Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today (10511 Views)

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) / Student Vote On ASUU Strike / ASUU Conducts Referendum On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2020
Vexedkid:
We pray for the best possible outcome.

Ameen. Ours about to start.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2020
Update.....

Every branch to take referendum on the ongoing strike today. Results of referendum to guide decision of ASUU NEC meeting coming up tomorrow.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Youngboss54(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2020
bahaushe1:
Update.....

Every branch to take referendum on the ongoing strike today. Results of referendum to guide decision of ASUU NEC meeting coming up tomorrow.
Thanks for the update boss. Hope for a positive outcome

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2020
Update....

EAA to be paid into universities accounts today.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2020
Update......

Revitalization fund to be paid on or before 31st December.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2020
Youngboss54:

Thanks for the update boss. Hope for a positive outcome

Welcome.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Rugh8: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2020
So are they going to call of it
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by KennyWest3(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2020
bahaushe1:
Update......

Revitalization fund to be paid on or before 31st December.
Are these new updates the outcome of the 5 hours meeting on Friday or your congress referrendum?
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2020
KennyWest3:

Are these new updates the outcome of the 5 hours meeting on Friday or your congress referrendum?

Yes.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2020
Update........

Composition of visitation panels to be published on national dailies today.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by kabiruDK(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2020
God bless you bahaushe.
pls keep the updates coming.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by kabiruDK(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2020
bahaushe1:
Update....
EAA to be paid into universities accounts today.
pls notify us later~on about the payments sir.
God bless you.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:29am On Dec 21, 2020
Update....

Withheld salaries

Two months to be paid between today and tomorrow. December salary to be paid with other workers. Remaining threee months arrears to be paid with January 2021 salary.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2020
ASUU to meet with FGN tomorrow at 4pm. ASUU emergency NEC to meet afterward from Tuesday evening to Wednesday morning.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2020
Update....

Referendum options...

In the event that FGN fullfil the promises above by Tuesday 22nd December, the union should?

1) suspend strike immediately without conditions

2) suspend strike immediately with conditions

3) continue strike.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Lewaxlexis: 11:51am On Dec 21, 2020
God punish ASUU Chairman and him people

Thunder fire Ngige and him squad

#endasuustrikenow
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 11:52am On Dec 21, 2020
KennyWest3:

Yes.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Djex614: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Where's your source
source: bros you know say I no fit lie for you lol
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 21, 2020
bahaushe1:
Update....

Referendum options...

In the event that FGN fullfil the promises above by Tuesday 22nd December, the union should?

1) suspend strike immediately without conditions

2) suspend strike immediately with conditions

3) continue strike.
God bless you sir for the update. many students are very depressed right now...and their mental health is at stake

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Princewillalex(m): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2020
Thanks for this update, I've totally lost interest in education just that I've gone a bit far into my program. I pray everything turns positive this week so that students can resume from first or second week of January
bahaushe1:
ASUU to meet with FGN tomorrow at 4pm. ASUU emergency NEC to meet afterward from Tuesday evening to Wednesday morning.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
bahaushe1:

My branch meeting about to start. At the venue now. ASUU don't advertise congress meetings. It is upto the media outlets to find out.
Lol, so you come post am for you blog concluding that ASUU won do referendum today.
I'm also a student like you, and I'm in school. Nothing of such is happening here, atleast if no news outlet picked the news, alot of people who knows about it would have posted on Twitter, not a single post has been made by anyone.
The last news I heard was they wanted to have a mettint with FG, and it was cancelled, now they a planning another meeting. I don't know the kind of meeting they're having in your school, but it's has nothing to do with the ongoing ASUU strike

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Lol, so you come post am for you blog concluding that ASUU won do referendum today.
I'm also a student like you, and I'm in school. Nothing of such is happening here, atleast if no news outlet picked the news, alot of people who knows about it would have posted on Twitter, not a single post has been made by anyone.
The last news I heard was they wanted to have a mettint with FG, and it was cancelled, now they a planning another meeting. I don't know the kind of meeting they're having in your school, but it's has nothing to do with the ongoing ASUU strike
he's a lecturer dude. be careful the way you respond to people online. nevertheless appreciate his efforts. you don't know what students and lecturers are passing through right now despite how hard the economy is now. some students seeing this thread is a sign of relief for them. many are dead, depressed, lost hope, mental health is at stake already. be very careful Next time. go through the thread again I've not seen anyone that responded the way you just responded.

bahaushe1 thanks for the update. God bless you sir.

20 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Houston17(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Some persons here are actually lecturers and i believe that's why they are privy to this info. I am on a group on telegram where it was posted that they have emergency meeting today as well

13 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
brain02:
he's a lecturer dude. be careful the way you respond to people online. nevertheless appreciate his efforts. you don't know what students and lecturers are passing through right now despite how hard the economy is now. some students seeing this thread is a sign of relief for them. many are dead, depressed, lost hope, mental health is at stake already. be very careful Next time. go through the thread again I've not seen anyone that responded the way you just responded.

You are welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

11 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

You are entitled to your opinion.

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Princewillalex:
Thanks for this update, I've totally lost interest in education just that I've gone a bit far into my program. I pray everything turns positive this week so that students can resume from first or second week of January

Ameen. I hope so also. We are doing our best. Heated debate.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
brain02:
God bless you sir for the update. many students are very depressed right now...and their mental health is at stake

You are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Rilwayne001: 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
Obviously if any attempt to call off this strike this particular week that we're in doesn't prove fruitful, there's high tendecy we won't be resuming January or at least, early January.

This government really failed us like never before, and it's quite unfair and unfortunate.

ASUU on the other hand are just as worse too.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
bahaushe1:

You are entitled to your opinion.
Yeah thanks

Houston17:

Some persons here are actually lecturers and i believe that's why they are privy to this info. I am on a group on telegram where it was posted that they have emergency meeting today as well
brain02:

I never said anything wrong here, I understand your point, but who knows, fake news everywhere, I heard there's meeting but not a referendum. The best thing is to get news from a credible source, no matter where the news is coming from. It happened few months ago when a popular Twitter account posted that ASUU called of strike, and it started trending for almost 24 hours, with alot of tension here and there, the first thing I did is check credible news, I didn't see any of such, it even started trending on nairaland, and i posted here that it's fake, some tackled me and said I'm the one lying.
Im a kind of person that hate when people are being mislead, it's what I'm trying to prevent here.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Yeah thanks

I never said anything wrong here, I understand your point, but who knows, fake news everywhere, I heard there's meeting but not a referendum. The best thing is to get news from a credible source, no matter where the news is coming from. It happened few months ago when a popular Twitter account posted that ASUU called of strike, and it started trending for almost 24 hours, with alot of tension here and there, the first thing I did is check credible news, I didn't see any of such, it even started trending on nairaland, and i posted here that it's fake, some tackled me and said I'm the one lying.
Im a kind of person that hate when people are being mislead, it's what I'm trying to prevent here.
Thanks
ok. I understand you. we're all good.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by edogu(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Lol, your source
No source, I checked every credible news outlet, non has the news
Fake news, stop it
It's not fake. There's an emergency ASUU congress currently going on. We pray and hope the outcome of the meeting will be positive.
Re: ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today by bahaushe1: 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
Update.....

Voting closed, votes counted and result announced.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... / WAEC Bans Two Schools In Imo State For Exam Malpractices / Application For Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Accreditation (For Lawyers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.