Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861424 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 11:32am On May 18, 2021
collykay:
Good morning to all the gurus in the house!

Please I need your opinion and advice on the best course that will grant me a study permit as well as getting me a job in Canada after my studies. I was previously denied in 2015 due to purpose of visit( I applied for a diploma course)

My profile;
BSc Biochemistry
Married with a child( a year 7months old) but I plan to leave me behind
6 years work experience as a Medical Sales Representative
Age 31
Self sponsor

Please I need your advice. Thank you
you can apply with ur child and use ur spouse as part of ur hometies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 11:41am On May 18, 2021
I applied Nov and I have ordered for GCMS note.Expecting it soon. I almost lost it psychologically at a point if not for the Grace of God.

Teenie19:
How many people from october, nov, jan and feb are still waiting? Have you all applied for gcms notes?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olafunds200(f): 11:43am On May 18, 2021
Good morning everyone.
Please I have some issues and I would be glad if anyone could help.
So I got admitted to MacEwan University for January 2021 intake and was told to pay tuition deposit of 10k cad which I did ,applied for visa in October even with NSE and got nothing till January so I requested for deferment and they didn’t respond instead they refunded half of the payment which is 5kcad and since then I have been sending them mails but not response .
I got tired of the application Cs am an HND graduate and starting afresh wnt be so easy , time is already gone which made me apply for withdrawal and it was granted on the 12th of may 2021 .( I had other options for U.K now)
I have sent several mails to macewan with proof of my withdrawal but no response forever.
I dnt knw what to do.
Please if anyone has any idea on what to do ,I would be waiting for your response.
Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Callioge: 11:53am On May 18, 2021
Thank you.I will
ToluDstar:

You should order for your GCMS notes as soon as you possibly can.
I’m pretty sure your eligibility review has started but it hasn’t just been updated on your portal for some reason. That’s nothing to worry about.

It will end in praise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Callioge: 11:55am On May 18, 2021
Thank you so much,my dear I can never fall into depression,I gave been through worse. I guess I will become proactive from now on. Thanks a lot
Uzomachukwu:

Callioge, I will advise you start troubling IRCC daily with webforms and emails until you see that your eligibility review has started. You should also apply for your GCMS note ASAP.

As for tiring out, it is a normal part of the waiting process. But please don't let this seeming inertia throw you into anything close to depression. That itself will cloud your judgement and make you not to be proactive in following up on your application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EmeeNaka: 11:57am On May 18, 2021
Olafunds200:
Good morning everyone.
Please I have some issues and I would be glad if anyone could help.
So I got admitted to MacEwan University for January 2021 intake and was told to pay tuition deposit of 10k cad which I did ,applied for visa in October even with NSE and got nothing till January so I requested for deferment and they didn’t respond instead they refunded half of the payment which is 5kcad and since then I have been sending them mails but not response .
I got tired of the application Cs am an HND graduate and starting afresh wnt be so easy , time is already gone which made me apply for withdrawal and it was granted on the 12th of may 2021 .( I had other options for U.K now)
I have sent several mails to macewan with proof of my withdrawal but no response forever.
I dnt knw what to do.
Please if anyone has any idea on what to do ,I would be waiting for your response.
Thanks for your time.
This is a dangerous thing. Please someone should respond to this. Why would they refund just half of your money? Have you read their refund policy?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iffylove: 11:58am On May 18, 2021
Hello house,
Please am having issues downloading some of the IMM forms,,,,
I downloaded Adobe as specified by someone on this group last week using the offline installer.,
Even after I have re-downloaded adobe it still takes me to this page...
Please I need to know how many minutes will it take before the real download begins..
Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MindfulV: 12:00pm On May 18, 2021
pushy8:

Thank you for your kind response.
I work in the services aspect; Customer service, Financial unit(Cash, Funds transfer etc) and i presently head a branch. I have little or no experience in marketing.

