Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? (17969 Views)

The Three Wise Men: What Exact “Knowledge Of The Stars” Did They Possess.?? / Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! / Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by umuna(m): 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
What evidence are you talking about?

Do you have any idea who called those men wise men?

It was Matthew a disciple of Jesus not some worldly person or gentile, and for Matthew to do so that means they were wise men in God's sight just as the likes of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

So that means they were wise men granted wisdom and understanding by God not the devil. And it was this same God gave them that wisdom that revealed to them the Truth about the birth of His only begotten Son Jesus and how to track Him so that they could reverence Him.

So wherever you got this evidence is not of the Truth but from a completely false source.

Your idea of a conspiracy with Herod is also false because Herod lied to them that he wanted that information because he wanted to also worship Him. And you also contradict yourself when you said that Herod had a secret plan to exterminate the Messiah, so where's the conspiracy there with the wise men but the figment of your imagination and those who imagine such a baseless and unfounded thing?

Or was it a conspiracy to worship King Jesus if genuine?

God was the One that led them with the star to where His only begotten Son lay, if not God would have stopped them before they got there after Herod had asked them to reveal the place to him. But God didn't til after the star had led them to where He was so that they'd worship Him, because the purpose He sent them had been accomplished.
During that period, magicians were called wise men
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by DappaD: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
engrchykae:
there is more to life than religion, Daniel is my best friend,a witness.
But your church people have no go areas when discussing.
Non participation in secular politics thereby letting hoodlums decide the date of everyone.

So let me get this straight—because Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to participate in politics, they're the cause of the problems humans are facing right? Oga I already told you not to get emotional about these things. See who is telling me to be open-minded. The Witness you claim you spoke to, didn't he give you Bible-based answers that supports our stand? John 17:14-16,18:36 ??

I asked my friend Daniel"what happened in the book of Samuel where the witch summoned Samuel"he dismissed it away.
I also asked him about where the Bible said that an evil spirit from God tormented King Saul,he also talked down on it.
I asked him about sons of God in Genesis 5,he already have "no go areas"
But he is my best friend,religion is for stupid people, humanity first before religion.

Please what are you talking about?
Are you sure it was one of dedicated and baptized Jehovah's Witnesses you spoke to? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by engrchykae(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
Janosky:

Is Donald T a hoodlum? cheesy grin cheesy
Bros na joke ooo !

Was Jesus Christ a politician?
Jesus and the disciples were no part of this world that will pass away, John 17:16, 1Jo2:15. ,5:19

Genesis 6:4, (if that's what you meant) "sons of God" there refers to rebellious, fallen angels (demons) who abandoned their God given assignment in heaven and transformed into human form to marry daughters of men.
(Hebrew malak = sons of God, angels).

The witch summoned "a god" (a demon) not Samuel who had died..
(Was Adam living in another realm b4 Creation?
No, @ Genesis 2:7.
Where did he go when he died? Genesis 3:19. Ecclesiastes 3:19,20.
Deut18:10-12, states Jehovah's disgust against spiritism.
Will Jehovah use a Source (a witch/demon) HE hates to speak to Saul, whom Jehovah & His Servant, Samuel had rejected?
when Samuel appeared, Samuel told Saul that God have rejected him (Saul)why is Saul disturbing him.
It's Samuel,about sons of God,deeper lifers said it's backslidden believers who married sinners and therefore gave birth to giants.lol so if a Christian marries an unbeliever,they will give birth to a giant offsprings.
How dumb.
Anyway you seem open-minded.
Have a nice Sunday
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Janosky: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
engrchykae:
when Samuel appeared, Samuel told Saul that God have rejected him (Saul)why is Saul disturbing him.
It's Samuel,about sons of God,deeper lifers said it's backslidden believers who married sinners and therefore gave birth to giants.lol so if a Christian marries an unbeliever,they will give birth to a giant offsprings.
How dumb.
Anyway you seem open-minded.
Have a nice Sunday

Bros, shalom..

