Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! (1149 Views)

Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? / Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by ChristisGod: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2021
WISE MEN FROM THE EAST WORSHIPPED BABY JESUS

Matthew 2:11

And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and FELL DOWN and WORSHIPPED HIM. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

NB: THE THREE GIFTS PRESENTED TO HIM SIGNIFIED THE BABY'S ROLES OF A KING, PRIEST AND PASSOVER LAMB. REMEMBER, IT IS SIN TO BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ANYONE OTHER THAN GOD! SEE PROOF:

Revelation 22:8-9

[8] Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I FELL DOWN TO WORSHIP before the feet of THE ANGEL who showed me these things.

[9] Then he (THE ANGEL) said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. WORSHIP GOD.

JESUS IS GOD

3 Likes

Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
Empty headed misinformed Churchgoer!

Is this all you have in your brains?

Yet you want to argue over Jesus' heavenly identity.

OLÓDO! smiley
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
ChristisGod:
WISE MEN FROM THE EAST WORSHIPPED BABY JESUS

Matthew 2:11

And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and FELL DOWN and WORSHIPPED HIM. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

NB: THE THREE GIFTS PRESENTED TO HIM SIGNIFIED THE BABY'S ROLES OF A KING, PRIEST AND PASSOVER LAMB. REMEMBER, IT IS SIN TO BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ANYONE OTHER THAN GOD! SEE PROOF:

Revelation 22:8-9

[8] Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I FELL DOWN TO WORSHIP before the feet of THE ANGEL who showed me these things.

[9] Then he (THE ANGEL) said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. WORSHIP GOD.

JESUS IS GOD
Job 1:1-3
'1There was a man in the land of Uz; his name was Job.
The man was perfect and righteous and worshiped God and departed from evil.
2And seven sons and three daughters were born unto him
3And his possessions were seven thousand sheep and three thousand camels,
five hundred yokes of oxen, five hundred she donkeys and a very great and valuable estate,
and the man was the greatest of all the sons of the East.

If you know, you know because you understand it
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by ChristisGod: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
BassReeves:
Job 1:1-3
'1There was a man in the land of Uz; his name was Job.
The man was perfect and righteous and worshiped God and departed from evil.
2And seven sons and three daughters were born unto him
3And his possessions were seven thousand sheep and three thousand camels,
five hundred yokes of oxen, five hundred she donkeys and a very great and valuable estate,
and the man was the greatest of all the sons of the East.

If you know, you know because you understand it

Kindly clarify the bolded, what are u trying to imply?
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by ChristisGod: 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Is this all all you have in your brains?

OLÓDO! smiley

Thank you
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
ChristisGod:

Thank you
You're welcome! smiley
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 1:08am On Jul 30, 2021
ChristisGod:
Kindly clarify the bolded, what are u trying to imply?
Genesis 2:8
'And the LORD God planted a garden (oasis) in the east, in Eden (delight, land of happiness);
and He put the man whom He had formed (created) there.
'

Genesis 3:23-24
'23therefore the LORD God sent Adam away from the Garden of Eden,
to till and cultivate the ground from which he was taken.
24So God drove the man out; and at the east of the Garden of Eden
He [permanently] stationed the cherubim and the sword with the flashing blade
which turned round and round [in every direction] to protect
and guard the way (entrance, access) to the tree of life.
'

1 Kings 4:30
'Solomon’s wisdom surpassed the wisdom of all the sons of the east and all the wisdom of Egypt.'

Matthew 2:1-2
'1Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king (Herod the Great), magi (wise men) from the east came to Jerusalem, asking
2“Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”
'

Matthew 24:27-28
'27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west,
so will be the coming [in glory] of the Son of Man [everyone will see Him clearly].
28Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will flock together.
'

Human life began in the east of the Garden of Eden. As it started, doing a full circle, so as in the beginning, it shall end. Jesus is due back and He will return, coming from the East.

If you know, you know because you understand.
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by xproducer: 4:21am On Jul 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Is this all all you have in your brains?

OLÓDO! smiley

====

"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire." - Matthew 5:22

"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Matthew 12:36-38

No personal judgment - GOD is the Judge and Justifier of men - but insults are unwise!

