Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring (1840 Views)

Fintiri: Nigerians Thought PDP Wasn’t Performing But They Now Regret Voting APC / Idahosa: June 12 Protesters Are Sponsored, Arab Spring Won’t Happen In Nigeria / I Now Regret Voting APC And BUHARI, What Of You?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hmmm. Can you ever satisfy humans?

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by omazus: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
What a foolish post. Is he implying that dictatorship is better than democracy?

1 Like

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by seunmsg(m): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
I’m sure the people of Libya have the same opinion. The Gadaffi regime was way better than the disaster they are currently in. Even In Egypt, nothing has changed. The current dictator is even worse than Hosni Mubarak who was removed during the Arab spring.

3 Likes

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
What foreign ministers is he talking about?
Have the Tunisians blamed any foreigner for the choices they made?
The fact that the Tunisians have not been able to organise themselves into a decent society does not mean every revolution is destined for failure.
The French Revolution birthed the present Republic and France are their colonial masters. Why couldn't they learn from that.
Nigeria has not had a revolution but we now have a government that actively hobnobs with criminals in bandits uniform. Where's the difference?
Ethiopia the oldest African free state is currently embroiled in warfare with insurgents in its Northern province. What about Sierra Leone, Liberia, Uganda, Rwanda? Was their chequered past a product of revolution?
Perhaps the message should be to our leaders to not take the people's silence for granted else what the currently enjoy be taken from them without notice.

4 Likes

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by dalongjnr: 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Any country that lost its sovereignty by allowing external forces intervention never remained the same. Somalia,Egypt, Libya,Iraq,Syria.... Etc.
They foreign interest dictates the tone for what's to happen.
The president of Ethiopia know of that and resisted foreign aid,help and interventions in his country, during the recent crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by doggedfighter(f): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
S
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by aremuforlife(m): 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2020
Every revolution most surely have either positive or negative results, most of the arab spring revolution was too brutal and Arab people don't forgives their offenders.
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
I was still in my third year in secondary school , a little boy, when the Arab spring started.

ALJAZEERA aired many untold stories and covered the contagious protests better than their CNN , BBC and AFP counterparts.

It was a trying time for Northern Africa when citizens marched in tens of hundreds and hundreds of thousands to take their fate and those of their generations unborn into their own hands.

The lively desert gained the world's attention , not because arm struggle or rebellion was alien to these undeterred agitators, but because from Cairo to Tunis to Tripoli and maybe Damascus the sounds from the streets and towers were freedom songs and proposals for the extinction of dictatorship in the volatile region...

The acclaimed dictators were ousted one after the other and my young mind achieved a sense of fulfillment especially as an unrelated climax was thrown in with the death of Al-Queda leader, Osama Bin ladin, in early 2011.

I listened to President Obama address parliaments across the world and the address of Westminster Hall, the mother of all parliaments, lingers in my mind till this moment. The themes were always the magna carter , freedom, self determination , liberty and democracy.

Whenever I drown in reminiscence of the beginning of the second decade of this century, I cannot but convince myself that stories and speeches are not innocent.

Libya is not peaceful today despite the promise and speeches. Unrestricted proliferation of armaments from that region has created more weapon channels for Islamists in the North East to acquire weapons. Though the North African regimes ended with violence and worse sectional leaders emerged , the war in Syria went on and on till today resulting in a refugee crises for Europe and a comfortable playing ground for ISIS.

At the end, just like birth and death, war is not evitable. For there to be peace , there must be war. This civilization is gradually fading...

3 Likes

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by AdaugoChisom(f): 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
2020 is a year of regret
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Okoroawusa: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
In 2011, the Arab World was sold a dummy by their enemies and they bought it. At the end there was no regime change in Morocco,UAE,Saudi Arabia and Qatar all allies of America and the West.

They bought the idea of Utopianism which was described by Karl Popper as "the belief that a perfect society is possible and can be gotten at once through means like revolution, protests,coup and elections". He calls it "whole sale social engineering".

It's been 9 years and they wish they can take back the hands of time. Alas! , that's is also an utopia.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by princemillla(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
I gave up wen I saw his name
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by TooMuchStuff: 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Abdul literally means SLAVE in old Arabic.

Slave loves Chains and Bondage.

Thunder from Edo Faya you... Abdul

1 Like

Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
i
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by lionshare: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Perspectives! Does this mean that Biafra or oduduwa nations would’ve regretted leaving Nigeria?
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Koralords: 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
omazus:
What a foolish post. Is he implying that dictatorship is better than democracy?
Bro some country can only be ruled with Iron fist case study Libya am sure they also regret the Arab spring
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by edoairways: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Most Nigerians protested against bad government not overthrow government
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
edoairways:
Most Nigerians protested against bad government not overthrow government

They wanted to overthrow the government
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
Every revolution leads to disaster.
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by edoairways: 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

They wanted to overthrow the government
That is not true
Re: Tunisians Now Regret Arab Spring by helinues: 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Arab sping was inspired by foreign entity not the majority of Tunisians wish

(1) (Reply)

LIVE: Yoruba Nation MEGA Rally In Ekiti / BREAKING! UK Government Granted Sunday Igboho Asylum. Enroute Germany / The moment When Taraba Emir Said They Will "Do Unknown Gunmen" On Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.