Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (860983 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Preeskaar: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
I work in one man business establishment, my company didn't pay me during the lockdown months, salary resumed around October. I got an admission at MUN for Sept 2021 and I intend to be sponsored by my husband but now am
worried about the 12months account showing since I was not paid for a couple of months, I agreed to that to avoid lay off . Am aware that I should be able to show some funds because am an adult and I have been building the account
since October to support with my husband's. Do you think my application will fly since some months will show no salary dropped until Oct 2020, even though most of the funds will be my husband's account ?. Would that have adverse effect on my visa approval? Do I need to provide a letter from my employer that I was not paid due to covid 19?. Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
Blackyshadow

If you’re sponsoring yourself, you should show POF for the total duration of your study.

Cheers
blackyshadow:

Waoo this is confusing me now, earlier someone said I can show POF for one year if I'm sponsoring my self.

I'm confused dont know which one to follow now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
rockorieme:
Its pace course o... applied since November and paid for application fee...
Okay which of the course try log in to your Application Portal if may intake is full they automatically move to next intake which they expect you to accept the intake on your Portal try log in which course did you apply for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
Uriel12:

Congratulations Otunba!
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by rockorieme(m): 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
Okay..thanks. Let me check again. Thanks.
awys:

Okay which of the course try log in to your Application Portal if may intake is full they automatically move to next intake which they expect you to accept the intake on your Portal try log in which course did you apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
blackyshadow:

Waoo this is confusing me now, earlier someone said I can show POF for one year if I'm sponsoring my self.

I'm confused dont know which one to follow now
The main reason why you need to show funds to cover the entire duration of your program if you are sponsoring yourself is because you are "not" allowed to work while studying (even if you do work, IRCC doesn't expect you to make enough money from such to cover your subsequent tuition and living expenses). The only reason you can show fee for one year is if you show IRCC how you can pay for the second year without working or violating your study permit regulations.
Hope you understand this gist now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
oyibo4real:

Chai, it's my moniker not attractive enough�, somebody help my ministry oo
Sorry for responding late. You husband needs to write a letter of support stating the account belongs to both of you and he is fully in support of your plans. Since it is a joint account, both of you need to sign his letter of support

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
letskeeptalking:
Hi all, my PPR is here . . . Glory to God!

I’ll post my full journey soon but for now I’ll just post my TL.

Application submitted- 15th October
Biometrics request 16th October, Biometrics done and updated on 26th October
Upfront medicals 27th October . . . and updated 15th December as passed
NSE request letter 29th November, I had all the requirements so I submitted immediately and my profile was updated to “reviewing document” on 30th November.
PPR - 5th January

God did it!!!

Good news, congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
Preeskaar

Your husband is your sponsor and his account will be used to show your POF but you’ll be submitting your account statement too since you’re mature. You didn’t get any salary for some months due to covid-19. Did I get the gist correctly? If yes, it shouldn’t be a problem.
If you feel the need to explain, you can write a short LOE. But I don’t see it being a problem since your account isn’t the main account for the POF.

Cheers
Preeskaar:
I work in one man business establishment, my company didn't pay me during the lockdown months, salary resumed around October. I got an admission at MUN for Sept 2021 and I intend to be sponsored by my husband but now am
worried about the 12months account showing since I was not paid for a couple of months, I agreed to that to avoid lay off . Am aware that I should be able to show some funds because am an adult and I have been building the account
since October to support with my husband's. Do you think my application will fly since some months will show no salary dropped until Oct 2020, even though most of the funds will be my husband's account ?. Would that have adverse effect on my visa approval? Do I need to provide a letter from my employer that I was not paid due to covid 19?. Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
This is the list of documents I submitted for him and his family:

Apart from all the compulsory visa application forms like:

Form IMM1294 - Application for study permit,

Form IMM5713- Use of family member Representative for online application,

Form IMM5645- Family information.

Form IMM5257 - Schedule1 to application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada,

Form IMM5753 - request for medical test. (He did an upfront medical after I submitted his application and I uploaded with a web form).

Other required documents like

Proof of finance- I merged their bank details and also uploaded mybankstatement code and passwords for their banks that do mybankstatement
I also uploaded one year statement for the accounts.

Proof of relationship - attaching their marriage certificate,

International passport and all markings,

Digital passport photograph,

Letter of acceptance/admission

I also included:

1. A letter of introduction by someone who works in his company stating what they do, what he is going to do in Canada, details of who he is going with, when he's starting his course, when he's due back and that he has enough funds to depend on for the two years.

2. Letter of Explanation by him expounding on facts why he wants to go with his wife and children, when they are scheduled to leave for Canada and when due back. He explained that his wife is a foreigner and has never been away from him for a long time. He further stated they desire to raise their almost teenaged children together to avaoid any rising delinquency issues and that they have enough funds to cater for them during the duration of the program.

