Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. (674 Views)

Taiwo 'Ogogo' Hassan Beat Up Area Boys Trying to Extort Him / Did The Illuminati Take Out Kobe Bryant? / ”Staying In An Abusive Marriage Cos Of Financial Gain Is Lame” - Toke Makinwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by Praxis758: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
An ugly family battle between Vanessa Bryant and her mother, Sofia Laine, has been brewing after Laine filed a $5 million lawsuit that Bryant referred to as “extortion.”

Bryant is the widow of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant. Of course, Kobe Bryant tragically died on Jan. 26 in a helicopter crash along with the couple’s 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, and seven other people.

Laine is claiming that Kobe Bryant pledged to financially support her for the remainder of her life, with her daughter now reneging on the murky promise.

“Unfortunately, Kobe Bryant’s promises did not see the light of day as he is now deceased, and Vanessa Bryant took each and every step she could to void and cancel all of Kobe Bryant’s promises made to [Laine],” the lawsuit read. “Vanessa Bryant did not intend to honor any of the Bryants’ representations, agreements and promises at any stage.”

The 68-year-old Laine is also alleging that she served as the Bryant family’s “longtime personal assistant and nanny,” which her daughter disputes while claiming that her mother had been supported for the past two decades.

“I have supported her for nearly 20 years, and she was never my or Kobe’s personal assistant, nor was she a nanny,” Vanessa Bryant said. “I have always been a stay-at-home mother and my husband and I were our daughters’ full-time caregivers.”

Vanessa Bryant also indicated that her mother is lying about the extent of work she performed for the family over the course of a decade

“She was a grandmother who was supported by me and her son-in-law at my request,” Vanessa Bryant claimed. “She now wants to back-charge me $96 per hour for supposedly working 12 hours a day for 18 years for watching her grandchildren. In reality, she only occasionally babysat my older girls when they were toddlers. As of 10 years ago, our kids were full-time students and athletes and I didn’t have another child until 2016. Her claims are obviously false but I still tried, repeatedly, to work things out with my mother.”

Especially painful for Vanessa Bryant was a “hurtful” interview that her mother did with Univision in September where Laine claimed that she had been kicked out of the Bryant home.

The nasty comments on both sides show that the painful process of trying to get past the horrific tragedy of losing Kobe Bryant is continuing for the family as it prepares for the first anniversary of his death next month.

Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
I no understand
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by Kriss216: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
. I have always been a stay-at-home mother

Women are naturally born opportunists!

A stay-at-home mother now in possession of millions of Dollars without doing anything. All the husband labored for goes to her and her numerous boyfriends.

Unbalanced life!
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kriss216:

A stay-at-home mother now in possession of millions of Dollars without doing anything. All the husband labored for goes to her and her numerous boyfriends.

Unbalanced life!
So she wasn't doing anything as a stay at home mother? its more work to be a stay at home mother if you don't know. Just keep shut please
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by Kriss216: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
Zzor:
So she wasn't doing anything as a stay at home mother? its more work to be a stay at home mother if you don't know. Just keep shut please
What is she doing as a stay-at-home mother that a baby mama or nanny can not do?
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by emeijeh(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kriss216:

All the husband labored for goes to her and her numerous boyfriends.

Unbalanced life!
Was this part necessary?
It's obvious your hand did the thinking, while your brain took a nap
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by MadBrain(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
undecided
[ ))>
_/\_
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by offset67(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
angry women
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by 99thEnemy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kriss216:

What is she doing as a stay-at-home mother that a baby mama or nanny can not do?
E be like say Zzor na stay home baby mama oh! From her post.
She is most def talking out of her experience. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
99thEnemy:
E be like say Zzor na stay home baby mama oh! From her post.
She is most def talking out of her experience. grin grin grin grin grin
I can never be a baby mama so keep shut
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by 99thEnemy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
Zzor:
I can never be a baby mama so keep shut
Till your contraceptives fail to work as usual grin grin
How does your guy do it?
Is he good at cream-pie pastry or is he a pull-out king? grin
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by DukeJoe17: 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kriss216:

Unbalanced life!
Can you imagine, mother and daughter fighting over a dead man riches? Till tomorrow marriage will continue to be poverty alleviation for almost all women, let me shock you a little. the only reason your girlfriend or wife is still with you is because of the financial, economical and material gains you are ditching out to her, I bet you to withdraw those stipends and your relationship will vanish within three months

Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by DaddyRochie1642: 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
Never underestimate the Power of Money grin
Re: Kobe Bryant: Mother-in-law Attempts To Extort His Demise For Financial Gain. by iheanacho98013: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
:E be like say Zzor na stay home baby mama oh! From her post..She is most def talking out of her experience. I can never be a baby mama so keep shut

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Actress Bisola Aiyeola As She Celebrate Her 35 Birthday Today / AREWA:TOP 6 UPCOMING AREWA YOUNG INFLUENCERS ON INSTAGRAM (Nigeria) / Bisola Aiyeola's Reaction As She Flies Private Jet For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.