Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (868468 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 5:32pm On May 18, 2021
buckyfof:

You can upload and submit it now

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 5:34pm On May 18, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
Please guys look at the letter

Nawa o
Pls when did u apply ?
You need to head to ur bank, print an SOA do MBS and also write a strong LOE to address these issues, also tell ur bank to give a written statement duly signed and stamped, attach the following docs with the write up, send to them via webform and emails

I believe it will be sorted out, don’t panic bro, you are not the first person IRCC don send something like this..

I believe if you address these issues carefully and fast enough, PPR awaits you, Goodluck to you
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 5:36pm On May 18, 2021
honorableron:
Quick one people ....
If I should raise a webform
Which of the visa office should it be directed to ..
I raise a webform for additional info

Address it to Nairobi
Also send webform to both Nairobi and London offices. So they can act fast

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 5:37pm On May 18, 2021
Ade2303:

Which service provider did you use?

Gcmsonline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 5:37pm On May 18, 2021
Teenie19:
I ordered May 2nd so expecting it first week of June

Oh okay
That makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 5:42pm On May 18, 2021
buckyfof:

Why is this always your first question, I know there are lots of fraudulent agents out there but there are also good ones too.

And some of these mistakes can be traced directly to IRCC, it’s just that we really don’t have any choice than to take what they give us. The way IRCC treat Nigerians is just not good enough. They dare not treat Indians or Europeans this way. This is the same way they said someone’s dad bank account was fraudulent and the person had to run around by getting another verification from the bank, the funny thing was the bank assured him the first one they sent was good without error. Why do they do this to us

Which is why it is advisable for everyone to use MBS.

I think MBS is more believable to these folks who evaluate other people's applications.

I am deeply hurt by the shitty ways some people have been treated. Some guy here was rejected after eight good months of application... If that's not shitty, I don't know what is. Some people have reported some disturbing stories about decisions by these folks.

I sense nonchalance and poor management with VOs vetting naija applicants.

If they are going to reject folks, they should do it as swiftly as possible.

But it is well. There are better days ahead for you all, irrespective of the decision outcomes.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 5:43pm On May 18, 2021
RodeDindu:

ToluDstar, is it compulsory that one must order and use GCMS notes on this Study Work Permit visa journey.?

I am seriously worried about it's complexities cos I have been watching some videos on youtube- Noel Abingwa from Cameroon and others, they haven't mentioned anything about these GCM notes.

Just thinking about it, what's your advice please.

Well, with the little experience I have from reading this whole thread 18 coupled with what our gurus have shared with us, it is always advisable to order for your notes at least 1-2 months after sending in your application to IRCC. This ensures that you get some clarity on the various stages your application has gone through and most importantly, you have the opportunity to address any concerns the visa officers might have concerning your application.

That’s pretty much it. By addressing the concerns properly with a letter of explanation snd some backup documents, you are able to convince the visa officer to grant you an approval so to speak. A couple of members in the house can testify to this actually.

I personally didn’t order for my notes until two days ago as faith didn’t let me. I kept saying “My PPR will come next week” and it went on. My faith won’t fail me sha and I know I’ll get PPR soon.

Cheers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 5:47pm On May 18, 2021
buckyfof:

Why is this always your first question, I know there are lots of fraudulent agents out there but there are also good ones too.

And some of these mistakes can be traced directly to IRCC, it’s just that we really don’t have any choice than to take what they give us. The way IRCC treat Nigerians is just not good enough. They dare not treat Indians or Europeans this way. This is the same way they said someone’s dad bank account was fraudulent and the person had to run around by getting another verification from the bank, the funny thing was the bank assured him the first one they sent was good without error. Why do they do this to us

I dont know why o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 5:58pm On May 18, 2021
Chimahsom:
Please I submitted my application on feb 17th and I got nse request and submitted my ielts result and bank statement .I also didn’t have to do biometrics because I have Canadian visitor’s visa and I did upfront medical on April 20th and it has not still been updated on my application.please what should I do.

My application is similar to yours. By logic, eligibility review should have started for you. It's possible eligibility review is running underground.

