Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862310 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 11:54am On May 09, 2021
Emmytobs:

Please what's the difference between Letter of Explanation and Statement of Purpose. Are they interchangeable terms?
Yes, they are interchangeable terms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by allisgood: 11:55am On May 09, 2021
House help me on this
allisgood:
Good day house, please I have been sending webforms and emails daily to IRCC and still got the same response that they sent earlier that my application is still 'under active review', should i still keep sending them the webforms and emails till I get a final decision on my application or stop sending them the webforms and emails since I have gotten a response?
My application is 20 weeks and I start classes May 10th 2021
My medical was updated to pass on the 6th of May 2021, did it on the 22nd of April.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by qb41: 12:41pm On May 09, 2021
Good day house ,

Please how long does it take IOM to update medicals to passed , I was initially told 3 days by the doctor , and after medical request what’s the next process , my application has far exceeded processing time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 12:49pm On May 09, 2021
qb41:
Good day house ,

Please how long does it take IOM to update medicals to passed , I was initially told 3 days by the doctor , and after medical request what’s the next process , my application has far exceeded processing time

Yea ....it’s 2-3 days sha
I did mine April 13
Medical updated to pass April 15
It’s not an upfront medical, I got a medical request

After medical, it’s to wait for PPR
I’m currently waiting for mine since April 15, I hope it comes this week

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kunbeeee: 12:57pm On May 09, 2021
You can do your medicals in Abuja or Lagos.

For Abuja:
IOM MHAC ABUJA
Address: No. 55 Hassan Usman Katsina St, Asokoro, Abuja
You have to book an appointment on the website

For Lagos:
1. IOM MHAC LAGOS
Address: 1 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA, Lagos

2. Q-life Family Clinic
Address: 155A Prince Ade Odedina St, 155a Prince Ade Odedina St, Victoria Island 101244, Lagos

EmeeNaka:
Good day all.
Please how do I book for upfront Medicals?
What's the link?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 09, 2021
allisgood:
House help me on this

What does your GCMS information reveal? I suppose you must have ordered and received the note by now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 09, 2021
stevedestiny:
Good day my people, please can an ielts score of 7.5, 7.0, 7.5 and 5.5 for speaking, reading, writing and listening respectively be uploaded for NSE?

If that were my IELTS result, I would follow my guts and upload it for IELTS. But you could rewrite though, if that seems more desirable.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 1:02pm On May 09, 2021
Ruthbella:

May but i defer to September since i have not received PPR. A friend also applied in December through normal processing and she is still waiting for PPR.

It will end in praise for everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EmeeNaka: 1:20pm On May 09, 2021
kunbeeee:
You can do your medicals in Abuja or Lagos.

For Abuja:
IOM MHAC ABUJA
Address: No. 55 Hassan Usman Katsina St, Asokoro, Abuja

For Lagos: Alright. Thanks
1. IOM MHAC LAGOS
Address: 1 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA, Lagos

2. Q-life Family Clinic
Address: 155A Prince Ade Odedina St, 155a Prince Ade Odedina St, Victoria Island 101244, Lagos

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 1:26pm On May 09, 2021
Business account red flag?!
Guy, easy with all these your advises , Easy !
Anon123:

Using a business account is a red flag but using a personal account is better .

Your mum sponsoring her daughter is far stronger than a relative.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 1:30pm On May 09, 2021
University of Alberta
ac7619710:

For which school in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 1:32pm On May 09, 2021
Thanks. I won't mention it then.
Uzomachukwu:

That shouldn't be a problem at all. You could mention it, if you wish to; but I don't see how it matters. I think it falls outside the concerns of IRCC. They already know that Alberta is statutorily not going to let you enroll or start your studies if you do not meet the conditionals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 1:32pm On May 09, 2021
Guys please help , how did you go about getting your mbs certificate .. I went to Fcmb bank on Friday with my dad and they said the certificate will first of all be sent to the embassy before they can give me the printout .. Do I ask them to send it and I get the form to insert in my application? Thats the only delay I'm having at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:08pm On May 09, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Good day all.
Please how do I book for upfront Medicals?
What's the link?
Thanks
Go through the contents in the link below

Everything you need to know about doing UPFRONT MEDICALS
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:12pm On May 09, 2021
Emmytobs:

Please what's the difference between Letter of Explanation and Statement of Purpose. Are they interchangeable terms?
Read the Contents in the link below

Difference between SOP & LOE
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/688#97027510

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 2:14pm On May 09, 2021
Hey! I replied your email already.

Frankalvinz:

Teenie19
Can I get your Email, I have a question I'd like to ask you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:20pm On May 09, 2021
BenedictStinson:

Thank you
I finished with 2.2 .My parents have a business which they listed me as one of the directors but I don't know if that counts

Being listed as one of the directors in your family's business will count as a positive report than the former (inventory officer). Looking at your profile, I will advise you say that you've been working in your parents company and you're travelling to Canada to gain top-notch business education in order to expand the family's business. By so doing, you don't need to mention the inventory officer as your current employment.

Do as I have adviced and thank me later.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:26pm On May 09, 2021
penitential:
Gift deed is advisable for mostly PR applicants though.

I’ve not seen it work for TRV, (not impossible in any way though).
I will just suggest you go with sponsorship letter from the potential sponsor to avoid the VOs curiosity which you won’t be there to answer

Exactly my point bro! However, she has already submitted her application and can only hope for the best.

