Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864911 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Itsai: 4:18pm On May 10, 2021
Please Gurus, I need help!!! embarassed

Itsai:
please advice.

I'm applying for a study Visa.
Sponsor is my spouse.
One child carries a US passport while the other has a valid visiting Visa.

1. Is it a good idea to inclde my kids (2) in the application?
2. Is an Affidavit of Sponsorship necessary, given that sponspor is my spouse?

Gurus, please advice. Thank you.
cc @frankrobbn1
cc @justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Steph1738aye: 4:25pm On May 10, 2021
Anon123:

Is it black market rate.. ?

Bank rate and black market. I just want to get an idea of the rate so I can use it when converting my tuition and as a guidance when I want to pay my application fee of 100 CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 4:46pm On May 10, 2021
Teenie19:
Early February applicants still awaiting response, let's gather here! This is our week!!!.. and for all older applicants as well, we will all celebrate PPR this week!

Amen o.
They’ll start finalizing applications from 31st January - 6th February from tomorrow according to the trend on their website.
We all shall receive good news tomorrow in Jesus name!
Amen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 4:54pm On May 10, 2021
SweetJJ:

grin grin grin I guess I should use my friend that told me N285/1Cad. Thank you for your help anyways. I was only looking for a cheaper option.

Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 4:55pm On May 10, 2021
Steph1738aye:

Bank rate and black market. I just want to get an idea of the rate so I can use it when converting my tuition and as a guidance when I want to pay my application fee of 100 CAD

Okay.. But you know it fluntuates. The rate today won't be the same tomorrow or next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 4:59pm On May 10, 2021
ToluDstar:

Amen o.
They’ll start finalizing applications from 31st January - 6th February from tomorrow according to the trend on their website.
Amen.

Buh they never give January applicants decision finish na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Callioge: 5:00pm On May 10, 2021
285 TO 1 cad.please be sure because cad since last year hasn't been that amount
Anon123:

Okay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 5:03pm On May 10, 2021
Good evening house
Please how long does it take for biometrics to be updated after it’s done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:25pm On May 10, 2021
Callioge:

Thats why I replied him with okay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:25pm On May 10, 2021
onomss:
Good evening house
Please how long does it take for biometrics to be updated after it’s done.

Same day...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 5:26pm On May 10, 2021
Amen.

Teenie19:
Early February applicants still awaiting response, let's gather here! This is our week!!!.. and for all older applicants as well, we will all celebrate PPR this week!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SweetJJ: 5:38pm On May 10, 2021
Sorry, I meant 385/cad
Callioge:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Steph1738aye: 5:40pm On May 10, 2021
Anon123:

Okay.. But you know it fluntuates. The rate today won't be the same tomorrow or next

Yeahh but do you have an idea of the current rates? Bank & black market.
I know it’s lower than the US dollar which is 485
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 5:44pm On May 10, 2021
Thank you so much.

Mobi22:

Just tell the bank that you want a reference letter and you want it to be addressed the Canadian embassy
With this address

High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos,Nigeria.

And they’d handle the rest.
All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:44pm On May 10, 2021
Steph1738aye:

Yeahh but do you have an idea of the current rates? Bank & black market.
I know it’s lower than the US dollar which is 485

If your plan is to pay for application fee.. Your best bet is to be paid someone in Canada or anyone with a dom account. Finally, the bank Rate as at last week was 340 while black market is 400.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Steph1738aye: 5:48pm On May 10, 2021
Guys I have a question.
Do I have to write the IELTS for the study permit? I’ve seen some people who said it’s compulsory and some who said it isn’t.
Also, in the case of PR after studies, is the IELTS necessary?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:53pm On May 10, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Guys I have a question.
Do I have to write the IELTS for the study permit? I’ve seen some people who said it’s compulsory and some who said it isn’t.
Also, in the case of PR after studies, is the IELTS necessary?

Its not compulsory for study permit.

Its required for PR after studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 5:59pm On May 10, 2021
ToluDstar:

Amen o.
Amen.

That there website sef, some November/December applicant are still waiting for response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Steph1738aye: 6:24pm On May 10, 2021
Anon123:

Its not compulsory for study permit.

Its required for PR after studies

Wow thank you so much for responding again.
Do you think it would be necessary to write it now, considering the fact that it’ll only be valid for 2 years? I’m asking because my program is for 2 years as well and if I intend to go for PR after, the test score would’ve expired and I would have to write it again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 6:25pm On May 10, 2021
Steph1738aye:

Wow thank you so much for responding again.
Do you think it would be necessary to write it now, considering the fact that it’ll only be valid for 2 years? I’m asking because my program is for 2 years as well and if I intend to go for PR after the test score would’ve expired and I would have to write it again.