3 Likes

Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by Preciousgirl(f): 7:45am On Jul 30, 2021
xproducer:

====

"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire." - Matthew 5:22

"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Matthew 12:36-38

No personal judgment - GOD is the Judge and Justifier of men - but insults are unwise!

Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2021
xproducer:

====

So who are you referring to as my own brother?

Well if you must know everyone is my neighbour but only those having the same line of thought with me are my brothers! Matthew 12:46-49

So you don't know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of the scriptures you're quoting! smiley
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by Preciousgirl(f): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well if you must know everyone is my neighbour but only those having the same line of thought with me are my brothers! Matthew 12:46-49

So you don't know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of the scriptures you're quoting! smiley

ANTICHRIST
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
Preciousgirl:

ANTICHRIST

Ashewo! cheesy

What brought you here?

Hope you've not come to talk about how you tried to seduce your boss! cheesy

Preciousgirl:
I see him in my dreams
Who can link me up to him? kiss
Starcrush

Preciousgirl:
Pretty face but very lose 'engine' and ugly face but extremely tight 'engine'
Which do you prefer as wife
Be honest

Preciousgirl:
Hmmmmm

My former boss and myself have been sent on a business trip
This trip is supposed to last for a week
Please is this safe?
We will Lodge at the same hotel
PPlease advise

Ashewooo! cheesy
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by xproducer: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

====

In this context and considering other Scriptures that are in line with it - your brother and/or your neighbor is ANY OTHER human being walking this planet! I.E. don't insult anyone! All humans came from the first two - so in that sense at least - we are all one human family! The second greatest commandment? - "And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” - Mark 12:31

Getting clever regarding who is my brother and who is my neighbor doesn't absolve or excuse a person.

There is your "practical application"!

===========

The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”

27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”

29 But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ 36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”

37 And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”

Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2021
Despite his kindness Jesus never called the Samaritan "brother" rather he referred to him as "neighbour" so there is a clear difference between the two.
The boy is a "fool" but you should have asked why i called him a fool instead of jumping to conclusion on what you don't know.
Jesus called arrogant and misinformed religionists of his day "FOOLS" why? Because they were quick to condemn Jesus for not following their man-made doctrines.

Just as this foolish OP ran his mouth at JWs simply because we refused to follow their useless, worthless, hopeless and idiotic TRINITY doctrine of their Dogheads! smiley

xproducer:

====

In this context and considering other Scriptures that are in line with it - your brother and/or your neighbor is ANY OTHER human being walking this planet! I.E. don't insult anyone! All humans came from the first two - so in that sense at least - we are all one human family! The second greatest commandment? - "And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” - Mark 12:31

Getting clever regarding who is my brother and who is my neighbor doesn't absolve or excuse a person.

There is your "practical application"!

===========

The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”

27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”

29 But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ 36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”

37 And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”

Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 7:23am On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Despite his kindness Jesus never called the Samaritan "brother" rather he referred to him as "neighbour" so there is a clear difference between the two.
The boy is a "fool" but you should have asked why i called him a fool instead of jumping to conclusion on what you don't know.
Jesus called arrogant and misinformed religionists of his day "FOOLS" why? Because they were quick to condemn Jesus for not following their man-made doctrines.

Just as this foolish OP ran his mouth at JWs simply because we refused to follow their useless, worthless, hopeless and idiotic TRINITY doctrine of their Dogheads! smiley
Proverbs 17:17
'A friend is always loyal,
and a brother is born to help in time of need
'

OR

'A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for a time of adversity.'

The Samaritan, who helped in time of need, is a neighbour that is like a brother, and a brother that is like a neighbour because he showed brotherly love to another fellow human being
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35am On Aug 01, 2021
He doesn't prove himself to be a brother the way Jesus explained it!