If I were in your shoes, I will hinge my study purpose on the fact that diversifying the economy through agriculture is a top priority for Nigeria right now. I will go on to state that agricultural lending by commercial banks has remained really low (state the statistics, I think it is about 2%). The reason is largely due to the lack of understanding of agricultural risk by Nigerian bankers. I will then go on to show how increased lending will boost agriculture which will in turn increase the sector’s contribution to GDP, reduce unemployment and ultimately move Nigeria from a monolithic economy to a diversified economy.

Now, the question will be what your personal persuasion is. If you were working in marketing or in the agriculture desk in your bank, it would be easier to establish this. You would probably state that you have worked on some loan requests from some agribusiness customers and you gained so much satisfaction from serving this particular set of customers compared to customers from other sectors. You could also add that that there are certain agribusiness customers you have lost because you were unable to meet their loan requests due to your limited understanding of their business. To wrap it up, you could state that you are interested in pursuing a Masters in Agriculture because your background is agriculture, you work on agriculture-related transactions as a commercial banker and you are therefore interested in further building your competence in this area as it has huge potential in your country.

My two cents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 12:06pm On May 18, 2021
Now I see why people are trooping to the UK.
Person wey we start this abroad waka together don land, rent apartment for UK.
Chai,this canada runs is mentally exhausting!
I wish they know how much strain and anxiety they are giving people,on top say we wan carry our money come read o�
It will all end in great testimonies sha.
Goodmorning House, may PPR fall on all those expecting.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 12:31pm On May 18, 2021
Good day beautiful people.

Abeg someone help o!!
My sponsor is having difficulty in getting mybankstatement certificate from his bank (FIRST BANK) and the deadline is just 3 days from now.

Abeg any advice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 12:39pm On May 18, 2021
I don tire 2 send webforms and emails to IRCC. The more I send the more they respond with the same message "in process". Australia and UK no dey waste time like Canada. I never see this kind thing before... The wait is too much for just visa... Nawa !!!. God pls touch this IRCC people to do fast. This days my network dey enter dey commot. Make person no suffer psycho... God please !!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ritzzybaron: 12:40pm On May 18, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Hello All, How are we doing?

So I received NSE request and I did my IELTS on the 8th of May, my result is out. I prepared for a week but God did it, and i did well.

I am to upload my IELTS result to my application but British council has refused to send the soft copy and they are not receiving visitors in their office because I wanted to go and pick up.

They are saying a dispatch will bring it to my house. I used BC because they had flexible and close test dates, please from you guy's experience does it usually take long to have your IELTS result couriered to you? the deadline for my upload is May 30th.

I will appreciate any advise i can get. Many thanks

The hardcopy has been delivered to my address. Thank you everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 18, 2021
Onweke:
I don tire 2 send webforms and emails to IRCC. The more I send the more they respond with the same message "in process". Australia and UK no dey waste time like Canada. I never see this kind thing before... The wait is too much for just visa... Nawa !!!. God pls touch this IRCC people to do fast. This days my network dey enter dey commot. Make person no suffer psycho... God please !!!!
nothing good comes easy. Most that went to uk will still be looking for way to come to Canada after studying. Uk only needs your money na why he easy

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Fumicasid: 12:53pm On May 18, 2021
Good Afternoon,
I'm new to nairaland and i need advice on how to got about Canadian study permit. I currently have HND in Accounting (2014 Upper credit) and would love to get a degree in Business Management in Canada.

Please what are the requirements and steps in doing so?
Would i need to got for IELTS ?
I would also appreciate School suggestions and idea of costs.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 12:56pm On May 18, 2021
Onweke:

Take it easy bro
We all are in this shit together
It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buckyfof(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2021
Onweke:

Take it easy bro, just take your mind off it. This Canada journey can make someone run mad, throughout last week I couldn’t even really concentrate.

I’m about registering for some computer classes next week particularly (diploma in web designing and graphic designing) learn one or two skills and take my mind off the whole thing. It’s too mentally draining , I’m just tired.

