Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,621 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155347 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:53am On Oct 04, 2020
Hello ayyoshert

You’re welcome.

MBA seems fine to me. The gcms notes would throw more light into the “purpose of visit”

With your tuition, the funds you submitted cannot work. You tuition is high!! With approximately 26k per session. That’s about 52k cad for a year(correct me if I’m wrong please)

If you add 52k and the 17k for living expenses I calculated previously, you’ll see your balance was too low. Also remember they’ll most likely want to see how you can pay your tuition for the second year.

My advice would be to look for a course with cheaper tuition or take your time to build your account up. You’ll be needing a lot of money.

All the best

ayyoshert:

I do really appreciate you for the time you took to elaborate on steps to take, you're a wonderful person. I will order for the gcms as advised. I studied Mgt and Accounting at undergraduate level(Bsc), the course applied for is MBA for 2years( 25, 687 CAD per session) i work in the public service, as a senior staff who manages surbodinates i felt an MBA program can align. I indicated in my SOP of courses and training i have done outside the country US and India and how i believe the MBA program will assist me in making better decisions in managing people after i come back to my job in Nigeria. It's disappointing, However i will check the notes to see the specific issues.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2020
kelvine95:

I have written my LOE, I would be glad if you can take a look. Thanks for your response.

Responded! In addition to the made suggestions as attached to my email, you may want to briefly talk about the school and country as a choice.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 10:02am On Oct 04, 2020
Hello LordAA

After booking, you were meant to get an email, in that email there’s a confirm appointment button which you were meant to click. If you did that, your appointment should still be valid for the day you booked except you cancelled the appointment.

All the best
LordAA:
Good morning everyone,

Please how do I confirm that my appointment for biometrics is still valid?
I booked appointment last month for tomorrow

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:14am On Oct 04, 2020
Chocs:
Hello LordAA

After booking, you were meant to get an email, in that email there’s a confirm appointment button which you were meant to click. If you did that, your appointment should still be valid for the day you booked except you cancelled the appointment.

All the best

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Fehinebony,

Do you mind if I see the complete notes and what does your GcKey Dashboard timeline states?!

All the best

Oh yes, how can I send the notes to you?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 11:12am On Oct 04, 2020
Kellymaria:

The way IRCC is making errors recently is alarming.

The note clearly indicated that the application has been refused. Why did they now ask the applicant to go for medical?

Why was the eligibility marked as passed?
Why did they give you an AIP for first stage approval?

Your situation is totalling confusing and the process breakdown shows that IRCC are not professional with the way they are handling applicant files.

You may want to tell us the course you applied for, your current educational background and work experience. It also appears that your SOP is not convincing.

I pray the odds were turned in your favor. Because, it was obvious that there was a change in direction.

Thanks for your response.
The medical request was sent( most likely) after that decision was made. And AIP was sent almost a month after.
Course of study Masters of Global Management
School Royal Roads University

I studied Computer Science and graduated in 2007. Worked for a while before I started my business in 2010.

This is my second application. My first application was refused based on purpose of visit and family ties in home country and canada.

My SOP was properly written, I addressed the initial reasons for refusal and added some claims.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2020
Miscellaneous:

Thanks a ton Lekiboboe!
U are welcome Honorable Miscellaneous

If u are also interested in a Non-Thesis Scholarship (Course-based Masters)
Google
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (Non-Thesis) at McGill University, Montreal, Quebec for Eligible Programs (Not all Programs are eligible).

Check if they have a program that relates with your former degree that u can go for, also check if u meet the admission & scholarship requirements , the step by step application guide is all there...

So SHOOT YOUR SHOT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Home Ties docs. are meant to be merged with other Documents u will be uploading under CLIENT INFORMATION.
Home ties docs. are SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Make sure all ur documents are in PDF format

Visit the link below on how to do that

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

Also see this,

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD(Document Uploading Dashboard)
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

Thanks boss...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayyoshert: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
Chocs:
Hello ayyoshert

You’re welcome.

MBA seems fine to me. The gcms notes would throw more light into the “purpose of visit”

With your tuition, the funds you submitted cannot work. You tuition is high!! With approximately 26k per session. That’s about 52k cad for a year(correct me if I’m wrong please)

If you add 52k and the 17k for living expenses I calculated previously, you’ll see your balance was too low. Also remember they’ll most likely want to see how you can pay your tuition for the second year.

My advice would be to look for a course with cheaper tuition or take your time to build your account up. You’ll be needing a lot of money.

All the best

Thanks.
The 26k is for a year though, the 52k is for the whole program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
Legacyedition:

Thanks boss...
U are welcome Chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
Happy Sunday to y'all

Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill, Quebec, Canada for Fall 2021 intake

Eligible Master's Programs (Non-Thesis ONLY)

Master of Architecture (M. Arch.- Professional)

- Architecture

Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Educational Psychology

Master of Arts (M.A.)

