Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants (27591 Views)

Gunshots Fired As SSS Alleged Siege On EFCC Lagos Office Continues / CVR: INEC Deletes 2.7 Million Double Registrants, PVCs Ready November / Mahmood Yakubu: INEC Deleting Double Registrants From Voter Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by edoairways: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
juniormod:
These telecom operators will lose a whole lot of subscribers if they should enforce this exercise.

Many people with simcards in Nigeria doesn't even have National ID card, not to talk of voters card, this government should consider the citizens for once. Besides the time frame they gave is short, I believe some students left theirs back in their various hostel in school.
Of course they do, they are playing on the intelligence of most Nigerians who may not want to register
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by faste: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
Las las everyone boycot telecom providers ,government will lose huge revenue.There was a time Gsm was unavailable.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by NEUDUDE: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
Is it not this same NIMC that said it has full capacity a couple days back. Chai! E shock me.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by codedguy1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
lastcall:
This type of shiat happens when those in authority act before thinking. Or when they lack capacity to think.

Or when they themselves are the shait!

When a recalcitrant, incorrigible dimwitted illiterate is at the helm, he populates everywhere with his kind.

I have nothing to say grin
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by OceanEye: 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
Flier:
Its not your NIN,probably the person that used the sim before you

This is a sim card I have been using for more than 12 years. I bought it before they start registering sims. I did KYC and a lot of sim sim swaps.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:
Lass lass, i go follow for people wey dem go block their lines as i don commot mind from am...

Make me rest and my stalkers too undecided undecided

Lalasticl.ala, compliment of the season joor
Come inbox, do Christmas for your girl grin

Guy, if you get bank acct, print out your bvn slip, your non could be on it.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:
Lass lass, i go follow for people wey dem go block their lines as i don commot mind from am...

Guy, if you get bank acct, print out your bvn slip, your NIN could be on it.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by toprealman: 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
Same rubbish that can be done from the comfort of your house with an android phone. Nigeria iand Nigerians just something else.
Must people suffer as a result of greedy and clueless leaders that are not innovative?
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by anytexy: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

The biggest fools in the universe are in Nigeria occupying political offices.

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

Common sense can't tell them to share database so it can easy for one to generate NIN online without going to the office.

I registered for the first national ID. It is no longer accepted. They are forcing us to queue for another one. These sadists love to see Nigerians suffer.

Even some telecoms are also useless. I went to MTN office to do a 'welcome back'. They told me to get a affidavit. I told the lady that my lost line was registered. That she should look into their database to confirm that I am the owner of the line. She insisted I should go and get affidavit. I walked out of their office and aborted the mission of retrieving the line.

What's the purpose of the registration, if you can't check the database to confirm the owner of the sim?

May you leave long. You just replicated my mind. Nigeria is a failed state. Nothing is working. Absolutely nothing.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by humilitypays(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

Common sense can't tell them to share database so it can easy for one to generate NIN online without going to the office.

I registered for the first national ID. It is no longer accepted. They are forcing us to queue for another one. These sadists love to see Nigerians suffer.

Even some telecoms are also useless. I went to MTN office to do a 'welcome back'. They told me to get a affidavit. I told the lady that my lost line was registered. That she should look into their database to confirm that I am the owner of the line. She insisted I should go and get affidavit. I walked out of their office and aborted the mission of retrieving the line.

What's the purpose of the registration, if you can't check the database to confirm the owner of the sim?

its demons that are ruling Nigeria
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by RuddyFusion(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

that's how I left MTN ......although I have to go get the bloody affidavit when I lost my Glo and 9mobile line. MTN was my first and simply to check thier database was a tuff call
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by juniormod: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
edoairways:

Of course they do, they are playing on the intelligence of most Nigerians who may not want to register
God save this nation and its inhabitants
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
Willie2015:

I did my NIN reg...
under 10min after lockdown...
Collect the soft copy and hard copy...
For my records...
D inevitable thruth is dat...
Nigerians only respond to deadline...
Give them 2 years extension...
They wont still register!
Oga forget ur talk. We live in a digital world now and digital tools, smart devices and modern technology is to make life and communication more fluent and enhance living. We can't be on analogue in a digital world thereby making life unbearable. Imagine an 85 yr old senior citizen struggling in a queue for hours. Its not just about NIN it cuts across all other govt organizations. Sometimes i wonder why people even acquire education when u can't apply it to solve everyday issues. Fvcking shame.
Sharing database to generate NIN online anywhere is safer, easier, faster and in line with technological advancement.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by MacWin155(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
At a period where there's a resurgence of the Covid 19, FG is subjecting Citizens to this Herculean task.

They'll have to eventually call off the NIN Registration or Extend the 2weeks Ultimatum,hopefully into next year,till nobody cares anymore.

Bunch of Fools with no sense of order,thought or foresight.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Willie2015: 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:

Your experience can't be used as a case study. Majority of Nigerians didn't get theirs under 10 mins.

2019, when I went to collect my permanent voters card. I saw many Nigerians registering for their NIN.

Do you know some NIMC staff demand for money before registration?

BTW, I have never heard of government ordering us to have our numbers linked with NIN until this month. It's ridiculous to come up with a new policy and demand it should be implemented within 2 weeks.

