Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? (1264 Views)

Why Do Atheist Celebrate Christmas? / What Can You Tell An Atheist To Believe There Is God? / Why Do Atheist And Devilist Attack Only Christianity?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 20, 2020
This question has always bordered me. I have read some materials on evolution, even though I am not a Darwinist.

As a student of Egyptology and Acientology, I have been privileged to read some old books on the history of mankind, and the various beliefs.

Permit me to posit that one thing that cut across most ancient history and tradition of mankind, from the barbarians, to ancient Egypt, Ethiopia, Greece, Spartan, Athens, Rome, Great Britain, as well as, ancient Asia and Africa history, as been the firm believe that there Exist a supreme being, who controls the affairs of men, regardless of the name we choose to call or address him.

I still recall the first time I flew on a plane. I couldn't help but wonder where is heaven, if all I saw were clouds.

At the same, I could only marvel about God and the wonders of his creation. The Earth is beautiful and so are the clouds.

Having looked around, I can't help but wonder why someone will choose to simply believe there is no God.

All I can ask is why?

Kindly educate my ignorance.

Shalom.

CC: Uboma
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Esetobore(f): 2:24am On Dec 20, 2020
The so-called Atheist who claimed they don't believe in God is the first to shout” oh my God! When something terrifying happens to them. They are just a bunch of hypocrites and ignorant human beings on planet Earth. We all believe in science and technology but science has not been able to create a living soul. The formation of another being when sperm and a women's egg meet, the ability for humans to fall asleep and wake up, the air we breathe, for without air there will be no living soul. All this is not by scientific method or power. If anyone says there is no God, or they don't believe that God exists, is just plain stupid.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by tobechi74: 3:31am On Dec 20, 2020
Why do you believe Buhari is not dead
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by coolsegun2002: 5:20am On Dec 20, 2020
litigator:
This question has always bordered me. I have read some materials on evolution, even though I am not a Darwinist.

As a student of Egyptology and Acientology, I have been privileged to read some old books on the history of mankind, and the various beliefs.

Permit me to posit that one thing that cut across most ancient history and tradition of mankind, from the barbarians, to ancient Egypt, Ethiopia, Greece, Spartan, Athens, Rome, Great Britain, as well as, ancient Asia and Africa history, as been the firm believe that there Exist a supreme being, who controls the affairs of men, regardless of the name we choose to call or address him.

I still recall the first time I flew on a plane. I couldn't help but wonder where is heaven, if all I saw were clouds.

At the same, I could only marvel about God and the wonders of his creation. The Earth is beautiful and so are the clouds.

Having looked around, I can't help but wonder why someone will choose to simply believe there is no God.

All I can ask is why?

Shalom.

Most of them are former Church goers and Muslims so their unbelief is driven religiously.

Most are viewing from the illogical or ambiguous angle of the Bible and Quran.....as u will see many of them argue and make mockery with statement like virgin birth, talking animal, hell etc

Some lost their loved one...u will perceive in their arguement that they are angry at God and choosing unbelief is just easier

the media presents something cooler these days...that atheist are cool, free, have unshackled mind, and are brilliant thinkers...who doesn’t want to be one of those with free and unshackled mind?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by sonofthunder: 5:33am On Dec 20, 2020
litigator:

All I can ask is why?

Shalom.

This question has been asker a million times here on nairaland, they will never answer though. They'll only try to answer all the questions you never asked.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by masterP042(m): 6:09am On Dec 20, 2020
The simple answer is BECAUSE THERE'S NO VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT GOD EXISTS.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 20, 2020
talosope kopo ke

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 20, 2020
masterP042:
The simple answer is BECAUSE THERE'S NO VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT GOD EXISTS.

