Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents (14931 Views)

Borno Residents Reject Repentant Boko Haram Members / Obiageli Mazi Receives N1 Million Donations From Borno Residents / Borno Residents Wash And Sweep Ramat Square After Atiku's Visit Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Jostoman: 9:04am On Dec 22, 2020
Bornu is very safe now Zulum is just deceiving himself.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2020
All the service chiefs in Nigeria know clearly what is going on with the security issues and at such should be held responsible.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by ChoCho54(f): 9:48am On Dec 22, 2020
mike8804:
Our leaders are not accountable, cause Nigeria is established to be so. A serious govt would have replaced the security chiefs for lack of efficiency.

Why is our leaders not accountable, the main reason is tribalism... it is our turn, we must finish our tenure, others can go and die.

Nigeria needs restructure or separation, it can't work, it hasn't work and it will never work .
Kpomkwem!!
You nailed it, are you a carpenter?

I usually get confused when I hear folks say Nigeria will be great again and I'm like, when was it ever great?

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by yaki84: 9:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
"If the army cannot protect people travelling within a distance of only 20 kilometres, then I cannot foresee the capacity of the army ending this insurgency any time soon"

ByAbdulkareem Haruna December 21, 2020 2 min read
The Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum, has blamed the recent spike of abductions along the roads leading to his state on the Nigeria military, even as he stressed that the people are being killed because the army has failed to do their assigned jobs.

Mr Zulum was reacting to last weekend’s abduction of 35 travellers and many other such incidences that have become a daily occurrence on Maiduguri-Damaturu road, the only safe route that leads to Borno State.

The governor, on Monday, visited the location where the 35 travellers were abducted to inspect the level of destruction perpetrated by the Boko Haram...

Premium Times Nigeria

BUA Group Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum
Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum

Kidnappings: Nigerian Army has failed Borno residents – Zulum
"If the army cannot protect people travelling within a distance of only 20 kilometres, then I cannot foresee the capacity of the army ending this insurgency any time soon."
ByAbdulkareem Haruna December 21, 2020 2 min read
The Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum, has blamed the recent spike of abductions along the roads leading to his state on the Nigeria military, even as he stressed that the people are being killed because the army has failed to do their assigned jobs.

Mr Zulum was reacting to last weekend’s abduction of 35 travellers and many other such incidences that have become a daily occurrence on Maiduguri-Damaturu road, the only safe route that leads to Borno State.

The governor, on Monday, visited the location where the 35 travellers were abducted to inspect the level of destruction perpetrated by the Boko Haram.

The governor spoke to journalists at the scene of the attack, expressing shock and annoyance on how such magnitude of attack was being perpetrated under the watch of the soldiers and police special squads deployed to protect the highway.

“It is sad and mind-boggling how innocent commuters are being kidnapped and killed on this Maiduguri – Kano road, especially the road linking Maiduguri and Damaturu. It is also very annoying to note that these atrocities are being committed between Jakana and Auno, a distance of only 20 kilometres.”..

“Surprisingly we have a Brigade Commander with his team in Jakana; we also have a commanding officer with his battalion in Auno; both teams cover a distance of only 20 kilometres, and they have failed to protect the commuters.

“The Nigeria Army has failed us; they have failed in discharging their role of protecting the commuters.

“This morning while travelling from Maiduguri to Jakana up to Auno, I did not see or sight any single soldier. Even the police-led Rapid Response Squad (RRS) that we established and equipped and enabled to patrol this highway were nowhere to be found on the highway. Instead, they are busy harassing and collecting money from innocent travellers, both police and soldiers.”

“This is embarrassing. Just look at the number of vehicles that have been burnt here, yet we have our soldiers there watching and collecting money from commuters...