The reason is becos...
Majority of Nigerians always wait for a deadline.....
The registration came so easy that....
Folks in my community....
invite officials to visit the area for registration ....
on a weekend.....
To capture citizens......
that cant afford transportation fare to NIMC office....
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by boyjo: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
I hear we are 170m citizens.
This is just hundreds of people.

If 120m people come decide to come for registration nko.

Hear what that old man said, he is not even aware that sims about to be blocked.
He was just trying to get his NIN that he has been trying to get abi correct since forever
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Altimatic27: 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
KenOne:
The ministers not performing in PMB government are majorly from the North, like Isa Pantami.

The ministers and other appointees riddled with corruption and scandal in PMB government are majorly from the North.

Terrorist region in Africa is the North African.

The holy book the bible also said fear North.

The poorest Canadian provinces are the Northern provinces like Yukon, North-West territory and Nuvaut.

In Canada Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and British Columbia poorest cities and towns are in the Northern part.

Trouble region in France is the Northern region.

What is it with the North. Can any good thing come out from the North?

Manchester is north uk
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by yungEX(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

Did they ask for National id ? Im asking cus i tried to do welcome back for my sim today. And they were asking for national id. Sim that i bought and registered wothput national id o
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by yungEX(m): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
RuddyFusion:
that's how I left MTN ......although I have to go get the bloody affidavit when I lost my Glo and 9mobile line. MTN was my first and simply to check thier database was a tuff call

Did 9mobile ask you for national id card. Theyre asking now. And i dont have�. Will they accept affidavit for national id?
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by pointstores(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nawa
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by jaytime(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
We're just doing registration upandan ever since I was born yet we can't boast of any data base of all the citizens... Waste of Niger Delta oil revenue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Willie2015: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Oga forget ur talk. We live in a digital world now and digital tools, smart devices and modern technology is to make life and communication more fluent and enhance living. We can't be on analogue in a digital world thereby making life unbearable. Imagine an 85 yr old senior citizen struggling in a queue for hours. Its not just about NIN it cuts across all other govt organizations. Sometimes i wonder why people even acquire education when u can't apply it to solve everyday issues. Fvcking shame.
Sharing database to generate NIN online anywhere is safer, easier, faster and in line with technological advancement.

We invited NIMC officials to my community
To capture those that are old and cant afford to go to the centre...
We are educated in the south...
And yet lack simple discipline...
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Tunagee(m): 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Willie2015:

I did my NIN reg...
under 10min after lockdown...
Collect the soft copy and hard copy...
For my records...
D inevitable thruth is dat...
Nigerians only respond to deadline...
Give them 2 years extension...
They wont still register!
You just stated what's on my mind. Why wait for this panicking time to now go to register? The awareness has been there since 6 years ago; asides that, FG, at a point in time, made it a prerequisite for Jamb registration then applicants besieged the Alausa office of NIMC before it was relaxed. All these was a warning sign that the National ID is compulsory. Even though most of us that registered 2014 don't have the plastic ID's yet, it was already stated that the plastic ID's won't be necessary anymore; just register and get your NIN.
I believe the NIN can be generated online once you register on their platforms, then you visit the nearest office for biometrics. What is needed now is the NIN number, biometrics can be done soon.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Tremple8v: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
Na only make the stupid government steal money them sabi
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by NaijaCover(m): 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:

Do you know
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by landforeast(m): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
Thank God I am now in Anambra, very stress free process. In just 30 minutes you are already enrolled. Everything for Lagos is stressful.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Ishilove: 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
slivertongue:
NIN registration has been put on hold at NIMC Lagos office until further notice.
Yes, we get it.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by amanzejude(m): 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
So many Nigerians always feign ignorance of government programmes. NIN registration has been ongoing since 2013, yet they (Nigerians) seems not to understand the importance of Citizenship identification number. So much ignorance in the public domain. So many Nigerians don't read, graduates inclusive.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by jmoore(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
yungEX:

Did they ask for National id ? Im asking cus i tried to do welcome back for my sim today. And they were asking for national id. Sim that i bought and registered wothput national id o

Was it at mtn office or agent?
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by SctDonald(m): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

NIGERIA is a manual country.. lol
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by smileyoo: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
IbadanJohnWick:
This shouldn't be clumsy at all considering the level of technology that could be deployed to register people even in the comfort of their homes.

A system of registration that involves virtual registration that can't be negatively manipulated can be designed and executed with the help voters card and BVN.

ALL these fire brigade approach the goverment is putting people through is unnecessary
bros. this govt is never sincere over any issue affecting the masses. all these nin brohaha is nothing else than check-mating social media, they just want to silence as many nigerians as possible.
since they could not do it through the so-called social media bill, they have to improvise this fire-brigade approach.
imagine given 100 million citizens just two weeks to obtain nin or their sim-cards will be blocked, of course given the clumsy nature of govt agencies like nimc, most lines will surely be blocked, there by silencing the angry voices of nigerians on social-media, while the few that scale through can be easily monitored.
Apc's type of democracy is a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Promises To Address Issue Of Marginalization & Other Demands In The SE / Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes / Fayose's Wife, Feyisetan, Paying Hospital Bills Of Poor Women (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.