Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862022 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 7:53pm On May 18, 2021
Who has recently applied for GCMS notes from Nigeria? can your put a brother through? Been facing some difficulties ordering.

Would really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 7:55pm On May 18, 2021
funky4j:
Hi guys.i need your help .I applied for study visa having gotten admission for bsc.my statement of account , sponsor's statement of acct and letter of English proficiency were among the documents uploaded.afta having gotten appointment for biometrics I got another message from cic that before June 13th I should provide proof of financial service and proof of IELTS test result showing a score of 6.0 or higher.
Guys I need your help ,I tot I wouldn't have to do IELTS afta having provided proof of English proficiency from my school.
Is it the general IELTS or the academic IELTS am supposed to do

You can take either of the tests as they are both acceptable.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 7:56pm On May 18, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
Hi Toludstar. You applied for gcms basic right ? I want to order for mine as well. I submitted February 16th.

Yes I did. Please order as soon as possible. That might even prompt them to send a decision asap.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 7:56pm On May 18, 2021
Ade2303:
Who has recently applied for GCMS notes from Nigeria? can your put a brother through? Been facing some difficulties ordering.

Would really appreciate.

Only persons in canada can apply for the notes on your behalf
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by funky4j: 7:58pm On May 18, 2021
My dear just prepare for IELTS cos it's the same thing I was told concerning university of Regina.Cic just sent me a message requesting for my IELTS score giving me only a month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 7:58pm On May 18, 2021
We are one family. Thanks to everyone for being supportive. It will end in thanksgiving and praise!

MzMisty:
Dear Ozone00001,

I/We very much understand the whole process is a rollercoaster of all emotions you can think about but please don't lose hope.

Whatever it is, I am sure you started this process for a purpose. So, please don't give up at this stage.

Remember, hope is what keeps us going.

NL Family is always here for you. wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by funky4j: 8:00pm On May 18, 2021
My dear just prepare for IELTS cos it's the same thing I was told concerning university of Regina.Cic just sent me a message requesting for my IELTS score giving me only a month
Tacogado:
please can someone shed more ligth on university of manitoba undegraduate admission an agent said i dont need more than waec no ielt and no deposit of school fee untill you resume please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 8:03pm On May 18, 2021
Merci beaucoup
ToluDstar:

Yes I did. Please order as soon as possible. That might even prompt them to send a decision asap.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 8:11pm On May 18, 2021
Funky, when did you apply ?
funky4j:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ritzzybaron: 8:11pm On May 18, 2021
hoodboy:
Good people, my school fees receipt came after I had submitted my application should I do a webform to submit it now, or do I wait and do it after my upfront medical, booked for medicals first week of June as I don’t want to have a reason to come back to Lagos.

Send it via a webform please. There’s no need to wait. Give IRCC every supporting document you can lay your hands on, so you don’t delay yourself. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 8:14pm On May 18, 2021
Ade2303:

Would really appreciate.

You can use any of the third party sites. I used getgcms. There's gcmsonline, justforcanada etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 18, 2021
shupy:

MyBankStatement is sent to the embassy directly from the bank. The bank will however provide you with a certificate which you're going to upload with your application. MyBankStatement is now becoming an essential requirement rather than optional. It's the preferred document for financial prove.

Okay thanks
But to elaborate….
1) Is it more compact than the normal one in terms of transaction history/detail ?

2) Also is the certificate given to you the same as copies of what was sent to embassy because some banks can give you a copy (according to the mybankstatement website) ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 8:41pm On May 18, 2021
dabushkabash1:

Okay thanks
But to elaborate….
1) Is it more compact than the normal one in terms of transaction history/detail ?

2) Also is the certificate given to you the same as copies of what was sent to embassy because some banks can give you a copy (according to the mybankstatement website) ?

1. It's probably the same in regards to transaction details
2. The bank provide the certificate to the applicant and not the embassy. The applicant is required to upload the provided certificate. Bank only provide statement of account to the embassy which requires a password which is included in the certificate applicants are required to upload.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 18, 2021
shupy:

1. It's probably the same in regards to transaction details
2. The bank provide the certificate to the applicant and not the embassy. The applicant is required to upload the provided certificate. Bank only provide statement of account to the embassy which requires a password which is included in the certificate applicants are required to upload.