By verifiable evidence, how do you mean?
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by masterP042(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2020
litigator:

By verifiable evidence, how do you mean?
Check your dictionary, check verifiable, then check evidence.
What is the proof that God exists? By God I mean the omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent being

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by kingxsamz(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2020
Atheists "don't believe" there is no god.
Correct that statement abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by MJBOLT: 8:18am On Dec 20, 2020
when atheists use "oh my god",they mean it's unbelievable just like your religion and god.Believing something without evidence is foolishness,where is the proof that your god can create a living soul?the same god that cannot even heal an amputee.Science and Technology is far more superior to your useless god, everyday you use things created by science and technology to make your life easier and you come here to talk trash

[s]
Esetobore:
The so-called Atheist who claimed they don't believe in God is the first to shout” oh my God! When something terrifying happens to them. They are just a bunch of hypocrites and ignorant human beings on planet Earth. We all believe in science and technology but science has not been able to create a living soul. The formation of another being when sperm and a women's egg meet, the ability for humans to fall asleep and wake up, the air we breathe, for without air there will be no living soul. All this is not by scientific method or power. If anyone says there is no God, or they don't believe that God exists, is just plain stupid.
[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by kingxsamz(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2020
Esetobore:

This comment reeks of ignorance.
First of all.
There are thousands of gods.
So when an atheist says "oh my god", he could be referring to any out of the thousands. Secondly, isn't calling your god's name in vain a sin? So if an Atheist says "oh my god", or "oh my fvcking god", shouldn't that prove a point that they're free to say whatever they like with your god or any god's name without fear? So you're the one who shouldn't say "oh my god" because you'd be committing a sin by calling your god's name in vain.
Thirdly, science hasn't been able to create life, yes.
But science has done more than what any imaginary god could have done.
Lastly, your god doesn't exist.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:24am On Dec 20, 2020
ATHEISTS DON'T BELIEVE THAT THERE'S NO GOD. THEY SIMPLY "REJECT" ALL BELIEFS AND CLAIMS FOR GOD(S).
THANK YOU.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by kingxsamz(m): 8:24am On Dec 20, 2020
PopSmoke:
I still don't know why Nigerian Christian's are afraid of naming heir kids Jesus

That's because they are afraid that their sky daddy, Aka 'king of the clouds', would punish them and throw them inside fire.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Danhumprey: 8:42am On Dec 20, 2020
Esetobore:

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 20, 2020
It's because they are stupid. They don't like what the Bible says about their end.
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by LordReed(m): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2020
litigator:

All I can ask is why?

Shalom.

First thing you need to understand is what the definition of atheism is. In simple terms, atheism is the rejection of belief in any gods. Once you understand this, the next thing to know is there are different subsets of atheists. Some atheists do indeed say there are no gods while some atheists say they don't know if any exists. Still other atheists say the concept of a god is a meaningless term and so cannot even be resolved. This leads to a situation where you simply cannot lump all atheists into one subset if you are not addressing the main premise. You make that mistake by saying atheists say there is no god. This is an over generalisation that cannot go unchallenged.

I for one do not know if any gods exists because to me we have not explored enough of our universe to be able to conclude that no gods exist. However I do not believe in any gods anyway since none have been evidenced sufficiently to ascribe any of the many attributes that are usually granted to these gods.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2020
Because they find that they are Very Much Afraid of God and they do not like that feeling. So they think that by wishing Him Away and saying He is not there, they would be released from Dread and Fear they Feel of Him! grin
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2020
iyambz:
It's because they are stupid. They don't like what the Bible says about their end.

grin yes Another Reason why they Fear Him and want Him to be put Away!

Thinking that if we all Agree that He should put be Away, He will go Away as if He is a man like us where they can be shouting "leave this place, commot for here". How ridiculous. grin
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by kingxsamz(m): 10:46am On Dec 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Because they find that they are Very Much Afraid of God and they do not like that feeling. So they think that by wishing Him Away and saying He is not there, they would be released from Dread and Fear they Feel of Him! grin
Imagine worshipping a middle aged white man because you're scared he's going to throw you into fire. grin grin grin
More like kids being scared of the boogey monster. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin yes Another Reason why they Fear Him and want Him to be put Away!

Thinking that if we all Agree that He should put be Away, He will go Away as if He is a man like us where they can be shouting "leave this place, commot for here". How ridiculous. grin

Exactly. And what i love the most about the Bible is that disagreeing with what God said will not make God to change His mind from judging the world out from His Book (Romans 3:3-4 kjv). For instance, if a man decides the jump down from the top of a high rise building, will that make gravity not to apply? Haha. The man must hit the ground.
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Imagine worshipping a middle aged white man because you're scared he's going to throw you into fire. grin grin grin
More like kids being scared of the boogey monster. grin grin grin

grin Bros, I will behave myself and conduct myself properly before The Person who Owns this House called World.

