Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 (17190 Views)

Airport Traffic: Abuja Overtakes Lagos since 2019 (pic) / NIPC: Kaduna Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow / Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by plaindealer: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
lionshare:

Do you realize that what I posted is actually the break down of the article @OP posted? You are assuming by inferring what is and what is not.

https://nipc.gov.ng/2020/12/21/nipc-releases-report-of-investment-announcements-q3-2020/

lionshare:
This report is wrong on many levels. It assumes investment announcements to be the same as actual investments. Kogi state is topping the chart because of a Proposed $2.6bn Ajaokuta-Kano Pipeline.

This is not about what the OP posted, this is about your own personal comment stating that Kogi's investment came from pipeline when in fact that same government agency clearly stated that Kogi received $1 billion mining investment from the UK.

OP's article said Kogi topped Lagos with $1 billion investment and the same government agency said Kogi received $1 billion investment so, for you to conclude that the money came from pipeline, you have to add the pipeline money to the $1 billion mining investment and you and I know your answer won't be $1 billion. Your claim was flawed regardless of how you cut and dice it.

ASX-listed Kogi Iron has obtained $1-billion in funding from European funds administration firm Torridon Investments Analysis to develop its Agbaja forged metal venture, in Nigeria.

https://nipc.gov.ng/2020/07/08/kogi-iron-receives-funding-for-agbaja-project/

Btw, the $1 billion wasn't an announcement, it was money on the ground, obtained means you took and have the money, it's in your hands.
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by lionshare: 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
The primary source for this article is NIPC and everything I’ve posted is from NIPC even posted links to the actual report. Read the report

I’m not sure what your end game is but mine from the onset is to show that NIPC report is not accurate because the said FDI is only an investment announcement and not actual investment.
plaindealer:

This is not about what the OP posted, this is about your own personal comment stating that Kogi's investment came from pipeline when in fact that same government agency clearly stated that Kogi received $1 billion mining investment from the UK.

OP's article said Kogi topped Lagos with $1 billion investment and the same government agency said Kogi received $1 billion investment so, for you to conclude that the money came from pipeline, you have to add the pipeline money to the $1 billion mining investment and you and I know your answer won't be $1 billion. Your claim was flawed regardless of how you cut and dice it.

Btw, the $1 billion wasn't an announcement, it was money on the ground, obtained means you took and have the money, it's in your hands.

Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by Ikidons(m): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kapilta:
Same Kogi abi another one? Who dey carry money go invest am for Kogi kwa?
Dangote na! He's taking over Kogi o!
Re: Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 by senatordave1(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
totit:

Alright.

This is the problem I have with nairaland peeps.always in a haste to conclude without reading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ARISE TV Presidential Town Hall Series Three (Live Video) / Nasir El-Rufai Ready To Receive Certificate Of Return (Photo) / PDP Wants Kemi Adeosun Arrested, Accuses FG Of Planning To Help Her Escape From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.