Oh that explains it. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 8:45pm On May 18, 2021
ritzzybaron:

Send it via a webform please. There’s no need to wait. Give IRCC every supporting document you can lay your hands on, so you don’t delay yourself. smiley

thanks, will do as advised

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 8:55pm On May 18, 2021
funky4j:
Hi guys.i need your help .I applied for study visa having gotten admission for bsc.my statement of account , sponsor's statement of acct and letter of English proficiency were among the documents uploaded.afta having gotten appointment for biometrics I got another message from cic that before June 13th I should provide proof of financial service and proof of IELTS test result showing a score of 6.0 or higher.
Guys I need your help ,I tot I wouldn't have to do IELTS afta having provided proof of English proficiency from my school.
Is it the general IELTS or the academic IELTS am supposed to do

Good day @funky4j

Which one of the English proficiency exam did you tender to the school if it's IELTS then you are in luck you could just upload it but if it's not an IELTS then you need to write an IELTS you can write the academic IELTS.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 8:58pm On May 18, 2021
Please when eligibility starts, will I get a notification via email, or just via my cic account?

I want to stop logging into my account every 5 minutes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by peruxie: 9:10pm On May 18, 2021
Guys I was sent this today...how can I tackle the 3rd part as there is no way I can pay the full tuition and accommodation when I am not guaranteed an approval.
Also, my salary account is always empty as the statement is being asked for.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by WeLocomote: 9:11pm On May 18, 2021
shupy:
These are circumstances you need to figure out yourself. You must have done some things within those 6 years. It's up to you to package yourself very well without crossing the line of "misrepresentation". That's why it's important you start writing your SOP very early because ways of how you can improve it will keep coming to your head.
Ok. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 9:15pm On May 18, 2021
Nice one Spectro!
That was explicit and reassuring!
What will be will be!
Cheers bro
Spectro:
My candid advice to all those waiting for IRCC Visa application decision.

I have observed that they are reviewing older applications such as those from October all the way to January, while also reviewing some February applications.

I suspect there's backlog.

Seems like decision time may be longer than we all thought... (I mean for March, April, and May applicants).

Hence, it is advisable that you completely take your mind off it and do something productive.

I am a very busy man with multiple projects and personal businesses. Canada is not my God. Do not make it your God. If God wants it to pull through, it will, and there is nothing the devil can do about it. And if it's not God's will, then search for God's will.

Don't make life unnecessarily hard for yourself. Focus on doing the will of God and be productive.

Canada is just another country... It's not Heaven.

May God's will be done.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kunbeeee: 9:16pm On May 18, 2021
Wow! Why are they asking for these?
peruxie:
Guys I was sent this today...how can I tackle the 3rd part as there is no way I can pay the full tuition and accommodation when I am not guaranteed an approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EmeeNaka: 9:20pm On May 18, 2021
peruxie:
Most things there are something you can do. What I don't understand is the payment of accommodation. How can you pay for Accommodation when you haven't got Visa. I don't know whether accommodation fees are refundable. But just rally round and get those things done. Your salary account being empty doesn't matter, if money dey enter there, just provide it. They just want to see if you really are employed as you may have claimed.
If I may ask, when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 9:30pm On May 18, 2021
peruxie:

I believe a GIC of 10000Cad should cover the accommodation aspect.

GIC is refundable if permit is denied, confirm tuition refund from school.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 9:35pm On May 18, 2021
Wow Lagos is processing your application...when did you apply?

peruxie:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2021
Teenie19:
Wow Lagos is processing your application...when did you apply?

How do I even know where to send my webform to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Osaene: 9:51pm On May 18, 2021
peruxie:

This kinda looks fake to me...did you use an agent?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 9:56pm On May 18, 2021
peruxie:
I guess you're going to be granted study permit if you provide all that has been requested. Do the GIC arrangement as suggested above. We are all rooting for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buckyfof(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2021
AdoChel:
Please when eligibility starts, will I get a notification via email, or just via my cic account?

I want to stop logging into my account every 5 minutes

You just have to keep checking bro. All of us dy this suffer together lol

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 18, 2021
peruxie:

Seems like the VOs in Lagos have fire in their heads ooo. Which one is all these requirements again?

The accommodation and tuition fees part is bothersome, as you have stated. I find this request a little odd. It's not easy securing accommodation when you've not gotten a visa, neither is it wise. This is definitely tricky.

I will like to hear what the gurus have to say about this.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AKANLE2: 10:12pm On May 18, 2021
peruxie:

Please house,is this letter real. Can the VO explicitly say failure to supply a doc will lead to refusal of ur application. They usually say failure to do so we will take a decision on your application.

Guru in the house over to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iffylove: 10:25pm On May 18, 2021
Thank you very much for this info. I now have access to the forms.
God bless you
It
ritzzybaron:

Save the form, then go to the saved form and open it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 10:30pm On May 18, 2021
I'm not very experienced with IRCC but i think this letter looks a bit odd. Who exactly sent this to you?
Gurus please lend your voices.

peruxie:

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.