Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

A Good Programmer Is NEEDED - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Good Programmer Is NEEDED (1057 Views)

A Forex Trader That Is Also A Programmer Is Needed Urgently / Good Programmer Is Needed / Good Programmer Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hello, I need a good programmer for a small private project.
I want a portal/platform/ application that automate a warehouse order processing system.
We will use a scanner on a mobile computer called zebra.

The built application/portal will need to work on android OS like an app and also accessible on computer browsers.

I will help with architecture but need a developer.
I have good examples to show.

Please reply or contact me with a portfolio or cv.

Thank you!!!
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Karleb(m): 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
If everyone can recruit like this, wouldn't the world be a better place?

But everyone wants a java/goland/react/redux/css/material UI/php/Laravel/Vuejs/angular dev.

5 Likes

Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
Karleb:
If everyone can recruit like this, wouldn't the world be a better place?

But everyone wants a java/goland/react/redux/css/material UI/php/Laravel/Vuejs/angular dev.

In Nigeria, they go pay you 50k with all those skills cheesy. Op why not use an existing platform like Salesforce. Seems that what you are looking for is in the CRM and ERP realm.

2 Likes

Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by excanny: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hycon:
I want a portal/platform/ application that automate a warehouse order processing system.

The built application/portal will need to work on android OS like an app and also accessible on computer browsers.

Thank you!!!

You can reach me on whatsapp 07030595988. Let's talk.
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by zando64: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hycon:

Thank you!!!

Contact me on 08034609308
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by simplesol: 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hycon:

Thank you!!!

Contact us for further discussion
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by sreamsense: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hycon:

Thank you!!!

(A) Can you update me on which model of zebra is that of your device first? Is it TC25, TC55 etc?

(B) If I understood you correctly, Android app to be built will read barcode from inbuilt scanner of your zebra mobile computer to carry out automation processing for warehouse order. Is that what you need?

Note: My question C below Edited; your message here: "I want a portal/platform/ application that automate a warehouse order processing system."

...with your quoted statement above, you need complete solution, you can IGNORE my question C below, but I will still leave 'question C for you to read" in case you mean otherwise

(C) The proposed warehouse order processing system application itself; will it be part of Android app described above apart from capturing barcode order from scanner (...will it be complete new solution for warehouse order processing system + zebra interface android app to be built?) or do you have existing functional warehouse order processing system (either as mobile app or web app or Website) that android app above in 'b' will be integrated? (...meaning is it just to integrate zebra device android app to your existing warehouse order you already have?)

So far the zebra company has valid SDK, documentation and other useful info, there is no problem, you can count me in for the job if answers to my questions above are favourable and this job is still open. I will come back here to put my contact number tonight or tomorrow for further discussion and how to start if I am cleared with what you want to do based on answer to my questions above from you

Regard

Note (just added here): I just read their documentation; I think, I am cool with it for now until I get more info from you. You can PM me or respond here
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by cixak95211: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

In Nigeria, they go pay you 50k with all those skills cheesy. Op why not use an existing platform like Salesforce. Seems that what you are looking for is in the CRM and ERP realm.

Just curious, what's ur obsession with Salesforce?
I hope it's not what I am thinking . . .
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
cixak95211:

Just curious, what's ur obsession with Salesforce?
I hope it's not what I am thinking . . .
Obsession presently is Gatsby and wordpress. Salesforce is a future ambition.
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 12:14am On Dec 20, 2020
sreamsense:

(A) Can you update me on which model of zebra is that of your device first? Is it TC25, TC55 etc?

(B) If I understood you correctly, Android app to be built will read barcode from inbuilt scanner of your zebra mobile computer to carry out automation processing for warehouse order. Is that what you need?

Note: My question C below Edited; your message here: "I want a portal/platform/ application that automate a warehouse order processing system."

