Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862132 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sleekcee: 5:37am On May 09, 2021
I finally got my GCMS notes. This was the mail sent to me " Hello, your application is still in progress and has not reached a stage where the visa officer can update notes regarding the final decision of your application. You can still check the last 4 pages for any status updates. You can order another report in couple of weeks to see the final decision." (I applied in september)

On the notes my eligibility says "recommended interview " while the last comment from the vo was:"Name on application changed" then they wrote old values and new values, all are my names except that the one of old values omitted the hyphen in my surname while the new value had the correct name. Eg. (Old value: John Chris, Michael and new value: john-chris Michael). The new value is the correct one. Please what do they all mean? Upfront medical i submitted on the 13th of April is not capture, medical is still blank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 7:07am On May 09, 2021
justjify:

God bless you

Is is there a difference between letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship, I have done affidavit of sponsorship but clueless as to what should be in letter of sponsorship

Would appreciate your help
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by toki4real: 7:08am On May 09, 2021
olabisi6438:
h

You can apply for GCMS notes
Has your eligibility review started?

You can use justgcms.com
You'll have to fill a consent form everything is stated on the website

Eligibility Not started.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Steph1738aye: 7:10am On May 09, 2021
Anon123:

Google can get you all you need. I dont think GRE is required to secure an admission.
Trust me. I’ve googled. I’ve spent months doing my research but there’s no better answer than other people’s experience.
The GMAT/GRE is required for Memorial University of Newfoundland’s MBA program or is there anyone here who got into that program without writing the GMAT/GRE exam?
The reason I’m asking for an alternative Uni with the same tuition range is because the next intake for MUN is all the way in September 2022 and I’m looking for something around January 2022.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 7:30am On May 09, 2021
@Frankrobbn1

Please I’ll need some clarity on this,

My brother is my sponsor and he transferred from his personal account my living expenses and remaining school fees to my personal account. I would be submitting his salary account( it is a micro finance bank hence doesn’t issue Mybankstatement) as he doesn’t leave liquid cash in his personal account
The money he transferred was from sales of 2 of his landed properties, I have purchase receipt for this.

My question here is if asked for Mybankstatement, do I submit my personal account Mybankstatement and my sponsors 1year salary bank statement ( with a letter stating that his bank does not issue Mybankstatement)

I would appreciate your help
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentle21: 7:38am On May 09, 2021
Please, what is MBS. I'm learning and I think I will also need it.

childgodly:

Will do thank you!
It's even GTBank so we should be able to get it online easily.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankalvinz(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2021
Teenie19:
Oops You are right! I meant to say suspend! I will adjust my post asap! thanks.

Teenie19
Can I get your Email, I have a question I'd like to ask you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chiogenma: 9:11am On May 09, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Your question is quite Generic

You would need to consider some factors before applying to a school in Canada

- Do you have you have your transcript with you?
- what is the name & qualification of the program you want to apply for in Canada?
- What is your highest Level of Education?
- When did did you graduate (What year) ?
- What is your CGPA?
- Do you av a 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd Class?
- Are you working alrdy ?
- Is your Job related to what you studied in your polytechnic or university?
-  How many years have you been working?

Your response to the above questions will determine the kind of study program you can or should apply to in Canada

Thank you for responding, I’m grateful��
Yes I have my transcripts
I am interested for a masters in public health
My highest level is BNSc.
Graduated 2019
I have a 2.1
Yes sir I’m currently working
Yes it’s related to my job
I will be very glad if I’m being assisted������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by modupsie(f): 9:13am On May 09, 2021
Good morning everyone, I'm new here and I have been reading through the thread. I'm honestly overwhelmed with the amount of information here.

Please I graduated with a third class (2.4 CGPA) in accounting and I want to go for a graduate diploma course in Canada.
I worked for about 7yrs and later resigned to register a business which I have been running for about 6yrs
I'm married with 3kids and I will like to travel with my husband and kids.

My Dad has landed properties and stocks. I'm thinking of selling some of the stocks to raise funds

Please what are my chances of getting a student visa? Should I sponsor myself or get a sponsor?