The Samaritan proved to be a true neighbour by spending his money, time and energy in helping a stranger he never knew, and by so doing he fulfilled the second greatest commandment in the Mosaic law before Jesus arrived! Mark 12:30

But i'm talking about the brotherhood Jesus taught his disciples (not all the audience) that they must have the same kind of love he had for them, in the other law it's stated that "you must love your neighbour as yourself" and that's exactly what the Samaritan did. But in the law Jesus commaded us we must love our fellow believers much more than that because our love for a fellow believer should move us to lay down our life (when the need arises) exactly as Jesus did for his disciples! John 13:34-35

Of course that's not the kind of love that Samaritan had, he only did what he could within his capability. But when it comes to Christlike love we must be prepared to sacrifice our own lives for our fellow believers when the need arises!

So it's those having this same line of thought that Jesus referred to as "my brothers" {Matthew 12:46-49} as for everyone else we must do all we can within our capability to help them the way we would have loved others to do for us. I can't expect a stranger who never knew me nor my beliefs to lay down his life for my sake, that's impossible but i know my fellow believer can do that because we're both hoping to see each other again in Paradise!

That's the difference between a person who proved to be a neighbour like the Samaritan and a person who proved to be a brother due to the love of Christ! smiley

BassReeves:
Proverbs 17:17
'A friend is always loyal,
and a brother is born to help in time of need
'
OR
'A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for a time of adversity.'

The Samaritan, who helped in time of need, is a neighbour that is like a brother, and a brother that is like a neighbour because he showed brotherly love to another fellow human being
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 9:08am On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The Samaritan proved to be a true neighbour by spending his money, time and energy in helping a stranger he never knew, and by so doing he fulfilled the second greatest commandment in the Mosaic law before Jesus arrived! Mark 12:30

But i'm talking about the brotherhood Jesus taught his disciples (not all the audience) that they must have the same kind of love he had for them, in the other law it's stated that "you must love your neighbour as yourself" and that's exactly what the Samaritan did. But in the law Jesus commaded us we must love our fellow believers much more than that because our love for a fellow believer should move us to lay down our life (when the need arises) exactly as Jesus did for his disciples! John 13:34-35

Of course that's not the kind of love that Samaritan had, he only did what he could within his capability. But when it comes to Christlike love we must be prepared to sacrifice our own lives for our fellow believers when the need arises!

So it's those having this same line of thought that Jesus referred to as "my brothers" {Matthew 12:46-49} as for everyone else we must do all we can within our capability to help them the way we would have loved others to do for us. I can't expect a stranger who never knew me nor my beliefs to lay down his life for my sake, that's impossible but i know my fellow believer can do that because we're both hoping to see each other again in Paradise!

That's the difference between a person who proved to be a neighbour like the Samaritan and a person who proved to be a brother due to the love of Christ! smiley
Love does not discriminate, love is not biased, love is not bigot, love is not partisan, love is unconditional etc

I am sure that just like with the young man below, the Samaritan, if the situation required it, would've lay down his life for all total strangers, he never knew from Adam nor know the strangers' beliefs.

The love Jesus was teaching his disciples to espouse in the John 13:34-35 passage you referenced, is unconditional love, love without strings attached aka agape love. You don't base it on asking questions or what you get in return. It is love you offer freely.

Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2021
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life" John 3:16

God's love is for everyone but beneficiaries are placed on one CONDITION:
They must BELEIVE (TRUST) otherwise they will perish!

So the love Jesus commaded us for neighbour is general but that of those in the house of faith comes with a CONDITION:

For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, says: “By returning to me and resting, you will be saved; Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.” But you were unwilling Isaiah 30:15

Note the underlined! Those who are unwilling to act in harmony with the order surely have a problem! smiley

it's only within those having the same line of thought! Matthew 12:46-49 compare to John 13:34-35 smiley

BassReeves:

Love does not discriminate, love is not biased, love is not bigot, love is not partisan, love is unconditional etc

I am sure that just like with the young man below, the Samaritan, if the situation required it, would've lay down his life for all total strangers, he never knew from Adam nor know the strangers' beliefs.

The love Jesus was teaching his disciples to espouse in the John 13:34-35 passage you referenced, is unconditional love, love without strings attached aka agape love. You don't base it on asking questions or what you get in return. It is love you offer freely.
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life" John 3:16

God's love is for everyone but beneficiaries are placed on one CONDITION:
They must BELEIVE (TRUST) otherwise they will perish!

