Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

Sharia Coming To S.W. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Coming To S.W. (3359 Views)

No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? / Amaechi Tipped As DG Buhari Presidential Campaign Office As Party Zone VP To S/W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by wired123: 4:58am On Mar 27, 2011
Alj Uche:

how does it affect  u

is it imposed or implemented in the SE ?

They are simply looking out for their brothers in the west.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by AljUche: 5:01am On Mar 27, 2011
wired123:

They are simply looking out for their brothers in the west.

yeah right

like they love their western brothers that much

the fact remains igbos and yorubas are like oil and water.

where yoruba see "right" igbos see wrong

where igbos see"right" yorubas see "wrong"
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by Chyz2: 5:02am On Mar 27, 2011
Alj Uche:

how does it affect  u

is it imposed or implemented in the SE ?

Does [size=13pt]NIGERIAN[/size] CONSTITUTION not ring a bell in ur little brain you dunce?
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by AljUche: 5:11am On Mar 27, 2011
Chyz*:

Does [size=13pt]NIGERIAN[/size] CONSTITUTION not ring a bell in your little brain you dunce?
shocked shocked shocked

see dunce

does the nigerian constitution not have sharia
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by Chyz2: 5:11am On Mar 27, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^^

It is you who is stupiddd

The Constitution recognizes Sharia law wella

I'm talking about the proposed implementation to the constitution,so what exactly are you talking about?
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by Chyz2: 5:12am On Mar 27, 2011
Alj Uche:

shocked shocked shocked

see dunce

does the nigerian constitution not have sharia

I'm talking about implementations proposed. Use your head, nimwit. undecided
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by AljUche: 5:15am On Mar 27, 2011
Chyz*:

I'm talking about implementations proposed. Use your head, nimwit. undecided

and does the Constitution recognized traditional laws or not

are traditional laws implemented or not

take sharia as tradition

chikena cool
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by edoyad(m): 5:28am On Mar 27, 2011
A reasonable section of the populace are clamourini for sharia implementation and that simply cannot be ignored by the govt. This is not different from how a reasonable section are clamouring for resource control, these things have to addressed now.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by wired123: 5:32am On Mar 27, 2011
Are you guys serious shocked shocked shocked Do the SW actually want Sharia?? Wow!!! It is safe to say, most of the SW has been Islamitised. Not that its bad but I am just surprised at the way Swesterners are reasoning. Na wa ooo!
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by mensdept: 5:40am On Mar 27, 2011
While Original Islamic areas like Dubai and Turkey are developing, building great infrastructure for their children's children, Blacks in Nigeria are trippin about Sharia this and that. That's why Ghaadafi, North Africans, and the Saudis think una be monkey.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by mensdept: 5:45am On Mar 27, 2011
edoyad:

A reasonable section of the populace are clamourini for sharia implementation and that simply cannot be ignored by the govt. This is not different from how a reasonable section are clamouring for resource control, these things have to addressed now.

So a "reasonable section" is clamouring. I'm sure they are bandwagon market square folks, of course those who are illiterate, beggers, and troublemakers

And what does Sharia implementation do? How does that enable us to produce quality films, highways, better hospitals with high tech machinery? How does this change our country from a backwards country (seeking to implement a backwards idea from the BC era) into a place better than the Arab region of Dubai?

The Saudis have a developed country, the Turks, the Moroccans, and it wasnt "sharia" law that did it. It was common sense. If you need to build a road from point a to b, build it. Dont embezzle funds meant for it, and then try to copy the clothings and religion of foreigners, while on foreign airlines heading to developed foreign countries.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by shanda(m): 6:43am On Mar 27, 2011
Sharia ko, Maria ni, bunch of jokers.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by igboboy1(m): 6:59am On Mar 27, 2011
No wonder the SW was referred to a bunch of RASCALS, I doubt shaira can cure the rampant presence of RASCALS in the SW, ALLAH SANI BANI KARU
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by ektbear: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2011
Sai Sharia

And after we implement it in the SW, we shall forcibly implement it in the SE

[size=2pt](sarcasm)[/size]
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by kodewrita(m): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sai Sharia

I laugh at your wet dream.