Should I apply alone first and later apply for my husband and kids or can we all apply at once.

Please @frankrobbn1 and other gurus kindly help me know my chances.

I will really want to boost my qualification as I'm not happy with my third class certificate. I'm also thinking of writing a professional exam CIMA

Thank you as I anticipate replies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ayyoshert: 9:28am On May 09, 2021
Good day Fellas.
Is there any special link if applying through NSE( i couldn't find any) or one will apply through the normal processing platform however supply the additional information information required for the NSE? Any help please. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sterling289128: 9:42am On May 09, 2021
@Frankrobbn1

Thank you vry much for your response.
Should i apply for a post graduate diploma and later change to the AEC diploma as it has a pgwp attached to it? .

Frankrobbn1:

It's an ordinary diploma not a PGD.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by nonyowen: 9:43am On May 09, 2021
Thank you very much for your response. Yes my information is saved the problem that i cant move forward from there, I believe its a system glitch i'll keep trying
Ade2303:

I don’t think it should refer you to the beginning if you choose to continue an ongoing application, and if it do, your data should be saved, you might just need to go through the questionnaire first before reaching where you worked last, your data should be saved.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sleekcee: 9:50am On May 09, 2021
@ Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe and other gurus please assist.
Sleekcee:
I finally got my GCMS notes. This was the mail sent to me " Hello, your application is still in progress and has not reached a stage where the visa officer can update notes regarding the final decision of your application. You can still check the last 4 pages for any status updates. You can order another report in couple of weeks to see the final decision." (I applied in september)

On the notes my eligibility says "recommended interview " while the last comment from the vo was:"Name on application changed" then they wrote old values and new values, all are my names except that the one of old values omitted the hyphen in my surname while the new value had the correct name. Eg. (Old value: John Chris, Michael and new value: john-chris Michael). The new value is the correct one. Please what do they all mean? Upfront medical i submitted on the 13th of April is not capture, medical is still blank.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omolecule: 9:51am On May 09, 2021
Good morning everyone

I finished secondary school in 2014 and I want to apply for an Undergraduate course in Canada but the school is asking for an official high school transcript and the secondary school I finished from no longer exist, what can I do ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 9:54am On May 09, 2021
ayyoshert:
Good day Fellas.
Is there any special link if applying through NSE( i couldn't find any) or one will apply through the normal processing platform however supply the additional information information required for the NSE? Any help please. Thanks.
Just submit the additional information required along with your application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentle21: 9:56am On May 09, 2021
Hello House, please, I need clarification on below question. How can this question be answered by someone that has been banned through PNP route by a Canadian province, Manitoba. "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?"

The ban statement reads 'you are banned from submitting another application to the MPNP for a period of 2 years.'

The ban was from 2018 and will lapse by December 2021. Is it right to say NO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lianna2020: 10:12am On May 09, 2021
No matter when it’s expiring, the answer is yes

Gentle21:
Hello House, please, I need clarification on below question. How can this question be answered by someone that has been banned through PNP route by a Canadian province, Manitoba. "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?"

The ban statement reads 'you are banned from submitting another application to the MPNP for a period of 2 years.'

The ban was from 2018 and will lapse by December 2021. Is it right to say NO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ayyoshert: 10:14am On May 09, 2021
shupy:
Just submit the additional information required along with your application.
God bless you thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chiogenma: 10:18am On May 09, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Your question is quite Generic

You would need to consider some factors before applying to a school in Canada

- Do you have you have your transcript with you?
- what is the name & qualification of the program you want to apply for in Canada?
- What is your highest Level of Education?
- When did did you graduate (What year) ?
- What is your CGPA?
- Do you av a 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd Class?
- Are you working alrdy ?
- Is your Job related to what you studied in your polytechnic or university?
-  How many years have you been working?