In many Bible versions, it reads " a god" (demon for sure..) was conjured to speak to Saul.
Even though na another person, Saul won't mind, he was that desperate. At that moment, he was desperate to find out the outcome of the forthcoming battle with the Philistines.. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by sonmvayina(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
DonCortino:

Judaism started when the jew were lead out of Egypt by moses. that should be long before 530BC even.

That is what the text says...not history. Ezra wrote the torah.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by freetheking: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
michresakidjo:
according to history, The three wise men mentioned in the Bible were Zoroastrians. Zoroastrianism is the first religion.. it predates both Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
please note that the bible did not mention three Wise men, but Wise men from the East.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by 1nairaland: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
You seem to lack knowledge that it takes two to conspire, hence your unwarranted lame excuses that you said this but did not say that.

Good though that you admitted your error, because only Hero's had ulterior motives concerning what he did, which completely exonerates the wise men of any guilt.
You are defending false information blindly, go read your Bible properly.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by DappaD: 2:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, shalom..

In many Bible versions, it reads " a god" (demon for sure..) was conjured to speak to Saul.
Even though na another person, Saul won't mind, he was that desperate. At that moment, he was desperate to find out the outcome of the forthcoming battle with the Philistines.. cheesy grin cheesy

Satan and his demons have several tactics and devices(2Cor 2:11,11:13-15) and demons are known for speaking half-truths so I don't get what the guy is so worked up about.
For example, the servant girl who had the power to foretell the future in Paul's time did so with the help of demons. You'll notice that she kept pestering Paul and Silas and was drawing attention to them so that opposers would be aware of their whereabouts. Acts 16:16-19

So my brother, wasn't it already obvious that Saul had lost the upcoming battle against the Philistines since Jehovah was no more on his side?

If we're to go by engrchykae's analogy, why would Jehovah now subject his own prophet to a debased condition and give replies to someone who had deviated from his way through means that are abominable to God? Deuteronomy 18:10-12?

I'm not sure it was a baptized Witness engrchykae had a discussion with if not all of these would have been panned out.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by 99thEnemy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
What evidence are you talking about?

Do you have any idea who called those men wise men?

It was Matthew a disciple of Jesus not some worldly person or gentile, and for Matthew to do so that means they were wise men in God's sight just as the likes of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and A.bad.nigga .

So that means they were wise men granted wisdom and understanding by God not the devil. And it was this same God gave them that wisdom that revealed to them the Truth about the birth of His only begotten Son Jesus and how to track Him so that they could reverence Him.

So wherever you got this evidence is not of the Truth but from a completely false source.

Your idea of a conspiracy with Herod is also false because Herod lied to them that he wanted that information because he wanted to also worship Him. And you also contradict yourself when you said that Herod had a secret plan to exterminate the Messiah, so where's the conspiracy there with the wise men but the figment of your imagination and those who imagine such a baseless and unfounded thing?

Or was it a conspiracy to worship King Jesus if genuine?

God was the One that led them with the star to where His only begotten Son lay, if not God would have stopped them before they got there after Herod had asked them to reveal the place to him. But God didn't til after the star had led them to where He was so that they'd worship Him, because the purpose He sent them had been accomplished.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by joefelin2345: 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
NO! NO!! NO!!! embarassed
They were not evil at all, remember they brought costly gifts to baby Jesus!
The fact that one is born bread and brought up in paganism doesn't mean such a person is evil, it's just that that's what their ancestors practice and they don't know anything better! undecided

I concur with you my brother/sister. Astronomers I once told only study stars but astrologers not only study stars but relate their findings to human affairs. The wise men visit to me confirm the Universality of our Lord Jesus Christ. God can choose any one as His Oracle. He is a Sovereign God and does not discriminate. He said that he would bless whoever he chooses to bless-period.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Omoslim26: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
To those up there saying 3 wise men
the Bible never gave a figure of the men it only accounted the gifts they brought for the Chosen Prince of News
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Omoslim26: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
To those up there saying 3 wise men
the Bible never gave a figure of the men it only accounted the gifts they brought for the Chosen Prince of Peace
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
benji93:
Why can't you humble yourself and learn?
Because it's foolish to learn something false. Worst still, to humble one's self to do so.

I had to humble myself to learn this Truth and not the lies that most of you believe.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Time to teach you how to read God's word with meditation!