- Counselling Psychology
- Education & Society
- Educational Leadership
- Political Science
- School/Applied Child Psychology

Requires at least 2 years of teaching or similar experience

Master of Science (M.Sc.)

- Bioresource Engineering
- Biostatistics
- Epidemiology
- Food Science & Agricultural Chemistry
- Public Health

Master of Engineering (M. Eng.)

- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering

Requires at least 1st class degree classification or a 3.7/4.0 CGPA

Master of Science Applied (M .Sc.A.)

- Animal Science
- Bioresource Engineering
- Biotechnology
- Human Nutrition – Project option
- Occupational Health

Master of Information Studies (M.I.St.)
- Information Studies

Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.) 

Google for more information, requirements & steps.

IF ELIGIBLE, SHOOT YOUR SHOT!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
Chocs:
Hello chloe3

HT - home ties
CoR - country of residence
HC - home country
BS - bank statement
LE - living expenses
DLI - designated learning institution
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miscellaneous(m): 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome Honorable Miscellaneous

If u are also interested in a Non-Thesis Scholarship (Course-based Masters)
Google
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (Non-Thesis) at McGill University, Montreal, Quebec for Eligible Programs (Not all Programs are eligible).

Check if they have a program that relates with your former degree that u can go for, also check if u meet the admission & scholarship requirements , the step by step application guide is all there...

So SHOOT YOUR SHOT

Thanks man. Im just interested in anything that can give me full funding. Cos I dont have one kobo to give those Canadian guys... shingbai nor gum me.

I have taken gre, toefl... I'm going for msc in civil engineering. I have high cgpa from my bsc studies

I'm just bothered about getting funding, what term is appropriate to even apply for now that covid 19 issue is still on. Professors may likely not be accepting intl students now due to current climes the world finds herself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
Happy Sunday ,

I just submitted my applications online now
When are they likely to send me biometric letters cause have already booked biometrics in advance for Tuesday

I don’t want to waste that opportunity

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adakuchidiebere: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
Kindly file for a judicial review......

fehinebony:
Hello everyone, @all the gurus on this forum, please I need some clarity on this.
I ordered my Gcms notes , I have attached the picture of the summary I got.

Medical request was sent on 21/07/20
Medical was updated to pass on 28/7/20
I received AIP 18/08/20

Please observe that the decision was written on the same day the medical request was sent, and I received
AIP almost a month after that.
Also I noticed "Entered in error"
Please what does this mean?

Thanks as I look forward to your feedbacks .

For Economic ties, I submitted documents for 6 six properties, 4 owned by my husband(sponsor) and 2 co owned by my husband and I. All property documents had valuation reports
I paid a full year tuition and attached evidence (18k CAD)
My husbands personal account had 11million naira ,
I had N2million in one account and had N4million in another account.
I have my own business which was incorporated in 2010.( submitted certificate of incorporation and tax documents).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
silvamania:
Happy Sunday ,

When are they likely to send me biometric letters cause have already booked biometrics in advance for Tuesday

Thank you

You should get it in 24hrs.... Max 48hrs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hello ayyoshert

52 being for the whole program makes it better.

Work towards being able to show 52+ 17 if you can.

All the best
ayyoshert:

Thanks.
The 26k is for a year though, the 52k is for the whole program.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
silvamania:
Happy Sunday ,

Thank you

Hello...congrats in advance...May it be successful by God's grace.

Pls How did you pay for ur 235CAD (application + Biometric fees) ?? Was it through your naira debit card or what??

Also, which conversion rate did you use to calculate the naira equivalent of ur fees (tuition, living expenses e.t.c) ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Please I need the link for Qlife hospital.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hello Onweke

Here is a list of approved panel physicians (Q-Life)

City: Lagos
Name: Patrick Olayinka Olowojolu
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
E-mail: y.olowojolu@qlifefamilyclinic.com/ info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055
Spoken Languages: English

Name: Adetokunbo Omodele Alakija
E-mail: adealakija@hotmail.com / info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234 8113975433
+234 7027704055

Name: Olutayo Olasimbo Labiyi
E-mail: jollywel3@gmail.com
Spoken Languages: English, Yoruba

All the best

Onweke:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
adakuchidiebere:
Kindly file for a judicial review......

Thanks for your response, my husband has suggested that too, we are waiting for the final decision before we can take any steps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
Toluchenko:

Hello...congrats in advance...May it be successful by God's grace.

Pls How did you pay for ur 235CAD (application + Biometric fees) ?? Was it through your naira debit card or what??

Also, which conversion rate did you use to calculate the naira equivalent of ur fees (tuition, living expenses e.t.c) ??

Thanks for the best wishes

Well my uncle used his access bank Visa card to make the payment and it was very fast (within 2 minutes )

I used the rate on 2nd October which was #287 to a CAD dollar and I quoted same in my SOP

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thanks Chocs. Please assist with the website ?

