Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862293 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 7:21am On May 10, 2021
Who has done police report recently? How much did you pay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by modupsie(f): 7:23am On May 10, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Welcome to thread, I hope you will find your stay here very exciting and rewarding and ultimately share your success story.

Given that you have a third class degree, you should opt for a PGD program that is directly relevant with your current employment status (business). Having said that, a Post Graduate Certificate program in Global Business Management would be your best choice to demonstrate career advancement.

My simple and honest opinion is that you should apply alone and leave your family (spouse and kids) behind. However, if you've a toddler let's say 1 to 2 year old baby, you can apply for a visitors visa for her to accompany you to Canada whilst the rest stay behind. Upon the successful assessment of your application and your arrival in Canada, you can file for a SOWP and Visitor's/open study permit for them to join you in Canada.

To summarize this piece of advice, you should either be Self-sponsored or your husband be the sponsor of your application.

I hope this information is detailed and sufficient to your enquiry.

It will end in praise

Thank you so much for the reply @frankrobbn1
God bless you abundantly.

My last child will be 4 by October, so I'm not sure I can get a visitor's visa for her.

I will check out schools for global business management. Can I also do a course in marketing?
Thank you again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mhozzis(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2021
AdoChel:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 7:31am On May 10, 2021
Thank you. Do I have to go there in the morning? I'm wondering whether I can go after work.

mhozzis:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elenewton1: 7:44am On May 10, 2021
Did mine 5k about 2 weeks ago in Alagbon, Lagos.
Call this inspector 08035618789.
You can go in the morning. Takes less than 30 minutes

AdoChel:
Thank you. Do I have to go there in the morning? I'm wondering whether I can go after work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mhozzis(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2021
mhozzis:

For POF, do I just attach the mybankstatement certificate or I have to also attach the actual statement
pls anyone with info on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 7:52am On May 10, 2021
Okay, what's his name?

elenewton1:
Did mine 5k about 2 weeks ago in Alagbon, Lagos.
Call this inspector 08035618789.
You can go in the morning. Takes less than 30 minutes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elenewton1: 7:54am On May 10, 2021
Her name.
Inspector Titi

AdoChel:
Okay, what's his name?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 7:55am On May 10, 2021
modupsie:

My last child will be 4 by October, so I'm not sure I can get a visitor's visa for her.

I will check out schools for global business management. Can I also do a course in marketing?
Thank you again

Conestoga college Ontario offers GBM
You can check them out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 8:03am On May 10, 2021
mhozzis:

For POF, do I just attach the mybankstatement certificate or I have to also attach the actual statement
Just the certificate. Actual statement is no longer a necessity.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 8:11am On May 10, 2021
AdoChel:

I paid 4K, I guess it varies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogowuihei: 8:17am On May 10, 2021
What type of questions are asked during the visa process
And do the ask for testimonials
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 8:28am On May 10, 2021
Can this CIC system glitch just send me emergency ppr. Kai!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 8:43am On May 10, 2021
Did you need to take any documents with you?

JDforeal:

I paid 4K, I guess it varies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JDforeal: 8:54am On May 10, 2021
AdoChel:
Did you need to take any documents with you?

International passport and a passport photograph
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2021
AdoChel:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gustav25: 9:17am On May 10, 2021
Good day ... Any schools available for January intake for a post graduate diploma in human resources management, project management, operations management or any program linked to a Bsc in government and public administration in an affordable University or college ? Please quote me and enlighten me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 9:20am On May 10, 2021
Pls for my acct information, my bank statement and my sponsor's own are too big after scanning ( more than 5mb) after compressing it . Should I just attach my MBS certificate plus my sponsors 4 month statement? Or what can I do. As that's the only thing delaying my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 9:27am On May 10, 2021
Good morning everyone.
It's a new week.
I'm overwhelmed with the new monikers I'm seeing.
I pray for ppr rain this week. For those yet to receive theirs. This week is your week.
See you guys in Canada.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by xprimate(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2021
xprimate:
Good day everyone , hope we are all hail and hearty.
After waiting for 3 months for my refusal GCMS notes, it came this month.

Below is the summary of the note:

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of yours stay, as stipulated in 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in the subsection 216(1) of IRPR, based on your personal asset and financial status.
3. The applicant is seeking to study in the colleague certificate program at Sault College in Canada; the applicant holds a bachelor degree in Electronics and Computer Tech. She has been working since 2016/03. The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant’s employment and education history. I note that: the clients proposed studies are not reasonable given the career path.
4. Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account, the document provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available.
I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

Also for proper context, here is my application profile.
My undergraduate course: Bsc Electronics and Computer Technology
Program I applied for: Automated Manufacturing(graduate certificate)
Institution: Sault College, Ontario Canada
Funding: Personal Acc. Balance: 10M, sponsor account balance: 8M , Paid 60 percent of the tuition fee upfront.
Also I don't know why they referred me as a she

Please house, I need your candid advice/recommendations on how to re-apply
Thank you.