...with your quoted statement above, you need complete solution, you can IGNORE my question C below, but I will still leave 'question C for you to read" in case you mean otherwise

(C) The proposed warehouse order processing system application itself; will it be part of Android app described above apart from capturing barcode order from scanner (...will it be complete new solution for warehouse order processing system + zebra interface android app to be built?) or do you have existing functional warehouse order processing system (either as mobile app or web app or Website) that android app above in 'b' will be integrated? (...meaning is it just to integrate zebra device android app to your existing warehouse order you already have?)

So far the zebra company has valid SDK, documentation and other useful info, there is no problem, you can count me in for the job if answers to my questions above are favourable and this job is still open. I will come back here to put my contact number tonight or tomorrow for further discussion and how to start if I am cleared with what you want to do based on answer to my questions above from you

Regard

Note (just added here): I just read their documentation; I think, I am cool with it for now until I get more info from you. You can PM me or respond here

You seems to know what I am trying to describe here.
Please let’s talk.

How can I reach you?

We can collaborate with more programmers if need be.
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 12:21am On Dec 20, 2020
I will write a requirement and how the process will be like here shortly and see if any one can make it work and we discuss about presenting a quote.
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 1:35am On Dec 20, 2020
As a programmer, you may already have better understanding of what I wrote below.
This is just an example of the process. You can express your ideas.

What will the handheld mobile computer do?
———————
To access the web application.
Scan product, product location barcode or QR code.
Guide employee to pick the right product in the right location and also verify the qty when necessary.

What will the application/portal do?
——————————————
Access a database of all products
Access a database of all shelf locations
Make calculations
Login authentication
Track warehouse inventory

Scenario
—————
A warehouse manager just received an order from one of the company’s customers for 6 boxes of item A and 3 boxes of Item B.

Orders to be processed are displayed on the mobile computer for an employee to pick around the warehouse.

-Employee select the order for processing

-Application tells the employee to go pick 3 boxes of item B from shelf location 62 Line 5

-Employee gets to the specified location, scan the location to verify the right location.

-Then scan the product to verify that the item is Item B.

-Employee picks 3 boxes

-Application asks the employee to verify the qty picked to ensure 3 boxes were picked.

-If correct then employee proceed to the next item but if not then employee get an alert that the qty picked doesn’t match.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thank you!

Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 1:39am On Dec 20, 2020
It is more or less a management system.

Tracks and verifies inventory that helps fulfill orders with less mistake and duplicate.
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2020
Hycon:
It is more or less a management system.

Tracks and verifies inventory that helps fulfill orders with less mistake and duplicate.
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by sreamsense: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2020
Hycon:

Please let’s talk.

How can I reach you?

You can call me on : 08167808360, but let our talk be from tomorrow being Monday by God's grace because today's Sunday is quite busy or you can text your number to my number and indicate 'zebra device Nairaland', so I can call you at your stipulated time for further discussion. More contact details will be exchanged as we discuss
Regards
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2020
sreamsense:

You can call me on : 08167808360, but let our talk be from tomorrow being Monday by God's grace because today's Sunday is quite busy or you can text your number to my number and indicate 'zebra device Nairaland', so I can call you at your stipulated time for further discussion. More contact details will be exchanged as we discuss
Regards

WhatsApp
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 11:50am On Dec 20, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Something independent on its own.

But thank you, I appreciate your idea.
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by sreamsense: 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hycon:

Please let’s talk.

How can I reach you?

Having read how you want your proposed application solution model to get implemented especially your scenerio case analysis, there is no doubt, you need server-client architecture based application for warehouse automation. Three actors are involved here: Warehouse manager, company customers and company employee, but I need answers to some questions below to exactly understand what you have on ground in your company, so I will know what to design from scratch to work with your existing infrastructure to cut cost

Note: As per interfacing of your zebra mobile computer device, I have read your device's manufacturer documentations (though not exact model since I don't know your model yet, but they seem to work similar) and so far I am cool with it. The customized android mobile app you proposed for employee on handheld device will work with Datawedge app on that device + other useful libraries from device manufacturers

Q1: Do your company have existing inventory database for your warehouse or do you want us to create new inventory database for your warehouse from scratch by taking stocks of goods coming and going from warehouse which will be Centra to all app involved?