So the love Jesus commaded us for neighbour is general but that of those in the house of faith comes with a CONDITION:

For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, says: “By returning to me and resting, you will be saved; Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.” But you were unwilling Isaiah 30:15

Note the underlined! Those who are unwilling to act in harmony with the order surely have a problem! smiley

it's only within those having the same line of thought! Matthew 12:46-49 compare to John 13:34-35 smiley
Quit moving the goal post stop changing the subject matter we are discussing and put an end to jumping and darting from place to another. What is being discussed is unconditional love and nothing about salvation.

The parable of the Samaritan narrated by Jesus Christ was a teaching and John 13:34-35 was a command on unconditional love and not anything to do with salvation.

The Samaritan showed an unconditional brotherly love to a complete stranger, if the situation required it, he would easily give in to laying down his life for the stranger while going to the stranger's aid and helping
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
BassReeves:
Quit moving the goal post stop changing the subject matter we are discussing and put an end to jumping and darting from place to another. What is being discussed is unconditional love and nothing about salvation.

The parable of the Samaritan narrated by Jesus Christ was a teaching and John 13:34-35 was a command on unconditional love and not anything to do with salvation.

The Samaritan showed an unconditional brotherly neighbourly love to a complete stranger, if the situation required it, he would easily give in to laying down his life for the stranger while going to the stranger's aid and helping

You're the one who brought the issue of the good Samaritan who proved to be a NEIGHBOUR to a stranger. Note what led to the instance Jesus related in that lesson:

25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my NEIGHBOUR?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which, stripped him of his raiment, and wounded, him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest, that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was:, and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever, thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was NEIGHBOUR unto him that fell among the thieves?
37 And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

So the lesson wasn't about BROTHERLY love but NEIGHBOURLY love Sir! smiley
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

MaxInDHouse:

MaxInDHouse:
You're the one who brought the issue of the good Samaritan who proved to be a NEIGHBOUR to a stranger. Note what led to the instance Jesus related in that lesson:

So the lesson wasn't about BROTHERLY love but NEIGHBOURLY love Sir! smiley
Mark 3:34-35
'34Looking at those seated in a circle around Him, He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers!
35For whoever does the will of God is My brother and sister and mother.
'

Matthew 12:50
'For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”'

I object you say its was me who brought the issue of the good Samaritan who proved to be a NEIGHBOUR to a stranger.

As you can see from your quote uppermost above, you switched from the parable of the Samaritan to referencing John 13:34-35 thats about unconditional love aka agape love, to next jump on to salvation

Recall it was after referencing Proverbs 17:17 about a brother is born to help in time of need or in adversity that I typed that the Samaritan, who helped in time of need of that man wounded, robbed, stripped naked and left to die, is a neighbour that is like a brother, and a brother that is like a neighbour because he showed brotherly love to another fellow human being

Whosoever does the will of God, whosoever does an act of love is a brother, is a sister.
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2021
BassReeves:

Whosoever does the will of God, whosoever does an act of love is a brother, is a sister.

The above is your own PERSONAL opinion not that of Jesus!

Within the crowd listening to Jesus there are many who believes in treating their neighbour as themselves but Jesus only help the Jews to know that a Samaritan (people from other nations even enemy nations) can prove to be a neighbour.
You wanted me to admit that anyone could be my brother that's what i'm expatriating on for now. According to Jesus only those with whom i share the same line of thought are my brothers in faith not people who proved to be nice to me!

Remember Mary gave birth to Jesus, breastfed him and brought him up, but Jesus declared Mary a neighbour (not his mother) for as long as she doesn't share his line of thought! Matthew 12:46-49 smiley
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The above is your own PERSONAL opinion not that of Jesus!
The above is a fact, truth and reality, not an opinion

MaxInDHouse:
Within the crowd listening to Jesus there are many who believes in treating their neighbour as themselves but Jesus only help the Jews to know that a Samaritan (people from other nations even enemy nations) can prove to be a neighbour.
All human beings are your neighbours including those you are estranged from.