These IRCC people are not efficient. Don't fret over ghost updates, no updates, etc. You can place an order for GCMS note if you wish. And then, you may wait for their final decision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sympygirl: 6:02pm On May 18, 2021
Lekiboboe:

I would suggest you don't start yet if you dnt have POF, cos when you apply for admission, and get the admission, the chances of the school asking you to pay TUITION DEPOSIT to reserve your seat is very high. Failure to pay the Tuition deposit within the deadline givien, your Admission would be cancelled.

The only thing you can do now is to select a PG.CERT course of your choice that is related to your field, gather the required documents for the admission and study visa application in advance, then Work towards applying for a JANUARY 2022 (WINTER INTAKE SESSION) pg.cert course for your admission.

Since you are married, await response from the gurus or married members in this platform who got their study visa approved, cos the study visa application of an unmarried applicant can be quite different from the study visa application of a married Applicant based on the documents shown, home ties etc.
Thank you for the response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buckyfof(m): 6:04pm On May 18, 2021
Spectro:

Which is why it is advisable for everyone to do MBS.

I think MBS is more believable to these folks who evaluate other people's applications.

I am deeply hurt by the shitty ways some people have been treated. Some guy here was rejected after eight good months of application... If that's not shitty, I don't know what is. Some people have reported some disturbing stories about decisions by these folks.

But it is well. There are better days ahead for you all, irrespective of the decision outcomes.

It is well, I read the post of the guy that was rejected after 8 months. This is just not good enough bro, why have we been castigated so bad, why are they using the few bad eggs to tarnish the whole population.

I believe you and all of us will still get some good news soon.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Solarplexus: 6:06pm On May 18, 2021
Please, what is/are possible reasons why I do t get response as after raising webform. I know of some one that raised webform twice and got replies both times. All I get is automated reply. Is this okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 6:10pm On May 18, 2021
Solarplexus:
Please, what is/are possible reasons why I do t get response as after raising webform. I know of some one that raised webform twice and got replies both times. All I get is automated reply. Is this okay?

Different VO handling different student application.. u either need to be patient or keep sending webform..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 6:23pm On May 18, 2021
Spectro:

Which is why it is advisable for everyone to do MBS.

Me too I see high level of incompetence in there works too, that’s why people win them in JR

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 6:44pm On May 18, 2021
Go get mybankstatement certificate for your dad's account and upload on your GCKey acct. Get MBS for same period that you submitted with your application. No issues if acct is genuine, MER/PPR coming soon!
Baggiomarrio:
Please guys my dad first bank account was tag frodulent.. I submitted my app since January. I just received their message today.. I don’t know why they have sent me this kind of message and the account is real.. how do I respond to this ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Solarplexus: 6:51pm On May 18, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:

Different VO handling different student application.. u either need to be patient or keep sending webform..
Thanks you. Is there anybody having same issue please? I want to know if it’s just me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 7:03pm On May 18, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It's related to Environment, take your time to carefully look at the course curriculum. Its a nice program.

It will end in praise
oga frank please can someone with chemical engineering masters with a distinction apply there for a phd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Musajagga: 7:14pm On May 18, 2021
fratermathy:
please can you assist me with the list of schools that don’t need IELTS?

I can't help you find an institution. You'd have to do that work yourself. Google "PhD in Law site:ca" and then explore your options. Personally, I know McGill University, York University, and University of Toronto are top Canadian schools for Law. You may also want to explore University of Alberta and University of British Columbia.

As for funding, almost all PhD programs are fully funded but you can mail the specific department to confirm.

Many Canadian schools do no need IELTS or any other language test from Nigerians as long as you finished from a Nigerian university.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zhayzhay: 7:20pm On May 18, 2021
Hello i applied for a study permit and my passport has been stamped but my account has been locked and cannot be rectified online. I cannot access my letter of introduction or any document needed to travel. Any idea on this issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Odogwu201: 7:28pm On May 18, 2021
@justmellow please can i have your whatsapp number or email…i need to get some information from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 7:28pm On May 18, 2021
Zhayzhay:
Hello i applied for a study permit and my passport has been stamped but my account has been locked and cannot be rectified online. I cannot access my letter of introduction or any document needed to travel. Any idea on this issue?
that could be a technical issue. Did you forget your password or answer the security question incorrectly? Whatever it is, you will need to fill a webform to get proper help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 7:29pm On May 18, 2021
TOMSY:

Lol. Nice GCMS advert. Panadol and Amalar advert no pass this one o.

