Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants (27593 Views)

Gunshots Fired As SSS Alleged Siege On EFCC Lagos Office Continues / CVR: INEC Deletes 2.7 Million Double Registrants, PVCs Ready November / Mahmood Yakubu: INEC Deleting Double Registrants From Voter Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by fayomim: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Monkeys everywhere
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by PDPdestroyer(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nigerians have the habit deploying the fire brigade approach to issues. This NiN registration had been on for years but trust my countrymen to wait till the last minute before getting enrolled.
If not for the threat of SIM card deactivation, many wouldn't bother to get captured. Nigerians have a big problem
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by SpartanKing: 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
KenOne:
The ministers not performing in PMB government are majorly from the North, like Isa Pantami.

The ministers and other appointees riddled with corruption and scandal in PMB government are majorly from the North.

Terrorist region in Africa is the North African.

The holy book the bible also said fear North.

The poorest Canadian provinces are the Northern provinces like Yukon, North-West territory and Nuvaut.

In Canada Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and British Columbia poorest cities and towns are in the Northern part.

Trouble region in France is the Northern region.

What is it with the North. Can any good thing come out from the North?
USA and CANADA are in NORTH America. Nothing is wrong with NORTH, but with the mindset of people there!

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Dharmiejoe(m): 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nigerian's are the most docile people on planet Earth. How can one useless minister wake up overnight and compel over 200million people to link their SIM cards with NIN in 2 weeks where many Nigerian's don't have national identity cards. This is callous, pathetic and unrealistic yet some Mumu Nigerians will still suffer themselves to register. I am not even setting a foot outside for this trash!!
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by amanzejude(m): 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
Stay there and be talking trash. Na when government block your line, then you go know say dem get power.
Dharmiejoe:
Nigerian's are the most docile people on planet Earth. How can one useless minister wake up overnight and compel over 200million people to link their SIM cards with NIN in 2 weeks where many Nigerian's don't have national identity cards. This is callous, pathetic and unrealistic yet some Mumu Nigerians will still suffer themselves to register. I am not even setting a foot outside for this trash!!
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Mars16(m): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

The biggest fools in the universe are in Nigeria occupying political offices.

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

Common sense can't tell them to share database so it can easy for one to generate NIN online without going to the office.

I registered for the first national ID. It is no longer accepted. They are forcing us to queue for another one. These sadists love to see Nigerians suffer.

Even some telecoms are also useless. I went to MTN office to do a 'welcome back'. They told me to get a affidavit. I told the lady that my lost line was registered. That she should look into their database to confirm that I am the owner of the line. She insisted I should go and get affidavit. I walked out of their office and aborted the mission of retrieving the line.

What's the purpose of the registration, if you can't check the database to confirm the owner of the sim?

You're one of those intelligent Nigerians that should be in such offices.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Bossman(m): 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
It's just ridiculous! The systems backend should have been linked after these many years. This should be a simple task that - each Telco should provide a portal that will link to the NIMC database directly. Not this nonsense of collecting the data and then manually sending it over to NIMC for verification.

As for the Telcos, it's crazy that if you lose your sim card they ask for the damn simpack. Who keeps the simpack in the safe. I really feel sorry for Nigeria. The country is just so way behind the times, it's comical!

jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

Common sense can't tell them to share database so it can easy for one to generate NIN online without going to the office.

I registered for the first national ID. It is no longer accepted. They are forcing us to queue for another one. These sadists love to see Nigerians suffer.

Even some telecoms are also useless. I went to MTN office to do a 'welcome back'. They told me to get a affidavit. I told the lady that my lost line was registered. That she should look into their database to confirm that I am the owner of the line. She insisted I should go and get affidavit. I walked out of their office and aborted the mission of retrieving the line.

What's the purpose of the registration, if you can't check the database to confirm the owner of the sim?

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
Las las, this too na another abandoned project.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

In Ghana that thing will take you less than 6 minutes to retrieve, free of charge. I have retrieve Sim card tire free off charge in Ghana, I saw a man retrieving simcard over 6 months he traveled out of Ghana, I was shocked he was able to retrieve it. Nigeria is a very corrupt country to the core. That's why I use a foreign number to open my Nigerian bank account, it was the manager that did it, ordinarily they won't allow you.
If them like they should block people Simcard I don't care I knew a day like this will surely come.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by yungEX(m): 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:

Was it at mtn office or agent?

Not mtn sha. A 9mobile agent. I just want to know if i can get my sim back before i do tgis NIN of a thing
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Realdeals(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
NIN registration started 2012
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by abimic(m): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
If nepa wants to cut light, they can move to everyone's homes, ordinary registration that would even help the government have a database, they can't come to people's homes to register them, demonic!
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by jmoore(m): 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
yungEX:

Not mtn sha. A 9mobile agent. I just want to know if i can get my sim back before i do tgis NIN of a thing
I think it is okay for an agent to demand for ID card. C'mon, you should have any of the ID, Voters card, international passport, driving license.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by niyidenrele: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

God bless you with this your piece, same thing occurred to me over 2years ago about issues pertaining to my Globacom phone line, infact one of the major reasons I changed my phone contact number like chameleon skin , may God and posterity open our eyes so we can put, the round pegs technocrats in round holes
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by kenmaro: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
What would you say about North America (USA) ?