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/432452-kidnappings-nigerian-army-has-failed-borno-residents-zulum.html
When a fool fails to blame the head for not thinking straight but the tail for scattering the food
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by israelmao(m): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2020
Not only Boron residents but entire Nigerians but Buhari has the whole portion of the blame for not doing what he suppose to do at the right time.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by authority2006(m): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2020
That's a very unfortunate comment from the governor considering the number of soldiers who had died defending Borno residents from the terrorists attacks since 2009. You don't want to join the Nigerian Army right now, your wife can become a widow within two years.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by joelag: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2020
The 2021 budget for defence will tell you all. insecurity is a big business in the northeast.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Victor6998: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2020
illicit:
Zulum unfortunately this is ur own personal cup of tea.... cool
Ajeh

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nato008(m): 10:22am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Dear Easterners!!

Leave zulum for us the northerners!!

We know you all hated this man right from time!!

Zulum is better than all Eastern politicians put together!!

Leave zulum and face your politicians!!

Zulum never asked to be praised!!

Zulum is more concern about his region!!

Zulum is never a threat to anyone's presidency!!

His only crime is to acknowledge buhari's effort in the war against Bokoharam in Borno!

You people are pathetic!!

God bless Babagana Zulum!!

Arewa youths are solidly behind zulum!
u really never ceases to amaze with this ur madness....always splashing pics up and down..

2 Likes

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by classicfrank4u(m): 10:22am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
the biggest fools who we have in Nigeria are the Eastern governors!

The eastern governors remain the most useless governors in Nigeria.

How dare you refer to zulum as a fool...

Governor Zulum is better all your present and past governors put together!

face your politicians and leave zulum for the north.

Face Obiano, ikpeazu and uzodinmma.

Zulum is not your governor... He has every right to acknowledge the effort of the Buhari government in the fight against insurgency.

We all know how Borno used to be...

We all know how people are being killed on daily basis!!

We all know how bombs are raining back then...

So he has the right to appreciate the little Buhari has done.

Face your region... Zulum is not your problem!

God bless Babagana!!

Don't mind them..
North is the safest region in the world

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Taiwojon(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2020
Hmmm

Their eyes don tey open small small.

Jesus is the onlg protection
Not man
Not army
Not anyone

Except jesus christ.

Repent and believe the gospel
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by captainamiedi1: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2020
Later he go change mouth. North affairs na family matter. i don remove my hand

3 Likes

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by naijadrivablog: 10:24am On Dec 22, 2020
Zulum is not consistent.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by SOFTENGR: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2020
Mumu man. You failed your people by acting drama without calling out the incompetent commander in chief.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by BlessedNuel: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2020
Just speechless
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Cheapgadget(f): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2020
Borno, home of peace indeed
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by ITbomb(m): 10:27am On Dec 22, 2020
I thought the Commander in Chief is working and security has improved under his Army

2 Likes

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Omezif(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2020
northerners are decieving themselves by knowing the secret of boko haram and their hideouts without revealing it, i only pity southern soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2020
But they do wonders elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2020
mike8804:
Our leaders are not accountable, cause Nigeria is established to be so. A serious govt would have replaced the security chiefs for lack of efficiency.

Why is our leaders not accountable? the main reason is tribalism... it is our turn, we must finish our tenure, others can go and die.

Nigeria needs restructure or separation, it can't work, it hasn't work and it will never work .

You hit the nail on the head. Especially the present junta. The deep error in their hardheaded and blatant misrule is that you can't stash away enough money today for an unknown future. It often backfires. You should rather build systems that work.
For, a system that doesn't work leads to things we have observed before: a former soldier / minister of works from Kwara died in a road accident on his way to Kwara. Bad roads, even the armoured SUV couldn't help. A former female minister of aviation lost her husband in a plane crash. Karma? It's not for me to say.

However, if you do the right thing, regardless of who gets to enjoy it, the good will go round.
In the case of our nepotistic champion, he is doing everything wrong and favouring only a narrow circle of close ones, and the evil will go round and reach everyone, eventually.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Rebuke: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:

Zulum is not your governor... He has every right to acknowledge the effort of the Buhari government in the fight against insurgency.