Let’s just keep praying and keep ourselves busy. This constant check is not good for ones mental state. We will all be fine. More PPR to come guys inshaAllah.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ritzzybaron: 1:08pm On May 18, 2021
Iffylove:
Hello house,
Please am having issues downloading some of the IMM forms,,,,
I downloaded Adobe as specified by someone on this group last week using the offline installer.,
Even after I have re-downloaded adobe it still takes me to this page...
Please I need to know how many minutes will it take before the real download begins..
Thank you.

Save the form, then go to the saved form and open it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olafunds200(f): 1:09pm On May 18, 2021
EmeeNaka:
This is a dangerous thing. Please someone should respond to this. Why would they refund just half of your money? Have you read their refund policy?

Yes I did They do refund if Visa was denied or other cases ,but this year they changed their deposit to 1k non refundable ....at least they should say something.
I am just tired and tried every means ,their lines are not going through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 1:15pm On May 18, 2021
ToluDstar:

I just ordered mine yesterday.
When did you order yours?
Which service provider did you use?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 1:35pm On May 18, 2021
Don't go for a degree, go for a post graduate diploma. There are many colleges that offer accounting courses. Do your research well. Get a school first before talking about visa.

Fumicasid:
Good Afternoon,
I'm new to nairaland and i need advice on how to got about Canadian study permit. I currently have HND in Accounting (2014 Upper credit) and would love to get a degree in Business Management in Canada.

Please what are the requirements and steps in doing so?
Would i need to got for IELTS ?
I would also appreciate School suggestions and idea of costs.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 18, 2021
Callioge:
Thank you so much,my dear I can never fall into depression,I gave been through worse. I guess I will become proactive from now on. Thanks a lot

That's great to hear. Remain strong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by drhammed: 1:48pm On May 18, 2021
Fully-funded MSc/PhD positions at University of Alberta,Canada

Suitable for students with background (&interest) in machine learning, medical imaging, AI for health, deep learning security, model compression & color signal processing

Please apply�

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1394634262985457665?s=21

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 2:06pm On May 18, 2021
Wow November! I can only imagine the stress...when do you start school?

Restoredglory:
I applied Nov and I have ordered for GCMS note.Expecting it soon. I almost lost it psychologically at a point if not for the Grace of God.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by doseofpeculiar: 2:11pm On May 18, 2021
Hello house, please what's the difference between active review and eligiblity review,sent a mail and they said my application is still under active review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 2:11pm On May 18, 2021
I ordered May 2nd so expecting it first week of June

ToluDstar:

I just ordered mine yesterday.
When did you order yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 2:23pm On May 18, 2021
IRCC please answer we February applicants fah and everyone else. I am tired of refreshing my email and checking my profile. eiiishhhh!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimahsom: 2:43pm On May 18, 2021
Please I submitted my application on feb 17th and I got nse request and submitted my ielts result and bank statement .I also didn’t have to do biometrics because I have Canadian visitor’s visa and I did upfront medical on April 20th and it has not still been updated on my application.please what should I do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 2:52pm On May 18, 2021
Chimahsom:
Please I submitted my application on feb 17th and I got nse request and submitted my ielts result and bank statement .I also didn’t have to do biometrics because I have Canadian visitor’s visa and I did upfront medical on April 20th and it has not still been updated on my application.please what should I do.

You are not alone.

I had my medical examination on April 21.

Medical wasn't updated.

Apparently, it's becoming quite common. They update some and they don't update some.

Just keep sending webforms /emails from time to time.

And take your mind off it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 2:54pm On May 18, 2021
Callioge:

Word!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimahsom: 2:56pm On May 18, 2021
Spectro:

You are not alone.

Medical wasn't updated.

Apparently, it's becoming quite common. They update some and they don't update some.

Okay Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MrsYO(f): 3:29pm On May 18, 2021
Spectro:

You are not alone.

Medical wasn't updated.

I strongly advise you request gcms note asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MrsYO(f): 3:29pm On May 18, 2021
Chimahsom:

Okay Thank you

Have you requested for your gcms notes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.