Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 (17340 Views)

Airport Traffic: Abuja Overtakes Lagos since 2019 (pic) / NIPC: Kaduna Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow / Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Rebuke: 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
plaindealer:

What's road got to do with the topic and FDI?

Is Kogi the only state with bad roads in Nigeria?

Bad bele miss road.

No, Kogi State isn't but please, tell me one thing in that Kogi that yhu can be very proud of as an achievement by the present government of the state.

Bad belle ke, what exactly is there to be "bad belled"? The stinking poverty in that state, I guess.

A state celebrating high return and shares of investment should have a practical and physical reflection on the state both infrasctructrally and others. Abeg park well jaw.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Hameex(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Na audio investment no mind them
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

How true is this?
Kogi can't In anywhere near Eko
In attracting investors
Not even for a day
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Rebuke: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
zabuur:

Your last time maybe 2 years ago. For proper info, be more explicit

Sir, I passed through that road around August this year (2020)....
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by sokia: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kapilta:
Same Kogi abi another one? Who dey carry money go invest am for Kogi kwa?
help me ask them ooo.the state when everything standstill
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by BastardWike: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
MyGeneration:

What kogi needs is a good leader, if imo state had what kogi had I swear e no go easy

Stop fantasizing about rubbish. What is there in Kogi to be envied? Yes, the state is rich in solid minerals like limestone and iron ore but can you compare that to oil and gas that Imo State is endowed with?

I know the state very well and it's actually one of the most primitive states I have been to. I traversed there during my service year and went to places like Anyigba, Lokoja, Okene, Ankpa, Kabba and the rest. Living there feels like living in South Sudan grin grin
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
inumidun2010:

Your analysis is even contradicting... So where would you rather invest... Population determines market.... when we are talking about investment.. We are not talking about #10m. I mean huge investment... Imagine selling Pure water to 1m people daily and selling to 1million monthly.. Which one would you prefer?... Your response should be " LAGOS will too be saturated for the kind of needs to sustain it"e.g Healthcare, Road Network, Good Ventilation.. but for investment..thats the hub
Your funny, are all investment all about selling.
With the current traffic and overpopulated, high cost of living and the likesz Lagos isn't suitable for alot of things
I just laugh when some people said Yaba, Lagos is the next silicon valley of africa, how is that possible, does Yaba even has what it takes to be a silicon valley, the small land mass of Lagos is a disadvantage, a big one if you don't know
Let's assume the next Google, Facebook, apple emerged in Nigeria, can Lagos hold hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of new employee how can the so called Yaba valley hold just 10,000 employees.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
lionshare:
This report is wrong on many levels. It assumes investment announcements to be the same as actual investments. Kogi state is topping the chart because of a Proposed $2.6bn Ajaokuta-Kano Pipeline.

Question.

The so called pipeline you are talking about cuts across many states so how come the other states did not record $1 billion investment.?

Just do a little bit of research, the info is not hard to find, the $1 billion Jogi investment came from European Iron Ore investors, Torridon Investments.

Kogi Iron Receives Funding for Agbaja Project

ASX-listed Kogi Iron has obtained $1-billion in funding from European funds administration firm Torridon Investments Analysis to develop its Agbaja forged metal venture, in Nigeria.

https://nipc.gov.ng/2020/07/08/kogi-iron-receives-funding-for-agbaja-project/

This is where the $1 billion came from, not from pipeline.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by galaxy2020(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
MinCeteris:

Hate speech.
....OK sorry. grin grin
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by sokia: 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
lagdmark:
Kolanuts sellers Kunu sellers Zobo sellers Kuli-kuli sellers
grin
lagdmark:
Kolanuts sellers Kunu sellers Zobo sellers Kuli-kuli sellers
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
BastardWike:

Stop fantasizing about rubbish. What is there in Kogi to be envied? Yes, the state is rich in solid minerals like limestone and iron ore but can you compare that to oil and gas that Imo State is endowed with?

I know the state very well and it's actually one of the most primitive states I have been to. I traversed there during my service year and went to places like Anyigba, Lokoja, Okene, Ankpa, Kabba and the rest. Living there feels like living in South Sudan grin grin

Minerals and even oil means nothing without investors investing money to develop and extract your minerals.