3. His CV

4. The Corporate Affairs Commission documents of his company

5. An irrevocable power of attorney in respect of a land they have.

6. His non-refundable acceptance fee receipt of 500 CAD

7. His University degree certificate and student ID card

8. NYSC certificate

9. A power of attorney between him and a foreign company which he is a consultant to.

10. Primary school certificate

11. Birth certificate

12. WAEC certificate

13. Proof of ownership of a Toyota Highlander.

14. Court affidavit on loss of international passports

15. Police report on the missing international passports

16. 10 family pictures.

In conclusion, i left his detail for feedbacks.

For his wife, I attached apart from the compulsory forms;

1. Her letter of Explanation listing and explaining documents she attached.

2. Her National ID card translating in English what is written there

3. CAC documents of her company

4. Proof of ownership of a Toyota Matrix in her name.

5. Her landed property in her country

Please note that I included her other documents like marriage certificate and bank account details to the husband's own.

For the daughter , I included;
1. Her birth certificate

2. Court affidavit in respect of a discrepancy in her name

3. School fees and other fees receipts

For the son
;
1. His birth certificate

2. Court affidavit in respect of a discrepancy of month of birth on his international passport and his birth certificate

3. School fees and other fees receipts.

I hope this is clear enough.

godguy:

what are the documents you submitted

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adetunji001(m): 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
mankind5050:
Any will do provided you have at least 6.0 in each of Writing, Listening,Speaking and Reading.
BTW, when did you submit your application and how many months are covered in your MBS (4,6 or 12 months)
Thanks

Alright thanks sir.... 12 months MBS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
Jojocrawch:
Good evening future Canadians. question, does applying for a college that doesn't offer PGWP (post graduate work permit) count as ties to home country?
Example CCEC Canadian career education college.

Does it decrease chances of approval ?

Anyone vying to study at this school should pls DM

Hello Jojocrawch,

There are other good DLIs, why not take a sneak peek at them.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adetunji001(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
mankind5050:
Any will do provided you have at least 6.0 in each of Writing, Listening,Speaking and Reading.
BTW, when did you submit your application and how many months are covered in your MBS (4,6 or 12 months)
Thanks

Alright thanks sir.... 12 months MBS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
letskeeptalking

Glad to have been a part of your success. The long and stressful journey is finally over. Congratulations and I wish you all the best in Canada.

letskeeptalking:

Thanks so much for all your efforts on this thread. I couldn’t have done it without you, May God bless you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2021
Preeskaar:
Don't worry. I want to believe your account was active prior to the Covid issue, right? If yes, then you have nothing to worry about.
Like you said, your husband will sponsor you.
Your husband can either transfer the funds for your education to your personal account or leave it in his own account and write a letter of support to that effect.
Make sure you submit your SOA(no matter how little the amount in it is) and that of your husband when applying.
Also try to explain you were not paid due to Covid and that was your way of reasoning with your employer as he has been very good to you before now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toceenay(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
Preeskaar:
Personally, I strongly believe that isn't an issue. You just need to write a Letter of Explanation (LOE) stating that you were not paid within those months because of covid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
Chocs:
Preeskaar

Your husband is your sponsor and his account will be used to show your POF but you’ll be submitting your account statement too since you’re mature. You didn’t get any salary for some months due to covid-19. Did I get the gist correctly? If yes, it shouldn’t be a problem.
If you feel the need to explain, you can write a short LOE. But I don’t see it being a problem since your account isn’t the main account for the POF.

Cheers
Great job!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
Admin9:

I have been able to get a closer date.

Thanks for your assistance.

I have one final question. If my sponsor makes a bank deposit (not bank transfer) of 3.5m to my account to cover living expenses, do i also have to upload the payment teller?

or it's best i just leave the money in my sponsor's account.

PS: Sponsor has 9Million in account currently and full tuition has been paid.

Hello Admin9,

To the VO, transfer or deposit is same thing. What they are most concerned about is the funds and its origin.

If you're using a third party sponsor, move the funds into your account. Ensure the lump sum is expatiated on.

If you're zealous, go ahead and do what zealous people do. There's no harm adding enough relevant evidence that can help your application.

BTW, 9m is sufficient after paying your full tuition and setting aside your LE.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
For POF, I merged their Nigerian and foreign bank accounts. I uploaded a generated mybankstatement codes and passwords for the Nigerian bank accounts. Luckily their banks are listed as banks that generate mybankstatement codes.

I also uploaded their foreign bank accounts.

I may not tell you exactly the amount but I can confirm it is over the required 30,000CAD for NSE. I guess that's why they didn't request for it and I also uploaded for Nigerian banks.

I hope this is clarifying enough.

All the best.

JosephYemsol:

Congrats.