Your response to the above questions will determine the kind of study program you can or should apply to in Canada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 10:33am On May 09, 2021
Can someone please send the Heading of an SOP letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 10:42am On May 09, 2021
gracedson:
Can someone please send the Heading of an SOP letter.
Just write Statement Of Purpose. You don't even need address to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 10:43am On May 09, 2021
shupy:

NB: make it bold

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 10:52am On May 09, 2021
shupy:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2021
Omolecule:
Good morning everyone

I finished secondary school in 2014 and I want to apply for an Undergraduate course in Canada but the school is asking for an official high school transcript and the secondary school I finished from no longer exist, what can I do ?
In most cases, you would need your testimonial and certificate from the secondary school you graduated from. Mind you, the secondary school you graduated from is not responsible for your waec or neco transcripts. Exam body provides transcripts

Lastly,since you're applying for a diploma program, you would be required to provide statement of results and certificate for any higher institution attended and not transcript, this is based on requirement by a particular college.
I hope this helps clear your doubt, gurus in the house will add to it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buckyfof(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2021
ayyoshert:
Good day Fellas.

There’s no special link to apply for NSE, just submit your application and IRCC will send you a request letter if they think you qualify for the NSE program or you can submit your my bank statement certificate, IELTS and upfront Medicals with your application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Steph1738aye: 10:58am On May 09, 2021
Any Nigerian currently in St. John’s, Newfoundland & studying at MUN? What’s the experience like? How’s the province? I keep hearing that there’s nothing to do there and it’s a bore living there. How about the chances of getting a full time job after school or a part time job while in school?
Also, if you’re currently studying in Newfoundland, do you plan to leave the province after your studies?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Emmytobs: 11:17am On May 09, 2021
gracedson:

Thank you.

Please what's the difference between Letter of Explanation and Statement of Purpose. Are they interchangeable terms?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by drhammed: 11:26am On May 09, 2021
If you plan to start graduate school next year, the best time to start preparing is now.

Are you new to graduate school/scholarship application process & have no idea where to start? Worry not, I have an orientation package for you.

Check the thread below to have a better understanding of how it works.

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1391336137457913856?s=21

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Keren12: 11:33am On May 09, 2021
This people how are they related to you please?
Ijeanwuli:
LIST OF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
I used a married couple so both of them gave me this information

Interesting fact is non of the accts were loaded

1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Affidavit of Sponsorship
3. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment
4. Letter of Introduction from Sponsor’s Employer
5. 6 months Pay slips
6. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
7. Letter of Introduction from Sponsor’s Bank
8. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s Bank for 6 months duration
9. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property documents (could be a survey plan or C of O)
10. Copy of investment certificates
11. International passport page
12. Birth certificate to show relationship
13. Marriage certificate and change of name documentation

Personal documents
1. Employment contracts and last promotion letter
2. Letter of introduction and study leave from my employer
3. Payslips
4. Pension statement
5. Savings acct statement
6. Joint investment and properties evidence
7.volunteer work certificates from working did with Aiesec and other stuff
8. Very convincing SOP ..I used subheaders to outline every possible question they can think off
9. Previous visas and travel stamps
10. Education documents - waec,diploma,bachelor and transcripts
11. I was a gensec in University so I put my certificates from that inside to show I have always had interest in administration
12. Cv
13. Police character certificate
14. Birth certificate
15. Pictures from my sponsors wedding, picture of me with them and their kids then photo of my nuclear family
With labels.

Submitted Oct 20th
Biometrics in October
Went for upfront medical in November
Medical updated dec 1st
Nse for IELTS
Aced the exam and uploaded
Got acknowledgedment dec 15th
Bvl 2nd of February
Ppr 6th of February

We ThankGod and I hope this list helps someone on their journey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:37am On May 09, 2021
Hello everyone
Can anyone help me answer this.
If you submit an application along with your own are they processed together or is it possible that someone will receive theirs before another.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 11:38am On May 09, 2021
Good day my people, please can an ielts score of 7.5, 7.0, 7.5 and 5.5 for speaking, reading, writing and listening respectively be uploaded for NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EmeeNaka: 11:49am On May 09, 2021
Good day all.
Please how do I book for upfront Medicals?
What's the link?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.