Q Who is our Creator?
A. JEHOVAH!

Q. Who always speaks first to humans?
A. JEHOVAH!

Q. Who often disguise as angel of light?
A. Satan!

Adam and Eve, Cain, Pharaoh, David, Solomon, Nebuchadnezzar, Jesus, Peter and so many others first of all receive information from God either directly through hearing, dreams or visions before Satan comes to mislead them!

It's only those who becomes victorious by discerning which spirit is engaging them that we know as men of God!

Adam and Eve both knew God as their counselor until Satan came to speak to them! Genesis 3:1-5

Cain knew God as his Creator before Satan took advantage of his envy! Genesis 4:3, 7

Pharaoh had a dream from God {Genesis 41:28} but Pharaoh was a pagan! Genesis 40:22

David was the inspired Psalmist yet Satan spoke to him! 1Chronicles 21:1

Solomon was given a lot of wisdom yet Satan got him to worship Idols! 1Kings 11:4

Nebuchadnezzar received a dream about the endtime from God {Daniel 2:1-45} yet Satan incited the same King to establish false worship! Daniel 3:1-7

Jesus was taken to the wilderness by God's holy spirit {Luke 4:1} but after God's holy spirit concluded with Jesus Satan came to tempt him {Luke 4:2} when Satan found out that Jesus is filled with God's holy spirit he left Jesus only to wait until another convenient time! Luke 4:13

Peter received a revelation from God regarding the identity of Jesus {Matthew 16:16-17} Satan took over Peter to speak to Jesus! Matthew 16:23

So because God revealed something to someone doesn't mean Satan can't take over such a person!

Pacesetter123:

But those wisemen heard from God directly through dreams.So their mission n de appearance of star wouldn't have been inspired by satan as u said.It was all God's handiwork.I so summit!

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by peacenow: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
michresakidjo:
according to history, The three wise men mentioned in the Bible were Zoroastrians. Zoroastrianism is the first religion.. it predates both Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
Nooooooooooooo
Check this out as proof:
Men Of Issachar
These were the wise men from tribe of issachar who were Israelites
1 Chronicles 12: 31-32
…31From the half-tribe of Manasseh: 18,000 designated by name to come and make David king.
32[b]From Issachar, men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do:[/b][/b][i][/i] 200 chiefs with all their kinsmen at their command.33From Zebulun: 50,000 fit for service, trained for battle with all kinds of weapons of war, who with one purpose were devoted to David.…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
haddeylium:

Yeah what? cheesy

Answer that question!

Those are undenying facts that that star sign is from an evil source
or who would want to eliminate the Messiah and convey a message that would leads to the mass murder of innocent babies. Satan affirmatively!

2 Thes 2:9- by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders
Apostle Paul warn Christains against Sign(like stars and all) ..
it misled those magicians, it shouldn't do that to you
I already killed that question because it is foolish to use the single factor of a man's motive to come to conclusions about God, hence no need for that.

That how you also try to justify the lie that hell fire doesn't exist so I'm not surprised.

The star in the sky was now from an evil source because of Herod's decision to kill babies. So what about the fact that it made the men to sacrificially leave their abode far away in the East with the genuine intention to worship the new born King?

Does that make the star good?

That shows how lost you are.

If they were evil or led by an evil source, God wouldn't have allowed them to accomplish their task of worshipping the King of Kings.

He only warned them after they had done so because it was in accordance with His plan.

You're only drawing conclusions from false assumptions.

Your claim that the star misled the wise men of God is completely false, because it led them to where the Messiah and King was!

You really need the star right now, because you're being led astray and far away from the Truth which He is.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
1nairaland:

You are defending false information blindly, go read your Bible properly.
It's not by how much of reading the Bible, but coming to knowledge of the Truth which could only be revealed to man by God.

That's how my position came about.

You don't have to agree with it.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by sonmvayina(m): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
What if mary was actually raped by a roman soldier? And she and joseph had to leave town for the birth since she would have been found out that she was pregnant before her marriage rite with joseph was concluded.

Those that not look like a more possible cause of her pregnancy rather than saying god did it. We know that is not possible. No prophet ever prophesied that was going to happen.