Of what relevance is your oil without investors pouring money down to exploit it?

Is Imo on the list as as FDI recipient states?

You did not make any sense.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by OmoManU: 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kapilta:
Same Kogi abi another one? Who dey carry money go invest am for Kogi kwa?

those that knows their onions and don't live life on only sentiments and emotions
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Onepeople: 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Developers are no where to be found as usual.
have you eaten today?
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
Rebuke:

No, Kogi State isn't but please, tell me one thing in that Kogi that yhu can be very proud of as an achievement by the present government of the state.

Bad belle ke, what exactly is there to be "bad belled"? The stinking poverty in that state, I guess.

A state celebrating high return and shares of investment should have a practical and physical reflection on the state both infrasctructrally and others. Abeg park well jaw.

$1 Billion investment, IGR and all the jobs and better quality of life that comes with it.

It's your turn to tell us the achievements of your own state and governor..

Btw, high return and shares of investment is not FDI. You've already miseducated yourself hence the reason why it's hard for you to make sense.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Cholison(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nothing to show in Kogi at all.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by BastardWike: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
plaindealer:

Minerals and even oil means nothing without investors investing money to develop and extract your minerals.

Of what relevance is your oil without investors pouring money down to exploit it?

Is Imo on the list as as FDI recipient states?

You did not make any sense.

You have a one way traffic mode of reasoning. Each year has four quarters and Kogi was able to appear on the list once in a particular quarter, now means it's an investment haven? What about past years and quarters?

Who told you investors are not pouring money to invest in Imo State hydrocarbon reserves? A refinery was recently completed in Imo State while they're now expanding it and also building a petrochemical plant. Another massive gas project is ongoing as well.

So what sense or logic have you made?
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Rebuke: 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
plaindealer:

$1 Billion investment, IGR and all the jobs and better quality of life that comes with it.

It's your turn to tell us the achievements of your own state and governor..

Btw, high return and shares of investment is not FDI. You've already miseducated yourself hence the reason why it's hard for you to make sense.

OK, at this point, I say a good bye to yhu.

Please, enjoy yhur state.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by sulaak(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:
I will always say this, Lagos is overrated.
The state is smallest, and it's the most populated, I wonder how that place would look like in the next 10 years, when analytics shows that over 600+ people relocate to Lagos everyday.
Soo the state won't be suitable for investment as the environment would soon not be suitable for business

If 600+ people are relocating to Lagos, that's an indication of economic activities, the problem is where are they emigrating from.

Lagos must take ownership of former federal government assets such as the Apapa express roads, National stadium, Federal secretariat and many more and find investors that can rehabilitate these assets. complete the light rails and introduce modern sewage and drainage systems will improve the lives of million of Lagosian.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by inumidun2010(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Your funny, are all investment all about selling.
With the current traffic and overpopulated, high cost of living and the likesz Lagos isn't suitable for alot of things
I just laugh when some people said Yaba, Lagos is the next silicon valley of africa, how is that possible, does Yaba even has what it takes to be a silicon valley, the small land mass of Lagos is a disadvantage, a big one if you don't know
Let's assume the next Google, Facebook, apple emerged in Nigeria, can Lagos hold hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of new employee how can the so called Yaba valley hold just 10,000 employees.

it's like you have problem with lagos state... Well incase you Dont know... Small landmass of lagos state is d reason why you see industrialization moving to Ogun State... it's d closest state... I won't be surprised if Ogun State takeover Lagos state... Why didn't you ask dangote why he decided to situate his Refinery in lagos and not Kano State....

All the Tech Giants you mentioned up there have their headquarters in Silicon Valley because that's the hub of technology and not because of landmass... Must we copy whites..
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
inumidun2010:

it's like you have problem with lagos state... Well incase you Dont know... Small landmass of lagos state is d reason why you see industrialization moving to Ogun State... it's d closest state... I won't be surprised if Ogun State takeover Lagos state... Why didn't you ask dangote why he decided to situate his Refinery in lagos and not Kano State....