You got a mail to submit Ielts alone? Wow...

Pls could you share us the docs u submitted for pof... If possible, the amount in it....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
Congratulations Otunba.

Please did you submit police certificate?

I'm thinking of going to do it and attach with my application cause it seems everyone submitted police certificate. Is it too late to do it?

Also, is it too much if one sends mail and webforms daily or even send more than once. Does it delay or deny your chances of getting approved.

Experts can also respond.

Thank you.

OtunbaTee:

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2021
xprimate:
Good morning happy people.
Please I submitted my required NSE document yesterday, but I want to defer my admission because to time(school resumes January 11 2021)
Please I want know how to inform the embassy that I am defering my admission.
Thanks.

Hello Xprimate,

At this time, there might not necessary be a strong need to intimate them with such knowledge. Give it some time.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LegitPikin: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
letskeeptalking:

NSE request letter 29th November, I had all the requirements so I submitted immediately and my profile was updated to “reviewing document” on 30th November.
PPR - 5th January

God did it!!!

Congratulations...indeed God did it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
lentomac:

You are welcome,

Apart from what you see in the PPR letter by IRCC, VFS have their own additional requirements to process & send your passport to the Canadian Embassy in Nigeria for Stamping, so the consent form is mandatory

And in this form, you are to fill only the 2ND PAGE
After sending passport to Abuja, what will one do next? Will one send emails or call any number?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
blackyshadow:
Morning guys,

Pls i have a few questions.

My tuiton fee is $11,000 yearly, course duration is 2 years diploma.

Am I going to be showing POF for the two years tution plus living expenses or just for one year?

Does it make sense to do a court wedding few months to visa application? I want to get married to my fiancee and include her in the visa application.

If my fiancee will be following me, is it proper to have a sponsor who wants to pay for my tuition? While I'm responsible for the living expenses of the both of us?

Thanks?

Hello Blackyshadow,

One (1) year is required only. Except you have sufficient funds, if not, put in a single application after your wedding. Perfect timing.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Preeskaar: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Thank you so much. Yes you got the gist correctly.
Chocs:
Preeskaar

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
rayval:
Has anyone written the BCS 1 exam. Please I need info, did you study with any center or you just got materials, studied by yourself and wrote the exam

Cc: @BNTtech

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Tre20:
Pls I need to ask this question... Is it wise to include that my parents are resident of European country and my younger brother is a citizen and their properties are somehow in my care when they are not in Nigeria. As proof of home tie?

Hello Tre20,

There is no need being discreet about sensitive information. The property management claim is okay but only with good proof to justify it. Try to get a "Power of Attorney."

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
letskeeptalking:

PPR - 5th January

God did it!!!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
bisolaemilia:
Hi Guys,

I just got my passport request finally since July ������

I submitted my application on the 17th of July 2020
upfront medical passed : 16th December 2020
Passport request : 7th January 2021

Very funny timeline I know but GOD DID IT!

Please can someone help me with steps and advice on the best route for my passport submission?

Thanks a lot for all your contributions.

Hello Bisolaemilia,

Your resilience paid off one time. Big Congratulations. For those March 2020 Offline applicants, hang in there.

For how to send your PP to VFS, use the search bar above. All you need to know will be displayed.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
toller:

I got a mail saying I am eligible for the NSE(NIGERIA STUDENT EXPRESS),my question is,can I use my Ielts result which expired some days ago.
And also,would one be required to pay for rescheduling of Biometrics?
I'd be glad if anyone helps me out here.

Hello Toller,

No, I don't think so. You don't pay for biometrics again if you've already done so.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Preeskaar: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
Hello mcobex,
Thank you for your input, pls note that my account is strictly for salary, so those months without salary actually result in little or no activities.

mcobex:
Don't worry. I want to believe your account was active prior to the Covid issue, right? If yes, then you have nothing to worry about.
Like you said, your husband will sponsor you.
Your husband can either transfer the funds for your education to your personal account or leave it in his own account and write a letter of support to that effect.
Make sure you submit your SOA(no matter how little the amount in it is) and that of your husband when applying.
Also try to explain you were not paid due to Covid and that was your way of reasoning with your employer as he has been very good to you before now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
RxOtunba:
With a BSc economics (1.60/5.00) can someone apply for a PGD. I saw an Ontario College Advanced Diploma (Business Administration- Accounting Accelerated) at Conestoga college.

-Will it be safe to help the person apply/Can the person get admitted?

-Will it show career progression?

-Or should he jst begin anoda BSc, because he is just 24yrs (Born in 1997)

Hello RxOtunba,

A Post-Baccaleaurate Diploma shows a better progression. If the person is bent on doing a second degree in UG, any study gap should be well covered. 24yrs is still a good age.

Best of Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: osasu22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.