Osun state is not Zamfara and Ekiti state&Ondo States (probably the most christian of all yoruba states) are definitely not Kano.

No sensible southwesterner will allow imposition of some stupid sharia law. The fact that most SW governors are muslim does not mean they will suceed if they try anything of that sort. thats simply asking for trouble.

Get this: NO SOUTHWESTERN YORUBA CHRISTIAN WILL AGREE TO LIVE UNDER SHARIA LAW.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by olabukola: 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2011
As a muslim i find all these talk about secularism very funny, here in UK we have sharia law. Having Sharia in SW does not mean it will effect everybody, its meant for muslims just like in UK. So my brothers no need to resist anything, since we have muslims in the west its only right we have a law that is widely accepted by them.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by EzeUche2(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2011
olabukola:

As a muslim i find all these talk about secularism very funny, here in UK we have sharia law. Having Sharia in SW does not mean it will effect everybody, its meant for muslims just like in UK. So my brothers no need to resist anything, since we have muslims in the west its only right we have a law that is widely accepted by them.

A British man would maim you for yarning that nonsense. The British are the most xenophobic when it comes to Sharia. They would never accept Sharia in Europe, nor will we in the East ever except Sharia for our country. We shall resist it, and die trying. But I am pretty sure the world would be with us, as they were with Southern Sudan as they resisted the implementation of Sharia by a Muslim North.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2011
olabukola:

That it is adopted in the UK is no reason why we need it in Nigeria. Please stay in context please. You do not have the same levels of brutality that has been imposed on the masses here in Nigeria, in the UK. I do know that no persons has been amputated or maimed in the name of Sharia in UK, so please we are not UK and so we do not need sharia, along with the other forms of mutilating cultures we are trying to get rid of, not add to.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by ektbear: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2011
kodewrita:

I laugh at your wet dream.

Osun state is not Zamfara and Ekiti state&Ondo States (probably the most christian of all yoruba states) are definitely not Kano.

No sensible southwesterner will allow imposition of some silly sharia law. The fact that most SW governors are muslim does not mean they will suceed if they try anything of that sort. thats simply asking for trouble.

Get this: NO SOUTHWESTERN YORUBA CHRISTIAN WILL AGREE TO LIVE UNDER SHARIA LAW.

I'm a Yoruba Christian from the SW myself  grin

You should have highlighted the disclaimer at the bottom of my post.

Anyway, in multi-religious societies like Yorubaland, doesn't make much sense to have Sharia. And I don't think there is much likelihood of it being implemented. . . since something like that would only fracture the society along religious lines. Not really worth being concerned about.

Even Kwara state doesn't have Sharia. What then are the odds of it being implemented anywhere in the SW?

Without trying to offend Yoruba people, we aren't fanatically religious one way or another. Yoruba Muslims remind me most of liberal Turkish Muslims. . . pretty much at the opposite end of the spectrum from Wahabbi fanatics.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by nduchucks: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2011
I don't really have much time to educated ignorant bigots who are posting rubbish here. It suffices to say that sharia courts have existed in Northern Nigeria before late 60s and early 70s when xtians and moslems lived together peacefully.

Sharia courts are currently present in several states in the SW - there are at least 8 in Oyo state. Do your research before coming here to expose your ignorance. The city of Lagos currently has a Sharia court that pertains to civil and legal matters concerning Muslims in the city, though the state does not recognise its rulings as binding, much like the Sharia court in the United Kingdom.

Interested parties can learn one or two things from this paper titled: The Institution Of Sharia in Oyo and Osun states, Nigeria 1890 - 2005  ===> http://www.sharia-in-africa.net/media/publications/the-institution-of-sharia-in-oyo-and-osun-states-nigeria/makinde-thesis.pdf

1 Like

Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by PapaBrowne(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2011
Sai Buhari!! Sai Sharia!!
I would really like Sharia to be implemented in the South West! We need it for equity, justice and fairplay. It will help reduce crime rate. Imagine all the girls in Lagos all covered up with Hijabs!! Rape and STDs would reduce dramatically!!