Q2: Warehouse goods already have barcode or QR code printed on their containers, though, unique QR codes can also be generated as in-house id on each item, but question is, do all locations in your company warehouse already have barcode label you put on them or will I have to do labelling from scratch?

Q3. From your scenario analysis, how do your company's customers make order? Is it through your existing website web form or through existing company android app or (through the same mobile app proposed for employee but different portal login interface) or casually via email, phone call etc? To know whether to work with your existing infrastructure or build one from scratch?

Q4: Warehouse manager will delegate task to less-busy employee as he/she receives order from numerous company's customers, question is, do manager delegates task via your existing website or the same proposed app with manager login interface or we should build another one from scratch

Regards
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Hycon(m): 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
sreamsense:

Regards

Q1: Do your company have existing inventory database for your warehouse or do you want us to create new inventory database for your warehouse from scratch by taking stocks of goods coming and going from warehouse which will be Centra to all app involved?

Currently, we use a cloud service called Microsoft business central aka business dynamics. This is mainly where orders are input and processed. Where all the stock keeping unit(SKU) are managed from product purchase orders sent to product vendor to sales order to fulfill orders for customers.

That being said, I will like to keep that business central service separate from this new solution. The only thing that can link them together will be using web API on this new solution to access sales orders that need to be picked by the warehouse.

So yes, it may mean creating new identical inventory database that track goods in and out of the WAREHOUSE only.

Q2: Warehouse goods already have barcode or QR code printed on their containers, though, unique QR codes can also be generated as in-house id on each item, but question is, do all locations in your company warehouse already have barcode label you put on them or will I have to do labelling from scratch?

Yes products we receive from our supplier already have barcodes aka EAN on them.

As for shelf location, we will need to create the QR code from scratch. Print and apply on each shelf location as seen in the picture below.

Q3. From your scenario analysis, how do your company's customers make order? Is it through your existing website web form or through existing company android app or (through the same mobile app proposed for employee but different portal login interface) or casually via email, phone call etc? To know whether to work with your existing infrastructure or build one from scratch?

-Customers send purchase order through emails for now(but maybe in the future, taking orders through web/Portal will be fantastic)
-An order processor employee manually input the order into our cloud service system.
-Order processor submit the order to the warehouse to pick items on the order.
-Warehouse employee pick and ship items.
-Customer get charged and gets shipment tracking.

New solution only need to know which orders that need to be picked. Business central can supply those information through an API or other ways possible.

Q4: Warehouse manager will delegate task to less-busy employee as he/she receives order from numerous company's customers, question is, do manager delegates task via your existing website or the same proposed app with manager login interface or we should build another one from scratch?

Yes, Warehouse manager will need its own login interface and can delegate task as pleased.
At the same time, the solution can automatically assign a task to an employee who make a request for more work.

This solution already exist but companies usually build and customize them from scratch. Zebra android mobile computer makes it more interactive.

I think they use JAVA, XHTML and general object-oriented design and analysis.
Whatever works and not forgetting security.

Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by sreamsense: 9:19am On Dec 21, 2020
Hycon:

Currently, we use a cloud service called Microsoft business central aka business dynamics. This is mainly where orders are input and processed. Where all the stock keeping unit(SKU) are managed from product purchase orders sent to product vendor to sales order to fulfill orders for customers.

That being said, I will like to keep that business central service separate from this new solution. The only thing that can link them together will be using web API on this new solution to access sales orders that need to be picked by the warehouse.

So yes, it may mean creating new identical inventory database that track goods in and out of the WAREHOUSE only.