Fathers of the house please help-out on this,
I really need advice on the way forward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by drhammed: 9:33am On May 10, 2021
5 Fully-funded PhD positions in Switzerland

Suitable for students with background (&interest) in Biodiversity science, Geography, Wildlife, Natural resource mgt, Forestry & related fields.

The selection of candidates continues until all positions are filled.

Please apply

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1391669115614633986?s=21

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Emmytobs: 9:50am On May 10, 2021
Hello house. Good morning.

Please I need to find out something. After printing my sponsors bank statement and applying for my study permit, if my sponsor makes a huge withdrawal from his account to do one or two things, is there any way IRCC will get to know about such transaction? Also, is it possible for IRCC to request an updated statement of account to verify the availability of the funds after applying for my study permit. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 10:13am On May 10, 2021
Yes, IRCC verify the account provided from the bank

Yes, IRCC can request for the same account statement in 4 months times (becoming a recent practice)

Emmytobs:
Hello house. Good morning.

Please I need to find out something. After printing my sponsors bank statement and applying for my study permit, if my sponsor makes a huge withdrawal from his account to do one or two things, is there any way IRCC will get to know about such transaction? Also, is it possible for IRCC to request an updated statement of account to verify the availability of the funds after applying for my study permit. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:15am On May 10, 2021
JDforeal:

Please
For someone who had created express entry profile but withdrew it twice
In the section that said “have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada” should the person click Yes and indicate express entry pool but withdrew application ?

Thank you

The answer to this question is "NO", since the person only had an active EE profile but never received an ITA to submit a proper permanent residency application.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:21am On May 10, 2021
modupsie:

Thank you again

You can decide to leave her behind since she is not a toddler. However, should you want to go with her she will apply for a visitor's visa as she is not up to the age of five (5).

There are several schools offering Global Business Management program. I can share you a few which are; Conestoga College, Fanshawe College, Centennial College etc. A marketing program would not be an appropriate course for your background.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 10:26am On May 10, 2021
Pls for my acct information, my bank statement and my sponsor's own are too big after scanning ( more than 5mb) after compressing it . Should I just attach my MBS certificate plus my sponsors 4 month statement? Or what can I do. As that's the only thing delaying my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You can decide to leave her behind since she is not a toddler. However, should you want to go with her she will apply for a visitor's visa as she is not up to the age of five (5).

There are several schools offering Global Business Management program. I can share you a few which are; Conestoga College, Fanshawe College, Centennial College etc. A marketing program would not be an appropriate course for your background.

It will end in praise

If you check out Conestoga College and you find a course of your interest, you can reach out to me via my signature.

It will end with praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 10:57am On May 10, 2021
Just use MBS, it saves you a lot and it is more acceptable than normal SOA

madamg:
Pls for my acct information, my bank statement and my sponsor's own are too big after scanning ( more than 5mb) after compressing it . Should I just attach my MBS certificate plus my sponsors 4 month statement? Or what can I do. As that's the only thing delaying my application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AfroBeatDiary: 11:00am On May 10, 2021
All panel physicians in Lagos are booked! Somebody said I should check children practice but they are not listed here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Any help on getting medicals done?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 11:18am On May 10, 2021
If I have to use MBS instead of SOA while submitting my application, do I still need to get Reference letter from the bank? Or just the MBS is sufficient without the Reference letter from my bank. Thanks

ooa1st:
Just use MBS, it saves you a lot and it is more acceptable than normal SOA

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 11:27am On May 10, 2021
Teepearls:
If I have to use MBS instead of SOA while submitting my application, do I still need to get Reference letter from the bank? Or just the MBS is sufficient without the Reference letter from my bank. Thanks

Yes you should

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Briz(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You should declare truthfully in your application that you've siblings in Canada. Please be advised that having siblings who are resident in Canada does not in any way affect your chances of getting approval. The greatest advantage you should place reliance on is to demonstrate to the immigration officer that you're a bonafide student by including supporting documents in proof of your family ties to Nigeria. The future career prospects of your intended program, your aged parents, a family business, parents assets, your active membership in an organisation and amongst other relevant points can be your unwavering commitments in your home country. These points should be well expressed in a detailed and persuasive way as possible.

It will end in praise

@Frankrobbn1
*URGENT* I need to turn in my application today.
My dad transferred to me 50% of required funds. My sister in the US has been sending funds monthly to my dorm account which accounts for 25% of required funds. I would be getting letter of support from my dad and I will also state it in my SOP that I got gift deed from him. Do I need to do same for my sister? Or should I say I'm rendering a service to my sister and she is paying me. Or should I just be silent about it?

Do I also need to write anywhere that I have a sibling in Canada, US or the declaration on the family information on the IMM form is sufficient?

Thanks for your speedy response.

Gbogbo wa la ma je breakfast.

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.