That's another reason we should all vote Buhari! He would hasteen the implementation of Shari!!

Sai Buhari, Sai Sharia!!!
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by nduchucks: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Sai Buhari!! Sai Sharia!!
I would really like Sharia to be implemented in the South West! We need it for equity, justice and fairplay. It will help reduce crime rate. Imagine all the girls in Lagos all covered up with Hijabs!! violation and STDs would reduce dramatically!!

That's another reason we should all vote Buhari! He would hasteen the implementation of Shari!!

Sai Buhari, Sai Sharia!!!

You already have sharia courts in the SW. Don't fall into the trap of politicans who are trying to use religion as a way of keeping you subservient. You seem to be are afraid of what you don't understand. I challenge you to read the article whose link I posted above.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by seal777(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2011
The Poster of this thread is mischevious cos sharia has always been there in the SW. They ask for election rigges to be lynched, u shouted cos u know u will rig :they mention sharia u shouted,do u av evil in ur heart?. We didnt fall for ur gimick , BB ALL THE WAY.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2011
I am in a place calld Azare n bauchi state. When sharia startd, all the hotels n town were closd dwn( ibos lost bigerly, the hotel brothels were oftn frequentd by d hausas thmselves!) sharia courts&police were establshd, the almajiris wil openly molest female corpers and any lady who wore curve shwng cloths and do nt cover hair! The place was more o less a vilage then.
Today Azare is a fast growing town, there ar many banks around, the C.O.E there s fast growng. The ladies n town now where all types of dresses, brought-in by the students, corpers and the workers! Almajiris no longer molest ladies, the've learn to live wt the devlpment. The hotels are coming back, even the local goverment has just bult its own hotel! T seems d sharia has died n Azare, but ts stil there!
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by ektbear: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2011
Main thing is that the constitution and ordinary courts have to be superior to any Sharia courts.

I don't mind if it is a Muslim-Muslim only dispute, and they both agree to take it to the sharia court.

Would be similar to two Christians taking a dispute to their pastor, or some religious elder.

But the supreme law of the (Yoruba)land must be the constitution. Not any holy books or religious creeds. Mixing religion and state is pretty much a bad idea, as we've learned throughout human history repeatedly.
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by sbeezy8: 10:40pm On Mar 27, 2011
SW having Sharia is NOTHING NEW-

SHARIA WAS ALWAYS IN THE SOUTHWEST EVEN BEFORE CHRISTIANITY

im not against it but if we practice sharia- PRACTICE IT THE RIGHT WAY.

and there are MANY SHARIA COURTS IN THE SW always has been so whats different?

Alarmist- I DEY LAUGH

Adelaide- is a clown every thread open about yoruba dis n dat gt a life homie wink

1 Like

Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by igboboy1(m): 7:26am On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sai Sharia

I laugh in Oshimili, Even though I am not from the SE regardless as an Igbo i will not let such backwardness enter igboland whether in the SS or SE, tufiakwa chineke ekwe kwala ihe Ojor
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by namfav(m): 7:46am On Mar 28, 2011
why should igbos be concerned about sharia somewhere other than igboland? is it your problem, let the sw's speak for themselves
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by Onlytruth(m): 7:56am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: namfav

why should igbos be concerned about sharia somewhere other than igboland? is it your problem, let the sw's speak for themselves

Maybe you didn't read this:

Quote from: ekt_bear on Yesterday at 08:32:46 AM

Sai Sharia

Read first!  undecided
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by Onlytruth(m): 7:59am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: ekt_bear

Sai Sharia

(sarcasm)

You should know things to joke with.

Anyway, we will be waiting for you with the latest weapons. cool
Re: Sharia Coming To S.W. by namfav(m): 8:06am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: namfav
Maybe you didn't read this:

Quote from: ekt_bear on Yesterday at 08:32:46 AM
Read first!  undecided

where does that come from? you igbos need to stop making things up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Universities Busted In Lagos. / Democracy: What Is Your Most Important Dividend(s) Of Democracy? / The Gallant Soldiers Killed By Ibb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.