Chocs:
Hello Onweke

Here is a list of approved panel physicians (Q-Life)

Name: Patrick Olayinka Olowojolu
E-mail: y.olowojolu@qlifefamilyclinic.com/ info@qlifefamilyclinic.com

Name: Adetokunbo Omodele Alakija
E-mail: adealakija@hotmail.com / info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234 8113975433
+234 7027704055

Name: Olutayo Olasimbo Labiyi
E-mail: jollywel3@gmail.com
Spoken Languages: English, Yoruba

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
Miscellaneous:

Thanks man. Im just interested in anything that can give me full funding. Cos I dont have one kobo to give those Canadian guys... shingbai nor gum me.

I have taken gre, toefl... I'm going for msc in civil engineering. I have high cgpa from my bsc studies

I'm just bothered about getting funding, what term is appropriate to even apply for now that covid 19 issue is still on. Professors may likely not be accepting intl students now due to current climes the world finds herself
U are welcome,

Well it all depends on you,
if you av a minimum of 2.1 & you are able to craft your Masters application well (SOP, Mail etc.) and woo a Potential Supervisor on why he/she should accept u to his/her Lab., then there should be light at the end of the tunnel for u.

Note that there is FULL or Partial Funding, it all depends on the Prof. Or department of the school, that's why sending mails to loads of schools in CANADA might increase you chance & helping u achieve the Full-Funding Package u are gunning for.

As to why a Professor Might be likely accepting Int'l students now or not, that is left to the Prof. to decide, cos u never know or can never tell if he/she is accepting student or otherwise,
until u mail him/her, he/she will tell u.
The Prof. might even tell u the period you should mail him/her.

Note : Fall (September) is the intake for most Masters in CANADA

So a Fall 2021 intake is what u should be pursing now.

FALL 2021 should be part of the lines mentioned in your E-Mail Subject & Body to a Potential Professor

Let me assume you had a B.SC in Civil Engineering or related program

Visit the link below for schools offering
Civil Engineering & Related Programs ( over 40 Civil Engineering Master Programs)

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Civil+Engineering&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH.

So take your time, explore the schools one after the other & Shoot your SHOT

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
Onweke:
Q-LIFE, Lagos (Abuja Has no Branch)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hello Onweke

It’s listed in my previous reply. But here it is
https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/about-us

Please take note of the info in the attached picture below

All the best

Onweke:
Thanks Chocs. Please assist with the website ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thanks Lekiboboe. God bless you richly.

Lekiboboe:

Q-LIFE, Lagos (Abuja Has no Branch)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thanks Chocs. God bless you richly.

Chocs:
Hello Onweke

It’s listed in my previous reply. But here it is
https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/about-us

Please take note of the info in the attached picture below

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
ayyoshert:

I do really appreciate you for the time you took to elaborate on steps to take, you're a wonderful person. I will order for the gcms as advised. I studied Mgt and Accounting at undergraduate level(Bsc), the course applied for is MBA for 2years( 25, 687 CAD per session) i work in the public service, as a senior staff who manages surbodinates i felt an MBA program can align. I indicated in my SOP of courses and training i have done outside the country US and India and how i believe the MBA program will assist me in making better decisions in managing people after i come back to my job in Nigeria. It's disappointing, However i will check the notes to see the specific issues.

Sorry about your refusal. You are refused on two ground home ties and available funds because you are travelling with you family and it is a two years program. You should apply alone and let your wife stand as co sponsor since it is a two year program and the buck of the money is in your wife account. Also your wife standing as co sponsor and staying back will answer the question of how you intend to pay for the second year. The purpose of visit was added because of the lack of home ties and fund which put your purpose in doubt
Wish you success in your next application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome Chief

Please do you know about this?.

my clients information

I am seing : "uploaded - not submitted to ircc ",

And remove file by right hand side.

As shown in the below picture.

What do I do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
fehinebony:
Hello everyone, @all the gurus on this forum, please I need some clarity on this.
I ordered my Gcms notes , I have attached the picture of the summary I got.

Medical request was sent on 21/07/20
Medical was updated to pass on 28/7/20
I received AIP 18/08/20

Please observe that the decision was written on the same day the medical request was sent, and I received
AIP almost a month after that.
Also I noticed "Entered in error"
Please what does this mean?

Thanks as I look forward to your feedbacks .

For Economic ties, I submitted documents for 6 six properties, 4 owned by my husband(sponsor) and 2 co owned by my husband and I. All property documents had valuation reports
I paid a full year tuition and attached evidence (18k CAD)
My husbands personal account had 11million naira ,
I had N2million in one account and had N4million in another account.
I have my own business which was incorporated in 2010.( submitted certificate of incorporation and tax documents).

I think your application will be approve. The review was initially negative but I guess it was entered in error, Since the AIP came much later after the initial refusal, it means you passed the eligibility after your application was properly review after the initial rejection.

Expect your final approval

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.