The bolded is your answer. Writing it now, it will still expire after 2yrs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BornToSucced(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2021
OmaJoe1:
Yes you can defer you admission to next year if you feel you won't be able to enrol for the fall term by September 2021. Just write to FGPA administrative officer.

I hope this help.
God bless.

Many thanks man. Are you in Carleton University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anndav(f): 6:55pm On May 10, 2021
Anon123:

Thats why I replied him with okay.

Any rate that is too cheap to believe
Pls be careful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 6:56pm On May 10, 2021
Anndav:

Any rate that is too cheap to believe
Pls be careful

? cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 7:33pm On May 10, 2021
Please will the visa office be open this Sallah period? I'm asking because of Biometrics.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Davidbanky(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

The 25% funds from your sister must be explained with adequate proof. You shouldn't be silent about it as the immigration officer will have the impression that you borrowed the money from her in order to facilitate your study visa application. Your sister should tender a letter of support stating that she transferred the said amount into your account in support of your studies in Canada. Also include the transaction records as reference.

The family information form IMM5645E should have the details of your siblings resident abroad namely: their addresses, current employment status, full names etc.

It will end in praise

Hello mr frank, please I am trying to send you a mail ... can you check please ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayd16(m): 8:10pm On May 10, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EFEJOKU(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2021
Dear Anon123, please I need your advice.
Hello sir,
Thanks for all your write ups I have been following this thread,they have really been of great help to me securing my admission to a school in Canada. I applied for admission to study and I got the admission in 2nd of March 2021 this year,in the letter am suppose to resume May 17th...I was able to submit all my documents by April 20th 2021,paid visa fee and have done biometric. But am worried right now, I don't know if I gave the Embassy enough time to make a decision on my application knowing fully well I will be resuming in May 17th. What can i do right now,I need your advice. Thanks sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MindfulV: 8:28pm On May 10, 2021
fairlytreated:
I have been a silent reader and the information contained here is priceless. My unreserved greetings to the gurus and everyone here for the contributions. Just a quick one. So, I received my visa approval since December. I later applied for my 3 children afterwards and got their visas approved. I won't be studying till Fall 2021 as I just rounded up the second semester.
The problem is I have been married for 12 years and we have never been separated. I am planning to also add my spouse so we can get decision before fall 2021. Is this safe? I won't be able to concentrate if he doesn't come with the family. @Frankrobbn1 and other gurus please advice

Hello Fairlytreated,

Could you please tell me how you went about securing visas for your 3 kids? What sort of visa did you get for them? How long did it take? Please, tell me about the process. I also want to get visas for my 2 kids after I get mine but I am at a loss on how to go about it.

Thanks in advance for your response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:42pm On May 10, 2021
EFEJOKU:
Dear Anon123, please I need your advice.
Hello sir,
Thanks for all your write ups I have been following this thread,they have really been of great help to me securing my admission to a school in Canada. I applied for admission to study and I got the admission in 2nd of March 2021 this year,in the letter am suppose to resume May 17th...I was able to submit all my documents by April 20th 2021,paid visa fee and have done biometric. But am worried right now, I don't know if I gave the Embassy enough time to make a decision on my application knowing fully well I will be resuming in May 17th. What can i do right now,I need your advice. Thanks sir.

Good day Chief..

I will advise you defer your admission to September or January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:43pm On May 10, 2021
mayd16:
Good evening house, please i just got an admission to study cyber security in loyalist college, i have been given till june 15th to deposit $9150 (CAD), please house i need assistance on payment and visa and also getting the right documents ��. Below is my profile
Marital status: engaged ( will do court wedding before leaving)
Degree: Bsc Biochemistry (2013)
Current occupation: IT support ( 5years experience)
Please can anyone kindly assist me on what next to do and how not to get refused.
My WhatsApp number is 08160157061

Congratulations on your admission..

Chexk your mail pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mayd16(m): 8:47pm On May 10, 2021
Anon123:

Congratulations on your admission..

Chexk your mail pls

I have , thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Silas12345: 8:48pm On May 10, 2021
All I have to say is that This Canada Ircc is playing with people mental health, imo since February 8 did my biometric no update since then only that they asked for IELTS and since then boom nothing else, even if it is negative make them let person know, so I know my next move......

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.