

The bolded should not be an issue if the applicant included a sponsorship letter signed by the brother knowing full well of the implications.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 2:05pm On May 06, 2021
Lekiboboe:

If your medical was done at IOM., Ikeja, Lagos, you are to send a mail to the e-mail address below;

IOMLagosClinicalTeam@iom.int

Your Message body will go thus,

Hi IOMHAC Lagos,

Trust you are all doing great?

On August 10, 1955, I did an Upfront medical at IOMHAC , Ikeja , Lagos

I would love to have a copy of my Medical Report.

My details are as follow:
Name : Full name as written on your international passport
UMI : xxxxxxxxxxxx
IME : Non EDE
Date of Assessment : Wednesday, August 10, 1955

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Regards,
Full name as written on your international passport

24 hours later (the next day), they would send your Test Results to you in PDF

The Medical Laboratory Test Result you gonna get are for HIV, Syphillis, Serum Creatinine

You can also make your other enquiries from them

If you did you Medicals at IOM, Abuja, do await a response from the house on that

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentle21: 2:10pm On May 06, 2021
many thanks for your response.

Lekiboboe:

See this

Aside C of O (Certificate of Occupancy) & Deed of Assignment/Conveyance , See the link below for other Land documents that can be use to reference Landed Properties as Home Ties
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/315#99401218

You can await more inputs/suggestions from others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibukun2000: 2:46pm On May 06, 2021
Hello...how much is the ticket fee
Ijeanwuli:
Good evening

Please is any planning to travel on the 13th with lufthansa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 2:53pm On May 06, 2021
There is a particular fonts here that just dishes out info or advice with no decorum..
Even me wey no be guru ddy shake head for some kind response.

Pls leave guru work for the real gurus..

Everyone cant be guru here ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 3:03pm On May 06, 2021
Shayo5:
Good afternoon,

Thank you

My sincere advice? Ditch the agent.

Might not be what you want to hear but the fact remains that Canada study visa is not the type that agents are familiar with nor can influence, most of them are clueless about this process.

You’re still in the very early process, stick with this thread and you’ll get all you need to achieve a successful outcome.

Someone here said the other day that he paid almost N200k to his agent to help him get admission!!! Just admission oh!!! Ugh!!! A little more to that money and he’d buy a ticket straight to Toronto!
We need to be wise and sharp please. Travel is no child’s play, it’s already an expensive venture, why add unnecessary charges and complications in the mix??

Everyday it’s “Someone pls help me pay my tuition”, when Form A is there, easily accessible, secure and well set up by the govt. “Someone pls help me pay application fee,” when Dorm Acc can be opened within a week and you carry out your transaction without fear. Why won’t people get scammed? (not in anyway exonerating the scammers), yet, fact remains if no one is patronizing their services we wouldn’t be hearing a lot of these stories that touch.

The worst is all this my agent said this my agent said that cases.

Why do you need an agent to get admission for an undergraduate program? Or any program at all? Why? When you can simply google the program/course of choice and boom, the info appears. You click on the school’s website, follow the instructions to apply and you’re done. It takes approx 15-20mins!

Are these agents also going to accompany the applicants to Canada and charge them to help them settle in??!!

We’re in the era of garnering information at our fingertips, literally. Do what you can yourself. Research. Research. Research. Read. Read. Read.

No be school we dey go Canada go do?? Abi Na person go dey read and do research for us dia??!

God help us o!

Note: I’m not in any way saying that all agents cannot achieve success in this process, all I’m trying to put across is that MOST do not, and when they do it usually cost the applicant an unreasonable amount of money. Money that they could have saved and added to their travel funds.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 3:05pm On May 06, 2021
Ruthbella:
Goodmorning, Has anyone who applied for study visa between December 9 and December 19 2020 through normal route received PPR ?

I applied December 20
Got medical request March 26
Medical updated to pass April 15
Still waiting for PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 3:11pm On May 06, 2021
Refusal will be much this month..
Who you be sef
marcelonwa:

Refusal will be much this month
Is he a first time applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 3:15pm On May 06, 2021
High rates of Refusal.
People have been getting Study permit approval
RuggedArab:
Hi Guys, I trust you all are doing fine.

This is my background:
First degree - Computer Engineering
Work experience - 6years ( Financial Analyst)

I am about to apply for a certificate program ( Business Intelligence & Data Analysis & Reporting) in Calgary coming winter 2022.

I have a sibling living in Canada for over 8years now. My sibling got houses ( reason I want to school in Canada) so where to stay would not be an issue.

I am the one sponsoring myself for tuition aside accommodation/feeding.

My questions:
1. Considering the high rate of student visa permit denial, what are my chances? The program duration is 10months.
2. What advise is the best for me to achieve doing this program?

NB: I do not intend to stay after my program

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Good morning to you all

About Medical Expiration, I want to get something clear.
Is it that one's medical mustn't expire before arrival in Canada?

Case Study
For Someone who did his/her medical on August 18, 2020, is such person still good to go to enter Canada like August 10, 2021

@Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Anon123 @Spectro

Thanks

Brother, I apologize profusely for replying so late. I did not know you asked me too.

Yeah, I read on that their website (Canada visa stuff) that one must take another medical examination after expiration if they have not yet traveled.

For example, if someone gets visa in August 2021, they must take another medical examination August 2022 as long as they have not yet traveled.

(Edit: The one year duration starts to count from the moment you completed your medical examination. I should have added that.)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 3:44pm On May 06, 2021
TheShaman:
Actually, it is important that your sponsor declares how many dependents he has in his letter of sponsorship if he is married. The V.O assesses the financial statements on the basis that if the sponsor is married then he has dependents: how much does the cost of supporting the applicant take away from the funds shown in the bank statements?

You cannot have a sponsor who is married with dependents and has a bank balance of 10M and the applicants' cost of studies + living expenses is amounting to 60-70% of that bank balance. The cost of studies becomes an unreasonable expense because what will now be left for he and the family after he commits himself to sponsoring you?

There's something I'm not understanding here
1. If my tuition fee for 1year and living expenses is 8m and I have a sponsor, I dont think it will be wise for my sponsor to commit or tie down that money when he can use it for his business turnover.
2. That my married sponsor has 10m as his closing balance and I have 8m at his expense doesn't mean he cannot sponsor me what should matter is the cash flow. Of course I can't have 10m and have a business to do with it and decided to forfeit the business because I'm sponsoring even its my son or daughter. I believe that the issue of visa approval is God as we don't really know what this people are looking for from applicant's.
3. Closing balance is the reason people go for magomago way by lump sum. My opinion o.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.