All the Tech Giants you mentioned up there have their headquarters in Silicon Valley because that's the hub of technology and not because of landmass... Must we copy whites..
I have nothing against Lagos
And I never said silicon valley is silicon valley because of land mass, but if silicon valley has a small land mass, alot of companies wouldn't be there, they would have relocated, take for example Google's headquarters, do you know the landmass require to complete it, Google's HQ is like a small City in SV, can you build a small city in Lagos, talkless of Yaba
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by totit: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

I have nothing against Lagos
And I never said silicon valley is silicon valley because of land mass, but if silicon valley has a small land mass, alot of companies wouldn't be there, they would have relocated, take for example Google's headquarters, do you know the landmass require to complete it, Google's HQ is like a small City in SV, can you build a small city in Lagos, talkless of Yaba

The surrounding SW states; Ogun, Ibadan are there to take over from Lagos so, calm down.

Thank you. grin

1 Like

Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
BastardWike:

You have a one way traffic mode of reasoning. Each year has four quarters and Kogi was able to appear on the list once in a particular quarter, now means it's an investment haven? What about past years and quarters?

Who told you investors are not pouring money to invest in Imo State hydrocarbon reserves? A refinery was recently completed in Imo State while they're now expanding it and also building a petrochemical plant. Another massive gas project is ongoing as well.

So what sense or logic have you made?

Your comment that I quoted was actually a one way traffic mode of reasoning, you based your argument on a flawed reasoning and understanding of the topic by stating that the investment in Kogi is about return and shares of investment when in fact it's FDI.

I's hard to come up with coherent and sensible views with poor understanding of the subject matter. You are looking at a massive job creating and IGR generating $ Billion investment, but you are still denigrating it as if it's something not to be proud of or commended all because you are hateful, all because you are consumed with the need to put other people down and promote your Imo state as if Imo state is the topic of discussion.

This is one thing you people do that's really disgusting and deplorable, you look down on other people, you denigrate other people and their states when in fact your own state has nothing to write home about?

Appreciate and applaud what's good regardless of the state or region, what's good for Kogi is good for Nigeria and even you becauses some of the FG generated taxes generated could be the next funding for roads and bridges in your own state.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
Rebuke:

OK, at this point, I say a good bye to yhu.

Please, enjoy yhur state.

You did not answer my question, before you dodge and run away, answer my question.

Tell us the achievements of your own state and governor.

Btw, I'm not from Kogi and I'd applaud your state if the $1 billion was in your state, something that hateful people like you don't know how to do.

You go around putting other people down as if your own state is Dubai when we all know that the opposite is the case.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by LikeAking: 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
APC LIES.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
Livescores:

Kogi and Niger state borders the FCT, it's plausible if investors choose Niger and to some extent Kogi due to low tax, Low cost of setting out and proximity to the Federal capital territory.

Niger state actually generated the fourth biggest FDI after Lagos, Abuja and Ogun, but Niger state government is not taxing them, I dont know why.
Fun facts,we call the governor of Niger,Memorandum of understanding governor cause he sigh a lot of agreement with foreign investors and always flying around. Still the most useless governor in Nigeria.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by lionshare: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
NIPC listed Bank of China & Sinosure as investors and Sector is Transportation. The link you shared seems mining-related? Explain
plaindealer:

Question.

The so called pipeline you are talking about cuts across many states so how come the other states did not record $1 billion investment.?

Just do a little bit of research, the info is not hard to find, the $1 billion Jogi investment came from European Iron Ore investors, Torridon Investments.

This is where the $1 billion came from, not from pipeline.

Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by BastardWike: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
plaindealer:

Your comment that I quoted was actually a one way traffic mode of reasoning, you based your argument on a flawed reasoning and understanding of the topic by stating that the investment in Kogi is about return and shares of investment when in fact it's FDI.

I's hard to come up with coherent and sensible views with poor understanding of the subject matter. You are looking at a massive job creating and IGR generating $ Billion investment, but you are still denigrating it as if it's something not to be proud of or commended all because you are hateful, all because you are consumed with the need to put other people down and promote your Imo state as if Imo state is the topic of discussion.

This is one thing you people do that's really disgusting and deplorable, you look down on other people, you denigrate other people and their states when in fact your own state has nothing to write home about?

Appreciate and applaud what's good regardless of the state or region, what's good for Kogi is good for Nigeria and even you becauses some of the FG generated taxes generated could be the next funding for roads and bridges in your own state.