Its the holiday season, why not look at the story again, this time with at least 5% Of our brain..
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Christianity and islam maybe, but not judaism. Except if there was any evidence of it before 530BC.

Zoroastrianism contains both monotheistic and dualistic features. It likely influenced the other major religions—Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
DappaD:

My being honest should tell you that I'm not trying to save face or mislead anybody. As you can see from the thread, many commentators[who aren't JWs] have also alluded to the fact that the men who visited Jesus were astrologers/sorcerers who practiced things forbidden in the Law. Leviticus 20:6, Deuteronomy 18:10-12
If God was the one who directed the astrologers, then he would have led them directly to where Jesus was and not to Jerusalem where Herod was situated.
So God couldn't have been the one who revealed details about the Messiah to worshipers of pagan gods since God at that time revealed details of prophecies to only his Israelite-born servants/prophets. Amos 3:7
You lied! It's because your false accusation of the wise men of God was clearly exposed, otherwise you'd have continued with your lies as you're doing so with the others.

I'm not surprised that there are many commentators here who agree with your position. In fact i'm even surprised of the amount of those who have agreed with mine because I know the position of many Christians about this. I know how you got misled about the wise men, even though you didn't want to state it. It was a recent thread that a pastor's wife called them spies. Imagine someone who's leading people speaking so ignorantly and misleading people about the wise men of God, how much more the followers?

So I didn't expect much persons here to agree with my position, but something you should know about me is that i'm not here to speak what people including Christians would agree to, but the Truth.

That's the purpose of this thread. To speak the Truth about the wise men of God for those who cared to listen.

So you can keep your many commentators who share in your false beliefs.

I stand with the Truth!
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dagz007:

What make you think his claim is wrong while yours is right, your claim is more of assumption that is not even grounded in the misinterpreted bible you study (pardon that) but read from the real language the original bible was written then get to understand even better.
There's nothing wrong in Learning, Unlearning and Relearning, these 3 is essential for a good knowledge seeker.

Unfortunately i'm not a knowledge seeker as you. I'm a Truth seeker.

And knowledge of the Truth doesn't come by learning but by obedience of the Word of God.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Vinesee: 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
The wise men from the East are the IGBOS, period.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by haddeylium(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I already killed that question because it is foolish to use the single factor of a man's motive to come to conclusions about God, hence no need for that.

That how you also try to justify the lie that hell fire doesn't exist so I'm not surprised.

The star in the sky was now from an evil source because of Herod's decision to kill babies. So what about the fact that it made the men to sacrificially leave their abode far away in the East with the genuine intention to worship the new born King?

Does that make the star good?

That shows how lost you are.

If they were evil or led by an evil source, God wouldn't have allowed them to accomplish their task of worshipping the King of Kings.

He only warned them after they had done so because it was in accordance with His plan.

You're only drawing conclusions from false assumptions.

Your claim that the star misled the wise men of God is completely false, because it led them to where the Messiah and King was!

You really need the star right now, because you're being led astray and far away from the Truth which He is.

Killed what question? cheesy

Take it slowly, the star didn't lead them to Bethlehem first, but to king Herod which is the Messiah dangerous enemy and their visit resulted in the mass slaughter of innocent infants.
They're obviously not servants or worshipers of the true God.
Would you say otherwise?

The Obsscience/worship they did makes them God's servant?
That's cheap. Even demons and unclean spirit did the same to him. That does not mean they're not devil's agent!

Think! After they left Jehovah’s angel warned Joseph to flee to Egypt to safeguard the child.
Now,was that “star” a sign from God or was it from someone who was seeking to have God’s Son(The Messiah) destroyed?
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by aysuprano(m): 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
michresakidjo:

Bro I'm just hearing about this Zoroastrianism for the first time and I just read about it, I swear there are lot of things hidden from us o
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by naijadrivablog: 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
The three wise men are Igbos. Iffa hear

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by DappaD: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
I don't contend with proud, hateful and blind religious bigots. It's obvious from this thread that you've been severely schooled on the topic and you only want to save your pitiful face.

