Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

My Friend Robbed By Police Men - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Robbed By Police Men (1392 Views)

Undergraduates Raped, Robbed Job Seeker And Took Her Unclad Photos / Armed Robbers Killed By Police In Rivers After Heavy Shootout (Graphic Pics) / 2 Police Men Beaten To Pulp By A Labourer In Lagos.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Robbed By Police Men by dustydee: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2011
My friend was robbed last nite by police men in Abuja around Area 10 near the police quarters. He dropped off his friend and the men swooped on him searching his car and then told him the car was reported stolen. He told them "you and I know that this is not a stolen car". One of them then said "you know say PDP dey do rally today" so he should cooperate. they took him to one police station behind abattoir and emptied his wallet before letting him go.what is happening in Nigeria and through what channel can one get redress?
Re: My Friend Robbed By Police Men by DisGuy: 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2011
through the police grin
Re: My Friend Robbed By Police Men by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2011
My advice is to relate with the police as cautiously as you would with a band of armed robbers or area boys anytime you come in contact with them. The majority of them are barely literate, barefaced liars, totally unscrupulous and without a shred of conscience or human kindness.
Re: My Friend Robbed By Police Men by anointedf(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
I gave one a lift in my car last year and he started talking rubbish. Silently, i started prayer that God should just deliver me from this foolishness today o. Police, settle them on time if u have issues with them and flee as quick as possible.
Re: My Friend Robbed By Police Men by omamokta: 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2011
The problem with Nigerian police is that there are a lot of bad eggs in the force, they recruit people with questionable characters. An example is one notorious boy during my secondary school days, every locker that were broken then were traced to him and his gang, the teachers' chicken were eaten by him and his gang, infact it was not hidden. He was expelled and he left to another shool where he finished. Then he graduated to break and enter. Lo and behold! when i saw him last two years, he was already a mopol corporal. You can imagine, are we not in trouble?

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Robbed By Police Men by tEsLim(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2011
Background check is not possible in Nigeria. As long as people dont have identity crime will continue
Re: My Friend Robbed By Police Men by manmustwac(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
omamokta:
The problem with Nigerian police is that there are a lot of bad eggs in the force, they recruit people with questionable characters. An example is one notorious boy during my secondary school days, every locker that were broken then were traced to him and his gang, the teachers' chicken were eaten by him and his gang, infact it was not hidden. He was expelled and he left to another shool where he finished. Then he graduated to break and enter. Lo and behold! when i saw him last two years, he was already a mopol corporal. You can imagine, are we not in trouble?
And thieves are having tires put around their necks and being burned alive while the real thieves who are our politicians and policemen are getting away with it scott free cry sad

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Raped To Death By Six Wives / Jealous Nurse Pours Acid On Lover / Woman Is Charged With Molesting Her 2-year-old Son!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.