You're just working yourself up over nothing. I served in Kogi State back in 2011 and I had good relationship with some Igala people I met there, so I have no reason to hate on the state. But to people like you, making statements of fact is hate speech. All the same, there is no need for us to be going in circles. Have a nice evening.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
lionshare:
NIPC listed Bank of China & Sinosure as investors and Sector is Transportation. The link you shared seems mining-related? Explain

The investment from China as depicted in your chart listed 3 states including KJogi, not just Jogi.

The pipeline is cuts across many state and they did not state categorically Kogi state's share of the pipeline money.

The $1 billion investment by Torridon investments is for Iron Ore mining in Kogi state, strictly right there in Kogi state.

The report stated that Kogi state scored $1 billion direct investment so if you are inferring that it's pipeline money, you have to add the pipeline and the $1 billion Torridon investment money and according to basic arithmetic, I'd expect more than $1 billion FDI for Kogi instead of $1 billion.

You numbers doesn't add up, you obviously misread and misinterpreted your own chart and report.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by lionshare: 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
It’s not my chart, if you had done a little research as you had initially suggested perhaps you would have noticed the source of the chart.
plaindealer:

The investment from China as depicted in your chart listed 3 states including KJogi, not just Jogi.

The pipeline is cuts across many state and they did not state categorically Kogi state's share of the pipeline money.

The $1 billion investment by Torridon investments is for Iron Ore mining in Kogi state, strictly right there in Kogi state.

The report stated that Kogi state scored $1 billion direct investment so if you are inferring that it's pipeline money, you have to add the pipeline and the $1 billion Torridon investment money and according to basic arithmetic, I'd expect more than $1 billion FDI for Kogi instead of $1 billion.

You numbers doesn't add up, you obviously misread and misinterpreted your own chart and report.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
BastardWike:

You're just working yourself up over nothing. I served in Kogi State back in 2011 and I had good relationship with some Igala people I met there, so I have no reason to hate on the state. But to people like you, making statements of fact is hate speech. All the same, there is no need for us to be going in circles. Have a nice evening.

What's your relationship with Kogi and Igala people got to do with FDI in Kogi?
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
lionshare:
It’s not my chart, if you had done a little research as you had initially suggested perhaps you would have noticed the source of the chart.

Regardless of where it came from, you posted it on NL as fact to prove your point and it doesn't even change the fact that you misread and misinterpreted the chart that you posted to prove your point.

You referenced pipeline as the source of the $1 billion investment in Kogi, but the pipeline money you stated plus the $1 billion mining investment by Torridon investment from the chart that you posted means the the FDI in Kogi should be more than $1 billion.

The source of the chart doesn't mean you shouldn't read and understand what you are posting.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by lionshare: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
plaindealer:

Regardless of where it came from, you posted it on NL as fact to prove your point and it doesn't even change the fact that you misread and misinterpreted the chart that you posted to prove your point.

You referenced pipeline as the source of the $1 billion investment in Kogi, but the pipeline money you stated plus the $1 billion mining investment by Torridon investment from the chart that you posted means the the FDI in Kogi should be more than $1 billion.

The source of the chart doesn't mean you shouldn't read and understand what you are posting.

Do you realize that what I posted is actually the break down of the article @OP posted? You are assuming by inferring what is and what is not.

https://nipc.gov.ng/2020/12/21/nipc-releases-report-of-investment-announcements-q3-2020/
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Katlyst(m): 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Vanity upon Vanity.

Showcasing of expensive cars.
Showcasing of flamboyant houses.
Showcasing of expensive designers.
Showcasing of wealth and luxurious lifestyle.
Showcasing of oppressive attitudes.
All of these don't move me in Nigeria.

Everything in the midst of poverty capital.
Everything in the midst of alarming unemployment.
Everything in the midst of science/technology stagnation.
Everything in the midst of epileptic power supply.
Everything in the midst of poor health care.
Everything in the midst of falling education standard.
Everything in the midst of inadequate security of lives/properties.

Only news like this moves me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Now Demand Cooked Food As Ransom Because Of Hunger In Kaduna — Resident / Etekamba Umoren: Tinubu Has Started 2027 Re-Election Bid - Soyombo / 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.