jesusjnr2020:
[s]You lied! It's because your false accusation of the wise men of God was clearly exposed, otherwise you'd have continued with your lies as you're doing so with the others.
I'm not surprised that there are many commentators here who agree with your position. In fact i'm even surprised of the amount of those who have agreed with mine because I know the position of many Christians about this. I know how you got misled about the wise men, even though you didn't want to state it. It was a recent thread that a pastor's wife called them spies. Imagine someone who's leading people speaking so ignorantly and misleading people about the wise men of God, how much more the followers?
So I didn't expect much persons here to agree with my position, but something you should know about me is that i'm not here to speak what people including Christians would agree to, but the Truth.
That's the purpose of this thread. To speak the Truth about the wise men of God for those who cared to listen.
So you can keep your many commentators who share in your false beliefs.
I stand with the Truth![/s]

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
DappaD:
I don't contend with proud, hateful and blind religious bigots. It's obvious from this thread that you've been severely schooled on the topic and you only want to save your pitiful face.

Maybe you think I'm someone that could be schooled by false teachers like you.

I could only be schooled by teachers of the Truth not lies.

So when next you want to sell your lies, take it somewhere else because i'm not interested.

At least your false accusation against the wise men of God that they conspired with Herod against Jesus has been destroyed, so you can no longer hold on to it.

You've been hence schooled by a teacher of the Truth. That alone justifies this thread.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Pacesetter123(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
LilBlaze24o:

Hmmm, so God led the wise men first to Herod when he could lead them directly to Bethlehem, so Herod will later kill innocent children? Is that what you mean?

Okay let's put it this way, the wise men otherwise refer to as Magi or astrologers or magicians (practices that God hates) were led by God to visit Jesus that caused the following:
1. Endangered the life of Jesus
2. Cause the massacre of innocent babies

Is that what you mean?

No bro, all these are the works of the one who hates what is good, Satan the Devil.
Bro,I thank God we are all Bible students.Lets look at this analogy,a Christian missionary went to moslem dominated community to preach the gospel.After some days,he discovered dat dere is a cheistian family in dat community.He went into that family to go n rest.Behold,moslem irate youths were in search of the missionary to kill him.They later discovered that the missionary was taking refuge in that christian home.They went in dere to kill de missionary,but unfortunately to them,de man has already left for another area to continue preaching.They instead killed everybody in that christian family since they couldn't find the man.Now the question is; will u then attribute the mission of dat Christian to preach the gospel of Christ in dat community as an act of satan cos it has led to the killing of innocent christian family?

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by DappaD: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
It's okay I've heard you loud and clear sir. undecided
jesusjnr2020:
Maybe you think I'm someone that could be schooled by false teachers like you.
I could only be schooled by teachers of the Truth not lies.
So when next you want to sell your lies, take it somewhere else because i'm not interested.
At least your false accusation against the wise men of God that they conspired with Herod against Jesus has been destroyed, so you can no longer hold on to it.
You've been hence schooled by a teacher of the Truth. That alone justifies this thread.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Pacesetter123(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

The mission of the three wise men was not an act of God but an ancient belief and tradition that signs in the heavens portended great--or terrible--things to come.

The three wise men were called the three wise men because of their expertise in astronomy and maybe philosophy
Wot about the children of Issachar that were also called wisemen,were they called wisemen (men that av understandings of times and seasons) simply because they were Astronomies? Daniel, Solomon,Aithophel wer all considered wisemen even though they weren't Astrologers.Their wisdom came from inspiration from God.So don't draw conclusion that the three wisemen were called "wisemen" because they were Astrologers.Their wisdom might av as well comes from God.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by michresakidjo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
aysuprano:

Bro I'm just hearing about this Zoroastrianism for the first time and I just read about it, I swear there are lot of things hidden from us o

a lot sir...I was shocked too when I got to know about Zoroastrianism. People should know more about other religions too. But some people are narrow thinker. Thanks for time taking to read about them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Late Pastor TB Joshua To Be Buried On July 9 / 8 Groups Of People Bound For Hell / Back From The Dead: 300 Years Old Body Of A Saint Girl Opens Eyes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.