KenOne:
The ministers not performing in PMB government are majorly from the North, like Isa Pantami.

The ministers and other appointees riddled with corruption and scandal in PMB government are majorly from the North.

Terrorist region in Africa is the North African.

The holy book the bible also said fear North.

The poorest Canadian provinces are the Northern provinces like Yukon, North-West territory and Nuvaut.

In Canada Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and British Columbia poorest cities and towns are in the Northern part.

Trouble region in France is the Northern region.

What is it with the North. Can any good thing come out from the North?
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Ezmans: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:
Lass lass, i go follow for people wey dem go block their lines as i don commot mind from am...

Make me rest and my stalkers too undecided undecided

Lalasticl.ala, compliment of the season joor
Come inbox, do Christmas for your girl grin
I don't know why people are desperate for this, they I'll extend it till April next year
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by mountmoriah(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

you are 100% correct, Nigeria leaders always like to see the citizens suffer, and this is too bad, when you treat your fellow citizens like this, how will outsider, treat your own people

meanwhile check my signature for your iron rod, payment on delivery
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by leketon: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:
Lass lass, i go follow for people wey dem go block their lines as i don commot mind from am...

Make me rest and my stalkers too undecided undecided

Lalasticl.ala, compliment of the season joor
Come inbox, do Christmas for your girl grin

Me too they should block my line joh. Before GSM we were living...

WhatsApp me for your Christmas gift

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by starbuck(f): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
leketon:

Me too they should block my line joh. Before GSM we were living...

WhatsApp me for your Christmas gift

Right away grin grin
Thank Sir
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Princedapace(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

Nigeria is the most useless country ever on earth.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by starbuck(f): 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
post=97299473:

Do you know

Nope
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by ugochukwufrenzy: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, I don't know why most Nigerians like to panic. As young as I am, I am already wise enough not to let panic attack kill me.
I am always shocked when I see elderly people that death is seemingly closer, panicking.

What hurts me most is that these officials have no regard for age, putting the elderly through hardship and insults.

How I wish it was only my type of people that made up at least 190 million out of the 200 million Nigerians we have.

I for see whether those network providers no go form union begin dey protest for street against these clueless government.
no be lie bro,,you just spoke my mind
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Bossman(m): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
The NIN is automatically generated for anyone with a BVN, You can go to your bank where you registered for BVN, and ask for the BVN details. You will notice your NIN is on there as well. However, you still need to register/activate this NIN in the NIMC system.

As posted all over the forums, Anyone can dial that USSD code *346# from the number used to register for BVN, and it should show your NIN.

OceanEye:
What I don't understand is that after checking my sim card, I found out it has been linked to NIN even though I have never registered for NIN. Is something wrong somewhere?
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by ceaser: 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
OceanEye:
What I don't understand is that after checking my sim card, I found out it has been linked to NIN even though I have never registered for NIN. Is something wrong somewhere?

Probably the former user of your number before it was re-assigned to you had that number linked to his own NIN.

Did you recently get that phone number?

Now this appears to be one flaw in this process. When theseobile operators deactivate and re-assign numbers after 6 months of inactivity, the new user may begin to receive bank alerts of the former user and even calls from relatives of the old user. It can potentially put the new user in trouble like it did that innocent man that was arrested by the DSS because General Buhari's daughter's number was re-assigned to him.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by chaloskyx: 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
AHAH WHATS WRONG WITH FG SEF NO BE UNA SAY MAKE WE REGISTER UNLESS ALL HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE NOW WE ARE READY TO COMPLY YOU ARE NOW SHUTTING YOUR OFFICES SO YOU DINT THINK BEFOR MAKING SUCH STATEMENT RIGHT? MUMU LEADERSHIP
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Flier: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
OceanEye:

This is a sim card I have been using for more than 12 years. I bought it before they start registering sims. I did KYC and a lot of sim sim swaps.
I don’t believe you,I confirmed this at the bank so I am 100% correct
Don’t use someone else NIN,don’t incriminate yourself
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by OceanEye: 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
Flier:
I don’t believe you,I confirmed this at the bank so I am 100% correct
Don’t use someone else NIN,don’t incriminate yourself

NIN doesn't originate from sim card but BVN. You don't need to believe me. I had no reason to lie about my sim card.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by boyjo: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
OceanEye:

If you have bvn and you have a NIN

The reason you found out is because you still have the the phone number you used in registering bvn
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by slivertongue: 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ishilove:

Yes, we get it.

Same should apply nationwide
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Akano5(m): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
You see how they frustrate our people
Animals are ruling Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts / 'The Essentials Of Beauty Therapy' By Aisha Buhari / Constitutional Amendment: See The Nine Key Areas Senate, House Of Reps Disagree.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.