Bros eh, I like this House and I love Living in it and I Do Not Want To be Thrown Out, So the Owner Must Be My Friend oh, whether white, black etc, it is not my concern! grin
Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:17am On Dec 20, 2020
iyambz:

Exactly. [b]And what i love the most about the Bible is that disagreeing with what God said will not make God to change His mind [/b]from judging the world out from His Book (Romans 3:3-4 kjv). For instance, if a man decides the jump down from the top of a high rise building, will that make gravity not to apply? Haha. The man must hit the ground.

Oh Sweet Words, grin it's doing me jigijigi grin

If cutlass like, make E vex till e be like say e wan melt, when I intend to carry am, I MUST carry am. grin

That is what it means to be the Creator! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Buliwyf: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2020
iyambz:

The problem with being unintelligent is that you can't even do a proper self-assessment before voicing your position. This argument you just made can be applied to anyone.

Christians don't believe in the Islamic god because they are stupid and dont like what the Quran says about their end. That's valid too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 20, 2020
Buliwyf:

The problem with being unintelligent is that you can't even do a proper self-assessment before voicing your position. This argument you just made can be applied to anyone.

Christians don't believe in the Islamic god because they are stupid and dont like what the Quran says about their end. That's valid too.

Christians are not stupid because they know that Mohammed is a sexual pervert. Jesus is the way, and not a way. Jesus is the Man, and not a man. Jesus is the Door, and not a door.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Buliwyf: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2020
iyambz:

Christians are not stupid because they know that Mohammed is a sexual pervert. Jesus is the way, and not a way. Jesus is the Man, and not a man. Jesus is the Door, and not a door.

Like I said, the problem with being unintelligent.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Buliwyf: 11:50am On Dec 20, 2020
iyambz:

Mohammed is a pervert but your own god that has sex with people's wives to give birth to himself is the ultimate. Okay.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56am On Dec 20, 2020
Buliwyf:

Mohammed is a pervert but your own god that has sex with people's wives to give birth to himself is the ultimate. Okay.

It is undisputed that Mohammed Clearly had sex and did his perversion, but in the case in the Bible there was clearly "No Sex" but what you may call IVF. grin

But your counter to iyambz was valid and iyambz could have responded to it in another better way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Buliwyf:

Well I love my foolishness. (1 Corinthians 3:18 kjv) "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise". I’m a fool for Christ, not that sexual pervert that stole most of his writings from the Old Testament Bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

It is undisputed that Mohammed Clearly had sex and did his perversion, but in the case in the Bible there was clearly "No Sex" but what you may call IVF. grin

But your counter to iyambz was valid and iyambz could have responded to it in another better way.

His counter was never valid. I don’t like a lukewarm, God hates it. It’s better to be the man who has done extensive research with the right heart and make up his damn mind on where he stands, than the man who is not sure. If he is truly a practicing Muslim, he should know that Christians are stupid according to Mohammed and the stupidity shouldn’t not apply to them. Just like me, I’m a Christian, and all unbelievers are stupid for rejecting Jesus. So he can’t just claim my statement can apply to anybody. I want him to see me the same way. I don’t want to be politically correct, I want to be correct. I’m a fool for Christ, and I love it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by ProfAmaben(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
The real hypocrites are Christians and Moslems. You people go about insulting people that don't care about your existence. You believe in God, fine, not everyone should and would. What has your useless God done for Nigerians?

Why are people still poor and dying of hunger and poverty if God exists? Why is China ( a atheist society) way advanced than you religious bigots? The worst hypocrites are Christians, they would put a loudspeaker on your window in the name of night vigil, they don't even care about the occupants of the environment they are disturbing with their senile noise. If that's how to show love to the society, then it's plain stupidity.

Let me stop here, your mates in China just launched the SUN, keep disturbing yourself about atheists.

Proudly Atheist.
Previously Agnostic.

Everyone should strive to Enjoy their lives, that's what matters.

Peace on earth.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? by kingxsamz(m): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
iyambz:

You should do more thinking/observing than typing.
Your type don't contribute anything intelligent when it comes to topics like this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Members Wash Their Pastor’s Billboard In Delta State (Pix, Video) / In The Absence Of The Word / How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.