Nothing will interfere with your existing cloud solution. Level of relationship we will have with your existing database will depend on DBMS used, but, whatever DBMS or whether it is designed from MSSQL, MYSQL, SQLITE etc, we should be able to export as .SQL or .Json or similar format that can be used to create identical database for your proposed warehouse solution. And if your existing database will be linked to directly, level of security and access will be defined and restricted. So, no problem here!

Hycon:

Yes products we receive from our supplier already have barcodes aka EAN on them.

As for shelf location, we will need to create the QR code from scratch. Print and apply on each shelf location as seen in the picture below.

Ok, there is no problem here. We can create from scratch. This will give opportunity to do proper arrangements that will be easy to locate.

Hycon:

-Customers send purchase order through emails for now(but maybe in the future, taking orders through web/Portal will be fantastic)
-An order processor employee manually input the order into our cloud service system.
-Order processor submit the order to the warehouse to pick items on the order.
-Warehouse employee pick and ship items.
-Customer get charged and gets shipment tracking.

New solution only need to know which orders that need to be picked. Business central can supply those information through an API or other ways possible.

Ok, Here, we will need to allow customer to make a choice on convinient mode of making order. We will not force them, some might not be technical saavy, conventional/traditional method will still be preserve to work in parallel with automated system. We can have separate interface for them in proposed app to make order or just make identical version for them they can download from your cloud or Google play, from the app, they can send order directly or send email directly or make call by clicking just a button without dia number or send SMS or send FCM message or even making multimedia chat

Hycon:

Yes, Warehouse manager will need its own login interface and can delegate task as pleased.
At the same time, the solution can automatically assign a task to an employee who make a request for more work.

This solution already exist but companies usually build and customize them from scratch. Zebra android mobile computer makes it more interactive.

I think they use JAVA, XHTML and general object-oriented design and analysis.
Whatever works and not forgetting security.

Security remains ultimate priority! However, warehouse manager, properly, he has office close to warehouse premises or he/she oversees warehouse from head office. There is properbility he has desktop computer on his desk, if so, we should make him have more options. If he is on his desk, he can use desktop version of the app that can work on window, Mac computer, Linux and even Raspberry Pi and when he is on mobile, not in office or at home, he should use mobile version of the app. Doing it will have been better , but to avoid distraction usually associated with Website at work, but can still be used
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by sreamsense: 5:00am On Dec 22, 2020
Another new message has been sent to your email. Kindly check it.
Regards
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
sreamsense:
Another new message has been sent to your email. Kindly check it.
Regards

This is a multi-million naira project and when you do get the job, make sure you delegate, you mention me
Re: A Good Programmer Is NEEDED by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hycon:
As a programmer, you may already have better understanding of what I wrote below.
This is just an example of the process. You can express your ideas.

What will the handheld mobile computer do?
———————
To access the web application.
Scan product, product location barcode or QR code.
Guide employee to pick the right product in the right location and also verify the qty when necessary.

What will the application/portal do?
——————————————
Access a database of all products
Access a database of all shelf locations
Make calculations
Login authentication
Track warehouse inventory

Scenario
—————
A warehouse manager just received an order from one of the company’s customers for 6 boxes of item A and 3 boxes of Item B.

Orders to be processed are displayed on the mobile computer for an employee to pick around the warehouse.

-Employee select the order for processing

-Application tells the employee to go pick 3 boxes of item B from shelf location 62 Line 5

-Employee gets to the specified location, scan the location to verify the right location.

-Then scan the product to verify that the item is Item B.

-Employee picks 3 boxes

-Application asks the employee to verify the qty picked to ensure 3 boxes were picked.

-If correct then employee proceed to the next item but if not then employee get an alert that the qty picked doesn’t match.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thank you!

Nice, what you're describing is close to what's obtainable in Amazon warehouses? Amazon is far advanced though. Holla let's arrange for a meeting.

(1) (Reply)

Your First Hit Job / What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? / Need Help For A New App To Be Programmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.