There was no love lost between the Jews and Samaritans, as they hated each other. Most Jews would not travel through Samaria. They rather travel by a longer route to avoid Samaria and any contact with Samaritans, hence the parable of the Samaritan was a good teaching aid to showcase how a Samaritan, who in spite of their differences, the racism, the prejudice, the bigotry the discrimination etc, helped in time of need of a man wounded, robbed, stripped naked and left to die, is a neighbour, that is like a brother, and a brother that is like a neighbour because he showed brotherly love to another fellow human being who ordinarily wouldnt want to associate with him

MaxInDHouse:
You wanted me to admit that anyone could be my brother that's what i'm expatriating on for now.
I demand nothing of the sort from you

MaxInDHouse:
According to Jesus only those with whom i share the same line of thought are my brothers in faith not people who proved to be nice to me!

Remember Mary gave birth to Jesus, breastfed him and brought him up, but Jesus declared Mary a neighbour (not his mother) for as long as she doesn't share his line of thought! Matthew 12:46-49 smiley
Matthew 12:46-49
'46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.
47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”
49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.
50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
'

Hombre I am yet to find a bible with verse printed that says 'Jesus declared Mary a neighbour'

Anyway, is doing an act of unconditional love aka agape love, a line of thought? Yes, it is or No, it isnt?
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2021
BassReeves:
The above is a fact, truth and reality, not an opinion

All human beings are your neighbours including those you are estranged from.

There was no love lost between the Jews and Samaritans, as they hated each other. Most Jews would not travel through Samaria. They rather travel by a longer route to avoid Samaria and any contact with Samaritans, hence the parable of the Samaritan was a good teaching aid to showcase how a Samaritan, who in spite of their differences, the racism, the prejudice, the bigotry the discrimination etc, helped in time of need of a man wounded, robbed, stripped naked and left to die, is a neighbour, that is like a brother, and a brother that is like a neighbour because he showed brotherly love to another fellow human being who ordinarily wouldnt want to associate with him

I demand nothing of the sort from you

Matthew 12:46-49
'46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.
47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”
49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.
50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
'

Hombre I am yet to find a bible with verse printed that says 'Jesus declared Mary a neighbour'

Anyway, is doing an act of unconditional love aka agape love, a line of thought? Yes, it is or No, it isnt?

If Mary (Jesus' mother) and his brothers are not his real mother and brothers but the strangers listening to him {Matthew 12:46-49} then how does he quantify them?

Guy i've spoon-fed you enough go and continue arguing with your fellow Churchgoers i've made myself clear that only those with whom i share the same line of thought are my brothers! Matthew 12:46-49 smiley
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If Mary (Jesus' mother) and his brothers are not his real mother and brothers but the strangers listening to him {Matthew 12:46-49} then how does he quantify them?
Matthew 2:12-14
'12And having been warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they withdrew to their country by another route.
13When the Magi had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream.
“Get up!” he said. “Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt.
Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the Child to kill Him.”
14So he got up, took the Child and His mother by night, and withdrew to Egypt,
'

You're casting aspersions on Mary, when you make Jesus' mother as less than a mother. Nowhere, has the bible nor Jesus said Mary isn't His biological mother or that His brothers arent His half siblings.

What Jesus was teaching with Matthew 12:46-49, was that dont prioritise blood relations over others, meaning anybody can be your mother, brother or sister, so far they are doing the will of the Father and that spiritual family takes priority or precedence over the biological family.

Now, carrying out an act of love, is a good case in point of doing the will of the Father, you would agree? Yes you agree or No, you dont agree?