Hahahahahaha but true grin. !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 18, 2021
Please what’s the difference between mybankstatement and the normal statement ?

Thanks in advance ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 7:32pm On May 18, 2021
Me like this, I have given up hope. I'm just waiting for a refusal like this. I wish you all luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 7:37pm On May 18, 2021
Spectro:
My candid advice to all those waiting for IRCC Visa application decision.

I have observed that they are reviewing older applications such as those from October all the way to January, while also reviewing some February applications.

I suspect there's backlog.

Seems like decision time may be longer than we all thought... (I mean for March, April, and May applicants).

Hence, it is advisable that you completely take your mind off it and do something productive.

I am a very busy man with multiple projects and personal businesses. Canada is not my God. Do not make it your God. If God wants it to pull through, it will, and there is nothing the devil can do about it. And if it's not God's will, then search for God's will.

Don't make life unnecessarily hard for yourself. Focus on doing the will of God and be productive.

Canada is just another country... It's not Heaven.

May God's will be done.

Nice one bro.

I love this line. "Canada is just another country... It's not Heaven"

Please let's all learn from these post.

Don't kill yourself before you enter the Canada. I am also learning. Don't enter Canada with vex/psycho.

Abeg God's time is the best

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 7:38pm On May 18, 2021
dabushkabash1:
Please what’s the difference between mybankstatement and the normal statement ?

Thanks in advance ��
MyBankStatement is sent to the embassy directly from the bank. The bank will however provide you with a certificate which you're going to upload with your application. MyBankStatement is now becoming an essential requirement rather than optional. It's the preferred document for financial prove.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johanneiyoha(f): 7:42pm On May 18, 2021
Hello Gurus in the house
Are documents needed to be notarized for applying Canada study permit online. If yes, what are the documents that need to be notarized?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 7:44pm On May 18, 2021
ozone00001:
Me like this, I have given up hope. I'm just waiting for a refusal like this. I wish you all luck.
Hope for best, prepare for worst. That's how it should be. Wishing you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by funky4j: 7:46pm On May 18, 2021
Hi guys.i need your help .I applied for study visa having gotten admission for bsc.my statement of account , sponsor's statement of acct and letter of English proficiency were among the documents uploaded.afta having gotten appointment for biometrics I got another message from cic that before June 13th I should provide proof of financial service and proof of IELTS test result showing a score of 6.0 or higher.
Guys I need your help ,I tot I wouldn't have to do IELTS afta having provided proof of English proficiency from my school.
Is it the general IELTS or the academic IELTS am supposed to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 7:49pm On May 18, 2021
Johanneiyoha:
Hello Gurus in the house
Are documents needed to be notarized for applying Canada study permit online. If yes, what are the documents that need to be notarized?
Notarisation of documents is not a requirement. People do notarize affidavit of support tho, and that's ok. Notarisation of every document won't improve your application. All that's important is for an applicant to meet eligibility requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MzMisty: 7:49pm On May 18, 2021
Dear Ozone00001,

I/We very much understand the whole process is a rollercoaster of all emotions you can think about but please don't lose hope.

Whatever it is, I am sure you started this process for a purpose. So, please don't give up at this stage.

Remember, hope is what keeps us going.

NL Family is always here for you. wink

ozone00001:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 7:51pm On May 18, 2021
Hi Toludstar. You applied for gcms basic right ? I want to order for mine as well. I submitted February 16th.
ToluDstar:

Well, with the little experience I have from reading this whole thread 18 coupled with what our gurus have shared with us, it is always advisable to order for your notes at least 1-2 months after sending in your application to IRCC. This ensures that you get some clarity on the various stages your application has gone through and most importantly, you have the opportunity to address any concerns the visa officers might have concerning your application.

That’s pretty much it. By addressing the concerns properly with a letter of explanation snd some backup documents, you are able to convince the visa officer to grant you an approval so to speak. A couple of members in the house can testify to this actually.

I personally didn’t order for my notes until two days ago as faith didn’t let me. I kept saying “My PPR will come next week” and it went on. My faith won’t fail me sha and I know I’ll get PPR soon.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.