God bless Babagana!!

Lols. To yhur tent o Israel! cheesy
Buhari effort is really paying off, please Zulum should never complain. .....

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Farki: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2020
ethicallyright:

BORNO indigenes failed themselves when they turned themselves to willing tools to push an Arabian political ideology.

A Boko Haram terrorist is just another BORNO villager with a gun and machete. Without a gun and machete, the terrorist is just a dominant villager living among his people , respected and feared by his family members and granted beautiful brides by his community.

The Nigerian army did not behead people , a Kanuri led terrorist group beheaded Kanuri people. A government that does not regulate what clerics preach in Mosques, supports the destruction of alcohol in a secular Country and sentences children to death for Blasphemy should consider itself responsible for Islam extremism.

The Nigerian Army are risking their lives to safe everyone and prevent the Islamists from advancing.

At least twice this year, Zulum's convoy was attacked and without those soldiers and policemen who died, Zulum would be dead.

Nigerian army that feeds, shelters and releases terrorists? grin

The one that refuses to go after the sponsors because "it is not their job"?

The one that refuses to give soldiers weapons and ammunition?

The one that refuses to answer cries for help as farmers are beheaded?
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Danny50: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2020
Tribalism is making the youths to hates each orther damm am so disappointed imagine those comments above i sincere weep for the future of this country because only unity brings success.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by bigfish3k: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Dear Easterners!!

Leave zulum for us the northerners!!

We know you all hated this man right from time!!

Zulum is better than all Eastern politicians put together!!

Leave zulum and face your politicians!!

Zulum never asked to be praised!!

Zulum is more concern about his region!!

Zulum is never a threat to anyone's presidency!!

His only crime is to acknowledge buhari's effort in the war against Bokoharam in Borno!

You people are pathetic!!

God bless Babagana Zulum!!

Arewa youths are solidly behind zulum!
Mtchew. RUBBISH talk

As if eastern soldiers are not among those sacrificing their lives in borno. Or tax from alcohol or oil from East is not used in prosecuting the war

As far as we are one nigeria every thing in Nigeria concerns us including borno. Mtchew

You and omenka just hate east because of religion and jealous us because of our brilliance but can ironically fight to death to be with us. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Iykeabc(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by HarunaWest(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2020
Azmanaty:
Foolish zulum

I tot he said security has improved since the dullard took over.. he should enjoy it while it lasts and He should stop disturbing our ears abeg
Can you compare Borno 2013/2014 to Borno of Today. I doubt cos you have never been to Borno, so I cant school you.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Vivian16: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2020
why are you wailing now shebi you praised them a short while ago we are not sympathizing with you again all of you are the same.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by YEENQAR(f): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2020
Get a pack of Kala Bean flour

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Azmanaty: 10:40am On Dec 22, 2020
HarunaWest:

Can you compare Borno 2013/2014 to Borno of Today. I doubt cos you have never been to Borno, so I cant school you.

Bros, Borno is my second home. I stay in Damboa road close to Prime Lodge.. so quit that talk
And no one moves around Borno state like someone who works for an NGO. London-ciki, Gwange, Abaganaram, Sheuri etc All those places I over sabi am
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by HarunaWest(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2020
Azmanaty:

Bros, Borno is my second home. I stay in Damboa road close to Prime Lodge.. so quit that talk
Like you lied again. That you visited Borno doesnt make it your home. Stop lying.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Onepeople: 10:43am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:

God bless Babagana!!
enough of this picture nonsense, let us all support the idea of separation so that we all can go our separate ways, you can rule your own region by showing them pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crisis In Kanu's Legal Team As Bruce Fein Asks Ejiofor To Withdraw From Case / Okezie Ikpeazu: I’m Praying For Wike To Win / Peter Obi Promises To "Checkmate" Boko Haram And ISWAP, Silent On IPOB/ESN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.