MaxInDHouse:
Guy i've spoon-fed you enough go and continue arguing with your fellow Churchgoers i've made myself clear that only those with whom i share the same line of thought are my brothers! Matthew 12:46-49 smiley
Its not only insulting but is somewhat childish, to want to spoon feed a grown person with your theologically shallow understanding of the heavily theology laden gospel of Matthew 12:46-49 smiley Smh

Anyway, I'll ask you the question again, you left unanswered, and it would be, is doing an act of unconditional love aka agape love, a line of thought? Yes, it is or No, it isnt?
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
No wahala go and practice as you understand in the midst of your fellow believers i'm practicing mine in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

BassReeves:
Matthew 2:12-14
'12And having been warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they withdrew to their country by another route.
13When the Magi had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream.
“Get up!” he said. “Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt.
Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the Child to kill Him.”
14So he got up, took the Child and His mother by night, and withdrew to Egypt,
'

You're casting aspersions on Mary, when you make Jesus' mother as less than a mother. Nowhere, has the bible nor Jesus said Mary isn't His biological mother or that His brothers arent His half siblings.

What Jesus was teaching with Matthew 12:46-49, was that dont prioritise blood relations over others, meaning anybody can be your mother, brother or sister, so far they are doing the will of the Father and that spiritual family takes priority or precedence over the biological family.

Now, carrying out an act of love, is a good case in point of doing the will of the Father, you would agree? Yes you agree or No, you dont agree?

Its not only insulting but is somewhat childish, to want to spoon feed a grown person with your theologically shallow understanding of the heavily theology laden gospel of Matthew 12:46-49 smiley Smh

Anyway, I'll ask you the question again, you left unanswered, and it would be, is doing an act of unconditional love aka agape love, a line of thought? Yes, it is or No, it isnt?
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by Anas09: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Is this all you have in your brains?

OLÓDO! smiley
What is the point of insulting him? In your WT mind now, you have done well.
The guy is right, Jesus is God.
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by Anas09: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're welcome! smiley
You are soooo lost. You insulted him, rather than getting upset, he thanked you, and instead of you apologizing, you stupidity said thank you.
What indoctrination does to people.

You see that over inflated self worth (believing you know more everyone) that the Jehovah's witnesses organization inculcates into you guys? That is what will plunge you into hellfire faster than anything.

Yahweh resists the proud.
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by Anas09: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
BassReeves:
Genesis 2:8
'And the LORD God planted a garden (oasis) in the east, in Eden (delight, land of happiness);
and He put the man whom He had formed (created) there.
'

Genesis 3:23-24
'23therefore the LORD God sent Adam away from the Garden of Eden,
to till and cultivate the ground from which he was taken.
24So God drove the man out; and at the east of the Garden of Eden
He [permanently] stationed the cherubim and the sword with the flashing blade
which turned round and round [in every direction] to protect
and guard the way (entrance, access) to the tree of life.
'

1 Kings 4:30
'Solomon’s wisdom surpassed the wisdom of all the sons of the east and all the wisdom of Egypt.'

Matthew 2:1-2
'1Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king (Herod the Great), magi (wise men) from the east came to Jerusalem, asking
2“Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”
'

Matthew 24:27-28
'27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west,
so will be the coming [in glory] of the Son of Man [everyone will see Him clearly].
28Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will flock together.
'

Human life began in the east of the Garden of Eden. As it started, doing a full circle, so as in the beginning, it shall end. Jesus is due back and He will return, coming from the East.

If you know, you know because you understand.
I Know and I believe you. Jesus is the sun in the East of Heaven
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by Anas09: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Again watch it. This pride will sink you.
Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by Anas09: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Ashewo! cheesy

What brought you here?

Hope you've not come to talk about how you tried to seduce your boss! cheesy

Ashewooo! cheesy

You are a baby.
What makes one a prostitute?

Please don't quote me. I have read through your comments, you are very irresponsible. It will.be a waste of time talking to a brick wall. Bye

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! by BassReeves: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
No wahala go and practice as you understand in the midst of your fellow believers i'm practicing mine in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
You're within your rights to practice as you understand in the midst of your clique, as no one is holding you against doing so, however kindly oblige giving your responses to the following below two questions please:
1. Carrying out an act of unconditional love, is a good case in point of doing the will of the Father, you would agree? Is it, Yes, you agree or No, you don't agree?
2. Is doing an act of unconditional love aka agape love, a line of thought? Is it, Yes, it is or No, it isn't?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? / Why Long-suffering Is Beneficial? / Food For Thought For Atheists And Agnostics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.