@penitential, it's been a while, glad to have you around here today.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 2:27pm On May 09, 2021
Sleekcee:
I finally got my GCMS notes. This was the mail sent to me " Hello, your application is still in progress and has not reached a stage where the visa officer can update notes regarding the final decision of your application. You can still check the last 4 pages for any status updates. You can order another report in couple of weeks to see the final decision." (I applied in september)

On the notes my eligibility says "recommended interview " while the last comment from the vo was:"Name on application changed" then they wrote old values and new values, all are my names except that the one of old values omitted the hyphen in my surname while the new value had the correct name. Eg. (Old value: John Chris, Michael and new value: john-chris Michael). The new value is the correct one. Please what do they all mean? Upfront medical i submitted on the 13th of April is not capture, medical is still blank.

Quickly respond to the name change. Do you have official documents to justify this change and probably clearly state why this change was made? Did you publish this in national dailies? You need to quickly raise webform to address this concerns.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by pale232: 2:32pm On May 09, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I want to ask if it is advisable to send a LOE and additional documents (Employment letter, salary accounts, Landed property e.t.c)via Web form if application is already stating eligibility under review and also states no additional document required. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:34pm On May 09, 2021
justjify:

Hi bro. I hope you are fine? I am new here and I am impressed by the way you attend to concerns raised by people. May God bless you and make your pathway to Canada smooth (if you haven't gone already)

I'm doing great thanks for asking. Thank you for the compliments and prayers. Amen! God bless you too.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:38pm On May 09, 2021
Somidotun5:
Good day house, Please I want to apply for a diploma in nursing in a college in Canada. I just graduated from secondary school and I'm 17 years old. What are the chances of getting a Canadian student visa?
P.S: I don't have a travel history

Going for a diploma in nursing program in Canada at the age of 17 years is good. To better your chances of approval, your parents should be your sponsor not a third party. Be properly informed that not having a previous travel history does not in any way affect the credibility of your immigration application to Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 2:44pm On May 09, 2021
Geo4646:

G morning,

I appreciate all ur works done on this platform, may almighty God continue to bless you all round.

I would like to send you a pm.
Thanks

Thank you for the kind words about my efforts on this platform.. I appreciate the prayers as well Amen!. You're welcome to reach out to me via my signature for any of your immigration concerns.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 3:01pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EmeeNaka: 3:05pm On May 09, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Go through the contents in the link below

Everything you need to know about doing UPFRONT MEDICALS
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195
Thanks Much. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 3:05pm On May 09, 2021
JDforeal:
@Frankrobbn1

Please I’ll need some clarity on this,

My brother is my sponsor and he transferred from his personal account my living expenses and remaining school fees to my personal account. I would be submitting his salary account( it is a micro finance bank hence doesn’t issue Mybankstatement) as he doesn’t leave liquid cash in his personal account
The money he transferred was from sales of 2 of his landed properties, I have purchase receipt for this.

My question here is if asked for Mybankstatement, do I submit my personal account Mybankstatement and my sponsors 1year salary bank statement ( with a letter stating that his bank does not issue Mybankstatement)

I would appreciate your help
Thanks

The immigration will surely request you to provide Mybankstatement Certificate in a matter of days/weeks after the submission of your application. In view of the fact that your sponsor's bank is a Microfinance which doesn't issue Mybankstatement certificate to her customers, you should advise the immigration authorities in writing about this, include his (sponsor) 1 year Bank statement to show history as well as your personal statement.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BenedictStinson(m): 3:06pm On May 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Being listed as one of the directors in your family's business will count as a positive report than the former (inventory officer). Looking at your profile, I will advise you say that you've been working in your parents company and you're travelling to Canada to gain top-notch business education in order to expand the family's business. By so doing, you don't need to mention the inventory officer as your current employment.

Do as I have adviced and thank me later.

It will end in praise
Thank you for replying, I have no payslips or any of the like to prove I actually play a part in the day to day running of the company, or I don't need those as a director? The business is still currently operating though so I can still look for a way to obtain the needed documents(if I'm pointed in their direction) Thanks very much for your time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2021
Gurus in the house, please throw in light on this.
I received a ghost update this morning saying; application/profile updated. What does that mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Geo4646: 3:10pm On May 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you for the kind words about my efforts on this platform.. I appreciate the prayers as well Amen!. You're welcome to reach out to me via my signature for any of your immigration concerns.

It will end in praise
t

Thanks so much for ur response, I have sent you a pm,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 3:12pm On May 09, 2021
JDforeal:
@Frankrobbn1

Secondly is do I need to write a letter of sponsorship after getting affidavit of sponsorship

I would appreciate your help
Thanks

Regardless of the affidavit of sponsorship, you need a sponsorship letter to demonstrate the sponsor's willingness to finance your studies in Canada.

A sponsorship letter should typically contain the following information:

1-) Introduction of sponsor
2-) Description of relationship of Applicant with the sponsor
3-) Reason of sponsorship
4-) Amount of sponsorship funds and length of sponsorship
5-) Source of sponsorship funds
6-) Where the funds are currently held
7-) Your sponsor expectations as a result of sponsorship
8-) Contact information and how your sponsor can be reached

I hope this information satisfies your inquiry

It will end in praise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 3:14pm On May 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

The immigration will surely request you to provide Mybankstatement Certificate in a matter of days/weeks after the submission of your application. In view of the fact that your sponsor's bank is a Microfinance which doesn't issue Mybankstatement certificate to her customers, you should advise the immigration authorities in writing about this, include his (sponsor) 1 year Bank statement to show history as well as your personal statement.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry

It will end in praise

Yes this helps
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 3:19pm On May 09, 2021
Sterling289128:
@Frankrobbn1

Thank you vry much for your response.
Should i apply for a post graduate diploma and later change to the AEC diploma as it has a pgwp attached to it? .

To increase your chances of getting a Canadian study permit, a post graduate diploma will be of paramount benefit to your case. After the successful outcome (approval) of your application, you may switch to a AEC diploma within Canada and inform IRCC via your MyCIC account with details and proof of your enrollment in the AEC diploma program.

I hope this information satisfies your inquiry.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.